Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

13 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I feel like this thread along with access to aggy message boards could provide amazing case studies for psychology students. 

Don't leave out the Anthropology Department!

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

It is a bit odd for people to write in this thread that aggies are obsessed with us when we have a thread with over half of a thousand pages devoted to their thoughts and our opinions of their thoughts. 

It is also a bit humorous when opposing views are highlighted and contradictory when there is no citation of the posts being made by the same poster. 

Lastly, bringing up posts that appear to be possibly a troll job and then mocking those posts as indicative of what all aggies believe is a tad cringe. Yes, I find them entertaining, but that doesn’t mean that I believe that they are 100% honest posts of raving morons. So…

…I am glad that you included our obsessive mocking of these walking stupid in College Station - as well as their alums and t-shirt fans around the (flat?) globe 🌎 - in your proposed psychology syllabuses (“syllabi”?).

Nappy B. approves.

1. This thread isn't a graduate thesis or dissertation.

2. I doubt anyone here would deny they're obsessed with the Aggies. I am. It's like knowing your stalker who thinks you, just by your choice of university, are effeminate, entitled, dishonest, toxic, and pretty much devil-spawn. Their obsession is different than mine. I don't sacrifice reality to it.

3. I'm actually careful about preferring to quote posts from AgTags or posts that reflect one of their parroted mantras about tu. You just about can't quote a single post on TexAgs that will not be duplicated multiple times by other Aggies.

4. Quoting the rare unique take on TexAgs is justified by it being absurdly funny or outrageously irony-deaf or just plain dumb. I've never seen such a post claiming, "this is proof of what they all think!" I also include Aggie posts that are smart or funny. The same posts are captured in @Longhornfrenzy's essential dragnets.

5. We generally recognize that those we ridicule are redass TexAgs rather than their growing percentage of 2%ers.

6. Back to the grad student thing. Grad student thinking and writing are high-end threats to language and thought to complement sportswriters'/sportscasters' low-end threat to same.

Grad school seems to cultivate dry repetitive language used by students fearful of breaking the template. The endeavor to exercise the mind through freedom to pursue a single topic ironically forces most of those minds down a narrow road of ticket punching at the end of which they have a paper so dry and useless that it may as well turn to dust in the hand.

Years of dedication to that seem to cause atrophy of the imagination, wit, and since of irony. Graduate student style writing (connectedness instead of connection,  for example) is dead as shit when brought to either the public or private sector. It's maybe my main jihad as a professional.

Don't let this happen to you.

Written without rancor.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 7

13 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

When we beat uga we are just lucky we caught uga on a down year.  You know winning by 10 over miss state and giving up 31 to a team we skull fucked will shift that goal post nicely 

"Texas caught MSU looking ahead to UGA. Classic trap game that unfairly helped the sips."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

Texas is gonna crater aggy this year and the best part is them not seeing/rationalizing it until it happens. When the smoke clears it’ll be a bunch of excuses, anything but their history is failure. Maybe we’ll read about how their new big 12 alignment will be so much better than the sec, sec, sec ever was. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Imagine a world where you think the Manning family orchestrated the Texas and OU move to the SEC…2 or 3 years before Manning even committed to UT. 

Then imagine a world where ANY media outlet other than The Eagle considers Texas a Liberal school. 

Counter subconscious espionage?
  • Like 1

The loss to Notre Dame just means more than the Texas win against Michigan in the Big House.  In fact, when aggy loses at home to Texas, they will have lost at least twice to ranked teams.  As of today, there's no way the playoff selection committee can look at an undefeated Texas without a quality Notre Dame loss.      

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

“You’d think 10 years of mediocrity would teach them not to be so cocky”…. But here we are with a bunch of aggys making plans to go to Atlanta for the SEC championship game because they beat a god awful and overrated mizzou team. Their lack of insight knows no bounds.

As always with them, every accusation is a confession.

• Like 3