Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

They freaking hired an assistant one year removed from being an unpaid grad assistant and one week removed from wearing a tu jersey. TAMU baseball is going to be turrrrble. 

Man, this thread is addictive. Aggie tears are so satisfying. 

And it was all so predictable. New coach, lost tons of good talent and replaced it with bread, and hired a S&C coach “off the couch” (as one of the Aggies put it above).  The only thing that wasn’t predictable is how utterly terrible Weigman was. That was historically bad. 

And will Liucci’s ministry of truth take any heat at all after the offending threads are deleted?  Hell no, onward and upward, get that coaster back on the track with the patsy next week and they’re just one year away. 

A few Aggies took the red pill and figured it out this morning.

reasons-youre-not-losing-weight.gif

But most will live in their blue pill alternate reality in which TAMU is knocking on the door, no Aggie lies, cheats, or steals, tu is terrible and evil, and everything Liucci tells them is true. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Aggy has UF penciled in as a W… When their program hasn’t won a true road game in what? Two seasons?

I’m also 100% confident Petrino devoted most of his off-season to making A&M’s life a living nightmare at Jerryworld, so Arky won’t be a gimme either.

• Hook 'Em 3

TexAgs Radio is silent from what I’ve seen. I believe Looch usually tapes his podcast on Sunday night. So we’ll see. 

I expect him to hammer on the “dropped” interception for at least 30 minutes. “If he catches that and takes it back like he should, it’s a different ballgame and A&M wins.” Focus on 1 play that could turn the game, throw the player under the bus, well if we play defense like that against the rest of our schedule, we’re probably fighting for a playoff birth. Watch, rinse, and repeat, that’ll be $19.95. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nnm said:

And will Liucci’s ministry of truth take any heat at all after the offending threads are deleted?  Hell no, onward and upward, get that coaster back on the track with the patsy next week and they’re just one year away. 

Why would they? They’re not allowed to report anything about practice or share anything that they have heard. Loochie has even told the morons that he knows a lot he can’t tell. Anyone who pays him money has no one to blame but himself for knowingly paying for nothing.

Texags has become like Seinfeld: a site about nothing. Except everyone who works at Texags still recruits for their team. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

IMG_0099.thumb.jpeg.e6e4a3e95c36cb25a7b7aeca996fca6d.jpeg

I wrote a post about this type of behavior not long ago.

1.  It's not about the money for Arch.  This is has been stated over and over.

2. It's about development at the position.  A&M has a shitty track record at this.

3. Weigman was being touted by everyone in your program and by your pundits as a Heisman candidate.  Did someone go rogue and try to recruit Arch for this year or next?

4. Your o-line is certified ass.  Do you think the Manning's are dumb enough to put Arch behind it and not expect him to get killed?

5. Your skill position groups suck dick.  Who would he throw to?

6. You OC's scheme blows ass.  QB power runs with one of the better, young arms in college football?  Sure.

7. Your coach is in his first year at your program and has a limited track record of what you could call some success at middling program.  Oh and his focus is on the defense.

EDIT: 8.  Your BMD had it arranged but didn't pay for it?  How does that make him a BMD?  Who is we?  Is Arch going to lay 90 on you in college station this year because you offered him $3mm and didn't pony up?  Klein said no to having Arch Manning?  

This guy is so full of shit it's amazing.  Watching their fanbase wish-cast and outright lie like this is absolutely fascinating in some sense. 

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

So I watched the game with some extra attention on Taurean York. He reminds me of Jerrin Thompson. Smart and will be in the right spots but really physically limited. He'll look good on a bad defense because there are bigger issues elsewhere, but he'll eventually be a liability that can be targeted. 

In addition to getting juked pretty badly on the long Notre Dame TD run, he got pancaked by a WR on this play. That's a big yikes for a MLB. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-56-37-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-56-47-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-56-50-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-56-55-75_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-56-59-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-57-03-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-57-09-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-01-11-57-17-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

They continue to miss the point. You can't just be about money, it takes money, development, elite coaching, and program prestige to be successful today. aggy maybe has money, but their AD consistently runs a deficit, and none of the rest.

I don't have time to read all that stuff, but while scrolling, I saw two gold quotes.

"Elko has proven to be a program builder. Give him time." - YES, one whole year at Duke. bawaaaaaa.

"Burn it all down." - It is impossible to burn something down that was already just burned down. There's nothing but ashes left as it is. bawaaaa.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Elko is now 11-10 against P5 teams as a HC. 

This is their savior. 

It’s actually amazing how fucking stupid they are. They had Mark Stoops signed sealed and delivered. A relative of a guy who understood what beating Texas means, and Bob would happily help him game plan for us. Mark Stoops has been coaching in the southeast and southwest for the last 24 years. He knows the lay of the land down here. He turned Kentucky into a solid program. 

So what do they do? Demand he not be their coach and hire a guy who had some responsibility for the dumpster fire he has now inherited. He went to Penn and coached at Bowling Green, Wake Forest and Notre Dame. No Texas ties besides the massive fuck up he and Jimbo created. Never really recruited the south east or west. I think he understands the Texas game is huge, but I’m not sure he would realize like Stoops this is life or death for them. It’s literally all they have. Just praying to god they beat Texas or better yet, keep it within 2-3 scores and claim moral victory and wait till next year. 

It shouldn’t surprise me at this point that they’re this fucking stupid, but here we are. 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

When it was easy??????

Was my immediate reaction as well. It’s easier to get in now than it ever has been before. 

also lol at the idiot who said GA and other schools are empty at halftime because of blowout wins. As a fan with season tickets, the best fucking games are blowout wins and staying for the Eyes. I’m sure actual winning programs are similar, they just wouldn’t know. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Holy shit, they think Arch was leaving for aggy and Elko if not for the OC hire.

ND is not a really good team, they play a shitty schedule and will likely make into the playoffs and get boatraced in the 1st round.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, they think Arch was leaving for aggy and Elko if not for the OC hire.

My favorite is that they all universally said he was a 3 star overrated hack who played against shit private school competition, and now some BMD wanted to pay him 3 million to come to aTm. 

as usual those twats want it both ways. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also having "your stoner QB be awestruck by a magic trick" entering aggie lore is wild, they really are that meme of Iraqi information minister Liucci. I follow them as close as anyone can without giving them cent and that was never in my Bingo card, it would take me centuries to dream that up.

• Hook 'Em 1