Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

In retrospect, I’m really glad that Boston College and Vanderbilt failed to beat Missouri. 

Kinda disappointed that we're going to play them after the rollercoaster derails. It's approaching its zenith.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cochamps said:

You mean the one where they lost to the team that lost to Northern Illinois?  Yeah that's a quality loss alright.  Kind of like that awesome win over Bowling Green.

6 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Hey man, that 2-4 MAC team would give most P5 teams trouble. Bowling Green’s got hands!

Seniors! Bowling Green had seniors!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Let's ignore the fact that our "trajectory" began two years ago, when we were in the Big-12, and that, as a member of the Big-12, we were one play away from the national championship game last year. 

Sankey.jpg

Our trajectory began around the time that aggy announced to the world that we'd be coming to the SEC. 

The perception of the SEC had essentially become reality, and there were definitely recruits who bought the negative recruiting against the Big XII and wouldn't have given us the time of day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.1f1fbb3690c6a5114c5312a660eb83f7.png

I've been writing letters to complete strangers trying to make them believe we're a juggernaut. I'm sure everybody else around here is making calls, writing letters, accosting people on the street, and blowing up twitter.

Aggie lie:

image.png.0f8e37d00bea9d1316dcc1739c1d86b2.png

Becomes Aggie fact:

image.png.684e4421027e5b0dce989b79d9dae138.png

image.png.4b955d008e2d7617f62320f35671cb4b.png

image.png.dabe29fbfd1dcb276f1afbba662c0768.png

Maybe you should tone down your office door.

image.png.031be63430a04762d01dd6ccabfc7215.png

Damn, this might the best aggy snippet ever.  I love how they were saying blowu would be trouble for us, then immediately pivot to how bad blowu is.  Because we won that game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Damn, this might the best aggy snippet ever.  I love how they were saying blowu would be trouble for us, then immediately pivot to how bad blowu is.  Because we won that game. 

They'll do the exact same thing after the Horns beat Georgia on Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Montana State 38 Idaho 7

Oregon 24 Idaho 14

They’ll deepthroat Oregon because they’re not Texas but if Texas had beaten fucking Idaho by 10 at home, not one of them would ever shut up about it. 

I went and saw Idaho play Abilene Christian when I was in Abilene dove hunting.  Idaho won by 3 points.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Honestly, that tweet from Pancakes McClain is the perfect coup de grace for our time in the Big 12. Schools like his alma mater, Baylor, gravy-trained on Texas for years. They got fatter checks then they deserved because of their association with the big boys. And all along, they bitched about Texas, made snide remarks about Texas, and nipped at our heels like little bitches.

Now that Texas is free of the Baylors of the world, and money can be spent over the table, it warms my dark heart to see bitchy fat bears whining about the state of play. Enjoy irrelevancy, assholes! 128,000 people watched Baylor and Air Force in week three on FS1, and you can guarantee that a majority of them were Air Force graduates. During the same week 1.48 million watched Texas play UT freaking SA.

image.gif.876b0b48ce10217c331c8e7c6262de52.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Our trajectory began around the time that aggy announced to the world that we'd be coming to the SEC. 

The perception of the SEC had essentially become reality, and there were definitely recruits who bought the negative recruiting against the Big XII and wouldn't have given us the time of day. 

I personally didn’t give a shit with most of our schedule. Who gets excited to visit Waco, Stillwater, Lubbock, Manhattan…. Regardless of whether or not the teams we were playing were good, it was hard as a football fan to give a shit. 

33 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Meant CUE. I’ve lived in SA the last 15 years and see/hear a lot of words with “Q,” but it’s still my bad!

Hook’em!!!

Oh no harm no foul, I just couldn't pass on the cheap bilingual pun I used to point out the spelling issue. None of us has time to proof our posts to perfection.

• Hook 'Em 1

They are already attempting to craft dual narratives that will prevent them from having to acknowledge that we might be talented.

1) If we win, then it's obvious that Georgia isn't the same Georgia that usually exists and those damned sips are lucky that the league is having a down year (except for those fighting aggies of course!  every SECSECSEC win is proof that Elko and crew are championship material WHOOP!)

2) If Georgia wins, it's obvious that Texas just can't handle being in the SECSECSEC

It's wild to watch true masters of their craft at work in real time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The sips are so lucky. I wonder if the SEC will even bother having a champion in these down times. 

IMG_2745.jpeg

This is a perfectly succinct example of two of the Aggies' favorite rhetorical shams: (1) they love to borrow the success of better teams in the conference and associate it with themselves. It wasn't "the SEC" that won 13 national championships in 17 seasons - pretty sure that was teams like Bama, Georgia, and Florida. (2) No matter which conference we're in or who is on our schedule, it will never be "good enough" for A&M. Even if we're in the same fucking conference and they're literally on the schedule, they will create whatever facts they need to establish that we play a soft schedule and they play a hard schedule. Even if we played the exact same fucking teams, A&M would surely be catching those teams while they're peaking, while we play the same teams at a low point. It's honestly impressive. 

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

This will be a fun game for the Agroids.  MSU payed well against Georgia and respectable against us.  Aggie will go in thinking they will win by 30 coming off their upset of Mizzou. I think MSU will win.  I think their defense will shut down their running game and Weigman will be forced to make decisions. The meltdown will be fantastic and so on par for the start of the downward Aggies rollercoaster season.

i do love the fact that now that we are in the SEC, the league isn’t as good and all the teams are underachieving.  You truly can’t make up the shit that Aggies say and believe. 

Unfortunately, I think A&M will win this year. But I do love how the Aggies always pencil in the MSU game as a win on their schedule when they have lost 6 out of the last 10 games against MSU. It's amazing how they measure their history in terms of aspirations and potential, rather than actual performance. 

22 minutes ago, Basil said:

maxresdefault.jpg

3d6881845bfa725f56dc57bf8d9d4ca84189706a

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Even if we played the exact same fucking teams, A&M would surely be catching those teams while they're peaking, while we play the same teams at a low point. It's honestly impressive. 

It’s even worse. Through some manipulation of space time, they get credit for a peaking team, even if they played them at a low point. 

See, when Texas beats Alabama early and Alabama improves, Texas’ win must be diminished. 

When A&M beats Florida early and Florida improves, A&M’s win is only bolstered. 

They’re so batshit that I’m tempted to create an account to ask them why they get credit for beating later Florida even if previous Florida was bad, but Texas doesn’t get credit for beating later Alabama even if previous Alabama was good. 

But then I remember you can’t reason someone out of a position he didn’t reason himself into. 

IMG_6479.jpeg

• Like 1