Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Are you under the impression that aggy are familiar with what a person with black friends sounds like? 

They are confused. They see him and think "one of us", then hear him and go get their robes from the dry cleaners.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/1/2024 at 12:39 PM, Beau Vine said:

image.png.643888908236b415c9bd88373a12fbd3.png

It would probably be too much to expect aggie to have any grasp of history—after all history for that bunch is remembering all of their stupid traditions.

But when it comes to dogs and minorities, there is a long legacy of "dog squads" being used by police forces in a vicious manner. They were pretty notorious during the apartheid era of South Africa, in which there were special units with dogs trained to attack black people. The tradition continued well after the apartheid era ended. For example:

image.png.db13462bb2c664c00bd4709cb54b3b50.png

• Rage+1 4

10 minutes ago, linux said:

So Nabou is out for the season, they are down to their last center in Faaiu. After him they have TJ Shanahan.

Bryce Foster is rested and ready...at Kansas.  I thought he was staying at aggy to go pro in something other than sports?  Apparently not.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Bryce Foster is rested and ready...at Kansas.  I thought he was staying at aggy to go pro in something other than sports?  Apparently not.

My mind went completely blank and forgot about that, JFC aggie the jokes just write themselves.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t get the mockery of the take that Weigman came across as a fucking idiot on that Gameday segment. I watched it at the time and thought two things:

1) That is one dumb motherfucker. 

2) I’m glad he’s playing for atm. 

I’m raising GenZers and have been dealing with them in the workforce. Many of them can sound like this, and they sound like fucking idiots too. 

I know some of the aggie idiots are making way too much out of it, but if a Texas QB was filmed talking and behaving that way, my thoughts wouldn’t be any different. “Complete an actual sentence, you dumb fucking imbecile.”

Sure, he came across as an idiot, but my point was about the setting. I didn’t see it live and a bunch of posters were calling it just a game day segment (one said a “live performance”) so I thought it was a sit down interview or something. Then I watched it and it’s him reacting to a magic trick. Hardly a moment where I’d expect someone to be ‘on’ in a PR sense. 

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

It would probably be too much to expect aggie to have any grasp of history—after all history for that bunch is remembering all of their stupid traditions.

But when it comes to dogs and minorities, there is a long legacy of "dog squads" being used by police forces in a vicious manner. They were pretty notorious during the apartheid era of South Africa, in which there were special units with dogs trained to attack black people. The tradition continued well after the apartheid era ended. For example:

image.png.db13462bb2c664c00bd4709cb54b3b50.png

Oh, they get it. It's why a dog is their mascot. It's a pussy ass dog, though

51 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Sure, he came across as an idiot, but my point was about the setting. I didn’t see it live and a bunch of posters were calling it just a game day segment (one said a “live performance”) so I thought it was a sit down interview or something. Then I watched it and it’s him reacting to a magic trick. Hardly a moment where I’d expect someone to be ‘on’ in a PR sense. 

Come the fuck on guys magic is not real, Connor Weigman was in on the trick and that was his shitty acting. What still baffles me what still makes me laugh out loud is how THIS is a talking point, that the fucking rubes think this "magic" trick more weight than it should have, that it will reach the annals of aggie lore.

That said he is a super heavy stoner, that I did not know before saturday.

4 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Honestly, the mentalist segment they're going on and on about is fine. 

his reaction is literally no different than Harrison Ford telling David Blaine to GTFO of his house lol. as far as i know Ford is not black, or stupid, though he may be a stoner. but he probably plays QB about as well 😆

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

You really think those guys are competing for females? 

(NTTAWT.)

Had Aggie friend tell me Saturday that those guys get more P than anyone on campus. I said brother I don’t believe that but if it’s true, that’s a sad commentary on the rest of you dudes. I wouldn’t admit that if I were you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

A&M has had above average to good QB twice this century. 

Excuse me, sir, but I will not sit here and let you besmirch the good name of Mark "the Rifleman" Farris.

Perhaps you need a refresher from his Wiki page...

2000 season

[edit]

Started every game at QB and had what was, at the time, the most prolific season in school history. Completed 208-of-347 passes (.599) for 2,551 yards with 10 touchdowns and 9 interceptions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The more the aggies think that they are cursed, that the media is against them, that they need to find a coach that gets A&M, that their QB lost his mind in a magic trick, that they need to bring Moffit and the Junction Boys back, the more time they keep defending their racist fans, past and administration, the more they bemoan the launch of texags in 1999 (well this is partially true). Is less time they spend finding the right solution to their problems. Its why I never ever really worry, even during COVID Jimbo. 

Sark only needed to change the football team culture, a Giga Saban would need to fire their entire donor base, university leadership, AD, propaganda machine (texags) and MAGA fans good luck!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.b72eda13432b15d16632dfffbd8624be.png

This guy actually has a point. Seriously. So why is it so funny?

Ironically (irony is beyond TexAggies), their arrogance (something else they can't fathom in the way of true projectors) and absurd expectations is what induces laughter at them as well as their own annual rage that somebody is cheating their giant out of a waking season that sets the world afearin' them Aggies.

They have a new coach, had a drain of top talent (again), some questionable Assistant Coach hires, and are coming off two losing seasons after crowing about the greatest recruiting class ever assembled using/not using NIL.

Numerous Ags said anything less than 11-2 would be a disappointment. Numerous Ags keep crowing about their fabbo portal haul and mysterious number 7 ranking in current talent. Four days ago was a proven entity who would likely be in the Heisman conversation. 

Most fans in their position could be not shattered by a loss to a team ranked 13 spots ahead of them that was close at the end. Not the Aggies who are determine to return to their illusory dominant place in college football. 

Most rational fans would be unhappy, but maybe not to the point of firing the coach, rending garments, and turning on a player they'd all loved for two years after an opening game flop. Most fans might talk with a little optimism about things looking up from the two prior losing seasons.

Not Aggies. They publish their own ranking where they're Giant Number One Just Wait and See.

Rollercoaster shatters. They wallow in puzzled rage. The world laughs yet again.

Of course, this guy has a point, too, which was obvious at Elko's press conference taking the job:

image.png.592199f3921492edcce8662c865279cd.png

Dateline College Station

Special Olympics shot put champion made honorary coach of the Aggies for opener.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

aggy is turning on the Fat Elk after week 1. Frankly I’m surprised, as ND was a decent team heading into Pyle for week 1. Ranked vs shouldn’t have been ranked is a tough loss at home, when it was a close game going into the waning minutes of the 4th. aggy is going to aggy, so I digress.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

A&M has had above average to good QB twice this century. 

1. JFF - who was a drug addict

2. Kellon Mond - who they hated because 

https://imgflip.com/i/9275ae

9275ae.jpg

Tannehill was pretty good in 2011.  Of course, they had him at receiver for three years. Isn't that incredible? A&M has had one decent NFL QB this century and they played him at receiver for three seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Turning on the Elk happened fast because they really expected a good season this year, I know it is stupid, I know it is dumb, but that was really their expectation when he was hired, remember they bent over backwards to keep their talent and that recruiting class from transfering. See E-Rob staying as head coach and DC of Syracuse, see the hiring of an assistant in Early. They treat the transfer portal like a sacred betrayal, doubly so when it is a member of the sacred #1 class. 

The minute they realized is a rebuild year at best, it was as if their entire sanity shattered.

Edited by linux
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.b72eda13432b15d16632dfffbd8624be.png

This guy actually has a point. Seriously. So why is it so funny?

Ironically (irony is beyond TexAggies), their arrogance (something else they can't fathom in the way of true projectors) and absurd expectations is what induces laughter at them as well as their own annual rage that somebody is cheating their giant out of a waking season that sets the world afearin' them Aggies.

They have a new coach, had a drain of top talent (again), some questionable Assistant Coach hires, and are coming off two losing seasons after crowing about the greatest recruiting class ever assembled using/not using NIL.

Numerous Ags said anything less than 11-2 would be a disappointment. Numerous Ags keep crowing about their fabbo portal haul and mysterious number 7 ranking in current talent. Four days ago was a proven entity who would likely be in the Heisman conversation. 

Most fans in their position could be not shattered by a loss to a team ranked 13 spots ahead of them that was close at the end. Not the Aggies who are determine to return to their illusory dominant place in college football. 

Most rational fans would be unhappy, but maybe not to the point of firing the coach, rending garments, and turning on a player they'd all loved for two years after an opening game flop. Most fans might talk with a little optimism about things looking up from the two prior losing seasons.

Not Aggies. They publish their own ranking where they're Giant Number One Just Wait and See.

Rollercoaster shatters. They wallow in puzzled rage. The world laughs yet again.

Of course, this guy has a point, too, which was obvious at Elko's press conference taking the job:

image.png.592199f3921492edcce8662c865279cd.png

Dateline College Station

Special Olympics shot put champion made honorary coach of the Aggies for opener.

Spot on.

Most fans would understand this as a year to keep their expectations in check. They were 7-6 last year, fired their coach in an epic contractual clusterfuck, and had heavy player turnover in the portal, losing more talent than they gained. So, it's probably a meh year where you simply enjoy it if they do better than that. But no...

Every A&M hire, recruit and portal pick-up is a master stroke from the Elk, their latest greatest coaching hire ever. The Sleeping Giant... has hit the snooze button again.

Dammit! Elko sucks! We need to find an even newer greatest coaching hire ever! One who comes here already squeezing his left nut. 

Edited by Tired Horn
typo.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1