Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

46 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

This is a bunch of non-canonical bullshit made up by a random Berber named Tertullian and popularized by weepy British poet named Milton. I have been in theological discussion groups (which is what we grown ups call Bible study so we don't sound like teenagers) with people like this dude. You cannot convince them that Paradise Lost or The Divine Comedy aren't in the Bible. They haven't actually read the Bible and most of what they think they know comes from Medieval literature and superstition filtered through a lens of  pop culture.

One of my favorite quotes ever, and used when I can, is "Long is the way and hard, that out of hell leads up to light" from Paradise Lost. Satan says it as a snake when he's seducing Eve to eat the apple, if memory serves. Has seemed apropos many times, including for us at the dawn of NIL, the portal, and the hopeful 30 year reign of terror for Steve Sarkisian and The Empire.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Sure, but all that aside, teaching your children that Schloss is Satan and UT is hell is some seriously fucked up shit.  You've got to be a complete lunatic to do that.

None of it happened. Not the war in heaven, nor the dispatch of Satan, nor the bedtime story BFisch described, nor the question from his daughter (although the daughter may be real). Do you really think a seven year old child is actually going to know, or care about, a college baseball coach?

Edited by Horndog
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I would maybe give a 7 year old a pass for thinking that a coach leaving one coaching job for another, of his own volition, is the same as an angel raising an angelic army to wage a losing war with god only to be banished to hell. Though to be honest they don’t sound much the same, so even a 7 year old shouldn’t be claiming similarities between the stories. 

But the more likely reality is that the child never said such a thing and the adult that posted it had the thought himself and felt like sharing his epiphany, as well as his Christianity. 

It’s actually a little more accurate to compare that story to earley leaving Texas to be the boss man at aggy. He just didn’t get a group of coaches together and lose a fight with schlossnagle first. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Horndog said:

None of it happened. Not the war in heaven, nor the dispatch of Satan, nor the bedtime story BFisch described, nor the question from his daughter (although the daughter may be real). Do you really think a seven year old child is actually going to know, or care about, a college baseball coach?

Absolutely. You're talking about red-ass ags and the indoctrination starts very early.  When my wife and I first started dating, her 10yo cousin literally hissed at me the first time they saw me in burnt orange longhorn gear.  They'd come to MY house to catch a ride down to the UT-TAMU game with us, and there they were, hissing at me for being a Longhorn.  I looked at the kid's parents, my wife's 1st cousins, and they laughed because they'd taught them that.

I absolutely believe that bedtime story occurred, exactly as written.  Because the parents of those kids are lunatics and have brainwashed them so.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

What the fuck

GSiqbsiXoAAjewZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

In addition to all the "What the Fuck???" contained within, that dipshit didn't even get the analogy right. 

Did Schloss envy Trev's power and authority?  Did he attempt a coup and fail, being banished by Alberts to Austin?  How do these people walk and breathe at the same time?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

TEXAS A&M AGGIES

Carter Karels, GigEm247

Compared to the average preseason, fan anticipation for this season is high, medium or low? Why?

High. They have a new head coach, in Mike Elko. They still have a lot of the best players from their vaunted 2022 recruiting class, including QB Conner Weigman, DE Shemar Stewart and safety Bryce Anderson. They brought in one of the best transfer classes in the country, led by DE Nic Scourton (Purdue). Perhaps most importantly, A&M has its most favorable schedule in years. The Aggies will not play Alabama or Georgia, and their four biggest games (Notre Dame, Missouri, LSU and Texas) are all at home. Coming off a 7-6 season, A&M is not expecting a rebuild. The Aggies expect an awesome season.

What record would be a passable season for Texas A&M?

9-3. With its favorable schedule, A&M has a huge opportunity to make a splash in Elko's first season. The Aggies would make that splash by going at least 10-2. While a 9-3 record probably will not get you into the 12-team CFP, 10-2 likely will if you are an SEC team.

Still, 9-3 would be good for an A&M program that hasn't gotten over the eight-win hump very much in recent memory. The Aggies have finished a season with nine wins only twice in the last decade. Also, their over/under win total in Vegas is at 8.5.

Your fanbase's reaction to the new-look SEC is ...

Annoyed. Texas A&M joined the SEC to get away from Texas and create its own identity. While the Aggies have not been world beaters in the SEC, they have done a nice job of building their brand and becoming a program that cannot be overlooked nationally. Now, the Longhorns are back in the SEC and have all the makings of a team that could win big immediately.

It has the feeling of a high school reunion where the guy who got bullied feels like he is better than his bully after all these years, but then the bully shows up in a Lambo.

Is NIL alignment at your program above average, average or below average. Why?

Above average. Texas A&M's NIL collective, Texas Aggies United, will not disclose much publicly. But the Aggies are among the best in the NIL game and have shown that under Elko. It is a big reason why they had one of the best transfer portal classes and have been very impressive with their 2025 recruiting.

What issue keeps your fanbase up at night?

Texas joining the SEC and being immediately amazing. Aggie fans might not want to admit it, but I am sure the thought of the Longhorns coming into their conference and immediately winning big would make them want to vomit. It is why it is crucial for Elko to take advantage of this schedule and have a very successful first season

• Haha 3

“Routinely bullied by Kansas”.

Worst decade in our program history and we lost 2 games by a combined total of 4 total points. Meanwhile, we’ve beat ku by more decades (10s)of points in one game on multiple occasion since aggy last sniffed a conference championship. Jfc.

• Hook 'Em 1

The best portal class narrative is complete bullshit. They lost way more talent than they brought in, shit some of their higher level winter portal guys were complete busts and already left. They brought in one true diffence maker in Scrouton, but if he busts then their defense is going to be laughable at best.

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.a862b40449e3d7c7c7aa2e7e302bc03a.png

The only reason they can't be overlooked nationally is that their brand is self-immolition.

I've seen the below verbatim before. Cut and paste parroting. A new creative low.

image.png.b20dc570d5837baa877bb24094efb66b.png

One last note about another oft repeated reason for the definition of the Modern Era:

image.png.350152eee5faad3764bb5160d394e9cf.png

If he got in and out of A&M from 91 to 94, he had a great run while in school.

image.png.e342e50a831f5286fefeb54269c6379b.png

If he took the usual five years, they lost his senior year and it's been a goddamn nightmare for them ever since. We beat them badly in every victory starting in 2000 (of course, no sane person would use the turn of a century as a mark). The only close victory for Texas was tearing their hearts out on the last play of our last game. No chanting SECSECSEC for you!

Their paltry 3 victories were by 5, 8, and 7.  But hey, comparable. HOWDY!

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck. A new thread on regular TexAgs. Somebody put the catnip in some Tupperware for the love of all that is sacred.

Above, @Longhornfrenzy shows their objection to the notion that they were ever bullied.

image.png.5ff454ab74a826c07a0ae436686579e0.png

Let me break this down for you, Ags. Howdy right back at ya, by the way. Saban says Texas will likely be in the championship game and describes us as another strong arrogant program like many in the SEC. He laughs at the people saying Texas will run the SEC.

He. Laughs. At. The. People. Saying. Texas. Will. Run. The. SEC.

That's you, dumbass, not Texas.

image.png.083a430e5bc6fe9e5210a30cb6e3756d.png

image.png.77ae81e7bcea9dd51a76151b0805e381.png

They're whole narrative is how we're bullies who drove them out of the Big12. We're the Destroyer of Worlds. We're toxic! 

They're really good at cognitive dissonance. It's the only cognition the redasses seem capable of.

40 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.a862b40449e3d7c7c7aa2e7e302bc03a.png

The only reason they can't be overlooked nationally is that their brand is self-immolition.

I've seen the below verbatim before. Cut and paste parroting. A new creative low.

image.png.b20dc570d5837baa877bb24094efb66b.png

One last note about another oft repeated reason for the definition of the Modern Era:

image.png.350152eee5faad3764bb5160d394e9cf.png

If he took the usual five years, they lost his senior year and it's been a goddamn nightmare for them ever since. We beat them badly in every victory starting in 2000 (of course, no sane person would use the turn of a century as a mark). The only close victory for Texas was tearing their hearts out on the last play of our last game. No chanting SECSECSEC for you!

Not to mention in 1994 aggy was put on probation for FIVE years because of the 12 Man Foundation president paying the players early 1990s, and the sanctions included a one year tv and bowl ban. 
That’s after their run of several years of cheating under the scumbag Sherrill inthe 1980s that got more probation & sanctions.

Their best years ever were based on cheating, and they still are proud of it.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-01-06-sp-9180-story.html

Their systemic cheating, and that of SMU and Houston is what led to the dissolution of the SWC, not “big bad tu”.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 6

Who among the Texas decision makers has been saying that we are going to try to big dick the SEC? I guess the existing SEC teams expect others to just come into the conference and lose. Arkansas, South Carolina, aggy, and Missouri have done that well. Texas and OU aren't those type of programs.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Who among the Texas decision makers has been saying that we are going to try to big dick the SEC? I guess the existing SEC teams expect others to just come into the conference and lose. Arkansas, South Carolina, aggy, and Missouri have done that well. Texas and OU aren't those type of programs.

aggy and missou’s best seasons were year 1.  Mizzou won the East and Aggy finished 2nd in the west. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

aggy and missou’s best seasons were year 1.  Mizzou won the East and Aggy finished 2nd in the west. 

Mizzou won the SEC East in their second season (2013).  They had a losing record (both conference and overall) in their first SEC season.

11 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

If he was born in '78, he would have been there from '95 or '96 through 1999/2000. So it's much, much worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, utee94 said:

Sure, but all that aside, teaching your children that Schloss is Satan and UT is hell is some seriously fucked up shit.  You've got to be a complete lunatic to do that.

You've spelt "aggy" incorrectly.

• Hook 'Em 1

Olin, the great Satan Slayer who rode bravely to the school to the west, has outdone himself in the field of obscurity.

image.png.254cd4fde3e1e152e6614c09df84c10e.png

image.png.e0697a205f2f8e439cd97ae602c3af41.png

1 That sure clears up the headline. Nice job, Olin.

2 You see he was "eating" and his play showed that he wasn't on a diet. So, he was playing fairly well, get it?

3 There can be no doubt that this article will help in that endeavor.

You know, the “12th Man” really can be ultra loud. That made a big difference back in the ‘80s. Their home crowd would be so loud, and then the Ag defense would shift, and the opposing QB would try to call out an audible, but his team couldn’t hear him. 

That was 40 years ago. Shortly after, teams developed visual signals for audibling in noisy environments. Since that innovation, home crowds can make noise, but they just can’t rattle and disrupt an offense like before. 

40 years. The Ags are still hopeful they can make a difference with their yelling. 

On 7/15/2024 at 8:52 PM, RomaVicta said:

I have seen some have adjusted the timeline, I just assumed the guy was Doogie Howser.

8 hours ago, statsman said:

40 years. The Ags are still hopeful they can make a difference with their yelling. 

I misstated this. Every fanbase “hopes” their noise can make a difference. The Ags have it as a key strategy, 40 years past its usefulness. 

1 hour ago, statsman said:

I misstated this. Every fanbase “hopes” their noise can make a difference. The Ags have it as a key strategy, 40 years past its usefulness. 

And as a key point of pride. They never lose a half-time (nobody keeps score) and they yell louder than everbody else (nobody cares).

You can believe the above claims because they have an honor code that forbids lying.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, statsman said:

You know, the “12th Man” really can be ultra loud. That made a big difference back in the ‘80s. Their home crowd would be so loud, and then the Ag defense would shift, and the opposing QB would try to call out an audible, but his team couldn’t hear him. 

That was 40 years ago. Shortly after, teams developed visual signals for audibling in noisy environments. Since that innovation, home crowds can make noise, but they just can’t rattle and disrupt an offense like before. 

Before the 2011 game an aggy former coworker was telling me that the crowd noise would disrupt Texas' play calls and timing.  When I pointed out that my high school football team had worked out how to overcome crowd noise in the 70s, he shifted his story.  He said that the overwhelming noise from the crowd struck actual fear into the hearts of opponents, and that it made visiting players envious that they didn't have such an awesome home crowd.  I just had to laugh, which wasn't appreciated.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

He said that the overwhelming noise from the crowd struck actual fear into the hearts of opponents, and that it made visiting players envious that they didn't have such an awesome home crowd.  I just had to laugh, which wasn't appreciated.

They really, really want to be the 800lb gorilla....in anything.  I mean, other than meat judging.  No one fears a goddamned thing about aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They really, really want to be the 800lb gorilla....in anything.  I mean, other than meat judging.  No one fears a goddamned thing about aggy. 

And even that, their program will crumble when meatpimp goes pro.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sankey backdoored us in. Via a vote of all member institutions that passed unanimously. 

And don't forget how we clowns in Austin were "stewing in irrelevancy" doing meaningless things like making the College Football Playoff, winning multiple national championships in volleyball, golf, tennis, track and field, swimming and diving, and rowing.

All while the incredibly relevant ags were winning national championships in... meat judging.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2