Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This story in the Sopranos leads to one of my favorite lines. This very tough orthodox Jew takes beating after beating refusing to yield up his share in his in-law's business. Tony eventually comes and asks how and why the guy holds out.

"Almost 2,000 years ago, my people held out in the Massada against a Roman legion. They held out to the death. We're still here. Where are the Romans now?"

Tony leans in, "You're looking at 'em, asshole." And boom begins another beating.

Paulie wanted to put that Hebrew to work.  Said he was a bull.  Great episode.

Also love the interaction with Tony and dude's father in law (formerly, Morrie in Goodfellas)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This story in the Sopranos leads to one of my favorite lines. This very tough orthodox Jew takes beating after beating refusing to yield up his share in his in-law's business. Tony eventually comes and asks how and why the guy holds out.

"Almost 2,000 years ago, my people held out in the Massada against a Roman legion. They held out to the death. We're still here. Where are the Romans now?"

Tony leans in, "You're looking at 'em, asshole." And boom begins another beating.

I also loved:

"Paulie, if we don't kill this prick, we should put him to work.”

image.gif.557156743fe36123d50f26d7e40a4455.gif

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the stupid fuckers can't even use google: <largest concerts>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-attended_concerts

You criticize their googling, but I'm going to criticize your reading comprehension. The tweet says "largest concert in american history" which, when you click on the link you provided, corroborates that fact. It was the biggest concert in US history. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You criticize their googling, but I'm going to criticize your reading comprehension. The tweet says "largest concert in american history" which, when you click on the link you provided, corroborates that fact. It was the biggest concert in US history. 

Granted it was part of the tour and it was a much smaller stadium back then, the Eagles played in DKR back in 1995. So aggy is just doing something we already did 30 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 3

So, Mick Haley was the volleyball coach when I was in school. He really built the program, winning the conference regularly, and the NCAA once. After 17 years, he left to coach the national team. After a few years of that, he returned to college coaching, but at USC! Not Texas! Where he won a few more NcAA championships. 

If I were to meet the guy, I’d gladly shake his hand, wish him well and thank him for what he did for my school. 

Is there something wrong with me?

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

UF is an agricultural school and FSU is a bunch of liberals is... a unique framing of that specific rivalry.

It’s almost like the person who wrote this has never been to Gainesville or Tallahassee. I’m thinking they probably spend a lot of time in Bryan/College Station - which seems strange for a UF alum

016c951d-8267-435a-9e3c-5a93be588068_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This entire page of TexAg Aggie tears was almost too much for me:

https://texags.com/s/60230/white-there-was-just-no-relationship-with-schlossnagle-during-time-at-tcu

I am amazed they are mad that the emotional, non-relatable, control freak of a coach left.  According to this idiot, he’s not a likable person, the players don’t like him and he’s only looking for his next adventure.  Seems like we did the Aggies a solid. I think a little bit of gratitude is in order. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This entire page of TexAg Aggie tears was almost too much for me:

https://texags.com/s/60230/white-there-was-just-no-relationship-with-schlossnagle-during-time-at-tcu

image.png.45da6a55db52ada29aea494b3ebc569a.png

There seem to be a lot of players on the A&M team that seemed to be Aggies because Schlossnagle was there. He's gone. They're gone. Maybe they liked winning more than blaming other people for losing.

Father figure/bond? You sound kinda needy, bro. You need that Aggie family and crutch to get you through the hard times that everybody else calls life. You know your cornball audience.

Now, fuck off.

36 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I see his point...

University of Florida vs Aggy

image.png.27cdcf4d83e3963302034dba0350ac60.png  image.png

FSU vs Texas

image.png.5746a998b9d0e3c4616a83058226682f.png image.png.9d57999f5c33100eb659683914e8adb1.png

So A&M is 27% conservative, 37% moderate, and 24% liberal

UF is 17% conservative, 33% moderate, and 39% liberal (with the largest Very Liberal grouping of the four schools)

FSU is 14% conservative, 35% moderate, and 37% liberal

Texas is 7% conservative, 30% moderate, and 46% liberal.

UF and FSU are pretty much the same thing, in between the polarity of the two Texas schools. Hardly "UF is a good old ag school like you salt of the earth Texum Aggies!"

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Only 27% of aggy identifying as conservative has me questioning this entire dataset.

Damn 2(4)%ers!

If we say, lost Sark to OU at the end of last year, we would have been so pissed… at CDC, and we would have organized a very succinct internally focused firing squad. 

They lose their manager to us and they’re out there firing shotguns at raccoons in the middle of the night.  They are incapable of thought. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

They are incapable of thought. 

They have to externalize all failures. IT’s psychology 101. They can’t accept that their AD is a dipshit, their culture and fans are super weird or their town is a shithole so it must be the coach’s and evil tu’s fault.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Those bitches are coping so hard. There was one thread where some dumbfuck was losing his shit because Schloss used notecards at the presser. I don’t have time to find the thread right now, but I’m sure it is buried by a thousand other whiny, pathetic screeds.

There was another good one where the guy claimed that he was embarrassed and felt bad for Tennessee because Schloss’ throwing of the championship series “cheapened” their accomplishment…more so than insinuating the only way the Vols could win is if the aggies threw the game, I assume.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2024 at 6:57 AM, BigHornedLurker said:

What these gonads don't realize is they've created this beast that Texas is evil for the last hundred years. 

What's changed is CDC is the first AD we've had that is leaning into it instead of trying to convince people Texas is the good guy. 

So yes, all the things he's doing are to destroy the competition and lift up his Athletic Department. Thats his fucking job. That means we gutted Bama's Football staff so hard Saban finally said fuck it. That means we gutted one our rivals Baseball teams so bad its going to be a complete rebuild for them right before we walk into the SEC. 

Get to close to the sun , and we're going to shoot you out of the fucking sky. 

Texas A&M has flash money, and to be sure more than most. But they've blown their wad on Jimbo Fisher leaving them vulnerable, and we are going to make them pay dearly for it. 

OU and Piggy and the rest of the SEC better hope they don't end up with something we want too, CDC is going to find upgrades that have the largest impact on crushing his opponents and lifting his team. 

When ctj first called him "Crystal Conte," he was thinking like

220px-Krystal_Jung_at_the_2010_KBS_Gayo_

But what "Crystal Conte" really means is

106617565.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SamMan said:

There was another good one where the guy claimed that he was embarrassed and felt bad for Tennessee because Schloss’ throwing of the championship series “cheapened” their accomplishment…more so than insinuating the only way the Vols could win is if the aggies threw the game, I assume.

I mean they won game 1 and had a lead going into the 7th inning of game 2. If he was throwing the series, I don't think he realized it until he needed 9 outs to win the title.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1