Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

What in the shitty margarita is this?

In the fake Aggie letter seeking help on the writer's first visit to the greatest game day experience in the world, it was asked what were the best restaurants in College Station. The image was my response.

It's a Shitty Margaritaville of soulless chain restaurants

Edited by RomaVicta

I kept all 3 issues of DCTF with my name in them for years and years, then at some point my mom (not understanding the significance) either tossed them or sold them in a yard sale or something.

My fault for not taking them with me, but still...ffs mom!

Living at home is such a drag…..
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, ousux said:
On 8/1/2024 at 3:03 PM, SimkinsMan said:
Look, I'm not going to become really skeered of Aggy until they start to get muscular forearms. If that happens, we're burnt toast, baby.

Striated glutes is where I pull out the white surrender flag. If they get those we're done

Are we not doing 'phrasing' now?

Oh, and PM now this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Listen, what in the fuck did Outback Steakhouse ever do to you people to deserve this kind of derision?

I've never been, but I have a friend that swears their wings are some of the best restaurtant wings out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

I've never been, but I have a friend that swears their wings are some of the best restaurtant wings out there.

I worked there during college. I’ve always thought their wings were about as straightforward and terrific as you can find. 

Outside of their steaks, most of their food is still damned good in my opinion. Hell, their prime rib is still just fine too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I worked there during college. I’ve always thought their wings were about as straightforward and terrific as you can find. 

Outside of their steaks, most of their food is still damned good in my opinion. Hell, their prime rib is still just fine too. 

When I worked at OB, my favorite food hack was getting the dirty Mac.

My favorite though was the Queensland c&s. Not the best quality wise but rich and hit the right notes.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I worked at Outback one summer in high school. Will never forgot how after about 15 mins the cheese fries would harden up into a large coagulated pile of fat and grease. 

Who in the fuck lets delicious cheese fries sit around? Much less for 15 minutes?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who in the fuck lets delicious cheese fries sit around? Much less for 15 minutes?

Having worked in the service industry, I’m not even sure where to start. The moving Waiting is a documentary that keeps it clean.

Holy shit!

image.png.0ff45dda3185e75a4027ae6f3c099f14.pngimage.png.445ddc5229a8700e825d4ca9d1850d1e.png

1 image.png.7dc9e300636ba65577dbff12ebb326aa.png

image.png.3fa632b146939e845501b35020bdce26.png

Ok, that covers number one of four. Let's check out number 2 once we've digested number one. Okay, ready? Good!

2  image.png.1db67d7657684865e27bab1bc88c12f3.png

image.png.aaf6d9d5d53f8cc4da7afddd1f4d84f5.png

image.png.4945fe7b54896f6d734ae6611be281cf.png

image.png.2fa5ee7ea323356f73b4098a1ddbf50f.png

Boy, that's a lot of insight to take in. I may have to take a nap before proceeding.

3  image.png.b5ac84b42248b67d691fc0d3f1d9808b.png

image.png.2b09e95b92b681c43b1a5fa688378d1e.png

image.png.c2aeb7382f3e253ac15a87a8d1ac7fe7.png

On to point number 4. One trivial Aggie thing is that he announces 4 points then uses letters to distinguish them. It's the little things.

4  image.png.f2ff456142a239324edc1831add8d2ed.png

In summary:

A. Get really good players.

B. Get really really good players. Players with pop!

C. Get really really really good players. Impact players!

D. Ummm, be like Vanilla Ice and get it done. 

We better alert Sark that A&M has additional strategies besides having players practice, lift weights, and be cultured.

Doom.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Cheese Louise. 15 min.  You gouda be kidding me it wouldn’t last 5 min around me 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, ousux said:
Look, I'm not going to become really skeered of Aggy until they start to get muscular forearms. If that happens, we're burnt toast, baby.

Striated glutes is where I pull out the white surrender flag. If they get those we're done

If you’re seeing Aggie players’ striated glutes, then, well, I don’t know, but it’s not good. 

• Like 1

If you’re seeing Aggie players’ striated glutes, then, well, I don’t know, but it’s not good. 
With information minister Looch in charge, no need to see it for myself. I'm sure he will report every new ripple of aggy muscle.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

What the fuck is their weird boner for facilities, facilities, facilities?

The spent a literal fortune on things that mattered pre 2022, and now are stuck with those white elephants while NIL is #1 right now. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

23 hours ago, ousux said:

We’re done? I can’t even imagine the absolute ass beating Texas would lay down on aggy if they trotted out a team with striated glutes at 2% body fat.  They would be so physically cooked and mentally fucked from the process to get that lean.

We’re done? I can’t even imagine the absolute ass beating Texas would lay down on aggy if they trotted out a team with striated glutes at 2% body fat.  They would be so physically cooked and mentally fucked from the process to get that lean.
I know sarcasm is rare and almost unheard of on surly, but (time for loin girding here) it can and does appear from time to time.

4 hours ago, linux said:

The spent a literal fortune on things that mattered pre 2022, and now are stuck with those white elephants while NIL is #1 right now. 

Facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities is one of those things anybody can do if they have the money. In their heads, it provides an off the field victory that they can crow about. Somebody else might think, "you know, that quarter of a bil we spent on facilities didn't really bring in any revenue or elevate the program. Maybe we should rethink our investment strategy."

Not the redass Aggies. "Our facilities are second to none, but we're still lagging on recruiting, performance on the field, and ROI. What do we learn from this? We learn that we just haven't spent enough on our facilities to get the guaranteed results gold-plating always brings. HOWDY!"

They like it because their teams will ever be mediocre and irrelevant, but they can brag about their facilities. It's like their claim about halftimes being contests that they never lose. No scoring. No judging. No records. Their favorite situation for claiming victories.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Gimp said:

They don’t have championships, championships, championships?

"Hey, check out our smoothie bar! Yes, it's currently setting where a trophy should, but look how nice it looks! Don't worry about the lack of trophies, just worry about joining the cult, er, I mean team."

Somebody posted the highlights of their Cotton Bowl vs #11 OU and honestly I don't see the fucking hype for that team, like literally sandlot football, teams had trouble adjusting but the year later they went 9-4 when other teams did adjust. Honestly I can think of 5 Texas teams in the 21st century that could easily beat them just as long as they had good tape of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, linux said:

everyone has a new locker room

everyone has a new weight room

everyone has a new theatre

everyone has new position rooms, multimedia centers, offices, etc.

do they have a secret basement, like the underground meth lab in breaking bad?  is that where the best sheep are kept?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Instead of comparing 2005 usc to ancient armed forces of the past and pondering who would have won (Pete Carrol’s vs the mongols, Pete Carrol’s vs visigoths, Pete Carrol’s vs the Roman army, etc)…….nobody ever took the time to consider the future.

A much more dominant force was on our doorstep. College football would forever be altered by 2012 aggy football. People are still talking about that….checks notes…9-4 season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2012 aggy. Iff drops back throws a prayer evens catches it.  That’s their offense.   2005,2008,2009,2023 texas would skull fuck 2012 aggy up and and down the field and that games highlights would be used for every sexual assault prevention video 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Also, as has been pointed out many times, A&M took a Big 12 offense and team to the SEC which was still largely hostile to passing the ball. The SEC was surprised by the offense and JM eluding their rush complicated their adjustment. There would be no element of surprise in the Big 12 whose defenses were ready.

Manziel was fun as shit to watch. A&M turbo-hyperventilation over him was funny to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

everyone has a new locker room

everyone has a new weight room

everyone has a new theatre

everyone has new position rooms, multimedia centers, offices, etc.

do they have a secret basement, like the underground meth lab in breaking bad?  is that where the best sheep are kept?

One can't expect Aggies to grasp the law of diminishing returns.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Also, as has been pointed out many times, A&M took a Big 12 offense and team to the SEC which was still largely hostile to passing the ball. The SEC was surprised by the offense and JM eluding their rush complicated their adjustment. There would be no element of surprise in the Big 12 whose defenses were ready.

Manziel was fun as shit to watch. A&M turbo-hyperventilation over him was funny to watch.

But they smoked Oklahoma so ifso fatso

• Haha 1

Instead of comparing 2005 usc to ancient armed forces of the past and pondering who would have won (Pete Carrol’s vs the mongols, Pete Carrol’s vs visigoths, Pete Carrol’s vs the Roman army, etc)…….nobody ever took the time to consider the future.

A much more dominant force was on our doorstep. College football would forever be altered by 2012 aggy football. People are still talking about that….checks notes…9-4 season.

Two of those nine wins also include games against FCS schools. The year JM won the Heisman.

Hook’em!!!