Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

12 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Glass houses, Beau. Could easily be our motto as well. 

I have honestly not seen any buttholes being posted on our baseball forum.  There are plenty of buttholes posting there, but that's a different thing entirely.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We joke but let’s be honest: that is terribly unfair for aggy fans to have to see each and every time they start the game.

Perhaps they’ll do an aggy-specific patch to customize their start screen:

cecce18330de5abe70389158c8d88b39.gif

• Haha 8

What is wrong with these people?

image.png.8105c38c537e6670f2704856cb6f4cfc.png

Triggered by a baby? Really? I really showed that little kid in the shopping basket!

[ETA: I just noted that he made sure the father had his back turned. Such manful manliness.]

So many needle dick rivals do the horns down at Longhorns like they think it's a big spell in Dungeons and Dragons. 

The Aggies have done a good job with the Big Lie to make other fans think this makes us cry and that we sought the rule change because we were so offended. When other fans meet us at games, it will be funny to see Aggie stock go even lower. 

And this guy:

image.png.ea14aa29bc4c2eb9b4eb4b6d44416216.png

What is wrong with the world when top baseball players don't have that burning desire to play for A&M in front of a dedicated fanbase (the world's only!) and for a (rookie) coach who is very popular with the players who picked him? Even playing for the natty (ugh) last year for the only time A&M has got close doesn't seem to concern (I think he means interest) these prospects. 

For some reason, the players seem interested in the successful coach who raised Aggie from being a regional power to a national one in only three years. Aggies have figured out that this coach was the problem. He's also of low character. Some might say he took a better job at a better place, but the bitter Aggies know better. 

Coach Congeniality will return them to the lip of the big time. 

A new big lie appears for the Aggies:

image.png.c90a0442ebe1dc492c716f776d1c5bd7.png

When the rumor emerged that Schlossnagle was leaving, the Aggies were delighted. They got rid of him and got their guy, a guy who was an unpaid assistant two years ago, to step in and clean up Schloss' mess. 

Things begin to fall into place. If the talent at A&M carries them to the CWS again, Earley will get one of those big extensions. John Sharpe isn't leaving until next year. He wants to wait until he can promote an assistant on the basketball team to head coach for the trifecta.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The best part is their delusions of grandeur that they view themselves as a coaching destination, not a stepping stone to a better job, even though Vitello, O'Sullivan, O'Connor turned them down, and their now former coach left for a blue blood who have actually won the NC 6 times. How dare they turn down the runners-up to the "natty" for the first time in their storied history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

20240712_161553.jpg

All of the guys he is recruiting have never played for him.

That's maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read without having misspelled words. Imagine, only being able to recruit guys whom you haven't coached. This must be the only time in the history of college sports that this has happened!

Schloss must be an awful coach and person because none of the Aggie players went with him. Another first in history! Usually the whole team ups and moves.

Too bad for those players to be tricked into playing for the guy that raised a going-nowhere program to the CWS Finals. They're not just likely headed for doom, but they've passed up the chance to be Aggies and have an honor code and maybe a ring. No Howdy for you!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

What is wrong with these people?

image.png.8105c38c537e6670f2704856cb6f4cfc.png

Triggered by a baby? Really? I really showed that little kid in the shopping basket!

[ETA: I just noted that he made sure the father had his back turned. Such manful manliness.]

So many needle dick rivals do the horns down at Longhorns like they think it's a big spell in Dungeons and Dragons. 

The Aggies have done a good job with the Big Lie to make other fans think this makes us cry and that we sought the rule change because we were so offended. When other fans meet us at games, it will be funny to see Aggie stock go even lower. 

And this guy:

image.png.ea14aa29bc4c2eb9b4eb4b6d44416216.png

What is wrong with the world when top baseball players don't have that burning desire to play for A&M in front of a dedicated fanbase (the world's only!) and for a (rookie) coach who is very popular with the players who picked him? Even playing for the natty (ugh) last year for the only time A&M has got close doesn't seem to concern (I think he means interest) these prospects. 

For some reason, the players seem interested in the successful coach who raised Aggie from being a regional power to a national one in only three years. Aggies have figured out that this coach was the problem. He's also of low character. Some might say he took a better job at a better place, but the bitter Aggies know better. 

Coach Congeniality will return them to the lip of the big time. 

A new big lie appears for the Aggies:

image.png.c90a0442ebe1dc492c716f776d1c5bd7.png

When the rumor emerged that Schlossnagle was leaving, the Aggies were delighted. They got rid of him and got their guy, a guy who was an unpaid assistant two years ago, to step in clean up Schloss' mess. 

Things begin to fall into place. If the talent at A&M carries them to the CWS again, Earley will get one of those big extensions. John Sharpe isn't leaving until next year. He wants to wait until he can promote an assistant on the basketball team to head coach for the trifecta.

So they are a favorite to repeat almost winning a natty?

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

John Sharp, praying for a Cat 5 hurricane to hit Houston before he steps down.
200.gif
Does wheels still have Sharp in charge of distributing disaster relief funds? Think he would have learned the first time when the city of Houston was left hanging years later..

7 hours ago, deft said:

giphy.gif

It's often used, but I still get transfixed with this gif. There's so much humanity in it. Every face reflects shocking, demoralizing defeat.  I would have put this image on that space probe that, I think, has finally exited the solar system after decades. Solar system's a big motherfucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, statsman said:

They know they’re persona non grata in a way they wouldn’t be if they just transferred to LSU. 

My surprise with their players isn’t that they all came back, it’s that so many of them went into the portal immediately. They have a 1 month window. They presumably were happy with the program and the relationships they had built there. Why not wait to see what shakes out, while also reaching out or being receptive behind the scenes to the LSUs or Texas’ that ask?

im probably looking for reasons to make it obvious that they only came back because aggy made it a point to be their best NIL option in an effort to stabilize the program. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My surprise with their players isn’t that they all came back, it’s that so many of them went into the portal immediately. They have a 1 month window. They presumably were happy with the program and the relationships they had built there. Why not wait to see what shakes out, while also reaching out or being receptive behind the scenes to the LSUs or Texas’ that ask?

im probably looking for reasons to make it obvious that they only came back because aggy made it a point to be their best NIL option in an effort to stabilize the program. 

Yeah, based on how it all played out and then the report from FCB or someone a couple weeks ago, I think that is the most reasonable explanation.  

This just about defines the pathological part of the spectrum of Aggie Delusions of Grandeur. To be fair, the post is not embraced by the responders except for one. Still, it's illustrative of reddest-assiest multi-generational Aggie mindset.

image.png.6a993cb47e371cc75075d37de4451ac5.png

Wow. What else can one say?

image.png.8fbabbf2944fe230c42c0a657c2c7cda.png

1 Look how a secure-in-his-place-in-the-world Aggie opts to claim equal footing with a peer. No trace of envy in capitalizing your own name and putting ebil t.u. in lowercase. Self-assurance. Good to see.

2 Heady company! For t.u. and Florida, of course.

3 You're the sanest person I've ever met. 

Ah, he has more questions. Drumroll for the big finish. No hilighting required for this marvel of a summary.

image.png.bd7cd7a7c8108c1254e7b9a83043ee70.png

spacer.png

I think that I try to be fair to the Aggies when there is a funny or apt post. I'll continue it here. In the Mack era, their board let some pretty good dark humor and realists creep onto the site. They represent A&M's only real hope for the future.

image.png.bd553c14b7ad0983dfecbb29cd1007a4.png

image.png.538101f5d43cda183a82c03eadc98e11.png

We know better than to think, "hey, maybe their drifting towards normality!"

image.png.353d39f16c9bc73a475b3d7699964d10.png

Imagined power shifters with imagined edge! Not like the fags in that city to the west. Nice echo of the homophobic and general prejudice of A&M before whatever they're identifying as the "modern era" these days.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yes it is a pattern. they rather save face and not lose a transfer than do the obvious and make a long term hire.

For fucks sakes they kept E-Rob while he was recruiting for Syracuse because they are just that stupid. They humiliated themselves so hard only on the hope that they could keep the #1 class all time on campus, and even though they lost a ton of starters from last year to the portal they are confident that the talent there is enough to win 10 games next year, delusional morons.

You can't lose games in the offseason so that is why aggies love the offseason. They can't lose to Texas if they run away (in their minds they are on a 12 game win streak) so they run away.

“SteveA” is the only rational poster, soon to get banned.

Fng aggy is always going to aggy. If, and only if, the B10 entertains this mediocrity, it’s solely based on “potential” TV eyes, as the world knows they don’t bring anything to the table. Travel for the BIG was going to be enough with the newly added WCoast teams, now just add aggy, with no direct flights.

Spring sports for the BIG this next school year is going to be something. Adding a Texas school with no direct travel, would be a dump on the already logistical nightmare.

Hook’em!!!

52 minutes ago, linux said:

Yes it is a pattern. they rather save face and not lose a transfer than do the obvious and make a long term hire.

For fucks sakes they kept E-Rob while he was recruiting for Syracuse because they are just that stupid. They humiliated themselves so hard only on the hope that they could keep the #1 class all time on campus, and even though they lost a ton of starters from last year to the portal they are confident that the talent there is enough to win 10 games next year, delusional morons.

You can't lose games in the offseason so that is why aggies love the offseason. They can't lose to Texas if they run away (in their minds they are on a 12 game win streak) so they run away.

They're a cuck program

On 7/12/2024 at 11:41 PM, deft said:

How do they figure that they are favored to play for a title again next year?

Because they got all of their players back. Schloss didn’t have shit to do with any of their success, hell, he kept them from winning it.  They believe it’s an asterisk season for Utenn 

• Hook 'Em 1

It's nonsense as I doubt there is a single soul in B10 with any interest in aggy. But just to play the game:

Football - aggy carried their tradition of being mediocre from the SWC to the B12 to the SEC, so no reason to think otherwise with this move. That puts them finishing 7th or 8th in conference most years. Try and sell to a recruit a middling program that will require significant travel and be playing meaningless football in the upper midwest in November. Also must now deal with the fact you'll be surrounded by schools who will all be in the same living rooms selling the SEC and games the family can actually attend.

Baseball - here's where aggy could theoretically become a top program in a middling baseball conference. B10 was the 5th best conference last year (just beating out the Sun Belt) so not a difficult hill to climb. Bad RPI and bad weather, the perfect match. Yep, they'll easily bring in all the elite talent that wants to play in terrible weather and be largely non-existent on the national scene. Sign me up.

Basketball - lulz. 

The Schloss saga is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Hook 'Em 2