Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-08-22-09-55-39-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-22-10-14-55-28_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-22-10-15-08-45_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The projection is so strong. Baker is the exact situation you want your roster and NIL to be in, an elite talent who is already pushing for playing time as a freshman and is sitting behind two starting tackles that are 1st and 2nd round draft picks. That’s not dead money, that called investing in the future of your program. Dead money is when you recruit multiple high dollar mercenaries at the same position in the same class in back to back years and your ego stops you from letting some of them walk because you jerk off to bunch of meaningless online talents stats.

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What has aggy done in the portal that makes them believe they can replace 2 5 stars? Scourton is an anomaly. 

They think guy like ricks and grimes who had that rating in high school means they know how to play the portal game. Scourton is nowhere near there if not where is from.

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What has aggy done in the portal that makes them believe they can replace 2 5 stars? Scourton is an anomaly. 

They seemed excited about the Utah center and the Miami OH guy who led the MAC in sacks (but was only 3rd team all conference).

• Hook 'Em 1

Caught the highlights of The Elk’s interview of Jim Rome today. Alberts and Sharp are likely dressing him down as we speak.

- Finally admitted to Owens being out for the year while giving himself an out. “Well if our season is extended (lol) maybe we can get Reuben back.”

- Stated there is absolutely no reason Texas and aggy shouldn’t play eachother. 

- Denied aggy is rebuilding. “If you’re rebuilding, you’re building your team for another coach.” Most coachspeaky bullshit I’ve heard in a long time. Well done Mike, you have these regards eating out of your deer feeder. I think we know where the 10 wins is a lock delusion came from. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Isn’t Williams the guy everyone on this board thought was soft and overrated like a month ago? He’s obviously a take based on the aggy tears alone though. 

We still do. He'd really make A&M and LSU fans sad though.

Soft isn’t accurate. Overrated is accurate if he insists on staying at S. If the dude moves to LB and embraces it, he’s potentially the best LB recruit in the country.  Now that MLB is off the table, he’s worth a shot.

And yes, the tears of our enemies mostly make it worth it as well. For that alone, I’m hoping Texas lands him. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Caught the highlights of The Elk’s interview of Jim Rome today. Alberts and Sharp are likely dressing him down as we speak.

- Finally admitted to Owens being out for the year while giving himself an out. “Well if our season is extended (lol) maybe we can get Reuben back.”

- Stated there is absolutely no reason Texas and aggy shouldn’t play eachother. 

- Denied aggy is rebuilding. “If you’re rebuilding, you’re building your team for another coach.” Most coachspeaky bullshit I’ve heard in a long time. Well done Mike, you have these regards eating out of your deer feeder. I think we know where the 10 wins is a lock delusion came from. 

Like anyone other than Elko got any corn from that deer feeder.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Man, that is really grim. They’re trying to manage expectations in uncomfortable ways. Like they’ve been told shit is going to be really ugly. 

It’s hard for me to prefer any success for ND. It’s usually nicer to see the A&M rollercoaster plunge from the greatest height possible.

That said, a couple of recruiting losses this week followed by getting worked on national television, at home, in Elko’s debut, such that the rollercoaster bursts into flames in the station while still taking on passengers wouldn’t be the worst way to start SEC season 1.0.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It’s hard for me to prefer any success for ND. It’s usually nicer to see the A&M rollercoaster plunge from the greatest height possible.

That said, a couple of recruiting losses this week followed by getting worked on national television, at home, in Elko’s debut, such that the rollercoaster bursts into flames in the station while still taking on passengers wouldn’t be the worst way to start SEC season 1.0.

Please, they could get pants by ND in week one, then win their next 4 games against McNeese, Florida, Bowling Green, and Arkansas and the roller coaster would be back on track heading into a big home game against a likely 4-0 top 10 Missouri team.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Please, they could get pants by ND in week one, then win their next 4 games against McNeese, Florida, Bowling Green, and Arkansas and the roller coaster would be back on track heading into a big home game against likely 4-0 top 10 Missouri team.

I don’t see it, even from them, but maybe we’ll find out. 

16 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Oh noes!!!  The dreaded t-shirt t-sip taunt!

Oh, and also, that never happened.  

I live in ETX, and used to live in the Houston area. TAMU t-shirt fans are ubiquitous. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nnm said:

I live in ETX, and used to live in the Houston area. TAMU t-shirt fans are ubiquitous. 

Oh yeah for sure.   My wife's dad is from ETX, had 3 brothers, and so there are a ton of cousins.  Half of the whole gang went to TAMU, and the other half never went to college but are still die-hard ags.

But to them that's just good bull, folks who went there "in spirit" and still represent the true meaning of aggieland.  

Only t-shirt t-sips are to be ridiculed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Man, that is really grim. They’re trying to manage expectations in uncomfortable ways. Like they’ve been told shit is going to be really ugly. 

I like the line about how Elko has the Ags in really good recruiting position entering the season.  I would like to know what he means by that.  I guess if they lose a couple games early, the position is "If you come here you have a really good chance to start next season."

4 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

I like the line about how Elko has the Ags in really good recruiting position entering the season.  I would like to know what he means by that.  I guess if they lose a couple games early, the position is "If you come here you have a really good chance to start next season."

Here is position Elko has them

image.thumb.jpeg.58d8c9a807fc5bb1c0a698e4228b4d8d.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

That's exactly how I read that. "Do you see how bad our starters suck?" is an interesting position to take on the recruiting trail, but is probably an honest assessment.

And to think, this year, 2024 was the year that they have been pointing out as the year they "would play for all the marbles."

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
marbles

2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

2 hours ago, CHIEF said:

That's exactly how I read that. "Do you see how bad our starters suck?" is an interesting position to take on the recruiting trail, but is probably an honest assessment.

And to think, this year, 2024 was the year that they have been pointing out as the year they "would play for all the marbles."

CHIEF

Yeah, I call this "The Freeze Maneuver" but one could also call it "The Venables Angle" or some such. Freeze basically sold "my current roster sucks" to recruits during the prior cycle to the tune of a top 10 class. He wasn't kidding either, as he has 2 freshmen WRs either starting or playing in the rotation and the WR corps last year was the worst in P4 and one of the worst generally in FBS. Venables was doing the same shit in the cycle before last and I think that closed as a top 10 class too. 

I don't know if Elko will be as effective as those two, but he's not taking a bad approach if he knows his team is going to suck. All of the hallmarks are there for everyone to be "surprised" again by ATM's performance. He's desperately hiding information, the roster is severely overrated, they have injury issues, and what information is leaking is a constant drumming of negative insights and opinions. 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Oh fuck, y'all!!! We might as well forfeit the atm game now so none of our players get hurt from 7000lbs(!!!) of pure muscle! 

Screenshot_20240823-151520_Chrome.jpg

Shit, Sydir Mitchell put on 7000# by himself

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Please, they could get pants by ND in week one, then win their next 4 games against McNeese, Florida, Bowling Green, and Arkansas and the roller coaster would be back on track heading into a big home game against a likely 4-0 top 10 Missouri team.

So we'd get to see the roller coaster crash twice before mid-season? Sounds good to me.

• Like 1