Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

50 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Which roster would you rather have right now 2024 A&M or 2014 Texas? Because I made a joke about how much the situation looks to me but I wasn’t really reading message boards back then so I don’t know with out hindsight.

Pretty similar. Both had some high end talent that was going to play a final year before the NFL.  And then a lot of scarcity after that.  Their QB room is significantly better in that it is average and ours was dumpster fire.  We had better backs and receivers.  Much better linebackers and DBs.  DL a push.

Elko is probably can recite the name of his starting QB and knows his home address, so I give them the coaching advantage.  And Klein >>>>>> Watson.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Shemar Turner and Anderson would be the only guys that would get consistent playing time for this team. Their top EDGE guys would be 6/7 on the depth chart getting situational snaps but definitely behind Burke, Sorrell, Moore, Finkley, Vasek, and Simmons.

You’re such a moron that you didn’t even mention their best player who would absolutely start for us. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

A lot of what drives the rave Scourton reviews is his performance against ATM’s offense. He was a damned good ball player at Purdue last year as well. That considered, I think he’d be an excellent part of the rotation and might start, but his hype should still be matched against a TBD for all of us. The “he’s a high first round pick” stuff due to people watching their spring game and listening to idiots like Liucci afterwards merits some cynicism. 

This is pretty off. Scourton had 10 sacks and 15 TFLs in the Big Ten as a true sophomore, and he showed out against the best teams he faced. the hype around him is merited, and he was considered a first round talent before he even transferred. He would definitely start for us and likely be one of the best players on our defense. 

The funniest thing about him is he was a 4 star at Bryan HS, but Jimbo and co. were too busy taking 5 star busts trying to have the highest rated class ever to even pay attention to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He had obvious red flags around him as a recruit that even a tone deaf staff like Fisher’s would have known about due to proximity. Scourton needed to leave the area, which made his return somewhat surprising. 

I didn’t say much different than you about Scourton now, you just mixed in effusive praise and I said it would be worth waiting to see him this season to cement the first round notion.  It’s not like his numbers from last year are a secret here. You’ll have to show your work on the pre-transfer notion of him having 1st round status. He transferred in 8 months ago and I don’t remember anyone calling him a 1st round prospect until after the spring game. 

If there’s a non-obscure reference calling him a 1st rounder last Dec/Jan, well, mea culpa. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Fud said:

Does either ND or A&M break fourteen points in that game? Under 46.5 seems like easy money, even allowing for a TD return by one of the teams 

My take is that A&M will not break 14, but ND has the potential to significantly pass that.  TAMU's DL is great, but the middle is dogcrap and the secondary is suspect.  The DL can be schemed around.  I don't think this game will be close.  And I'm here for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nnm said:

My take is that A&M will not break 14, but ND has the potential to significantly pass that.  TAMU's DL is great, but the middle is dogcrap and the secondary is suspect.  The DL can be schemed around.  I don't think this game will be close.  And I'm here for it.

This is the worst Notre Dame OL in awhile. Scheming around a strong DL while your OL isn't great is easier said than done, especially in front of what should be a tough road environment. I think we're looking at a low scoring poop fest, with Notre Dame having the edge since they have a healthier roster and a better QB. Something like 17-13 Notre Dame, with an easy hit on the under 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fud said:

This is the worst Notre Dame OL in awhile. Scheming around a strong DL while your OL isn't great is easier said than done, especially in front of what should be a tough road environment. I think we're looking at a low scoring poop fest, with Notre Dame having the edge since they have a healthier roster and a better QB. Something like 17-13 Notre Dame, with an easy hit on the under 

This is mostly where I've been and what I've been writing about regarding the game. The one thing that gives me pause is a potential gap in regard to quality. Both programs are entering the matchup with similar assumed weaknesses and strengths against one another. That said, even with the OL rebuild at ND, can we be certain that they're just not substantially better from the jump, thus better nullifying some of the perceived aggie DL advantage? We know ND knows what they're doing with OL development, which leads to that question.

Conversely, I'm not saying Cushing isn't solid, as I don't know what I think yet given the majority of his time was at NW, but I do know that he's inherited a pile of dogshit to work with on the aggie end of the OL. If there's a Graham Barton hiding somewhere in that pile, good on Cushing for somehow finding him.

37 minutes ago, Fud said:

You're probably right, but I think the biggest potential difference is ND's potential to scheme around TAMU's sole strength in its DL.  Easier said than done in a hostile environment, but I don't think TAMU has the same potential.  If the game gets out of hand, it's only going to be in one direction, and that's not a good thing for TAMU.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

Good list. Shemar Stewart can play. Did that good punter graduate? We could use one. Honestly, anyone on their DL would be good depth at worst for us. But otherwise... no bueno. The OL is so very sad.

They missed 4 fgs and I picked them off 3 times with 6 sacks against that OL on ncaa25 last night. Absolutely abhorrent.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

They missed 4 fgs and I picked them off 3 times with 6 sacks against that OL on ncaa25 last night. Absolutely abhorrent.

Ngl... I took the difficulty all the way down to freshman when I played the a&m game and absolutely skullfucked em. It was something in the ballpark of 130-0 with 20+ sacks. 

Edit: Oh. Weigman left the game with a broken collarbone.  Color me surprised

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

To summarize: Tarp is talking shit to his readers about aggy’s terrible OL and thin secondary. And Looch won’t give them practice reports because the Elko Administration asked him not to. 

Tarp keeps talking shit to readers, aggy admin and/or Texags may have to come out with some real info, even if a big lie, something.

1 hour ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Tarp keeps talking shit to readers, aggy admin and/or Texags may have to come out with some real info, even if a big lie, something.

10 days to KO vs ND.  They can keep the lid on everything, and pumping hopium, until then, but no longer.  

So the most open coach in the history of Aggie football is telling them everything and then making the SID clamp down on any reporting about anything 

And they are just OK with it?  LOL.   What a crock of shit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

A big lie? That is literally what they already post lol. All they have to do is reach into their grab bag of kool-aid, replace the names, and voilà! A new championship roster! 

On 8/20/2024 at 9:49 AM, nnm said:

Aggy o-line is baboon diarrhea that ND will easily exploit. This game will not be close. ND has a mobile QB and a good line (it could be great if they can figure out their LT situation, and plenty of toys to throw, hand off to. Aggys D-line is good on paper, but they have no rotation, and their db's are crusted sloth shit. I expect ND to win by 14 at the very least. Aggy offense is so bad, Bill O'Brien is wincing and turning away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Aggy o-line is baboon diarrhea that ND will easily exploit. This game will not be close. ND has a mobile QB and a good line (it could be great if they can figure out their LT situation, and plenty of toys to throw, hand off to. Aggys D-line is good on paper, but they have no rotation, and their db's are crusted sloth shit. I expect ND to win by 14 at the very least. Aggy offense is so bad, Bill O'Brien is wincing and turning away. 

Baboon diarrhea and sloth shit - very descriptive words and great band names 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

ND has a mobile QB and a good line (it could be great if they can figure out their LT situation, and plenty of toys to throw, hand off to. Aggys D-line is good on paper

I don't know shit about shit, but i can tell you the ND people i talk to (one of whom was an Offensive lineman there and drafted in NFL) would argue the claim that their line will be good - especially first game of season.    Take the under.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

First person I've seen say the ND Oline will be good.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

With their schedule, I'd hope so. Now in the playoffs (assuming they make it) it will probably get exploidted. They have the easiest schedule in the country. 

Stupid sip. tu has the easiest schedule.

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2024 at 10:34 AM, Laxtonto said:

Let me get this right …

The natives are getting restless at texags because they realized that the new media policy means they don’t get the reporting they were accustomed to in the past. On top of that, Looch is using that as an excuse to do more video and podcast stuff and not do written practice reports (which you can’t really blame him if because how do you write up a report when you can’t comment on 90% of what you hear/see?) and the older group is taking offense to it.

And when they complain about it, what does Looch do? Pitch a fit and go on a banning spree. Never change texags, never change…

SIAP...  so terrible I couldn't watch all of it

The Loochador Podcast: Camp chatter as Notre Dame game approaches

2 days ago