Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

20 minutes ago, nnm said:

Sorry.  Here.  Read it at your own pace.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3491756

It really is awesome seeing some of them grasp reality clearly, while trapped in that asylum with others. Some of the others kind of get it, but they’re always going to retreat to red ass when pressed. And then there are the pure red asses with not only the inability to grasp what they’re witnessing, and also, due to their worldview, incapable of grasping what they’re seeing even if they knew football, but also wholly convicted in their righteousness against those who dare to post otherwise. 

We’ve talked about all of this for a long time and it is all now on display so clearly. Cooper hid a lot of ugly on that defense. No one covering ATM or posting on their sites even vaguely bothered to examine this massive issue. @RomaVicta wrote more about it here than all of their write-ups combined. 

York is who he was ranked as - a 3 star who should be really turning conference heads in the Sun Belt. He’s a terrible option as a starting LB in P4. 

The only thing we’ve really collectively missed on in examining ATM heading into the season is Nick Scourton. They hyped him out of the spring game and he had a great season last year at Purdue. Thus far, he hasn’t done shit at ATM in the 2024 season. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 of aggy’s next 4 are against competent passing teams. Their schedule really is dogshit, and again based on the SEC’s scheduling formula, well earned after sucking in the SEC for a decade. 

If they keep Reed as the starter, 8-4 is plausible, but they’ll have to win every game they’re favored in. 

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The only thing we’ve really collectively missed on in examining ATM heading into the season is Nick Scourton. They hyped him out of the spring game and he had a great season last year at Purdue. Thus far, he hasn’t done shit at ATM in the 2024 season. 

He’s been good against the run, but his pass rush is nonexistent. He doesn’t have any explosiveness this year, and he looks very overweight. He was listed at 6’4, 280 lbs last year at Purdue. He looks a lot more like 3 bills this year. Maybe some of those reports about how much weight their roster gained actually were true. Moffit’s training their roster like it’s 1999.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s been very good against the run, but his pass rush is nonexistent. He doesn’t have any explosiveness this year, and he looks very overweight. He was listed at 6’4, 280 lbs last year at Purdue. He looks a lot more like 3 bills this year. Maybe some of those reports about how much weight their roster gained actually were true. Moffit’s training their roster like it’s 1999.

TexAgs podcasters are crying every week that he’s being held on every play and triple teamed. 

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Beg to differ…..he’s collecting a bigger paycheck for not doing shit at ATM.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I thought he had a great game against Notre Dame. I'd say he was a key factor in the Aggies being close. I expected to see that monster all year, but maybe he got one of the greenest of the Notre newbies on the line.

In what I've watched since that game, his name comes up just a few times a game.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

TexAgs podcasters are crying every week that he’s being held on every play and triple teamed. 

Why do you know this? I have always suspected that you are actually an aggie, and this kind of cements it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

wrong donald trump Best Sound Alert Memes

I click on the screen shot and even at 500% zoom, it still is unreadable.

Are you using chrome on the desktop? click the image twice, you can even click it 3 times for best clarity.

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I thought he had a great game against Notre Dame. I'd say he was a key factor in the Aggies being close. I expected to see that monster all year, but maybe he got one of the greenest of the Notre newbies on the line.

In what I've watched since that game, his name comes up just a few times a game.

Notre Dame was definitely his best game, but he was also going up against a true freshman in his first ever start with a QB who holds the ball forever. He hasn’t been anywhere near as good as he was last year. 

50 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s been good against the run, but his pass rush is nonexistent. He doesn’t have any explosiveness this year, and he looks very overweight. He was listed at 6’4, 280 lbs last year at Purdue. He looks a lot more like 3 bills this year. Maybe some of those reports about how much weight their roster gained actually were true. Moffit’s training their roster like it’s 1999.

100% Moffitt put on too much weight with this team, but Elko also literally directed that. It cracks me up. 

I think the guy gets drafted and reshapes his body for the combine if he’s smart. It’s just kind of absurd that they fucked it up even with this guy. I guess he could still go on a run with what they have in front of them. 

44 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He’s not though. Watch the Bowling Green footage if you want to debunk that claim for yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sark has done a good job with all brakes in these games to stop us from score 70 multiple times.  But if there’s one game I can donate to that sark will keep all the starters in until the final whistle it’s aggy. The goal should be a modern record for yards and points. Going for 2 after every TD. Onside kicks in the 4th. A 75 point win would be something these fuckers will literally never ever recover from. 

I agree about running up the score but it has to be pretty demoralizing to see the other team (up by 40) with their 2nd stringers in and still running all over you. Put them in but continue running offense.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sark has done a good job with all brakes in these games to stop us from score 70 multiple times.  But if there’s one game I can donate to that sark will keep all the starters in until the final whistle it’s aggy. The goal should be a modern record for yards and points. Going for 2 after every TD. Onside kicks in the 4th. A 75 point win would be something these fuckers will literally never ever recover from. 

Sark: "Excuse me, Mr. Referee. Can we stop the clock on every play? We want to see if we can get to 120."

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This was my favorite exchange. Reality-based aggy makes objective and accurate observation on struggling position groups supported by facts. First response is "this is just wrong" with zero supporting data. 

Screenshot (13).png

No shit.  Braxton might as well have said "Nuh uh!"  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

And then we could all write letters to the aggies for being such gracious and wonderful hosts.

• Haha 2

If the season goes as I think it will by the time we get to the A&M game it won’t mean jack shit for us as we’ll already have a spot in the SEC title game. Will be interesting to see how we approach that game in that case.

But, come Thanksgiving, according to aggy they will be hitting all 4-cyl and kicking ass.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If the season goes as I think it will by the time we get to the A&M game it won’t mean jack shit for us as we’ll already have a spot in the SEC title game. Will be interesting to see how we approach that game in that case.

Sarkisian has been told to deliver a similar beatdown we gave to Tech on our way out. We are going to beat the shit out of them. I think Sarkisian wants to send a similar message to Venables and ou after the sign stealing shenagins from last year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Can you refresh my memory here?

I don’t remember there being a specific incident but Venables is known for being well versed at decoding signals in game

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/football/ohio-state-football-acutely-aware-of-clemson-stealing-signs

it will be interesting to see how in helmet communication changes things

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

IMG_6371.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It really is awesome seeing some of them grasp reality clearly, while trapped in that asylum with others. Some of the others kind of get it, but they’re always going to retreat to red ass when pressed. And then there are the pure red asses with not only the inability to grasp what they’re witnessing, and also, due to their worldview, incapable of grasping what they’re seeing even if they knew football, but also wholly convicted in their righteousness against those who dare to post otherwise. 

We’ve talked about all of this for a long time and it is all now on display so clearly. Cooper hid a lot of ugly on that defense. No one covering ATM or posting on their sites even vaguely bothered to examine this massive issue. @RomaVicta wrote more about it here than all of their write-ups combined. 

York is who he was ranked as - a 3 star who should be really turning conference heads in the Sun Belt. He’s a terrible option as a starting LB in P4. 

I think one interesting illustration of their general mindset, versus ours, is how we reacted to our big transfers. Scourton was already pencilled in as a 1st round draft pick for a decent season at Purdue, and we were just cautiously optimistic about Moore. Even when we heard good things in practice, we didn't crown him a first round draft pick. When we started hearing about Isiah Bond dropping balls, we didn't dismiss any of that shit. But every transfer they've taken is a net upgrade, to them, meanwhile we're generally speaking from Missouri on everything, because we try to evaluate things based on data, and not our fee fees. 

3 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Why do you know this? I have always suspected that you are actually an aggie, and this kind of cements it. 

He just goes there for the politics. 

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

nah_bruh.thumb.png.9ee94a02fc598d6a57fbd1ea36a47d9a.png

Weigman legit looks like a chubby kid there. Not a collegiate athleye. 

16 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

I don’t remember there being a specific incident but Venables is known for being well versed at decoding signals in game

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/football/ohio-state-football-acutely-aware-of-clemson-stealing-signs

it will be interesting to see how in helmet communication changes things

I mean, in helmet communication doesn't mean we still shouldn't whip his ass for his lifetime of histrionic bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Sarkisian has been told to deliver a similar beatdown we gave to Tech on our way out. We are going to beat the shit out of them. I think Sarkisian wants to send a similar message to Venables and ou after the sign stealing shenagins from last year.

I get it, but if the game is meaningless to us, it ain’t worth the injury risk. Although I think we could start our entire second string and still beat them handily.

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I get it, but if the game is meaningless to us, it ain’t worth the injury risk. Although I think we could start our entire second string and still beat them handily.

In what world do you live in where they aggy game is ever meaningless to us?

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

In what world do you live in where they aggy game is ever meaningless to us?

In a world where I don’t have an Aggie-like mind. Our goal this season is winning the championship, not beating Aggie. If we are guaranteed a spot in the SEC title game prior to the Aggie game then the game is essentially meaningless and based on how this season has gone thus far I don’t think we should risk injury going all out to beat the shit out of Aggie just for bragging rights when it could possibly derail our chance at winning a championship. Fuck that game if it doesn’t count for anything and fuck Aggie too. I’ll find humor in that game meaning everything to them and nothing to us.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

In a world where I don’t have an Aggie-like mind. Our goal this season is winning the championship, not beating Aggie. If we are guaranteed a spot in the SEC title game prior to the Aggie game then the game is essentially meaningless and based on how this season has gone thus far I don’t think we should risk injury going all out to beat the shit out of Aggie just for bragging rights when it could possibly derail our chance at winning a championship. Fuck that game if it doesn’t count for anything and fuck Aggie too. I’ll find humor in that game meaning everything to them and nothing to us.

It does count for something, though. And crushing the skull of an in-state conference team isn’t just bragging rights. 

Sarkisian has his eye on a championship and preserving and building depth, but you can bet your ass he won’t be following your thought process here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

57 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Perception wise, not showing up against an in state recruiting rival, resuming a rivalry after over a decade apart, and starting your 3rd stringers beccause you've got a chance at a national title run later in the year is a bad message to recruits, a bad message to fans, and a bad message to our own players. Fuck no. 

You play your starters for a half and go up appropriately and yank everyone. 

So basically you agree. Cool.

Some of you are adding your own context and arguing a points I’m not making. 

Edited by SarkAfterDark
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I want to beat Venable's ass for this crap too.

On3 on X: "Brent Venables posed with Danny Stutsman to help promote his new  NIL tshirts🔥 "Oklahoma only fears God. Texas fears Oklahoma"  https://t.co/HuAhQOWGjr https://t.co/xsdzKj9wLI" / X

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

100% Moffitt put on too much weight with this team, but Elko also literally directed that. It cracks me up.

Interesting about Elko directing it. A few thoughts:

• Elko bought into the SEC grind and line-of-scrimmage league myth and decided to go with increasing muscle mass and weight not to lose at the point of attack by sheer virtue of tonnage.
  • Bringing in undersized guys from lesser conferences to fill holes left by actual SEC starter required a desperate plan to make them physically competitive.
  • Moffitt is a washed up relic of those days of non-passing SEC teams and doesn't have a clue about prescribing different conditioning, eating, and lifting to fit such a variety of players.

As with so many aspects of Elko's regime so far, he doesn't have the gravity (metaphorical not specific) to draw a first rate staff that might be interested in taking over at A&M and seeing what they can make of it. He raided the fucking Florida staff and couldn't hold onto one of the guys he seduced away.

Elko stands facing an abyss with hurricane force winds building up behind him. By the time they get to us on the schedule, we'll have returned to role of being the only game their fans are desperate to win. It will also be the game that sends Elko and the Aggies into a death spiral. 

They should have hired Stoops just for the name value and experience. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're glad they didn't. It's not that we need to fear Stoops; it's just the show of watching Aggie delusion shatter over the tough, culture guy who gets A&M will be better with Elko.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Actually, I don't agree, based on your exact quote and my exact response below:

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Perception wise, not showing up against an in state recruiting rival, resuming a rivalry after over a decade apart, and starting your 3rd stringers beccause you've got a chance at a national title run later in the year is a bad message to recruits, a bad message to fans, and a bad message to our own players. Fuck no. 

You play your starters for a half and go up appropriately and yank everyone. 

To start, the game will never "Not count for anything." The second part, you implied that losing the game doesn't matter at all, which would mean rolling over or starting our third stringers to risk injury. If that ISN"T what you meant, fine, but I fail to see how you reconcile if the game isn't an early buttfucking, and it ends up competitive, at some point we should pull our starters to not risk injury versus finishing a close game with our starters.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'm not trying to give you shit, but you said that (1) our goal isn't beating A&M, (2) the game is meaningless if we've already secured our spot in the CCG, and (3) that we shouldn't risk injury just for "bragging rights" - have I got that correct? 

I vehemently disagree with all of that. I want to win championships AND beat the shit out of our rivals. A season where we win the SEC but lose to OU and A&M is tainted and will taste bittersweet at best. I get that rivalries don't matter as much to some people, but it is hardly an "Aggie-like" mindset to heavily weigh beating one's rivals as an important goal for the season. And that's before I even get into the importance a win has for recruiting and fund raising. 

I don't want to make assumptions, but are you young? That's the only reason I can think of why a Texas fan would downplay the significance of beating A&M. I'm not old old, but I'm old enough to remember playing A&M in the early 1990's when we were down and they were up. It fucking sucked. A person whose football memory doesn't include experiencing a loss to A&M can't full appreciate how insufferable they can be. 

• Hook 'Em 5