Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

34 minutes ago, Foosters said:

wow. Tarp has 100% jumped ship on the Elko era

Seems like their 247 site as a whole (aka, their only media outlet that isn't headquartered on campus and formally involved with their AD/NIL) is pissed about Elko's information embargo and being lied to about their prospects this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Shemar Turner would be a starter with Collins, but the other guys you mention would be rotational guys. York would never see the field at Texas. I think Mukaba/Williams are better than Anderson but he'd get plenty of snaps considering Sarkisian loves to rotate our 2 deep on defense throughout the game.

Yeah, I was thinking Turner was the only player who would start for us, with Scourton the only other with a shot. The other players I listed are guys I think could get any meaningful snaps this year. Point being, they are so far from being a top ten most talented team that it's laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Seems like their 247 site as a whole (aka, their only media outlet that isn't headquartered on campus and formally involved with their AD/NIL) is pissed about Elko's information embargo and being lied to about their prospects this year. 

And pissed about not getting to skim 15% off the top of the NIL fund

Edited by HuttNuts
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Yeah, I was thinking Turner was the only player who would start for us, with Scourton the only other with a shot. The other players I listed are guys I think could get any meaningful snaps this year. Point being, they are so far from being a top ten most talented team that it's laughable. 

I think the only offensive player they have that would be a rotational guy for Texas is Moss and only because we suffered losses at the position, he would have been at best 3rd on the depth chart entering this season battling it out with Wisner. Obviously, Gibson has shown a lot in the 2 games so far and would close to passing him by.

Edited by HtownHorn

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Muhammed has fallen off a cliff.  He looked pretty good in 2022....but so far he has 2 receptions for 23 yards through 2 games?

Nah, I watched their McNesse game he played well, but he punched/slapped a McNeese defender and was somehow not ejected. He is a loose cannon it seems and probably why he plays limited snaps.

Elko is probably a decent football man, but he's made quite a few unforced errors that have little to do with actually coaching football.

He has done a particularly poor job of managing expectations. Even if he didn't outright say in a press conference that they were in a rebuild, he should have leaked it off the record and let Chin Pubes and the other minions deliver the news. Instead, their fanbase thinks they have a contending team based off of bullshit and the mirage of their recruiting rankings.

His Bill Snyder-like media paranoia isn't going to build him any goodwill amongst the $9.95 crowd, either. Eventually, even the most dick slobbering of them all will turn on him if he's not scratching their backs. He's costing them money if they can't give their subs anything to chew on and its bruising all of their egos.

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-09-12-11-36-41-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.69e26d8ad476dba6319184bd4ae1260e.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-12-11-36-49-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-12-11-36-53-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I agree with a lot of what Liucci is saying here, sadly. I don't think you can overhaul a football program in disarray in a single season. Unfortunately for this idiot, he was running around and claiming exactly that about Elko. He talked about to anyone who would listen, and I heard him do it on Finebaum, Pate, and Meathead Radio at least. 

Any place with culture issues and major roster issues is going to be a 2+ year endeavor and any fanbase or talking head that doesn't get that wins their just desserts. The chemistry required for all of it with that many positions and people is too much to be able to pull off any shortcutting.

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Elko is probably a decent football man, but he's made quite a few unforced errors that have little to do with actually coaching football.

He has done a particularly poor job of managing expectations. Even if he didn't outright say in a press conference that they were in a rebuild, he should have leaked it off the record and let Chin Pubes and the other minions deliver the news. Instead, their fanbase thinks they have a contending team based off of bullshit and the mirage of their recruiting rankings.

His Bill Snyder-like media paranoia isn't going to build him any goodwill amongst the $9.95 crowd, either. Eventually, even the most dick slobbering of them all will turn on him if he's not scratching their backs. He's costing them money if they can't give their subs anything to chew on and its bruising all of their egos.

I've been thinking and writing some on the development of the actual players at ATM. Take your points and add development and evaluation problems to the recipe and you someone who should maybe just be a coordinator. 

If you go back and look at the classes Elko helped sign and then what happened to those players once they got to campus (ignore 2022 forward since he left) and it is not pretty. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I too remember thinking that culture change would be like putting on a new paint of coat. Quick and painless, accomplished by yelling, accountability, and some soundbite worthy speeches. 

Turns out that it's more like tearing down a building and rebuilding from the ground up.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I too remember thinking that culture change would be like putting on a new paint of coat. Quick and painless, accomplished by yelling, accountability, and some soundbite worthy speeches. 

Turns out that it's more like tearing down a building and rebuilding from the ground up.

you may be underestimating the power of burnt toast, powdered eggs and piss charts here

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

The best part of this whole joke is that they are probably sitting at 2-0 if they don't make an emotional decision and shitcan Jimbo because the damned Sips are doing well in the Big 12!

Jimbo saved the good stuff for Alabama and LSU, his cheesecake factory playbook was not just the same 2 pages printed over and over, he did legit sandbag against the minnows absolutely never running motion for example, but did it multiple times vs Alabama.

I am not saying that he is a savant or a spymaster with his maskirovka he did afterall lose most games against them, but at the end of the day if you want the coach nobody wants but is most likely (I mean like 1 out of 4) to beat UT then it was Jimbo.

• Hook 'Em 1

They almost hired a coach who had actually succeeded in building a program, but fired him before he could get on the airplane. I wasn't worried about Stoops, by any means, but when it comes to Elko I've got the stress level and pulse rate of a monk on a mountainside.

I'm loving this.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I love that they really believe they are the 7th most talented team in the country.  They have holes everywhere.  Especially at OL, LB, CB, RB, and WR.  And their DL is nothing special, despite the lofty rankings.

Five (5) minutes ago. 

IMG_6313.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I agree with a lot of what Liucci is saying here, sadly. I don't think you can overhaul a football program in disarray in a single season. Unfortunately for this idiot, he was running around and claiming exactly that about Elko. He talked about to anyone who would listen, and I heard him do it on Finebaum, Pate, and Meathead Radio at least. 

Any place with culture issues and major roster issues is going to be a 2+ year endeavor and any fanbase or talking head that doesn't get that wins their just desserts. The chemistry required for all of it with that many positions and people is too much to be able to pull off any shortcutting.

I've been thinking and writing some on the development of the actual players at ATM. Take your points and add development and evaluation problems to the recipe and you someone who should maybe just be a coordinator. 

If you go back and look at the classes Elko helped sign and then what happened to those players once they got to campus (ignore 2022 forward since he left) and it is not pretty. 

One thing that the mouth breathing mob over there forgets when they refer to the portal is that the portal takes as well as gives, and an ugly drawn out confused coaching search where you let your interim guy recruit for the school he is going to because you don't want your new guy embarrassed in a bowl....is going to take a heck of a lot more than it will give...

• Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

ahh so you too fell for the Tom Herman school of culture change with runny eggs and piss color charts....  Welcome to the club.

Edited by TexasRenegade

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

ahh so you too fell for the Tom Herman school of culture change with runny eggs and piss color charts....  Welcome to the club.

Oh no. I was overly pessimistic during the Herman era. Last straw for me was when I saw Herman holding a pot and having his players "put in all their chips" before heading out of the tunnel. The man had literally handed out poker chips to his entire team, just so that they could drop them into the pot on the way out. Its like something you'd see at a Tony Robbins knock-off conference held in a crumbling ballroom in old Vegas.

I fell for Charlie Strong culture change...

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Oh no. I was overly pessimistic during the Herman era. Last straw for me was when I saw Herman holding a pot and having his players "put in all their chips" before heading out of the tunnel. The man had literally handed out poker chips to his entire team, just so that they could drop them into the pot on the way out. Its like something you'd see at a Tony Robbins knock-off conference held in a crumbling ballroom in old Vegas.

I fell for Charlie Strong culture change...

ehh I'd put more substance into Chuckles trying to change the culture....he just was in over his head.  He did actually try to change the culture though.  Tom Herman was equivalent to our reaction when Mack hired Stacey Searls and we got excited because there was a blocking sled sighting on campus......

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-09-12-11-36-41-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.69e26d8ad476dba6319184bd4ae1260e.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-12-11-36-49-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-09-12-11-36-53-33_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Looch has changed his messaging, and it was ordered from the top-down.

For the umpteenth time, Elko denied aggy was rebuilding on the Jim Rome show before the season. “We’re not rebuilding. If you’re rebuilding, you’re building your team for the next coach.”

Rome is a softball slow pitch interviewer that sends questions in advance. So Elko sat down Alberts and their SID, and they prepared their response to this specific question. 

Lose to Notre Dame. Hype them as a “legit top 10 team” across all TexAgs platforms. Then NIU pulls the rug out from this narrative and they pivot to rebuilding a football roster is hard. Again, your juniors are the from the “greatest recruiting class of all time”. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

ehh I'd put more substance into Chuckles trying to change the culture....he just was in over his head.  He did actually try to change the culture though.  Tom Herman was equivalent to our reaction when Mack hired Stacey Searls and we got excited because there was a blocking sled sighting on campus......

Blocking sled euphoria was when we went from Tim Nunez to Mac McWhorter.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Liucci has to stay all in on Elko for awhile. He's the one that got Stoops' offer pulled.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I almost pity Tarp, man is a modern college football version of Alfred Jodl. Committed to a futile cause in which he must carefully try and show reason to those who will listen without drawing to much attention from the sycophants yes men and getting the maroon gestapo sic on him for speaking out against the party.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Liucci has to stay all in on Elko for awhile. He's the one that got Stoops' offer pulled.

Liucci is just a pimp. The real power behind their NIL, pulling the rug on Stoops and getting Elko is far more intelligient than Liucci and worth about 500x Liucci. Actually a great guy too. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Liucci is just a pimp. The real power behind their NIL, pulling the rug on Stoops and getting Elko is far more intelligient than Liucci and worth about 500x Liucci. Actually a great guy too. 

640px-Buc-ee's_beaver.svg.png

The misspelling of "intelligent" is also <chef's kiss

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Park Gothic said:

640px-Buc-ee's_beaver.svg.png

The misspelling of "intelligent" is also <chef's kiss

Not those guys. Besides, are they good folks? Wasn’t one of them busted using a hidden camera in a room where female guests were changing clothes or something?

I just typed too fast and misspelled intelligent. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Not those guys. Besides, are they good folks? Wasn’t one of them busted using a hidden camera in a room where female guests were changing clothes or something?

I recall it being the son, but not certain.  

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh I have no idea. I'm just joshing around.