Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

I had the misfortune to see this atrocity at the co-op the other day:

2201010057-White-30.jpg?resizeid=5&resiz

https://www.universitycoop.com/Texas-Longhorns-All-Schools-SEC-Hat?quantity=1&custcol_coop_coloroption_gm=5

As did I and my first thought was, “the Surly Crew is probably laughing their asses off at this thing”.

I wasn’t wrong.😂

24 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Did the aggies even call Deboer before they hired Elko?  It may have been mentioned elsewhere but I havent seen it. 

They did ,he said no emphatically. Problem with aggy job for name coaches is THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS is the job you want in Texas. That’s the job you can build a dynasty and not have to live in a shithole. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Did the aggies even call Deboer before they hired Elko?  It may have been mentioned elsewhere but I havent seen it. 

Yeah, aggys pissed DeBoer had no interest😋

Washington's Kalen DeBoer denies he had any interest in the open Texas A&M job this year      Kunt Bowels AAS   December 31, 2023

NEW ORLEANS — Washington head football coach Kalen DeBoer debunked any thoughts on Sunday that he even considered interviewing for the then-open Texas A&M head coaching job that went to Duke’s Mike Elko.

Asked what if any level of interest he had in the Aggies job or vice versa, DeBoer struggled to find the right words and told the American-Statesman, “That’s not even a thing.”

When a reporter said that he had heard the Huskies' second-year coach had checked in with SEC coaches to ask about the A&M job, DeBoer discounted that and shook his head no.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/football/2023/12/31/kalen-deboer-washington-coach-texas-am-job-refuse-rumor-huskies-cfp-sugar-bowl-college/72073008007/

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

They did ,he said no emphatically. Problem with aggy job for name coaches is THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS is the job you want in Texas. That’s the job you can build a dynasty and not have to live in a shithole. 

He strenuously objected? 

Good stuff.  I guess if he was tired of coaching he could have gone there for one last payday and only have to fulfill half his contract time but all the money. The West Virginia hick is smarter than all the aggies, or at least his agent is.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

He strenuously objected? 

Good stuff.  I guess if he was tired of coaching he could have gone there for one last payday and only have to fulfill half his contract time but all the money. The West Virginia hick is smarter than all the aggies, or at least his agent is.  

The problem aggy has and will never admit ,except a few 2%ers, is that the reason they can’t have sustained success is because Texas is down the street. And when Texas is going it kills any momentum and recruiting pipelines to the best players who want to win. They’re closer to tortilla tech than UT. When they figure that out they might be on to something, but that will never happen. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don’t know if this is the right spot, but Jimbo goes on a 2 minute tangent about cheating and tampering and it is dripping with irony.

Holy shit that's rich. At the 1:36 mark, "There were teams that were NIL before NIL was popular."

I've been listening to Jimbo a little bit on their SXM show. It's pretty hilarious. He's going 1000 miles per hour and poor Hester and Manuel can't get a word in edgewise. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Duke side of the story was pretty funny, too, with Stoops getting picked, Elko giving a Leo DiCaprio style "I'm not fucking leaving" rah rah speech to Blue Devil team and his assistants, and then getting the A&M call and literally slinking out onto a private jet at midnight with the only two guys who would follow him after that communications disaster.

First the Jimbo firing, then it's Stoops,  then Elko and the coup de grace, Scloss. I didn't want the music to end, it was beautiful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dewey said:

First the Jimbo firing, then it's Stoops,  then Elko and the coup de grace, Scloss. I didn't want the music to end, it was beautiful. 

Oh don't worry, it never ends.  That's what the aggie thread on the main board is all about.  Hilarity and joy is their gift to us, and they give it so freely.

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Duke side of the story was pretty funny, too, with Stoops getting picked, Elko giving a Leo DiCaprio style "I'm not fucking leaving" rah rah speech to Blue Devil team and his assistants, and then getting the A&M call and literally slinking out onto a private jet at midnight with the only two guys who would follow him after that communications disaster.

Yeah when their new guy did it to Duke it was good bull, and when Schloss did it to TCU it was good bull, but when Schloss did it to them, all hell broke loose.  They are some whiney bitches no doubt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The main decision maker was friends with Fisher and friends with Elko. This came through supporting them in the bag game and going on trips and such with them. As it became clear, in their minds, that Fisher had to go, the money had veto rights since they were footing the buyouts.

Bjorn/Bjork promised a big name. No one was interested. DeBoer didn’t even take a call with them. Bjorn/Bjork felt like Stoops was a big name and did the deal without checking on the veto. Liucci hated the deal and was buddies with both the money and Elko. Stoops was nixed while flying down. The Elk was then trumpeted as their big boy hire and then spin began. 

I'm guessing the money you're referring to has the same last name as a former president.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I'm guessing the money you're referring to has the same last name as a former president.

Fillmore?

TexAgs was full of speculation about some alum who is successful in the NFL. Maybe they'd settle for Dabo. Deboer wasn't even the first choice of their delusions.

William kept telling them that somebody big was in the works. Then:

image.png.48b8c92179bb4c3846c173e1e2138943.png

HOWDY!

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Not that they would have appreciated and given Stoops enough time, but I suspect time is going to show this was a massive misstep 

Stoops wouldn't have won anything there either

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Fillmore?

TexAgs was full of speculation about some alum who is successful in the NFL. Maybe they'd settle for Dabo. Deboer wasn't even the first choice of their delusions.

William kept telling them that somebody big was in the works. Then:

image.png.48b8c92179bb4c3846c173e1e2138943.png

HOWDY!

Technically , he is big