Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

QUESTION:

Where can you find “Bear Claws” - danish pastry with marzipan inside & white frosting and roasted almond slices on top - in this day & age?

The local Jewish bakery* had them when I was a kid, but they haven’t sold them for decades. 

Is there a bakery in Bryan/College Station that makes bear claws?

(I may return to that shit hole once again after all.)

*STEIN’S BAKERY in “North Dallas”/“Preston Hollow”

Plenty of bakeries, that's a pretty standard baked good

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

QUESTION:

Where can you find “Bear Claws” - danish pastry with marzipan inside & white frosting and roasted almond slices on top - in this day & age?

The local Jewish bakery* had them when I was a kid, but they haven’t sold them for decades. 

Is there a bakery in Bryan/College Station that makes bear claws?

(I may return to that shit hole once again after all.)

*STEIN’S BAKERY in “North Dallas”/“Preston Hollow”

20 minutes ago, WBT said:

Shirley's has bearclaws.  It's just a glazed donut made in that shape but they call them bearclaws.

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Plenty of bakeries, that's a pretty standard baked good

Yeah you can find them just about anywhere, but like WBT says it's just a glazed donut in that shape, and bakeries call them bear claws.  I've never heard of the kind of bear claw Napoleon is talking about, but it sounds tasty.

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah you can find them just about anywhere, but like WBT says it's just a glazed donut in that shape, and bakeries call them bear claws.  I've never heard of the kind of bear claw Napoleon is talking about, but it sounds tasty.

Panera used to make them like that, but I haven't been there in a decade so not sure they still do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

PART 1:

Yeah you can find them just about anywhere, but like WBT says it's just a glazed donut in that shape, and bakeries call them bear claws.

Hmmm, it’s not the shape that I am missing, but I’ll keep an eye out  

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

PART 2:
I've never heard of the kind of bear claw Napoleon is talking about, but it sounds tasty.

It’s definitely the danish of marzipan, frosting, and toasted sliced almonds that I’m missing. 

I think that I learned the word “marzipan” in the early 2000s from eating desserts in the IKEA café in Burbank, CA. Then soon after, I realized what Stein’s bear claws had in the middle. 

53 minutes ago, BERT said:

image.thumb.jpeg.265e99687af9004a2d9441e32a69a17e.jpeg

Pam would be a big bundle of fun, but you’d always have to watch your back…

…side.

• Haha 2

Lulz ...     .

Is this where they gloat about wearing “glow in the dark” uniforms, for a noon KO, like they did about a decade ago? Fng aggy, only they would do something as that. I think it was a game in Starkville, if I remember right. 11 or 12 KO - LMA off!!!

Hook’em!!!

19 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Is this where they gloat about wearing “glow in the dark” uniforms, for a noon KO, like they did about a decade ago? Fng aggy, only they would do something as that. I think it was a game in Starkville, if I remember right. 11 or 12 KO - LMA off!!!

Hook’em!!!

My dude, read the thread! Two posts up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Lovely Saturday in just over two weeks if ND overwhelms A&M. 

This doesn't need much analysis, but...

image.png.60ceb2a7c92741c8b6e32a82d2e85428.png

The apologist twice points out that Zuhn was chosen as captain. Add that C beside the SEC patch and you've got yourself a special player! Let's elect the competent one!

Experience counts for a lot. Evidently it earned Bisontis another post-high school graduation star! 

Those guys competing for spots must really suck if you judge the starters by how they did when gaining experience.

But, they are competing for spots! It's that new culture Elko brought. Guys showing up to practice! Guys running laps! No more grab-ass in the huddle! Putting on their pads right! Saying HOWDY!

Rolling. Ball. Of. Butcher. Knives.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Lovely Saturday in just over two weeks if ND overwhelms A&M. 

This doesn't need much analysis, but...

image.png.60ceb2a7c92741c8b6e32a82d2e85428.png

The apologist twice points out that Zuhn was chosen as captain. Add that C beside the SEC patch and you've got yourself a special player! Let's elect the competent one!

Experience counts for a lot. Evidently it earned Bisontis another post-high school graduation star! 

Those guys competing for spots must really suck if you judge the starters by how they did when gaining experience.

But, they are competing for spots! It's that new culture Elko brought. Guys showing up to practice! Guys running laps! No more grab-ass in the huddle! Putting on their pads right! Saying HOWDY!

Rolling. Ball. Of. Butcher. Knives.

Yeah, I read that dude's post and noticed, outside of many other fantasy takes, that he's added star rankings to both Bisontis and Dewberry. Neither guy was a 5 star by any service.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I read that dude's post and noticed, outside of many other fantasy takes, that he's added star rankings to both Bisontis and Dewberry. Neither guy was a 5 star by any service.

I love how an offensive coordinator can scheme around an offensive line sucking.  I mean I get that there are things you can do to minimize the impact of a d-line v. o-line matchup (roll QB's out, quick passes as opposed to deeper routes, etc.), but I don't believe I have ever seen an o-line get dominated at the line of scrimmage like I anticipate Aggie will this year and not get a QB murdered or just be unable to run the ball or both.

7 minutes ago, deech said:

but I don't believe I have ever seen an o-line get dominated at the line of scrimmage like I anticipate Aggie will this year and not get a QB murdered or just be unable to run the ball or both.

Well, one thing they’ll have going for them is the renowned durability of QB1, so it shouldn’t be an issue. And, if it is, QB2 is better, anyway. 

17 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:
  Reveal hidden contents

did this motherfucker just say its the most talent elko has ever had on the defensive side of the ball? After their historically high recruiting class in 2022? Unless he left right as that class signed which might be the case.

It really seems like the logical conclusion to writing this post would have been to hit Delete rather than Submit. 

I’m looking forward to the Horns season… I am… I think we’ll be really good. 

But I can’t fucking wait for the Ag’s season. It’s similar to waiting for next season of curb your enthusiasm or something. I’m giggling as I’m thumbing the remote to find the channel. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

It really seems like the logical conclusion to writing this post would have been to hit Delete rather than Submit. 

It was still a valid question even if I wasn't able to verify the information at the time. That being said I acknowledge that I was wrong after verifying he left.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If I'm remembering correctly most of their "highly rated" OL recruits in that class were propped up by rivals ratings. Others had them much lower. 

29 minutes ago, BeautifullyFurnishedCasita said:

Here's what LF posted on twitter

Money to go to Billy just to converse with other aggies? 

I've gotta give it to Billy. He's making money hand over fist charging these cucks just talk to one another on a forum. Aggys truly are the stupidest people, not just in America, but THE WORLD.

4 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

If I'm remembering correctly most of their "highly rated" OL recruits in that class were propped up by rivals ratings. Others had them much lower. 

I legitimately think they are just mentally passing around TJ Shanahan's 5th star from rivals. Also deeply enjoy them repackaging "multiple years of horrible game tape" to the more palatable "Experienced." 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Also deeply enjoy them repackaging "multiple years of horrible game tape" to the more palatable "Experienced." 

This was really incredible -- "Our O-line last year was admittedly horrible.  But this year's group will be good because they're experienced!"

Season 5 Idk GIF by The Office

• Haha 3