Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Only way today is better is if Schloss says during presser that he was all set to stay but then that reporter asked the question at the presser about it and it pissed him off so much he decided right then and there he had to leave.

I’ve had a moment or two today to process, and hear me out, what if aggy had won the CWS?

If it’s this bad now (which is glorious), it could have been much much worse for the cult. On one hand, we would have to work through them winning a big one, yeah, no more 84 years… on the other hand, the Jim Jones incident would pale in comparison, both literally and figuratively.

I’ll shut up now and take my last sip of Bourbon for the night.
Only way today is better is if Schloss says during presser that he was all set to stay but then that reporter asked the question at the presser about it and it pissed him off so much he decided right then and there he had to leave.

ETA: damnit tapa!
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Then there are the heroes.  TexAgs guy who asked the question and what shot down by Schloss is Davy Crockett, defending the Alamo. He will not be forgotten. Looch knew the whole time but didn't say anything because he wanted to let the guys enjoy their national title run. He was close with Schloss, had the scoop, but wanted to let the aggies enjoy their moment. What a guy. So informed, but such a dyed-in-the-wool ag. Another hero.

Which one is Gap Kid?

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Yeah he’s a traitor, POS and wasn’t fully bought in. Even though he got within 1 out of winning it all and just because he took his dream job with his good buddy as his boss.

Fucking full blown imbeciles. And fan fic liars. Losers.

Yeah it's incredible. This man was a paid psy op, checked out in April, purposely tried to lose games, recruited players off the team, etc, and yet he's still your most successful coach in 85 years!? Like, do they not understand how absolutely pathetic their athletic department would be if that were the case? Inb4 'their program is pathetic!' and I get that, but they're taking it to a whole new level. They honestly believe Schloss was trying to lose and completely tear the program down - and yet he's their best coach in 85 years!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Geez. We hired a baseball coach. These pathetic drama queens make it sound like we betrayed Christ.

And we, alumni and fans, didn’t directly have anything to with it. He chose to part ways with Aggy and come to Texas. Them directing their venom at us is delicious. How long will this incredible Schlossenfreude last?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

So Aggies are going to go fully Philly on us?  Does that include eating cheese steaks, wiping the mess on your stained t-shirt and beating your spouse too?  They are going to throw shit at us and start fights!  All over their coach not wanting to stay at their school?  Makes total sense. I welcome the hate. For shits and giggles, I may get a stuffed collie and drag it behind my truck when I attend a game there.  That will show them!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

So Aggies are going to go fully Philly on us?  Does that include eating cheese steaks, wiping the mess on your stained t-shirt and beating your spouse too?  They are going to throw shit at us and start fights!  All over their coach not wanting to stay at their school?  Makes total sense. I welcome the hate. For shits and giggles, I may get a stuffed collie and drag it behind my truck when I attend a game there.  That will show them!

Maybe they’ll start pushing OUR sweet grandmas down stairs and cussing our innocent little burnt orange clad children. Oh noes, payback is gonna be a bitch! *clutches pearls*

Edited by Whitewater Horn
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Sure. They were close personal friends who he interviewed and sought stories from. He assumed they were good Ags like himself. All part of the Aggie family. He sends them invitations to his fucking wedding.

And Billy was “good friends” with Coach for 3 years. Yeah, Coach’s reaction to their fans against Portland tells me all I need to know about how he would feel about a grifting greaseball like Loochie. “Friends” is pretty unlikely. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Gordon Shumway said:

Great article. 

The Wall Street Journal's definition of Aggy

"That would’ve been devastating enough for a famously unstable fan base that already believes the school’s entire athletics operation is under the influence of an unbreakable curse."

It's absolutely clear that LSU has already picked up on their insanity. Pig was already familiar, as was the rest of the SWC/Big 12. They're going to be very well known for their oddity and freakishness across the country soon enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

Aggy had to know this was coming when Bjork left. The writing was on the wall. Alberts cost cutting measures just sealed the deal.

It's either a stepping stone place for younger coaches or a lucrative retirement gig for coaches that the sports has passed them by.

They will always have to overpay and over spend. They figured that out and adjusted their enrollment accordingly years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It's absolutely clear that LSU has already picked up on their insanity. Pig was already familiar, as was the rest of the SWC/Big 12. They're going to be very well known for their oddity and freakishness across the country soon enough.

Yep.  On SECrant, I was surprised as to how many of these two fanbases were taking our side and dragging aggy through the mud.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/26/2024 at 12:03 AM, linux said:

This was the tweet about the George Strait concert 9 days ago, Chris Park was one of the people fired months ago by Trev Alberts in their downsizing after the Jimbo

the stupid fuckers can't even use google: <largest concerts>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-attended_concerts

55 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And Billy was “good friends” with Coach for 3 years. Yeah, Coach’s reaction to their fans against Portland tells me all I need to know about how he would feel about a grifting greaseball like Loochie. “Friends” is pretty unlikely. 

What exactly happened in the Portland game?  I saw the clip but don't know the backstory.

11 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

The trev Alberts hire might be worse than the Jimbo hire 

Alberts is an asshole, sure.    But his cost cutting actions are just a symptom of the real problem.     The problem is John Sharp and his childish red-ass attitude the permeates the university that gave them the Jimbo contract and all the other well known fuck ups.      Until he and his ilk are rooted out of the university, it will be the same.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Olin butthurt & baylor folks love trashing Texas

Olin Buchanan: The Jim Schlossnagle to Texas Move Had Been in the Work For Several Weeks

Listen to this just for Olin's first syllables in his debut as a radio guest outside of Texags.

From 0:22 (silence to gather his formidable thoughts) Ummmm gosh uh I thought uh Iya Iya Iya I think that uh...tha- uh Jim Schlossnagle becomes the uh Texas A&M's version of... Judas! Um Brutus! Um Judas, Brutas and Schoss: They're like three of a kind....Um...Ack!...Ya know!..It's one thing......

26 seconds of riveting radio brought to you by a regard's regard. Seriously, it's gold.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn75 said:

Do those dumb fucks know they can get harassment charges if Schloss took that into legal matters?

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:

no, of course not

They would call him an unmanly coward for thinking of suing. The would do so with their inborn (inbred?) irony deafness.

And Aggies are sure it will endear them to the world once they are simply understood for how normal and decent and honorable they are.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1