Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

These people are fueled by hate, lead bitter lives, and are generally terrible.

Lets add to the hate and bitterness by winning at Pyle. My dream is having Sark yell out in the middle of the 3rd quarter "Hey 3 star we are up by 21 lets show them what you got".

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Lets add to the hate and bitterness by winning at Pyle. My dream is having Sark yell out in the middle of the 3rd quarter "Hey 3 star we are up by 21 lets show them what you got".

Seconded. I’ll support any winning outcome that gets everybody out of there safely. Nobody hits the exits harder than aggys trying to beat the traffic back to Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 1

i would rent a car to drive to pyle for this game

also, psa: DO NOT SIT IN THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE STADIUM ON ANY DECK SOUTHEAST OF THE 20 YARDLINE

belmont must refuse tickets in that end of pyle, and if aggy does not accommodate our people and our band elsewhere in the stadium, refuse to pay for any tickets at all, and let it be known they will not receive an allotment of any kind next year

and if aggy refuses to quietly deal with this, then allow it to be leaked and let aggy hoist themselves on their own petard

the southeast upper deck will collapse one day, dare i say in the next 10 years

it is structurally unsound and is an all-metal version of bleachergate

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i would rent a car to drive to pyle for this game

also, psa: DO NOT SIT IN THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE STADIUM ON ANY DECK SOUTHEAST OF THE 20 YARDLINE

belmont must refuse tickets in that end of pyle, and if aggy does not accommodate our people and our band elsewhere in the stadium, refuse to pay for any tickets at all, and let it be known they will not receive an allotment of any kind next year

and if aggy refuses to quietly deal with this, then allow it to be leaked and let aggy hoist themselves on their own petard

the southeast upper deck will collapse one day, dare i say in the next 10 years

it is structurally unsound and is an all-metal version of bleachergate

I used to work with an aggy engineer who had seats in that end zone.  He left before the start of the first game because they were swaying dangerously just from the crowd entering and moving to their seats.  He told us later that he reviewed the plans for the reinforcement and didn't believe that the planned improvements would adequately address the problem.  He refuses to sit in or near that section.  He is aggy, but I trust his judgment on structural engineering matters.  Operational matters, well that's a very different discussion, but he knows structures and construction.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I used to work with an aggy engineer who had seats in that end zone.  He left before the start of the first game because they were swaying dangerously just from the crowd entering and moving to their seats.  He told us later that he reviewed the plans for the reinforcement and didn't believe that the planned improvements would adequately address the problem.  He refuses to sit in or near that section.  He is aggy, but I trust his judgment on structural engineering matters.  Operational matters, well that's a very different discussion, but he knows structures and construction.

US 75 in Collin County has been under reconstruction for 30 years, and the aggy that infest the TxDoT office responsible for the rebuild have NEVER been able to make the concrete pours and the lanes as painted match up.  They have reconfigured the road 5 or 6 times, and each time, it remains impossible to drive in a single lane on a single pour of concrete.   It's not really possible to fuck up this badly if intending to do so.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

By any chance, did he find himself getting some positive feedback about aTm from jealous opposing fans at a cafe before the game, then shook hands and helped them find the best way to the stadium?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I read your posts and often assume that there is a high probability that you are just batshit crazy. That said, there’s another part of me where I read stuff like this and I think “well, fuck, I’m never going to that stadium again. “

i know everyone read this at the time but it's useful to remember they blamed the frequency of a song:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/particular-frequency-of-sandstorm-causes-kyle-field-stands-to-shift/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The only good reason to go to that POS stadium is to yell "Poor Aggies" while we're kicking the shit out of them.  I can get the same satisfaction yelling it at DKR. 

Agreed, I rather not contribute to aggy ticket sales.

I've been to lots of games at Kyle Field.  I've seen several more Texas wins than losses there, and it's a great time walking out of there with a Longhorn victory, while they're hanging their heads in shame.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

I don't see what's so special about that. Everytime I talk to an ag about their football program, they get defensive minded.

I sat next to a seemingly really nice guy about my age at a wedding on a “yacht” (mini cruise ship with 110 guests) completely occupied by guests for a wedding party. 

The wedding couple were both having their 2nd wedding, both grew up in Texas, both Harvard Law grads, the whole long-weekend (Fri->Mon) event was free, everyone should have been in a great mood.

The guy next to me at Friday night’s dinner went to A&M for undergrad and Texas for his MBA.

The event was MLK Day weekend, so ~ mid January-ish.

A&M had a ton of directional school transfers lined up and one stud from Purdue.

The guy was excited and asked me what I thought.

1) I said that the Purdue guy was really good, but most of the transfers were not as strong.

2) He asked me about their new O.C. I mentioned that I thought that he wasn’t a good fit for their QB. He objected. I told him that I thought that the QB was very good when standing, but doubted that he would be healthy at the end of the season. I questioned their OL.

3) I never talked about what I thought Texas had or how well they would do.

4) He told me that Texas fans always talked down about A&M and the team’s success.

He seemed “simple”, but did get into UT for an MBA in the mid ‘90s, I would guess, but couldn’t handle an opinion that differed from his due to it coming from a Longhorn.

He basically avoided any interaction with me for the rest of the dinner, and we never spoke again for the rest of the 60 hours on the boat.

EVERYONE seemed to get along on that boat, but I think that I hurt his feelings and he was determined not to allow negativity to affect his weekend, so that was it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

I don't see what's so special about that. Everytime I talk to an ag about their football program, they get defensive minded.

The wrecking crew was a cool name. Gotta live in the past. It’s an Aggie tradition. Remember that thing before we were born?

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, derp said:

The wrecking crew was a cool name. Gotta live in the past. It’s an Aggie tradition. Remember that thing before we were born?

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

Funny that below says...

Glen Gaspard and "The Texas Wrecking Crew" gunning for six in a row

19872359.jpeg?t=1Pg5PE

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

4) He told me that Texas fans always talked down about A&M and the team’s success.

Reading this, I wanted to laugh about the idea of TAMU’s “success”, but the guy you talked to was probably in school for the Aggie peak. I looked it up on the Stassen site- from 1985-1998, TAMU had the seventh best win % in the nation (Texas was 35th). That probably formed his worldview wrt college football. 

Now, the Ags never did anything with that. All the teams in the top 10 win% over that period, except them and the Buckeyes, won a MNC or two (or three, for the Hurricanes and Huskies).  And, sure, the Ags did have about three major NCAA probations over that period. 

We laugh at the Ags and their quarter century without even playing for a conference championship, but there is a segment of their fans that think they’re right up there, just needing a few breaks. 

• Like 1

I sat next to a seemingly really nice guy about my age at a wedding on a “yacht” (mini cruise ship with 110 guests) completely occupied by guests for a wedding party. 

The wedding couple were both having their 2nd wedding, both grew up in Texas, both Harvard Law grads, the whole long-weekend (Fri->Mon) event was free, everyone should have been in a great mood.

The guy next to me at Friday night’s dinner went to A&M for undergrad and Texas for his MBA.

The event was MLK Day weekend, so ~ mid January-ish.

A&M had a ton of directional school transfers lined up and one stud from Purdue.

The guy was excited and asked me what I thought.

1) I said that the Purdue guy was really good, but most of the transfers were not as strong.

2) He asked me about their new O.C. I mentioned that I thought that he wasn’t a good fit for their QB. He objected. I told him that I thought that the QB was very good when standing, but doubted that he would be healthy at the end of the season. I questioned their OL.

3) I never talked about what I thought Texas had or how well they would do.

He seemed “simple”, but did get into UT for an MBA in the mid ‘90s, I would guess, but couldn’t handle an opinion that differed from his due to it coming from a Longhorn.

He basically avoided any interaction with me for the rest of the dinner, and we never spoke again for the rest of the 60 hours on the boat.

EVERYONE seemed to get along on that boat, but I think that I hurt his feelings and he was determined not to allow negativity to affect his weekend, so that was it.

It's always easy to spot these yokels coming from a mile away, and I just refuse to engage.  I pretend I don't know anything at all about the ag football program, because it's just the easiest way to get by.  If they insist on talking to me about it even after I've politely refused to engage, then I nod and smile and say "oh yeah, that Purdue guy and other transfers sound pretty good.  I'm looking forward to the game this year, should be a lot of energy."  And I leave it at that.

• Haha 1

He was concerned that the tu faggy dildo-wavers in Asstin the center of evil, bullying, arrogance, irrelevance, and toxicity weren't being respectful enough to the rough tough real stuff Texas A&M Fighting Texas Aggies from Texas?

I suppose we should mimic their ways.

• Drool 1

It looks pretty cut-rate and generic. I guess that's just the wisdom of the Elk. 

They're showing up at practice and lifting weights. They're eating fried chicken tenders with gobs of shells and "cheese." It's a whole new culture of champions!