Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

16 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I read that on Texags and concluded it was a lot of words to say, "I hope that team in Austin isn't as good as everyone with eyes can see it is." 

It says they are scared absolutely shitless and they know their beloved SEC “100 Year Decision” world has deflated like Harvey Weinstein’s dick in the jailhouse freezer.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

High comedy that they absolutely refuse to put their team in with the easy sec schedule teams.  They must not want to make that point THAT badly. 

And now it’s don’t sleep on Kentucky or vandy.  From the same evaluators that were sure Michigan would beat us at home, until we gutted them and only then was it obvious that they would end the season unranked. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love how the narrative went from "They're fucked once they get into the SEC, the won't know how to handle not being the big bully who pushes everyone around" to "The sips own the refs and have all the power and have stacked the deck in their favor" in the span of...2 months. And the cherry is that those twats are the first ones to fucking crown us as the kings of the SEC with their bullshit, baseless conspiracies. And it's getting worse. It's straight up just "We suck, it's the sips fault" for everything. Fucking losers.

And I loooooooooooooove them bascially just overlaying their politics on college football. But don't let anyone tell them who labor unions endorse politically. Fucking idiots. 

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the Horns were 2-1 with a home loss to ND we’d all be saying how much we suck and will probably drop 3-5 more games. 

But not aggy. They’re convinced they’ll be competing for a playoff spot at the end of the year when we come in to big bad kyle field. And then they are going to hit us in the mouth. 

They are not a good team. Their OL and qb are trash. Their D takes a ton of plays off. 

Click clack I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I liked the Ag comment, “The noise at Kyle will present a problem for them”.
Sure. In 1986. Offenses have had signals to deal with noise for decades. 

Just one or two oxygenated dendrites would be able to discern that playoff caliber Alabama at home, defending national champ Michigan at home with the same signal caller and offensive line is going to do fine against non-blueblood aggy at home where we have a winning record.

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

fify

Doesn’t need to be fixed. They can make whatever excuses they want while they watch Texas in the playoffs. That won’t have any more effect on the outcome than their towels. 

They’re already floating the idea that the invincible UGA juggernaut might be dinged up after playing Alabama and that’s why Texas will win. Or, if UGA loses to Alabama, clearly they were overrated so the Texas win will mean nothing. If Texas wins it all, it’s because this was a down year for college football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

inre: "the sips controlled the handing to them of the easiest sec schedule (which they make less difficult by lowering our SoS) which said schedule is going to grind them in to dust because they just aren't for real / they don't know what they are in for / we are going to kill them with our noise / uga scraping by ky actually means both will pwn tu"

we're past cognitive dissonance when they are able to make factual counter-arguments against themselves in ADJACENT POSTS in a thread AND when quoting posts with logic COUNTER to the point the writer is making

the least the ministry could do, for their own sanity, would be to make 2 threads, "sips soros esipn sec easy schedule control" and "sec schedule brutality ruins liberal sips only", and pin them, and move all posts from other threads to the correct thread, and posts that mix the 2 get chucked, and that way they can keep their delusion organized

Their fans are such pathetic pussies, too insecure to be objective about the state of their team and the conference members of which they have hitched their wagon. They cannot comprehend Texas walking into the sec year 1 and immediately ascending to the top echelon of the conference. I can’t wait for this Texas team to walk into that shithole of a stadium and commit multiple football felonies on their severely overmatched team. I’m taking Texas and the over. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They’ll shut up once the ass kicking commences, just like everyone else. 

Come on Doc, you know better than this. The roller-coaster will climb, the fall will come the conspiracy tuannon theories will grow, the excuses will mount and Texas will always be lucky and the aggie unlucky. They didn't stop for the decade we didn't play them. They sure as shit aren't going to stop now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Come on Doc, you know better than this. The roller-coaster will climb, the fall will come the conspiracy tuannon theories will grow, the excuses will mount and Texas will always be lucky and the aggie unlucky. They didn't stop for the decade we didn't play them. They sure as shit aren't going to stop now.

The crowd will shut up.

I love reading these screenshots, but they consistently surprise me with their cognitive pretzels.

If you want to argue that it is too early in the season to really understand how good/bad teams are, fine.  That, in itself, is not that unreasonable.  But they have an astounding ability to selectively apply it when it suits their narrative ("mean tu sucks") and to ignore it when it doesn't ("Georgia is going to beat them...regardless of how they looked against Kentucky...in fact, now that I think about it, Kentucky probably beats them too").

Also, if you ignore the matchup between the schools, they play the same # of ranked teams that we do.  In fact, we've both already played a team that was ranked in the top 10.  We all know how those turned out, so maybe one of these teams has actually proved a little bit already.  So maybe our schedule is at least as hard as theirs.

Also, last one...the "noise at pyle field" will trip us up.  Just like it did @Alabama.  And @Michigan.  Oh, and @pyle field the last couple of visits (and our overall record there).

Whatever...rent free... :)

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The crowd will shut up.

aggie crowd will? The aggie crowd will shut up and stop with their conspiracy and luck takes if Texas dominates and aggie goes off the rails. Both are coming, the aggie's never shut up. Ever.

Want to make a wager on that on whether or not they shut up if Texas is dominating?

Edited by BurntEyes

Just now, BurntEyes said:

aggie crowd will? The aggie crowd will shut up and stop with their conspiracy and luck takes if Texas dominates and aggie goes off the rails. (Which they will)

Want to make a wager on that one?

The Aggies fans in attendance at Kyle Field when Texas curb stomps their football team will stop cheering as loudly as they were when the game started.

Bear in mind that I was responding to “The noise at Kyle will present a problem for them” and my meaning should be pretty clear. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The Aggies fans in attendance at Kyle Field when Texas curb stomps their football team will stop cheering as loudly as they were when the game started.

Bear in mind that I was responding to “The noise at Kyle will present a problem for them” and my meaning should be pretty clear. 

Why didn't you just say that man. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love how the narrative went from "They're fucked once they get into the SEC, the won't know how to handle not being the big bully who pushes everyone around" to "The sips own the refs and have all the power and have stacked the deck in their favor" in the span of...2 months. 

I mean as we speak, they have both the "sips will lose a few over the season, the SEC schedule is a meat grinder they aren't ready for" and the "sips are so lucky they have the easiest schedule in SEC history" narratives running in the same thread at the same time.

Also, bonus points for the "they're in for a rude awakening when UGA comes to town" and "we're the only thing standing in their way of an undefeated cakewalk to the playoffs" set of arguments.   

Why flip flop when you can just present diametrically opposed arguments simultaneously?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

aggie crowd will? The aggie crowd will shut up and stop with their conspiracy and luck takes if Texas dominates and aggie goes off the rails. Both are coming, the aggie's never shut up. Ever.

Want to make a wager on that on whether or not they shut up if Texas is dominating?

On this different definition of “crowd,” they have a couple of great conversations going over there. In one, Bowling Green is a real threat and definitely a team that can beat them. In another, Texas has no chance against them. 

• Haha 2

Good god, aggy’s incessant mantra of “Texas seems good, but they have yet to experience the SEC grind” reminds me of the Bill Hicks Desert Storm bit about how the US Forces are rolling, “but have yet to face the elite Republican Guard.”  Sure, the players are big, fast, and strong, but so is Texas. And it’s still college football. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, linux said:

There was an agroid taking credit about the SEC grind and our injuries despite not playing a single SEC team yet, the jokes write themselves.

Ags can't even stay healthy through the Southland Conference FCS grind, they've got no business talking about the SEC.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I did. It seemed like connecting “they” to “[the people making] the noise at Kyle” was pretty straightforward, but I was mistaken. 

Please remember you're dealing with an admitted and acknowledged full regarder. I thought we'd cleared that reality up already but perhaps I was mistaken. I apologize if so.