Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Checked at Texags not really expecting anything new enough to post. Wrong again.

The Early Crisis and what it means for Texas' and Schloss' tarnished reputations.

image.png.6578d0b63c09deadc6af5e6794339cad.png

image.png.009f5e9345abf7318e70d271899f26db.png

image.png.c46ed5dbf5f4e0878f2068833db09e5e.png

Just how much of a victory is it to persuade an assistant to be head coach? Evidently pretty big and difficult to attain.

image.png.9775b0ff66578e7021db7935fc8406ad.png

image.png.9e32d5433eafa6d0800106d5a1914c40.png

It would lessen the deflating and crumbling should Earley do so!

image.png.f06a823a13c4780ff229c2da4e3a77ed.png

image.png.90918f79c76ad8b606af2fe6a11b6dad.png

It took me a moment to get that one. He's talking about Texas offering to take care of A&M. We see what happens when they wander away from that helping hand. Too bad, it will never be extended again.

image.png.dd189427744ec770001f8e8bd32a2dad.png

image.png.d3a0177958db5d7591317b77a5371ebb.png

image.png.707db23a173c4dd5683236331a5da89c.png

image.png.7b1d8f4592e9cf776302e5fd8b7c8455.png

image.png.8390345a3a01feb7f5c1513d2b611819.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit, they'd be getting a career assistant as HC after a CWS final run. That's so sad. How do they think this is awesome?

B/c by saying "yes" to the aggy job, in their mind he's saying "no" to Texas.  All they care about is the perceived slight to the Horns. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit, they'd be getting a career assistant as HC after a CWS final run. That's so sad. How do they think this is awesome?

Because their Hall of Champions is a very large, very empty echo chamber 

I think A&M is hiring down knowing they are in bad financial straights, and paying off some debts to give it another go in 2030 

Way too much spin on all the things , and of course the cult will fall in line for a few years because they get angry again. 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

More ag chatter on the "tarnished reputation" that is only visible to the most secluded of ags.

Those yahoos not only think their message board parroting represent the views of all ags, but they think it represents the views of all sports fans.

But I had several conversations with real-world non-message-board ags at work throughout the week.  Mostly engineers and mostly sane people.  They're disappointed Schloss left, and especially for UT. They're concerned about who their next coach will be but hoping they can land a good one.  They're not talking-- at all-- about some "tarnishing" that occurred during the move.  They know they stole Schloss from TCU in the exact same way.

As for regional and national news-- nobody outside of College Station is talking about "tarnishing" at all, and the story only lasted maybe a day, anyway.  The slant to pretty much ALL of the non-ag-written stories was, Texas dunked on little  brother, and it's going to make the rivalry more intense.  That's all, seeya in November when there's more to report.

Message board ags have got to be the dumbest people on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Over/under 1 hour until we get the Looch "I'm getting texts from coaches around the country from HS to the Majors saying this was a homerun hire and there's not a better guy to lead a program" spin. 

well, he has a template where he just inserts the coach's name and sport, so I don't think that will take an hour.

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute. They hired our hitting coach?  But I was told by about 3,249 Ags that hiring a coach from your bitter rival was treacherous.

I hate that turncoat traitor Michael Early with the intensity and passion of 1000 white-hot suns!

My new license plate: FKEarly 

While not my license plate,  has always been my motto.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

0061117-bfec-360x360.jpg

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

I just do not understand how a person looks in the mirror and thinks “yes, this is the look for me.”

I guess you haven’t seen him lately??  The young cross-eyed chin pubes looked like Brad Pitt compared to the homeless-looking, grey-pube Looch now. 

51 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute. They hired our hitting coach?  But I was told by about 3,249 Ags that hiring a coach from your bitter rival was treacherous.

I hate that turncoat traitor Michael Early with the intensity and passion of 1000 white-hot suns!

My new license plate: FKEarly 

Team slogan...

2025 Aggy Baseball: Go Ugly Earley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

From the texags announcement thread:

image.png.70b825c2f5a8bead80cce23ecbc76d00.png

image.png.da417e600fad99bf387a5b8560d5df95.png

I guess a new Aggie fact also known as a lie has been born. Early was actually the coach last year. Schloss was busy swinging or lying. Sad.

image.png.77bcdafdea5cabb6eaa24fde69039fd6.png

This is like standing at a volcano of myth making.

image.png.f3a67de93670f6da1a799afddf052d2a.png

image.png.748d518af00d33abdfde817e10f19611.png

spacer.png

More mythology

image.png.fee6edbaf7ad9ec8ff7ae17605b5c2e1.png

Look out, BCR!

image.png.2bc3fda9326f8e947cf38650782b1a0b.png

spacer.png

Here's one of them highly decorated texags. 

image.png.0aad26193947b2b7b1db8f5f9404866a.png

And, he's got the paranoia to prove why!

image.png.260178aa6ef31f91578fd63658f1a95f.png

File under "I'd rather have a 3-star than a snooty 5-star!" and "who gives a shit?" 

image.png.c990a3a33cb3c0c521b3c6eaa17d5851.png

Another guy for the list:

image.png.e024160f313d9e6bfa74dd3bb6df1e53.png

image.png.b0b7adcb25ab8e944a65f243948c03ef.png

spacer.png

image.png.ef7799dfae362e54fe620d8751a1cfcb.png

Yup.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, SydneyCarton said:

You criticize their googling, but I'm going to criticize your reading comprehension. The tweet says "largest concert in american history" which, when you click on the link you provided, corroborates that fact. It was the biggest concert in US history. 

that's not what they originally claimed - the original claim the next day was "biggest ticketed concert ever", not just in the US

they also added the caveat "excluding festivals" because woodstock was ticketed and drew 400k+

image.thumb.png.400a3acbb23c14a3e350a1bd4f756450.png

1) If you're doing it secretly, then how is anyone going to ever find out?  Oh yeah right, the "screenshots."  It's been a week, let's see them!  Surely that's enough time for the ags to fake them even if they accidentally misplaced them.  Shoot I could have AI generate some fake screenshots in about 0.08 seconds.

2) Their assistant coach who we have just discovered was actually basically the head coach for the past several years, was an unpaid assistant until a year ago.  So, wow, that's some serious trust Schloss placed in such a young guy.  Oh that's right, Schloss was so busy lying and swinging that he had no idea what was going on inside the program, anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2024 at 9:19 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Looch thinks they’ll get a home run hire, but I just don’t see it if they bullshitted Schloss for 3 years. I don’t think the $80 million in renovations is real. But ESPN repeated it over and over again in their postseason coverage. Show me. 

the UTIMCO board needs to pull an october surprise and declare a "stock buyback" or something to that effect which cuts the next AUF payment in half or 2/3rds of what it's been the past 5 years

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the UTIMCO board needs to pull an october surprise and declare a "stock buyback" or something to that effect which cuts the next AUF payment in half or 2/3rds of what it's been the past 5 years

If that’s permitted, and aggy is using that money on athletics, yeah some knuckle rapping is in order. 

Schloss’ recounting of his conversations with Alberts confirms aggy is broke. 

11 minutes ago, Horn117 said:

I think the cringiest/creepiest is when they make shit up they want the coaches to say. That's really fucking bizarre. 

Also their self-righteous victimhood and how they're so classy and nice in a mean ol' world. Lying their asses off but believing every word they say. Is that a feedback loop?

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Also their self-righteous victimhood and how they're so classy and nice in a mean ol' world. Lying their asses off but believing every word they say. Is that a feedback loop?

I love how they say they're the nicest people in the world, but then you read their posts and it contradicts their "nice" image. They're the "nice guy" of fan bases. Fucking cringe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the cringiest/creepiest is when they make shit up they want the coaches to say. That's really fucking bizarre. 

“But then…wouldn’t it be cool when tu comes CSTAT if all 7k strong of the 12th man stood up and had our backs turned and we were all completely silent. Yeah man. Like, we didn’t even say a word. And then….then, out of nowhere, one good ag would whistle. Man….that would really show the stupid sips. They’d be so embarrassed. Those losers.”

Like the shy chris Farley host skit
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, deft said:

“But then…wouldn’t it be cool when tu comes CSTAT if all 7k strong of the 12th man stood up and had our backs turned and we were all completely silent. Yeah man. Like, we didn’t even say a word. And then….then, out of nowhere, one good ag would whistle. Man….that would really show the stupid sips. They’d be so embarrassed. Those losers.”

Like the shy chris Farley host skit

This is too logical, sip! 

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Fuck. They keep writing new stupid things.

image.png.679744a99b791b9d5d04a45137f2495d.png

Schlossnagle (POS to the nickname maniacs in College Station) Coached the deciding game for the college NC a week ago. How much has the world changed since then?

image.png.8613c4d02150ec54cf16db7c469ed2b9.png

That's a business man for sure!

Holy fucking shit. I would think this is satire if it weren't from those idiots. 

IMG_9600.gif

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

These morons actually believe a coach can’t negotiate with another school for a contract while already under contract. How do they think hires actually happen in, you know, every single coaching search ever? 

Coin flip and beer pong?