Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

16 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what's changed - more so than a new rinse/repeat coaching cycle - is a new AD that is literally the simian version of a coelenterate who came from the information economy - and the ubiquity and power of the ministry in that realm he probably perceives as a threat to whatever it is that he thinks he was hired to do

i'm predicting a pivot from blaming looch to blaming trev

Trev as aggy AD is the gift that keeps on giving

Screenshot_2024-08-18-11-15-44_kindlephoto-6012551.png.507eaea791d7af4183c0c8571ff1a2ea.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

When I was stationed in S Korea, early ‘90s, we had rebar racks over our foxholes at the qualifying rifle range. If you shot over/outside the rebar, you’d shoot into N Korea.

It was amazing thinking that we’d go to “the field” for a month, less than 5-10 miles from a sworn enemy and not have a live round on each soldier in the field! Since I was with MLRS battalion, we did have a “hot launcher” ready 24/7. We were the only ones that could reach Pyongyang at the flip of a switch.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Trev is the perfect POS for aggy. I don’t know why he was there, but when my Dad was the AD at Houston Christian (15 years ago) he was an unbelievable ass just talking to him, at a small private school sideline on a Friday night. I was nice talking about his era and Nebby, and how I liked Remington being a Center in his era, which I played in the late ‘80s.

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

The greatest living Aggies, those entitled to wear the most flair, are those brave souls who fought (some died) unruly bands of Lubbock youth (who paid $7.50 each to see the home team beat the Ags…again) to gain their freedom from Jones AT&T Taco Bell Radio Shack Stadium in 2001  

Every Aggie alive claims to have been up on the wall defending the sacred post-game Yell Practice that fateful afternoon in Lubbock. Binoculars were twirling, Copenhagen juice was flying, bass boat seats were used as cudgels, Aggie rings were being used as defensive weapons. The bravery displayed that afternoon won’t soon be forgotten.

5,100 Ags made the trip to the South Plains, but only 5,097 returned to College Station alive. Some brave martyrs were unable to get out of the way of that lethal goalpost moving .3 miles an hour at the direction of the marauding renegade Capitan Vincent Valdez. Gap Kid thought he was emasculating the aggy faithful, but instead the martyrdom of the 3, along with the blood shed by brave Dr. McKinney, commanding general of the Resistance, inspired them all to load up in their maroon Expeditions and Suburbans for the long, solemn trek back to Aggieland.

Cries of “Never Again!” were heard as the last Ford Tempo sputtered away from the clutches of the Feedlot Fog, the Aggie faithful vowed they would never again allow one of their own like Clarence Mullins, FTA ‘52 (whoop!) to be dismembered by a creeping goalpost while righteously defending the high ground of Yell Practice from a band of heathens who were out to commit genocide on all who wore the maroon and white.

The binoculars emoji is the pinnacle of Aggie online recognition. Many claim to be eligible, but only a very select few Ags can credible display such an emblem of valor. 
image.jpeg.01c7ed1b8f4798a59831345849058c2f.jpeg

We can never forget the battle of SMU, either. Those brave souls pulled out their swords and charged into action. With their polyester army jumpsuits, it was hard to see when the blood ran down the maroon. Sad day. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 12:24 PM, immamac said:

So the thing is there's a huge opportunity for event driven communities. The whole concept of communities like this or Texags is largely going away because the younger more tech enabled and savvy users want more real time engagement without contributing themselves (feeds and shouting into the void) no one wants to put the effort into creating content, because it's harder than just reading a bunch of big Twitter accounts saying the same shit as you think. 

Echo chambers and group think and people having uniform opinions is really what's leading to the demise of online discussion and discussion based sites. It's also extremely difficult to remain anonymous online and putting out real thoughts and viewpoints is extremely high risk for portions of the population that are in positions that are sensitive to that kind of stuff getting out there. 

There are many people who want to give money to this site, other causes etc but want to maintain their anonymity. It's one of the biggest questions I get. How can I donate without anyone finding out who I am. I've been doing 5 minutes of daily content for autograph and engagement there is low even though it shouldn't be - they are doing a pretty good job with what they are trying to build and it just goes nowhere because there just isn't an overwhelming amount of content that automatically gets shoved into your face. 

Twitch.tv/SurlyHorns live stream the tailgates! Also like other poster has said....Discord is definitely a solid bridge.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I do admire that he didn't feed them their usual bullshit. That's some Jonestown laced Flavor-Aid. WRs that can't catch, shitty o-line... But sure, aggy, your 10-2 season will definitely come to fruition. 

Forgot TEs that can’t get separation. 

That ND game is now must-watch. The coaster is going off the rails early this year, boys. 

• Like 1

Surely, ND knows beating the Ags really helps their playoff chances. The Irish don’t have a tough schedule, and if they finish 10-2 with a loss to an 8-4 TAMU, they won’t have much of an argument to make the CFP ahead of a 9-3 (certainly not a 10-2) SEC at large team. Conversely, 10-2 with a win over the Ags helps them in the comparison. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Remember they think ND is slower version of their team.

Don't ignore the possibility that the ND HC will likely be available in a year or two. You know, just in case The Elk comes down with a case of Jimbo-itis.

Advantage aggy.

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Surely, ND knows beating the Ags really helps their playoff chances. The Irish don’t have a tough schedule, and if they finish 10-2 with a loss to an 8-4 TAMU, they won’t have much of an argument to make the CFP ahead of a 9-3 (certainly not a 10-2) SEC at large team. Conversely, 10-2 with a win over the Ags helps them in the comparison. 

TAMU ain't going 8-4 this year. They may really suck most everywhere outside of DL.

Edited by MuellerHorn

28 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

image.thumb.png.8629568b295719bc009aa6758e6a72f9.png

For some reason, I can't find any domination. Is one 10 win season domination?

Hmmm.  I can only find one conference championship:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_12_Conference_football_champions

And like you, from 1996-2011, I can only find 10-win season.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-am/index.html

"Dominate" and "consistently" don't mean what they used to.  I blame the librul media.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

image.thumb.png.8629568b295719bc009aa6758e6a72f9.png

For some reason, I can't find any domination. Is one 10 win season domination?

Board the 'coaster, my friend, it's leaving the Station in just a few more days. Enjoy the ride, it's... inevitable.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:49 AM, Tex Long said:

Paging Marshal Zhukov. Marshall Zhukov to the Maroon Courtesy Phone.

Imagine what they’d do with the football helmet stickers for “good play” a la tOSU and little league football.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Who would we want on their current roster? Scourton and Anderson jump out. Probably Regis. Maybe Chappell? 

Not a single player on offense. Yikes. 

Good list. Shemar Stewart can play. Did that good punter graduate? We could use one. Honestly, anyone on their DL would be good depth at worst for us. But otherwise... no bueno. The OL is so very sad.

Edited by texifornia

Shemar Turner and Anderson would be the only guys that would get consistent playing time for this team. Their top EDGE guys would be 6/7 on the depth chart getting situational snaps but definitely behind Burke, Sorrell, Moore, Finkley, Vasek, and Simmons.

58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Shemar Turner and Anderson would be the only guys that would get consistent playing time for this team. Their top EDGE guys would be 6/7 on the depth chart getting situational snaps but definitely behind Burke, Sorrell, Moore, Finkley, Vasek, and Simmons.

Dude.  The guy from Purdue would start for almost anybody including probably us.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

They were 72-64 in the big 12.     Domination.

With losing records to:

Colorado, Kansas st.  Missouri, Nebraska, Ou, Tech and of course Texas with the stellar 5-11 record against us in the big 12.  

Just think what aggy record would be without the three cupcake wins every year!!

On 8/19/2024 at 10:32 AM, Mr. Drummond said:

They were 72-64 in the big 12.     Domination.

With losing records to:

Colorado, Kansas st.  Missouri, Nebraska, Ou, Tech and of course Texas with the stellar 5-11 record against us in the big 12.  

Edited by Tx74
Duplicate

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A lot of what drives the rave Scourton reviews is his performance against ATM’s offense. He was a damned good ball player at Purdue last year as well. That considered, I think he’d be an excellent part of the rotation and might start, but his hype should still be matched against a TBD for all of us. The “he’s a high first round pick” stuff due to people watching their spring game and listening to idiots like Liucci afterwards merits some cynicism. 

I’d happily take Turner, Stewart, Anderson and Scourton on defense. Green would immediately be in the TE rotation if he’s recovered okay from ACL surgery. Given our injuries, either Daniels or Moss would be helpful for spelling Blue and Co. 

There’s not a lot of meat on the bone over there. I’ve been working through a post that I’ll probably add to the aggie threads after I actually gather the data, but it is looking like they might only have like 5 transfers getting meaningful snaps across the roster. They took in like 27 and lost around that many who were, in aggregate, much higher rated. The talking heads in the media have been fed the 247 transfer rankings by Texans and whatever other PR help they have internally.  Those chickens are about to come home to roost. 

Which roster would you rather have right now 2024 A&M or 2014 Texas? Because I made a joke about how much the situation looks to me but I wasn’t really reading message boards back then so I don’t know with out hindsight.

33 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Which roster would you rather have right now 2024 A&M or 2014 Texas? Because I made a joke about how much the situation looks to me but I wasn’t really reading message boards back then so I don’t know with out hindsight.

What roster are you talking about? Everyone knows Texas didn't field a football team from 2010 to 2017. And you won't convince me otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1