Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Braden Montgomery is going to have a nice career, but Jesus he needs to keep mom at arm’s length. Good for him getting this far. 

Honestly, after reading his mom,  it's more surprising to me that he went to Stanford than he ended up at aggy

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those butthurt goobers can make a coach waiting until the season was over to move on to another opportunity sound like Cold War era international intrigue, rife with double agents, complicated and secretive planning, traitors and betrayal. A coach who never attended that school took another job. He was never one of them.  Also, where was all of the outrage about the this pathetic man of low character whole they were enjoying that historic run? 

Edited by Whitewater Horn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

It's all so predictable.  Let's air all his dirty laundry after he has left them standing at the alter.  Had he turned down the UT job and stayed at A&M, he would have been praised as an Aggie god.

I mean no coach, certainly not Nick Saban or even Mike Leach, has ever supposedly mistreated a player and pissed off mommy and daddy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

It's all so predictable.  Let's air all his dirty laundry after he has left them standing at the alter.  Had he turned down the UT job and stayed at A&M, he would have been praised as an Aggie god.

I mean no coach, certainly not Nick Saban or even Mike Leach, has ever supposedly mistreated a player and pissed off mommy and daddy.

Not quite the Junction Boy mentality these days I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Whitewater Horn said:

Those butthurt goobers can make a coach waiting until the season was over to move on to another opportunity sound like Cold War era international intrigue, rife with double agents, complicated and secretive planning, traitors and betrayal. A coach who never attended that school took another job. He was never one of them.  Also, where was all of the outrage about the this pathetic man of low character whole they were enjoying that historic run? 

Maybe it would have been better if aggy had lost sooner, and the departure wouldn’t be so bad coming at the last game of the year…but, that's exactly why the pain was so bad.

That’s a lot of strong feelings about the “big brother-little brother” labels that have no real significance beyond shit talk. If aggy called me “little brother” or referred to The University of Texas as “little brother,” my only response would be to laugh. That’s not even worth a debate. It’s just words. Even if they want to insist upon being the “older brother” by creative use of founding dates, that fine. Due to academic rigor and rankings, athletic accomplishments, and public reputation, Texas will always be the “big brother” even if aggy insists on being the “older brother,” which is all that matters in rival smack talking. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

That’s a lot of strong feelings about the “big brother-little brother” labels that have no real significance beyond shit talk. If aggy called me “little brother” or referred to The University of Texas as “little brother,” my only response would be to laugh. That’s not even worth a debate. It’s just words. Even if they want to insist upon being the “older brother” by creative use of founding dates, that fine. Due to academic rigor and rankings, athletic accomplishments, and public reputation, Texas will always be the “big brother” even if aggy insists on being the “older brother,” which is all that matters in rival smack talking. 
If football is their measuring stick UT started a year earlier than lil bro.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-06-28-11-51-59-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-28-11-52-07-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Everyone knows that real Aggies let their mothers do their fighting for them. 

It's also HILARIOUS to me that these fucking goobers adopted the Jocko Willink “good” mantra. You know, the one where the HardAss Navy Seal™ says "good" every time something bad happens because it gives him a chance to confront a challenge? We stole their coach so obviously all these hardass totally not fake army Aggies just said "good" and moved on, right?

No. Of course they didn't. They have whined and cried and pissed their pants. They've made up lies and threatened lawsuits to salve their rusty vaginas. They beg for pity from a completely hollow, fictitious, self-made moral high ground. 

They are less than pathetic. And I hope they never stop wallowing in it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The spin article 

Texas A&M Baseball

A&M's next baseball coach will have resources aplenty for elite status

By Olin Buchanan

There’s an old saying that the Kentucky Derby cannot be won with a jackass.

No truer proverb has ever been written or spoken.

The world’s greatest jockey and trainer couldn’t get a nag in the winner’s circle. However, a good jockey could lead a great horse there.

That same logic applies to Texas A&M baseball. The difference is that the Aggies’ overall program is the stud horse in this scenario.

A&M came within one run of winning the national championship last week. With all A&M has to offer, a good, competent head coach can keep the Aggies running for the roses — or in the run for the Men’s College World Series, as it were.

The Aggies reached the MCWS twice in three seasons under now-Texas coach Jim Schlossnagle, who is considered an elite coach.

But they don’t necessarily need an elite head coach because A&M — with its facilities, finances, highly motivated donors, fan support and recruiting base — can make a good coach elite.

Hell, Schlossnagle has been a head coach for over 20 years but never reached the MCWS Finals until he came to A&M.

By the way, A&M reached the MCWS in 2011 and 2017 and almost did in 2015 and 2016 with a coach who sometimes seemed to have a limited recruiting scope in our state.

In May, Texas A&M’s Board of Regents approved a capital project plan that includes an $80 million renovation of Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park.

That isn’t meant to imply the Aggies shouldn’t pursue an elite coach to replace the departed Schlossnagle. There’s been enough false implications around here already.

If Tennessee’s Tony Vitello, Florida’s Kevin O’Sullivan, Virginia’s Brian O’Connor or Louisville’s Dan McDonnell were willing to leave successful programs, A&M should roll out the maroon carpet.

Former A&M baseball star J.B. Moss said Friday on TexAgs Radio that the Aggies should pursue Wake Forest’s Tom Walter, who led the Demon Deacons to Omaha just last season.

“The reason I suggested Tom Walter is because — you go look at Omaha and what was there (this year)? There were four teams from the SEC and four teams from the ACC,” Moss said.

He continued:

“Tom Walter just last year was named ACC Coach of the Year, so he knows how to compete at the highest level. And you backfill it with guys like (former A&M hitting coach) Michael Earley.”

Earley left A&M to follow Schlossnagle to Texas but is rumored to be interested in returning. He could probably convince several current A&M players to ignore transfer portal suitors.

If Earley is indeed interested in returning, that would depend on the new head coach's interest in him — whoever that may be.

Oklahoma's Skip Johnson, Dallas Baptist's Dan Heefner and Kentucky's Nick Mingione might not be considered elite. Not yet, anyway. 

However, with A&M's resources and the state of Texas' talent, they certainly could reach elite status at A&M.

"I can't disagree with that," Moss said. "You take a good coach at a great program and light the world on fire."

That could work. But it would at least require a good, competent coach.

Remember, the Kentucky Derby can't be won with a jackass

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

I saw Aggys on twitter sending out apologies to Vol fans that their championship now has an asterisk on it.   They were being sincere and saying it is a tarnished title since Schloss threw the last two games. 

This is the level of dunces we're dealing with.

Dumbasses.

• Haha 2

They keep talking about UT's and Schloss' "tarnished" image.  They can't comprehend that their view is limited solely to internet message board bullshit homers.  Not even local news is carrying any stories about "the tarnishing."  The national news is just talking about how Texas dunked on little brother and it might serve to rekindle the rivalry.

But nobody other than ag message board homer articles, are talking about "the tarnishing" at all.  They live in the hollowest of echo chambers.

• Hook 'Em 6

It's like saying that Cooper Manning is the big brother of the Mannings.

Edit: No offense, Arch.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-06-27-23-08-50-94_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

What kind of silliness is this? It is like asking an astrologist to give you one inkling of your future and the astrologist responds with, “I see something dark,” and “I am not saying it is dark and handsome or dark and foreboding, just that is not as black and white as you think.”

Any enterprising and ethically-challenged person can find multiple ways to make a comfortable living off of aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

As a younger brother myself, let me just attest to the fact that a&m sure acts like the little brother. It's a mentality & attitude & looks as if a&m will never be able to shake it. The one smart, aggressive move they made to break out from under our shadow was to move to the SEC & what did they do? Instead of owning it & making it about how smart the move was they instead pointed the finger at us for being mean and hurting their feelings with the LHN. That's a little brother mentality. The creation of all of their dumbass echo-chamber bullshit (the Patton "quote", WWII soldiers vs. tsips, their band marching, etc.) all reeks of being a little brother trying to make themselves look impressive because the big brother hogs all the spotlight. Having probably your most popular (amongst yourselves) "media" company drive to the press conference the other day? Yikes. No serious person would even act like that's something you should do. That'd be like showing up to the wedding of your former wife & the guy that stole her from you. Usually peer pressure & having everyone laugh at you enough helps break the little brother mentality, but with them it gets reinforced & they double down on their stupidity. Think it's dumb that we don't have female cheer leaders, we'll let our yell leaders pathetically shit talk the other team at midnight yell. Think we look like idiots for that, we'll stream it. Think we're pathetic for celebrating a win over LSU like it's the super bowl, we'll make a ring to commemorate it. Killing 12 kids in a bonfire collapse wasn't enough so we're bringing it back. Why? Because tu.

It would be really sad if it wasn't so damn funny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1