Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Yes - but after a day of work and trying to drink a couple of beers before my wife can start “her counting” of actual beer drank*, I’m at a loss of complete paragraphs within

one single post. Thank you and I digress.

Hook’em!!!

*”drunk”… the past participle acting as a modifier is what is called for here. Perhaps you have had one too many, but it is okay to use the word “drunk”.

Frequently people feel that “drunk” only means “wasted”, but it’s just the past participle.

(Drink/ drank/ drunk)

(present/ past/ past participle)

You just shortened “the beer that has been drunk.”

present perfect form 👍

🍻

Edited by Napoleon

Am I the only one that is getting really tired of hearing about how aggy is the 7th most talented team in the country with no context provided? Yes they are loaded on the DL but they are thin everywhere else,  their QB is a bigger question mark due to his injury history than anyone wants to admit. They have bad corners. Wide receivers that aren't game breakers. Bad offensive line.  Slow but at least they are instinctive LB's I guess. Running game that will flash but could be very inconsistent.  TE room is good on paper. Safety is one man show and he's good. 

It's like Lucci is buddies with all the Pate's,  T Bob's, and others just spouting what he tells them. 

I'm hoping for a ND win but the whole first game thing and being in cs can impact all of that. I can see Denbrock going with quick passing,  pocket movement,  and screens to avoid the DL pressure and if they can miss a tackle or three they might be able to win with the passing game. These wides are better than the usual group they trot out there. Noise can fuck it all up though. Ags will look very Kleinish on offense and we've seen that for a while now and know what that looks like. I don't see them running Weigman. Probably edict from the Elk but they will with the backups to try to recreate the Howard/Avery thing. Some really creative plays and some real head scratchers. What will be interesting to see is if Weigman has an open running lane if he goes hard or stays put. 

ND defense is not getting enough credit here. They should work that aggy line. 

I'm going with a 21 to 13 ND win. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Am I the only one that is getting really tired of hearing about how aggy is the 7th most talented team in the country with no context provided?

Probably. A good rollercoaster ride involves being pulled to great heights at the beginning. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Can you dipshits shut the fuck up about your drinking problems, near beer, and everything else related to those subjects that no one else gives two shits about?

There is a place for that, but it is not on this thread. With all due respect.

cheers 🍻

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

It's like Lucci is buddies with all the Pate's,  T Bob's, and others just spouting what he tells them. 

https://www.hamilton.edu/academics/centers/writing/seven-sins-of-writing/4#:~:text=The possessive is formed in plural nouns by adding “-',do end in “s.”&text=The apostrophe%2C or the “-,a possessive ending is added.

Spoiler

Marking Possession with Apostrophes

Purpose of the Apostrophe

Apostrophes mark two things in writing: possession — whether the written noun has ownership over the following noun — and omitted letters in contractions, where two words are combined to make one.

Possession indicates that the noun being modified has some form of ownership or relationship with the noun that follows it.

• Example: Amina’s jacket: the jacket that belongs to Amina
Singular Possessive

The possessive is formed in singular nouns by adding “-’s” to the end of the word, regardless of whether it ends in an “s” or not.

Examples: The Little Pub’s sign; Matías’s basketball

Plural Possessive

The possessive is formed in plural nouns by adding “-’s” to the end of words that do not end in “s” and an apostrophe to the end of words that do end in “s.” 

• Examples: The children’s toys; The students’ books

The apostrophe, or the “-’s” ending, never indicates that the word is plural. The word will always be marked as plural before a possessive ending is added.

Possessive Pronouns

Possessive pronouns, such as yours, hers, its, and ours, take no apostrophe.

• Example: The decision is yours.
Indefinite Pronouns

Indefinite pronouns, such as anyone, everybody, no one, and somebody, refer to nonspecific persons and use the singular possessive form.

• Example: Somebody’s dog was in our classroom yesterday.

Using Apostrophes in Contractions

Contractions appear frequently in speech, but in writing they require modifications to spelling to mimic their pronunciation. Consonant sounds are often omitted to make it easier to pronounce a contraction as one word; they are replaced in writing with an apostrophe to mark the missing letter. Contractions are sometimes considered too informal to use in academic writing, and you may want to write out the words forming the contraction separately instead.

• Examples: do not = don’t; can not = can’t; should not = shouldn’t; will not = won’t
It’s vs. Its: It’s tricky!

It’s: This is the contraction of “it is” or "it has" and is never used to mark the possessive. 

Its: This is the possessive of “it” and, unlike other possessives, does not use an apostrophe.

• Example: I got a new car, but it’s hard to tell whether its paint is blue or green.

• Hook 'Em 1

Am I the only one that is getting really tired of hearing about how aggy is the 7th most talented team in the country with no context provided? Yes they are loaded on the DL but they are thin everywhere else,  their QB is a bigger question mark due to his injury history than anyone wants to admit. They have bad corners. Wide receivers that aren't game breakers. Bad offensive line.  Slow but at least they are instinctive LB's I guess. Running game that will flash but could be very inconsistent.  TE room is good on paper. Safety is one man show and he's good. 

I'm hoping for a ND win but the whole first game thing and being in cs can impact all of that. I can see Denbrock going with quick passing,  pocket movement,  and screens to avoid the DL pressure and if they can miss a tackle or three they might be able to win with the passing game. These wides are better than the usual group they trot out there. Noise can fuck it all up though. Ags will look very Kleinish on offense and we've seen that for a while now and know what that looks like. I don't see them running Weigman. Probably edict from the Elk but they will with the backups to try to recreate the Howard/Avery thing. Some really creative plays and some real head scratchers. What will be interesting to see is if Weigman has an open running lane if he goes hard or stays put. 

ND defense is not getting enough credit here. They should work that aggy line. 

I'm going with a 21 to 13 ND win. 

Rememberhow texags aggy reacted to Charlie Strong beating Notre Dame in 2016?

The good news is that it matters not one bit.

This isn't 2008 where the media loving OU mattered.   Thank god.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

https://www.hamilton.edu/academics/centers/writing/seven-sins-of-writing/4#:~:text=The possessive is formed in plural nouns by adding “-',do end in “s.”&text=The apostrophe%2C or the “-,a possessive ending is added.

Hide contents

Marking Possession with Apostrophes

Purpose of the Apostrophe

Apostrophes mark two things in writing: possession — whether the written noun has ownership over the following noun — and omitted letters in contractions, where two words are combined to make one.

Possession indicates that the noun being modified has some form of ownership or relationship with the noun that follows it.

• Example: Amina’s jacket: the jacket that belongs to Amina
Singular Possessive

The possessive is formed in singular nouns by adding “-’s” to the end of the word, regardless of whether it ends in an “s” or not.

Examples: The Little Pub’s sign; Matías’s basketball

Plural Possessive

The possessive is formed in plural nouns by adding “-’s” to the end of words that do not end in “s” and an apostrophe to the end of words that do end in “s.” 

• Examples: The children’s toys; The students’ books

The apostrophe, or the “-’s” ending, never indicates that the word is plural. The word will always be marked as plural before a possessive ending is added.

Possessive Pronouns

Possessive pronouns, such as yours, hers, its, and ours, take no apostrophe.

• Example: The decision is yours.
Indefinite Pronouns

Indefinite pronouns, such as anyone, everybody, no one, and somebody, refer to nonspecific persons and use the singular possessive form.

• Example: Somebody’s dog was in our classroom yesterday.

Using Apostrophes in Contractions

Contractions appear frequently in speech, but in writing they require modifications to spelling to mimic their pronunciation. Consonant sounds are often omitted to make it easier to pronounce a contraction as one word; they are replaced in writing with an apostrophe to mark the missing letter. Contractions are sometimes considered too informal to use in academic writing, and you may want to write out the words forming the contraction separately instead.

• Examples: do not = don’t; can not = can’t; should not = shouldn’t; will not = won’t
It’s vs. Its: It’s tricky!

It’s: This is the contraction of “it is” or "it has" and is never used to mark the possessive. 

Its: This is the possessive of “it” and, unlike other possessives, does not use an apostrophe.

• Example: I got a new car, but it’s hard to tell whether its paint is blue or green.

I no speak English. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Their season ad just dropped - hit the "loyalty" over the baseball highlights because they're fucking cheesedicks

Over half the aggy corps doesn’t stand and deliver when it comes to all four years of commitment.

16 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-08-28-16-26-08-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-28-16-26-39-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-28-16-26-50-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-28-16-27-04-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-28-16-27-17-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-28-16-27-34-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Dipshits. Our offense struggled when Quinn got hurt against UH.  He was not healthy until Tech, the last game of the regular season.  Our offense was lethal when Quinn was healthy.  The delta between Ewers and Murphy was massive.  The delta between Ewers and RS Sophomore Manning isn't.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Over half the aggy corps doesn’t stand and deliver when it comes to all four years of commitment.

One half stands and delivers. The other half bends over and takes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Dipshits. Our offense struggled when Quinn got hurt against UH.  He was not healthy until Tech, the last game of the regular season.  Our offense was lethal when Quinn was healthy.  The delta between Ewers and Murphy was massive.  The delta between Ewers and RS Sophomore Manning isn't.

And as for Wyoming, they were a 9-4 team that defeated Appalachian State,then won their bowl game.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Am I the only one that is getting really tired of hearing about how aggy is the 7th most talented team in the country with no context provided?

I love it. That rollercoaster isn't going to clickety clack it's way to the top all by itself. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Integrity: like cold fusion professor or harassing the dug out of the Florida gators over the death of a batboy

Respect: like throwing horse shit on an opponent and pulling swords on a cheerleader

Loyalty: like committing to the B12 and then running away

Service: like pretending to be in the military or hiring ex-military to try to associate their service with your school

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Integrity: like cold fusion professor or harassing the dug out of the Florida gators over the death of a batboy

Respect: like throwing horse shit on an opponent and pulling swords on a cheerleader

Loyalty: like committing to the B12 and then running away

Service: like pretending to be in the military or hiring ex-military to try to associate their service with your school

91xgnsdkx9L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

And as for Wyoming, they were a 9-4 team that defeated Appalachian State,then won their bowl game.

It was also the week after Alabama. If you happened to look what Alabama did in their game after Texas, you can see what playing a real OOC game can do to a team. 

They are 1-2 in their last true P4 OOC road games losing by a combined score of 79-53.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

If you happened to look what Alabama did in their game after Texas, you can see what playing a real OOC game can do to a team. 

To be fair, that Alabama team had never experienced what Texas did to them at home and the following week they tried out Simpson and Buechner (one of which gave up football entirely) instead of Milroe. And, like us, they still won. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

To be fair, that Alabama team had never experienced what Texas did to them at home and the following week they tried out Simpson and Buechner (one of which gave up football entirely) instead of Milroe. And, like us, they still won. 

I was about to say, but South Florida. However, South Florida had a pretty good year including a 45-0 win in their bowl game over Syracuase.

image.png.e06fde5d8bfcf5e96f07fe5d467292c8.png

spacer.png

image.png.69d9f3a41196cd0de78813ba9c16027f.png

And that says all I need to know about you.

image.png.a19c927ca4e5dc39e38b74b88c7fa6a9.png

Imagine how difficult this would be if recruiting and on-field performance were related!

image.png.546b364e4b900f8c362d4e5e5ee71643.png

image.png.23067cb366abc532d6b820e8a157bf72.png

image.png.120cb52d37b6c25b547e912f51f38d29.png

image.png.d4bf54be7a43d04b88008fde2c8c974d.png

May the river of genius always flow on TexAgs!

Makin' hay while that ol' sun shines:

image.png.b5680b06e2ceca5adc0e54933b89a3e7.png

image.png.32b8eee91ffd57deb3257138457f1e7c.png

image.png.017275544988177e20b42e393d3299e2.png

image.png.05f6f97afae693f506de81061c6c7e72.png

image.png.03d5797a886131ab9165df22517fabe4.png (not anymore. Texas passed you.)

Whew! I thought they'd forgotten:

image.png.bc6fa6f682932b5a9c2856ebc731b4ae.png

image.png.a18d9df481517d0125a5c294bbc582ee.png

Don't forget the near 90 years before this!

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Can you dipshits shut the fuck up about your drinking problems, near beer, and everything else related to those subjects that no one else gives two shits about?

There is a place for that, but it is not on this thread. With all due respect.

Sorry for partying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1