Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Aggies United. I think it’s their equivalent to Texas One. Not sure if texags has their raccoon hands in it. 

ctj already added some context, but when I looked into it a bit earlier this year (see spoilered section below), it seemed like all donations to the collective were going through TexAgs. It now looks like they have their own Stripe account that goes to Texas Aggies United, LLC. Smart. I wonder if all the banned TexAgs posters are able to donate now. 

Spoiler

On 4/24/2024 at 10:30 AM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Wait, I never knew that their collective is run by/through TexAgs, but it's true. That's incredible.

image.png.b38d47842f5193c06b27fb09f3ebdf35.png

And the part about all the people Liucci bans not being able to contribute is hilarious. 

On 4/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Second comment to add this blurb from their FAQ

image.thumb.png.34e74fcd2caa073888ac94120bf868c5.png

The part about TexAgs "providing content production, technology, administrative, marketing, and athlete activation support and services" is still on their website. Personally, I question the value of that support because their store is currently down. 

image.thumb.png.fab33a96c39a1da020de5052fbeb5d8e.png

• Hook 'Em 1

It is simply amazing to me that they think they are the equivalent or better in terms of brand, history, facilities and location.  I go to CS way to often.  aTm is the entire culture of the city wherever you go.  The contrast between environments is stark and has to weigh into the equation.  There are just recruits that are not going to want to live there.  Some kids may not want to be in Austin either, but if I was a recruit and had to choose between where I wanted to spend my next 3-4 years, CS would be near the bottom of college towns I would choose.  I still don't understand any Texas kid choosing to live in Columbus, Ohio, but it happens every year.

Some of them are using the proper logic of Texas just made the playoffs.  We need to win this year.  But that still wont matter for kids that want to play for a high profile blue blood program and live in a town like Austin.

I can't believe I am saying this but Fayetteville is more appealing than College Station.

They just can't fathom that their environment can be off-putting to a lot of the population, and they are the one's creating the creepy environment. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s not officially a Texags joint, but they have their hands in it by “managing the website and tech”.  The word is that they’re skimming a non-trivial double digit percentage of all donations off the top due to “fees”. 

Didn't they try to start something similar to Burnt Ends, but were going to take 15-20% off the top for administration purposes, only for it to go completely no where.

“Retired General Contractor” talking about “making sure your BS detector is always set to 11”? And he is a subscriber to TexAgs? Lmao
Is he the aggy that built the new $60,000,000 Allen football stadium several years ago? 

IMG_3899.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

“Retired General Contractor” talking about “making sure your BS detector is always set to 11”? And he is a subscriber to TexAgs? Lmao
Is he the aggy that built the new $60,000,000 Allen football stadium several years ago? 

IMG_3899.jpeg

Someone revive me, I'm beginning to overdose.

IMG_9823.gif

• Like 2

They think their secondary is better than ours?

Williams was a composite 4+ star

Muhammed was a composite 4+ star

Barron is likely getting drafted in the Top 4 rounds, Mukaba probably joins him with a good season.

Our other CB is likely going to be a guy that has played plenty of college football. Cole or Holmes

The guys behind them

Guilbeau was a compostire 4 star

Filsaime was a composite 5 star

Black was a composite 5 star

Mack was a composite 4+ star

McDonald was a composite 4+ star

Roberson was a composite 4 star

Rubell was a composite 4 star

We are adding a composite 5+ star safety and a 3 star Chester.

We aren't adding shitty over rated portal kids that pooped out at their other schools, and have already failed at aggy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

i had never contemplated ctj's point that not all portal dollars are created equal

if that postulate continues to play out then an 'aggy-premium' coefficient will be identified...

how much extra do they have to pay a kid to play for them DESPITE all of their self-declared assets?

they would better off casting a wide net across the 3A/4A landscape - go for quantity - $100k/year means a hell of a lot more to a family in a small town because if spent locally that's actual economic impact - get the kids who would actually appreciate "belonging" to the cult

On 8/23/2024 at 1:19 PM, closetojumping said:

I don't know if Elko will be as effective as those two, but he's not taking a bad approach if he knows his team is going to suck. All of the hallmarks are there for everyone to be "surprised" again by ATM's performance. He's desperately hiding information, the roster is severely overrated, they have injury issues, and what information is leaking is a constant drumming of negative insights and opinions. 

Someone's going to have to explain to me why a 1st-year coach would want to hide roster issues during the offseason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They think their secondary is better than ours?

Williams was a composite 4+ star

Muhammed was a composite 4+ star

Barron is likely getting drafted in the Top 4 rounds, Mukaba probably joins him with a good season.

Our other CB is likely going to be a guy that has played plenty of college football. Cole or Holmes

The guys behind them

Guilbeau was a compostire 4 star

Filsaime was a composite 5 star

Black was a composite 5 star

Mack was a composite 4+ star

McDonald was a composite 4+ star

Roberson was a composite 4 star

Rubell was a composite 4 star

We are adding a composite 5+ star safety and a 3 star Chester.

We aren't adding shitty over rated portal kids that pooped out at their other schools, and have already failed at aggy.

Chester will move up to 4 star when he signs, FWIW. 

34 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i had never contemplated ctj's point that not all portal dollars are created equal

if that postulate continues to play out then an 'aggy-premium' coefficient will be identified...

how much extra do they have to pay a kid to play for them DESPITE all of their self-declared assets?

they would better off casting a wide net across the 3A/4A landscape - go for quantity - $100k/year means a hell of a lot more to a family in a small town because if spent locally that's actual economic impact - get the kids who would actually appreciate "belonging" to the cult

+++

separate topic

and i'm shurley serious about this.....

this year's studs from south oak cliff and duncanville want to go school where they have unlimited quality ass lining up for the chance to possibly marry (or breed) with a guy that has a shot to go to the league

aggy simply does not have the female talent of any race, this is not about african-american men's preferences

it's a hard fact - the lambo is cool, but every uncle in their life is telling them "TAKE THE SEX - NOW"

Don'tcha know they go there for the facilities, facilities, facilities, stupid sip!

18 hours ago, derp said:

Fake news alert for fast scrollers.

I generated their article on ChatGPT

prompt:

Generate a sports article on how Texas A&M lost out on a football recruit. Make it sound like it was closer than people thing and allude to the author being aware for weeks. Reference to the recruitment not being over just yet.

ChatGPT:

Texas A&M Narrowly Misses Out on Top Football Recruit, but Recruitment Far from Over

In what many anticipated would be a victory for Texas A&M on the recruiting trail, a high-profile recruit has opted to commit elsewhere—at least for now. The decision, which came down to the wire, may have shocked some observers, but those closely monitoring the process knew it was far closer than most people realized.

For weeks, insiders noted Texas A&M’s coaching staff was relentless in their pursuit, forging deep relationships with both the recruit and his family. The Aggies, armed with their SEC pedigree and a clear vision for how the player could fit into their defensive scheme, appeared to be in the driver’s seat as the decision date approached.

Multiple sources confirm the recruit was genuinely torn, weighing the pros and cons of committing to College Station. Texas A&M made a final push, but ultimately fell just short. However, the decision wasn’t one of overwhelming preference for the other program; rather, it was razor-thin, influenced by factors that could easily change in the coming months.

It’s important to note that in today’s recruiting landscape, commitments aren’t as firm as they used to be. Decommitments and flips have become increasingly common, especially with the early signing period still months away. A&M’s staff remains optimistic that the battle isn’t over. Word from sources close to the situation suggests the Aggies aren’t backing down and will continue their pursuit, banking on the relationships they’ve built and the allure of SEC competition to eventually win out.

Recruiting is often a rollercoaster, and this case has plenty of twists left in it. For those keeping a close eye on this saga, it’s clear that Texas A&M still has a strong chance to turn things around before the ink dries on any letters of intent.

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

• Hook 'Em 1

IMG_7848.thumb.jpeg.7b2c0fbe598ae2eb8977f8574980a7c7.jpeg

I’m always entertained by this…they create rumors and then cite them, talk about how “rumor has it” and “rumors being floated,” etc. Eventually they are adopted as unquestioned fact.

To wit: 

IMG_7849.thumb.jpeg.64766c7afc7db562a0d8ecfd49520d38.jpeg

So, in other words, “I am making this up completely, but here are somewhat specific estimates of what these guys have been paid…” Rumor officially floated!

Happy If You Say So GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

+++

separate topic

and i'm shurley serious about this.....

this year's studs from south oak cliff and duncanville want to go school where they have unlimited quality ass lining up for the chance to possibly marry (or breed) with a guy that has a shot to go to the league

aggy simply does not have the female talent of any race, this is not about african-american men's preferences

it's a hard fact - the lambo is cool, but every uncle in their life is telling them "TAKE THE SEX - NOW"

Schloss said recruiting black players was harder due to their racism (cant find that quote for the life of me though)

It is pure mercenary work at the highest premiums, once they are ready to move on to the NFL they transfer out and take Football seriously (see Evan Stewart)

47 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

IMG_7848.thumb.jpeg.7b2c0fbe598ae2eb8977f8574980a7c7.jpeg

I’m always entertained by this…they create rumors and then cite them, talk about how “rumor has it” and “rumors being floated,” etc. Eventually they are adopted as unquestioned fact.

To wit: 

IMG_7849.thumb.jpeg.64766c7afc7db562a0d8ecfd49520d38.jpeg

So, in other words, “I am making this up completely, but here are somewhat specific estimates of what these guys have been paid…” Rumor officially floated!

Happy If You Say So GIF

Yeah, no shit. Dumb fuck. He admittedly said NIL would be a factor, but school and success were the main driving factors. Their stupidity knows no bounds 

6 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

"I don't trust the kid when he says his top 3 were tu, USC, and LSU. I trust our mods who say it was between us and tu and they obviously only won out because they paid him $2M/yr to go there! Those goldurn sorry dirty sips!"

This right here 

• Haha 2

Ah, yes. Bryce Anderson. I didn't realize he played every safety position on the field? I'm sure Jonah saw superman and said I can't compete with that. 

"But he didn't take an official visit!!!!" - The end all, be all. 

As for baseball, I'm sure Early told him he can't do both, because that's what a great coach does!

"He's a draft risk more than Connor was" - Didn't get the memo he graduates in December and won't be eligible for the draft for 3 years

And Tauren York lol. An undersized, slow middling LB. He just scares potential recruits to death. It's why Ant Hill dipped out because he saw York and knew he would be sitting on the pine for at least 3 years. 

We've been getting our teeth kicked in recruiting with top 5 classes 4 years in a row. That's certainly something. 

We need Daddy98 to comment just to make sure everything is OK. 

Remember, kids. Always trust the numbers posted on social media, especially on X. No no makes up numbers when their team misses on a player. It's all true. Facts checked. From the horses mouth. 

7 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

"I don't trust the kid when he says his top 3 were tu, USC, and LSU. I trust our mods who say it was between us and tu and they obviously only won out because they paid him $2M/yr to go there! Those goldurn sorry dirty sips!"

1 hour ago, Hammerhead said:

This right here 

clark-1357384385.jpg

Edited by Darth Tron
  • Haha 1

According to those dweebs they said California has more talent than Texas, and they should raid the state. 

Like, OK. I'm sure many high school kids are dying to go to aggy. Go "raid" the state, nerds. 

Never mind Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, Washington, Michigan and many others also raid the state, but I'm sure your connection to Longstreet because his brother is a walk-on will work out juuuust fine. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Ah, yes. Bryce Anderson. I didn't realize he played every safety position on the field? I'm sure Jonah saw superman and said I can't compete with that. 

"But he didn't take an official visit!!!!" - The end all, be all. 

As for baseball, I'm sure Early told him he can't do both, because that's what a great coach does!

"He's a draft risk more than Connor was" - Didn't get the memo he graduates in December and won't be eligible for the draft for 3 years

And Tauren York lol. An undersized, slow middling LB. He just scares potential recruits to death. It's why Ant Hill dipped out because he saw York and knew he would be sitting on the pine for at least 3 years. 

We've been getting our teeth kicked in recruiting with top 5 classes 4 years in a row. That's certainly something. 

We need Daddy98 to comment just to make sure everything is OK. 

Remember, kids. Always trust the numbers posted on social media, especially on X. No no makes up numbers when their team misses on a player. It's all true. Facts checked. From the horses mouth. 

My personal favorite. “If he gets another couple hundred thousand to go to ANOTHER ELITE PROGRAM…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I’m convinced daddy98 is either a troll or special needs. There is no way an honest to god homo sapien in the year of our lord 2024 with all their mental faculties, thinks, much less writes, in the manner he does.

He is just your run of the mill, dyed in the wool diploma mill aggie. That dumbass actually posted his real life profile once, replete with the info of having a real job as an insurance salesman in Katy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He is just your run of the mill, dyed in the wool diploma mill aggie. That dumbass actually posted his real life profile once, replete with the info of having a real job as an insurance salesman in Katy. 

200.gif?cid=790b7611kyuocepocc40p3htpyiu

This thread is really the gift that keeps on giving.  

Their posts just continually get dumber and dumber.  It's uncanny.

Edited by Tylerocks

18 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

WHEN'S THE LAST TIME ANDY REID GOT HIMSELF A TOP 5 RECRUITING CLASS, BRAAWWNN?!

That made me laugh. I like him comparing andy reid, who (checks notes) has been the head coach in 11 NFC/AFC championship games and 5 super bowls, with that fat fuck elko. Mind bottling.