Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

You actually pay attention to Chris fucking Childers?  Are you on the fucking spectrum?  Chris Childers is a fucking clown.  He's a sideshow freak.  He's a moron.  His one purpose in life is to set up Rick fucking Neuheisel, who, despite his failures, actually knows something about football.  Childers is an idiot that buys jerseys on Ebay and has them tailored.

You really are a buffoon. This response is typical of a middle class real estate cokehead in LA, I guess. Full Ride is heard all over, even if it hurts your weak sensitivities. 

Rewatching their first half against Florida because I was bored, they were competent running the ball but that has never been their problem Achane did extremely well for them and it was not all of it was off tackle. Their problem was always pass protection but I will just give them an incomplete, I may be biased but Florida DL was not really working hard on passing downs.

That said even with all that UF players kept extending aggie drives with penalties, even if you disagree with the interpreation of crown of helmet to the groin. Flags kept raining again and again.

Rewatching their first half against Florida because I was bored, they were competent running the ball but that has never been their problem Achane did extremely well for them and it was not all of it was off tackle. Their problem was always pass protection but I will just give them an incomplete, I may be biased but Florida DL was not really working hard on passing downs.
That said even with all that UF players kept extending aggie drives with penalties, even if you disagree with the interpreation of crown of helmet to the groin. Flags kept raining again and again.

The Miami Dolphins RB is back in College?

12 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I'm just surprised aggy hasn't given Marcel Reed some stupid fucking nickname yet.

edit: They probably have I just haven't found it yet..😁

12 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Marcel Football. Not making that up. Fucking aggies. 

Well, they were workshopping "My Boy Reed" and realized it MIGHT have racial rammifications, so they just slapped some of the various nicknames they had for Manziel and called it a day. Guys are real creative. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

The Miami Dolphins RB is back in College?

I meant a few years ago, the Aggie OL + RB room was historically bad at pass blocking, not rushing. I still have not seen the insane improvement they are touting, Florida's DL played like a unit that knows coach is about to get fired. Definitely need to see more data.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, linux said:

I watched a bunch of that game, and that was legitimately the least disciplined defense I have seen at the P4 level. Every long TD throw that Reed hit was a straight up coverage bust with no defender within 20 yards of the receiver. When they got stops, they would just commit some penalty to extend the drive. I am here for A&M over rotating based on this performance, because they are going to come crashing down to earth when they play a team with a pulse. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I watched a bunch of that game, and that was legitimately the least disciplined defense I have seen at the P4 level. Every long TD throw that Reed hit was a straight up coverage bust with no defender within 20 yards of the receiver. When they got stops, they would just commit some penalty to extend the drive. I am here for A&M over rotating based on this performance, because they are going to come crashing down to earth when they play a team with a pulse. 

That team with a pulse is Bowling Green coming off a bye week. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

On 9/15/2024 at 10:29 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Multiple threads on concerns of showing Klein calling plays as if it was live and other team might know play call

image.png.2a5610bcc7e466d6a0f24fe57727599d.png

image.png.135d6b6c1e8fc15ef56762c6ebdd2593.png

I recall us beating them in 1990 and they claimed the TV showing their huddle tipped us off, causing them to lose. Never mind that we were kneeling the ball to run out the clock inside their 10 yard line at the end of the game.

Liars and losers. Excuses are their oldest turdition.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I recall us beating them in 1990 and they claimed the TV showing their huddle tipped us off, causing them to lose. Never mind that we were kneeling the ball to run out the clock inside their 10 yard line at the end of the game.

Liars and losers. Excuses are their oldest turdition.

They were too stupid to realize they should have let us score to go up by 8 but they get the ball back. That should have been the instructions after Walker broke off the long run to get to their 30.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MuellerHorn said:

I know Florida is *not* good, but A&M did look much better on offense with Reed at QB. It'll be interesting to see them against a team like BGSU and then against a competent passing attack in Mizzou.

Even Tarp acknowledged in his write up that they're benefiting from limited tape on Reed at this point. 

Jerrod Heard looked unstoppable against Cal, but how long did that last? 

I don't actually think Weigman is very good, so possibly Reed is better, I just don't think you can know very much at this point.

It definitely seems like Reed is a better fit for Klein's offense.  I don't see how a QB with serious concussion history can play in that system.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, they were workshopping "My Boy Reed" and realized it MIGHT have racial rammifications, so they just slapped some of the various nicknames they had for Manziel and called it a day. Guys are real creative. 

Have they learned nothing from the Kenny fucking football experience?  Even after he rejected Looch's advantages and started calling himself Kenny Trill, it didn't turn out well.

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Even Tarp acknowledged in his write up that they're benefiting from limited tape on Reed at this point. 

I don't actually think Weigman is very good, so possibly Reed is better, I just don't think you can know very much at this point.

It definitely seems like Reed is a better fit for Klein's offense.  I don't see how a QB with serious concussion history can play in that system.

I agree with all of this. Granted, Heard couldn't pass downfield as well as Reed (it seems, as of now), but there will be new game planning for him, nonetheless. 

A&M avoids UGA, Bama, Tenn, Ole Miss, and OU. While they play Mizzou, SCar, and LSU, all of those teams have major holes. All in all, I just think their final record may make them look better than they actually are. However, as long as Texas takes care of them on November 30th, I don't give a damn.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I agree with all of this. Granted, Heard couldn't pass downfield as well as Reed (it seems, as of now), but there will be new game planning for him, nonetheless. 

A&M avoids UGA, Bama, Tenn, Ole Miss, and OU. While they play Mizzou, SCar, and LSU, all of those teams have major holes. All in all, I just think their final record may make them look better than they actually are. However, as long as Texas takes care of them on November 30th, I don't give a damn.

Assuming they lose to at least 3 of the remaining teams with a pulse they'll face, that puts them exactly on track for...

Wait for it...

28230992_1.jpg

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Assuming they lose to at least 3 of the remaining teams with a pulse they'll face, and puts them exactly on track for...

Wait for it...

28230992_1.jpg

True, and the "next year!" roller coaster will begin again, buoyed by an 8-4 season in The Elk's first year. Which honestly, 8-4 would be a good result for them given everything that has transpired there in the past year.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I think I heard that UF’s best two pass rushers from last year transferred out. Princely Umanmielen and another guy. 

Correct. The other guy went to Va Tech. UF’s defense was going to suck even when fully healthy. A&M faced a MASH unit of that originally shitty defense and now they think their offense is saved with Reed. Reed played some last year, and he’s a pretty limited passer. He’s not terrible, but he’s not good enough to elevate the terrible receivers and OL around him against defenses with a pulse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

How does Tarp have Aggie subscribers? That's wild.

Tarp is furious with Elko because Elko is denying the aggy writers the ability to give readers any information at all. He's killing their business.

And yes, he has to be older than 55. He's been at it a long time.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I'm just surprised aggy hasn't given Marcel Reed some stupid fucking nickname yet.

edit: They probably have I just haven't found it yet..😁

Marcel the Shell 🐚 

Spoiler

image.png.d1c7cea2265fe494f4939dcccac6a239.png

Edited by Sal
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Florida’s defense sucked to begin with and then they were missing 6 of their top 8 DBs and 2 other starters on defense on a team that’s already quit on Napier. There couldn’t be a less meaningful barometer of the A&M offense, which is great because it means the rollercoaster is climbing once again. 

Even with all of that working for him, Marcel Reed only passed for 186 yards. So go right ahead Ags.. puff that chest. 

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I refuse to accept this "Bowling Green is actually a really good team!" BS that people are trying to sell right now.

It's Bowling Green. A&M should win by 4 touchdowns regardless of which QB is trotted out.

Bowling Green beat Georgia Tech last year. They were only down 14-6 at the half against Michigan in Ann Arbor last year. They gave Penn State all they wanted in week 1 this season.

They have a 24 year old QB who started at Mizzou and Indiana before transferring there last year. They are very, very experienced overall -- almost every starter on both sides of the ball is a SR (lots of redshirt SRs) or redshirt JR.

They may not be particularly talented, but there is something to be said about the physical development and experience of 22-24 year olds who will not be intimidated by the crowd. A&M should beat their ass, but 23.5 seems like a lot of points.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

A lot of you guys are letting that miserable UF team do a lot of work for you in your thinking about ATM. UF may go 1-11 this year. They're favored in Starkville this weekend by like 5 points, so maybe they pull that off. Maybe they beat FSU? Either win would only be a direct result of the utter putridness both programs currently represent. This is a bad UF with a ton of injuries and many of the players have quit on the dead men walking coaching them. 

ATM going 8-4 after what we've seen is next level paranoia. I don't know who between BG, Arky, @MSU, @Auburn and @South Carolina beats them, but it will be a combination of those teams. ATM is a bad fucking team. They're going to find ways to lose.

• Hook 'Em 8

13 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Tarp is furious with Elko because Elko is denying the aggy writers the ability to give readers any information at all. He's killing their business.

And yes, he has to be older than 55. He's been at it a long time.

There appears to be several other issues causing Tarp to become an enemy of the aggie state. 

1) There's a belief that Texags is getting fed information for their use that other writers and site are not.

2) The Elk or one of his minions has now called and berated Tarp/Karels on multiple instances due to how their expressing their opinions and disseminating data.

Mack Brown didn't like how certain reporters reported things or asked questions and he'd have his SID team run folks to ground and intimidate them with regard to access and credentials. He once had a reporter (John Modani, I think?) brought to his office under the premise of some sort of scoop and then went fucking nuts on the guy. The Elk is apparently on that level.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There appears to be several other issues causing Tarp to become an enemy of the aggie state. 

1) There's a belief that Texags is getting fed information for their use that other writers and site are not.

2) The Elk or one of his minions has now called and berated Tarp/Karels on multiple instances due to how their expressing their opinions and disseminating data.

Mack Brown didn't like how certain reporters reported things or asked questions and he'd have his SID team run folks to ground and intimidate them with regard to access and credentials. He once had a reporter (John Modani, I think?) brought to his office under the premise of some sort of scoop and then went fucking nuts on the guy. The Elk is apparently on that level.

If Elko's skin is as thin as Mack's, that fatass's insides are going to cause a blowout any day now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Have they learned nothing from the Kenny fucking football experience?  Even after he rejected Looch's advantages and started calling himself Kenny Trill, it didn't turn out well.

Uhhhhhh..........

18 hours ago, Spindletop said:

I posted this in the A&M thread on the Football board. Reposting here for people's reference:

I don't know much about A&M's history over the last 30 years other than them losing some hilarious games like 27-25 and 77-0, so I asked ChatGPT about the QBs being replaced and this is what it came up with:

1992-1995: Corey Pullig 4-yr starter

1996: Branndon Stewart replaced by Mark Farris midseason

1997-1999: Randy McCown 3-yr starter, replaced Mark Farris

2001: Mark Farris replaced by Dustin Long midseason

2002: Dusting Long replaced by Reggie McNeal midseason

2005: Reggie McNeal replaced by Stephen McGee midseason (injury)

2008: Stephen McGee replaced by Jerrod Johnson midseason (injury)

2010: Jerrod Johnson replaced by Ryan Tannehill

2012-2013: Manziel 2-yr starter

2014: Kenny Hill replaced by Kyle Allen midseason

2015: Kyle Allen replaced by Kyler Murray midseason

2016: Trevor Knight (ChatGPT says he transferred from OU? Don't remember this guy)

2017: Nick Starkel (? who is this?) and Kellen Mond swapped back and forth (?)

2018-2020: Mond starts for 3 yrs

2021: Haynes King replaced by Zach Calzada (injury)

2022: Haynes King replaced by Max Johnson, who was then replaced by Connor Weigman

2024: Looks like Weigman about to be replaced by Marcel Reed

No. The answer is no.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:13 AM, Getafix said:

But when your backup wins a game and the starter loses one…yeah, it doesn't matter what the people at A&M think or what I think. It's there 

2. That's because if the backup quarterback shows anything at all, they come out as the fan favorite every time out

The only thing as certain as death and taxes is that aggy fans will crown the backup QB and badmouth the starter to the point of his transfer.

Pro-tip: aggy fans are blithering idiots who completely lack the ability to objectively analyze anything related to their school.

Ignore every word they say. They'll steer you wrong every single time.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Exactly, Tarp also acknowledged the multiple breakdowns in the Florida secondary that lead to wide open WRs. This isn't going to be the case consistently moving forward. In fact, he made the point that Reed only outscored McNeese 17-10, and while they are also awful, they weren't fucking up their assignments.

• Hook 'Em 2