Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-09-11-10-33-55-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Here's the deal: the SEC wanted Texas A&M to be a big name Texas school that would draw eyeballs and create star power to the west of the conference's prior footprint.

Texas A&M has been a colossal flop and failed to deliver anything. The SEC was forced to bring in Texas to bring added energy and excitement and quality football. Texas is who Texas A&M pretended to be, hence their uniforms that emphasize TEXAS and minimize A&M or aggies. 

The SEC's Texas A&M experiment was nothing but a waste of money with a lot of flash and fury. (with a fake national championship trophy) A&M's chihuahua fans have done nothing but annoy the rest of the conference with their incessant yapping. Maybe the Big 10 would be a better fit. Certainly, the Big 10 has more clothes that will fit their fatass fans and coach.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.jpeg.48374592de00783ba566336d8728d812.jpeg

The speed with which they went from, "Texas can't handle the every week SEC grind" to "This is a watered down SEC" is breathtaking. We haven't played a conference game yet, but if that school in the state capital had to compete in a big boy conference, they wouldn't have such a cakewalk to the playoff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

They explained this shit ad nauseam in the SEC schedule reveal show. Difficulty is based on conference winning percentage since 2012. Texas sucked = easier schedule. aggy sucked = easier schedule. OU good = harder schedule.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-football-schedule-opponents-set-for-eight-game-model-in-2024-season-with-texas-oklahoma-joining-league/amp/

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 3

I feel bad for the very few posters over there that actually get it. Some of them are accurately pointing out they haven't developed a WR since Mike Evans, had multiple highly-ranked WRs flame out (Demas), and hired an OC that prefers to run the ball (especially with the QB), but then have to put up with a bunch of fucking head-in-the-sand morons complaining about NIL, Holmon Wiggins, and believing that WRs from the portal are somehow going to be more inclined to sign with them than high school WRs. 

Hey dummies - it's also a pretty shitty strategy when it comes to attracting QBs... Is the Longstreet kid from CA a dual-threat QB? He's 6'1" and almost 200 according to On3. It'll be interesting to see if they hold on to him when their offense sucks shit through a straw this year and Wiggy gets hurt again. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Then:  SEC is the toughest conference, there's never an easy game.  SECSECSECSECSEC!

Now:  Sips were gifted an easy schedule by . . . playing us in our stadium!

Also: Texas only plays 1 of the top 7 SEC teams.

Ignoring that Texas is one of those top 7.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

LOL at The Elk star-gazing at Collin Klein. Nobody outside of the big 12 even knows who he is.

I think the post was referencing Wiggins and not Klein.  Wiggins being from Bama was the star gaze.

They just go in circles every year. "If we just do this or that we would be a juggernaut!". No, morons. You'll forever be a middle of the pack program. It's been 84 years, how have you idiots not gotten the memo?

And LOL at them still yelling at the sky that they're the best fan base in America. K. God damn it's hard to read their parroting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Kansas State OC doesn't have a great passing attack....who'd have thought it......

Also on the Wiggins front, a lot of us on here seemed to want Sark to bring Wiggins with him when he came over.  He still would have been better than the potted house plant he kept on staff, but I can remember people posting about wanting him.

22 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Also on the Wiggins front, a lot of us on here seemed to want Sark to bring Wiggins with him when he came over.  He still would have been better than the potted house plant he kept on staff, but I can remember people posting about wanting him.

Initially maybe. When Coleman was fired, a majority of this board recognized that Wiggins wasn't very good. 

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

Kansas State OC doesn't have a great passing attack....who'd have thought it......

it was a few not a lot. wiggins and sark together might have worked. 

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

I don’t understand the point of calling people into account about an initial knee jerk reaction regarding an asssitant coach elsewhere from 3.5 years ago. No one wanted to keep Coleman and everyone was correct in that regard. Once people actually looked into the Wiggins candidate, many of us were out. 

Solid work of positioning yourself as the guy who had it straight the whole way, which you often do. Congrats. 

Well, what we have now is working.  Our players continuously improve, culture is great, and develop yearly. They want to be here and part of this team.  We've replaced a few coaches in between but, wow, Sark is leading a great program in all areas.  We pay NIL but we are not money whipping players to come.  I'm guessing it's, can you get me anywhere near this number because I want to come here conversation. They want to be here and stay here for their future and to be part of UT football. In the past 2 years, how many portal guys did we lose that we really wanted to keep? I can't think of a single player from UT.  What about aggie - 30, 40, more? 

Aggie, they're about 3 or so years ahead of schedule on figuring out they messed up again.  They're mostly in that denial but some are realizing the facts.  Unless you grew up in some backwoods shithole in Texas, none of their recruits want to be there.  They can't develop on offense and defense is very subpar with elite talent.  They'll replace a few coaches this round again.  And once again wonder why they lose 25+ players to the portal.  This could be the highest and best coaster crash ever. No name coach and mostly no name other coaches - great idea that's going to work next time - welcome back to trying to buy a team. 

Long term, they have gone full aggie and stepped on their dicks again.   

I'm talking decades types of issues (continue) ala FSU, go Jimbo.  You will live on for decades at both schools.

CTJ can probably expound on this idea better.  He and Sydney seem to be plugged in.     

• Hook 'Em 4