Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

Posted (edited)

I do like being back from vacation at least for this:

image.png.1a090e66a550c41ec0afb32368135cc0.png

What player doesn't worry about traffic, vagrancy rates, and good schools for their kids?

image.png.4d638420728f2864a8ab43b7b0b4e9e1.png

Ummmm:

image.png.c707a9e01930a816ab76ceac2713241f.png

Singular muscular men writing to impress!

image.png.194bc94f8475b9c7d807accc4c32a14b.png

image.png.bdfadad672f996a0940e10fd77589c80.png

Inside every Longhorn recruit is an Aggie trying to bust his way out.

image.png.5bbcb16a0ca26bd4d504f3c3d8f66b4e.png

image.png.6cdf3a4fb401f3ab0495aa95b3b1834f.png

And the facilities!

image.png.9eae7d79a82f6f6bdc19696d6f3f09d0.png

image.png.4f35584ae4321cf11479f5d083c91258.png image.png.7c5c930c9c2ea7000d9e2ba932a8d9c0.pngimage.png.a9695839dceef9ac9c7841cd56a89f4a.png

Why, indeed?

Man with buddy close to tu athletic dept.:

image.png.cbd88f2c744eddb4cfe396f52dab7e28.png

image.png.9465f8c497dd1cc6614e890edc811a12.png

image.png.67aa1b8f3dd3dec582889137a23bcd8c.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roller Coaster Love GIF by Fleischer Studios

Screenshot_20240829_114541_Chrome.jpg

Isn't it just adorable (or as adorable as a mindlessly belligerent rodent gets) how they refer to THE STATION. Like it's some unfathomably happening VIBE capitol instead of a rancid slide of redneck nothing burger, which it most assuredly is.

The fucking Station has never, ever been buzzing. Except maybe with flies.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tired Horn said:

Isn't it just adorable (or as adorable as a mindlessly belligerent rodent gets) how they refer to THE STATION. Like it's some unfathomably happening VIBE capitol instead of a rancid slide of redneck nothing burger, which it most assuredly is.

But it has been lit

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tired Horn said:

Should be referred to as 

the Comfort Station

It’s worth noting, as I’ve seen it in a few spots now in various Aggie posts. They’re still talking about their facilities upgrade and having the best facilities in the nation…my guys your facilities went in what, 10-12 years ago? I’m not saying they’re dated, or even shitty, but other schools have been building mega facilities for a decade since theirs were installed. They’re probably around 10-12 in the country at this point. And yet those knobs are sitting there thinking about how they shouldn’t have to put up with _____ because they have the gosh darned best facilities n the country*

classic Aggie. Living on past glory that wasn’t even a real championship of any kind and being indignant about their current failure. 

*In 2014

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Two nights ago, I got into a discussion at a bar in Odessa. He was actually a UT fan, but thinks College Station is absolutely awesome to go party. Even more so than Austin. It’s all perspective. When you grow up in a field, I can see why a bigger field with a couple bars on it would look pretty sweet.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Two nights ago, I got into a discussion at a bar in Odessa. He was actually a UT fan, but thinks College Station is absolutely awesome to go party. Even more so than Austin. It’s all perspective. When you grow up in a field, I can see why a bigger field with a couple bars on it would look pretty sweet.

When you grow up in a field it’s no wonder one parties with dirt.

Joe Dirt 2 Fan GIF

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

He's wrong and should become a Tech fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I like small towns. And I think College Station is as dull a place as I have ever been.I have never had a good time there. Even after a Horns win, I leave CS regretting the trip.

I guess if you like hanging around goobers, it’s Mecca. 

• Hook 'Em 2

There are plenty of smaller college towns that have personality and/or redeeming qualities that make them fun to visit and check out. Especially with the background of a cfb game going on, it can be a badass experience. 

BCS has none of that. It’s not a fun place to visit. There is nothing to do, the food is garbage, and there are weirdos everywhere smelling their fingers and squeezing their nuts like cultists. 

I question your cognitive function if you find college station appealing in any form or fashion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s worth noting, as I’ve seen it in a few spots now in various Aggie posts. They’re still talking about their facilities upgrade and having the best facilities in the nation…

The have the best trophy case in the world. Tons of room for trophies, any trophies.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I like small towns. And I think College Station is as dull a place as I have ever been.I have never had a good time there. Even after a Horns win, I leave CS regretting the trip.

Yeah, but small towns can have charm. A giant strip mall with some Soviet architecture, not so much. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

The have the best trophy case in the world. Tons of room for trophies, any trophies.

They paid top dollar for some high quality furniture to house those trophies-- we're talking Honduran mahogany with Waterford crystal and shit-- and they'll be damned before they mess up the aesthetic by cluttering it with actual trophies.

Edited by utee94
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s worth noting, as I’ve seen it in a few spots now in various Aggie posts. They’re still talking about their facilities upgrade and having the best facilities in the nation…my guys your facilities went in what, 10-12 years ago? I’m not saying they’re dated, or even shitty, but other schools have been building mega facilities for a decade since theirs were installed. They’re probably around 10-12 in the country at this point. And yet those knobs are sitting there thinking about how they shouldn’t have to put up with _____ because they have the gosh darned best facilities n the country*

classic Aggie. Living on past glory that wasn’t even a real championship of any kind and being indignant about their current failure. 

*In 2014

Glory Hole GIF by FILMRISE

Posted (edited)

image.png.5dec9f946ea7779684573522ba181249.png

Fresh. Original. Heeeere we go.

image.png.a87553b7c20aa50b09ab7ce42314f1ed.png Ain't nobody got time for this.

Here's a succinct review of the whole giant-bear-wolf thing that's in the proverbs.

image.png.934c5567794d9845eaaa80bf07131bf9.png

1 Sleepy giant. Got it!  Beneath the sewagy soil of College Station lives the legend of a giant!

2 Or a hungry bear,

3 Ravenous, grizzly, and just leaving the Ramada Inn College Station way after check-out time.

? But this terrifying imagery is actually welcome! Classic Olin reversal! The terrifying grizzly is of course preferred to the mystified wolf that just wandered on to the scene. 

image.png.1cdc8b599acbbe5c4d1da8f234371cf3.png

There ya go. Ol' Olin's grasp of how many times the Ags have started seasons ranked high is a little off, but their aspirations are ever high, so you're good there, my friend. Now bring the whole wolf thing home, hallowed scribe! 

They cry, "wolf." Brilliant and apt!   The sleeping giant bear is scary and obviously a real thing in the your heads. But, fear the wolf because you're like the little boy who made up a threat then was devoured by the real thing? 

spacer.png

image.png.ecd6f1312039824f11e182e5f51117e8.png

Of course, that watershed victory over Alabama in 2012 when Mr. Johnny Football himself seized that victory and changed A&M's trajectory forever! Bravo, O-Man!

image.png.3d4d6a371b315dbdc04c031406d3564a.png

Oh. Guess the trajectory has been maddeningly consistent, after all. Sad.

image.png.2b8e2098464bbb9cee97ae7e311b828c.png

One, those guys are all out of eligibility. Two, all but Rudy are dead. Three, Rudy was a lovable scrub not Paul Hornung (dead) or Joe Montana (he'd still kick your ass if he was eligible).

At least Handsome Mike Elko confirms Olin's point about the importance of this game:

image.png.b587fcd048b833e443fd44ebaa51bd9e.png

image.png.f0ca1f53c56b5ab8c8b75a9c01f0820e.pngFUCK! Not again!

Fret not Olin, Mikey has been infected by your genius for reversal!

image.png.4b3b2e3405e035ff649d43e5ed370689.png

Interesting distinction there, Coach Elk.

image.png.f0ca1f53c56b5ab8c8b75a9c01f0820e.pngWhew!

Olin, tell us where this victory will place this newly awakened hungry giant grizzly bear! A&M will take it's rightful place in the world of college blue bloods!

image.png.bed8a451925b6aa970f71a21afc7960a.png

Heres a clip from Olin's game analysis:

image.png.af18ec6a0c7ec5eb8125279325b4a750.png

These aspects would surely give the giant that needed nudge.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

*In 2014

I think at this point in the NIL era, allocating dollars to players instead of buildings is more beneficial. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

I think at this point in the NIL era, allocating dollars to players instead of buildings is more beneficial. 

Absolutely.  Which is why it's so funny watching those rubes stay stuck in the paradigm from a decade ago.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Here's a succinct review of the whole giant-bear-wolf thing that's in the proverbs.

1 Sleepy giant. Got it!  Beneath the sewagy soil of College Station lives the legend of a giant!

2 Or a hungry bear,

3 Ravenous, grizzly, and just leaving the Ramada Inn College Station way after check-out time.

? But this terrifying imagery is actually welcome! Classic Olin reversal! The terrifying grizzly is of course preferred to the mystified wolf that just wandered on to the scene. 

There ya go. Ol' Olin's grasp of how many times the Ags have started seasons ranked high is a little off, but their aspirations are ever high, so you're good there, my friend. Now bring the whole wolf thing home, hallowed scribe! 

They cry, "wolf." Brilliant and apt!   The sleeping giant bear is scary and obviously a real thing in the your heads. But, fear the wolf because you're like the little boy who made up a threat then was devoured by the real thing? 

spacer.png

Of course, that watershed victory over Alabama in 2012 when Mr. Johnny Football himself seized that victory and changed A&M's trajectory forever! Bravo, O-Man!

One, those guys are all out of eligibility. Two, all but Rudy are dead. Three, Rudy was a lovable scrub not Paul Hornung (dead) or Joe Montana (he'd still kick your ass if he was eligible).

At least Handsome Mike Elko confirms Olin's point about the importance of this game:

Olin, tell us where this victory will place this newly awakened hungry giant grizzly bear! A&M will take it's rightful place in the world of college blue bloods!

I'm reading this with music from Peter and the Wolf playing in the background.

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It's too big to have any small town charm. Nothing but strip malls, chain restaurants, and non-descript brick containers that people call homes. It's like someone looked at all these bland, master-planned exurbs cropping around Houston and thought "I want that, but a school." And conversely, it's not big enough to be interesting. Other than the school, there isn't shit going on and the school only appeals to Aggies. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

It's too big to have any small town charm. Nothing but strip malls, chain restaurants, and non-descript brick containers that people call homes. It's like someone looked at all these bland, master-planned exurbs cropping around Houston and thought "I want that, but a school." And conversely, it's not big enough to be interesting. Other than the school, there isn't shit going on and the school only appeals to Aggies. 

I couldn't agree more. It reminds me of Allen or something. And no offense to Allen, but it's not a college town. Maybe in 1,000 years when our planet looks like Coruscant, CS will be a fun place.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

New Braunfels and College station are roughly the same size. New Braunfels actually feels like a small town where as College Station feels like a generic suburb of a metroplex but in the middle of no where.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

2 Or a hungry bear,

spacer.png

Let me guess, they are "Oozing" championship mentality.

https://texags.com/s/40927/aggies-ooze-confidence-and-championship-mentality-ahead-of-2021-season

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

TAMU’s football Jesus disagrees with him. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3331334/Johnny-Manziel-spotted-Austin-club-Cleveland-Browns-bye-week.html

47d306e7fbb257a1b477e75850385cd6_md.jpg

https://www.tmz.com/2014/07/07/johnny-manziel-moonlighting-as-a-bartender-in-austin/

Br775j5CYAAH3Hb?format=jpg&name=small

1871bcad817d5a82be1bf1d52e216ed0_xl.jpg

Edited by nnm

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Speak for yourself their new lazy river will attract what people say are the best recruits.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, nnm said:

Obviously that's a long time ago, but from the headline, it was taken during a bye week...and there's a picture of him rolling up a dollar bill in the bathroom. Hilarious.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Depends on the donor...I feel like most big big money donors would be more apt to donating to facilities than a college player. 

That isn't responsive to the point I was making.  I am talking about what recruits would prefer receiving, not what donors would prefer donating.  Most recruits would prefer to have more money in their pocket than nicer facilities.