Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

26 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

aggy is turning on the Fat Elk after week 1. Frankly I’m surprised, as ND was a decent team heading into Pyle for week 1. Ranked vs shouldn’t have been ranked is a tough loss at home, when it was a close game going into the waning minutes of the 4th. aggy is going to aggy, so I digress.

Hook’em!!!

they’ll be sucking their sweet life juice from his engorged teet once again after they finish off Mcneese. Elk should have enough to satisfy the entire aggy fanbase on one side so that looch never has to be knocked off the other.

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

IMG_0245.jpeg

They'll be extremely lucky if Elko ends up like Sherman. Sherman was about the best case scenario for them as a head coach so of course they kicked him to the curb because he wasn't shiny enough for their new conference.

He recruited Sumlin's good team and had their OL rolling. Fucking morons.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

aggy is turning on the Fat Elk after week 1. Frankly I’m surprised, as ND was a decent team heading into Pyle for week 1. Ranked vs shouldn’t have been ranked is a tough loss at home, when it was a close game going into the waning minutes of the 4th. aggy is going to aggy, so I digress.

Hook’em!!!

The roller coaster is one straight drop this year.

Giant_Drop_-_Dreamworld.thumb.jpg.aa7d9dcecb1ec3a4a8320e0873f802a4.jpg

• Haha 4

If the fanbase could handle a few rebuilding seasons, I actually think Elko could build them back to a decent program. Thankfully, Billy and co. promise a “natty” every year and eliminate the possibility of any grace period. We are about to put them in the dirt for a decade and it’s so fucking awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

If the fanbase could handle a few rebuilding seasons, I actually think Elko could build them back to a decent program. Thankfully, Billy and co. promise a “natty” every year and eliminate the possibility of any grace period. We are about to put them in the dirt for a decade and it’s so fucking awesome. 

Maybe. I don’t know if we have enough information to really believe that. We know the guy is a decent recruiter with a bag in his hands and we know he’s an excellent X’s and O’s guy, but that’s about all of the information we really have. 

There’s a tendency here and elsewhere to lump Elko into the buckets of program builder or talent developer. I think it’s because he’s been touted as such for Duke and by Liucci and Pate.  

Duke looks like a mirage. He beat an overrated Clemson and then little else in the way of P4 programs with a winning record. We’ve heard stories about some sort of magical 8 month culture shift at ATM but there’s no evidence of that. I guess less guys have gotten arrested?

As to the talent developer side, there’s actually evidence against that. Leal and Jaylon Jones were drafted below recruiting rankings after starting for most of their time on campus. The Elk was there for both of their time on campus. We didn’t see a lot of other diamonds in the rough get developed and move on to the pros either. Are guys getting better year over year in the groups that he coaches? 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I never realized just how small York was....couple that with being slow.

York might be the most overrated player on their roster. He was embarrassed against ND. 

1) He was pancaked like this several times. 

2) The big touchdown play was primarily his fault getting worked in space. 

Edgerrin Cooper masked a lot of deficiencies last year with York. Cooper is a legit stud. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Edgerrin Cooper masked a lot of deficiencies last year with York. Cooper is a legit stud. 

Absolutely. I don't have the great eye for seeing what happens in real time during a play. Guys like Cooper (and Scourton for that matter) make you see them. Cooper was a monster for them last year.

Odd thing is, Aggie writers in the off-season rarely mentioned what a loss he would be. They were already starting the cult of scrappy and wise Taurean York. I never noticed him last year, and I've been basically following the narrative about him supported by guys around here.

Saturday, I never heard York's name nor saw him in on a play. It was so obvious that I or a caveman could make note. He's done nothing to make me hate him, so I sort of feel for a guy who just can't quite get it done and knows it. There are strange advantages to being Leon O'Neal.

Side note:

I googled O'Neal to be sure I had his name correct. Noted this:

image.png.6bfa15b21d63870fcaf46fc9b5051bee.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Noon yesterday. This Aggie starts a new thread filled with new revelations and keen insight never before voiced by human or fowl.

image.png.b850f0be9e9ca5f3ae4fc2e70338c220.png

image.png.3f7700e7c83d47c6f728d47d4b2b04f9.png

This parrot adds a growing Aggie Fact about conspiracy, fear, and loathing.

image.png.70579db1b0adaa6cd70b5177a3ffe0ba.png

Second verse with new conspiracy
image.png.8e679654960cd3c0aa5fb791eb7ff37f.png

Third verse with assumption that all are agreed on a political position (most actually are over there):

image.png.91be36e4a532760d38946292dd051685.png

Something fresh, but that's due to stupidity in application of Parrot Principles. One imagines the Aggie asleep at his insurance office, his face almost glued to the desktop with spittle. A few bars of the manly War Hymn alert him that there's a new post on Texags. He jolts awake and immediately thinks of the new era of NIL occurring in whatever Modern Era of college football the Aggies have most recently defined:

image.png.ea318c67146b5bf20e4691f73d6e646f.png

What can be more convincing support of an assertion than elipses?

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It is a good reminder that many of the people claiming Elko was the next big thing aren’t actually informed enough to even know what he looks like and just parrot what Liucci, etc. tell them.

They seem to know what he looks like now. 

10 hours ago, linux said:

Turning on the Elk happened fast because they really expected a good season this year, I know it is stupid, I know it is dumb, but that was really their expectation when he was hired, remember they bent over backwards to keep their talent and that recruiting class from transfering. See E-Rob staying as head coach and DC of Syracuse, see the hiring of an assistant in Early. They treat the transfer portal like a sacred betrayal, doubly so when it is a member of the sacred #1 class. 

The minute they realized is a rebuild year at best, it was as if their entire sanity shattered.

They were expecting a good season because people that follow the sport think that they still have a lot of talent on the roster and since they took 50 something kids in the portal they had to have a good portal class. There was very little inspection of what was gained and what was lost in the portal and the giant busts of the 5 and high 4 stars still on the team.

I think most of on this thread, even with our obvious bias, knew they were fucked. @closetojumping was 1000% on point multiple times during the offseason.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Had Aggie friend tell me Saturday that those guys get more P than anyone on campus. I said brother I don’t believe that but if it’s true, that’s a sad commentary on the rest of you dudes. I wouldn’t admit that if I were you. 

P is for penis

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

York might be the most overrated player on their roster. He was embarrassed against ND. 

1) He was pancaked like this several times. 

2) The big touchdown play was primarily his fault getting worked in space. 

It seems like you’re not really giving York a fair shake here. Sure, he might be small and weak and slow. And he’s not particularly good at tackling or really in coverage. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It seems like you’re not really giving York a fair shake here. Sure, he might be small and weak and slow. And he’s not particularly good at tackling or really in coverage. 

They list him at 235lbs.  lol     Dude looks 6 ft 205.  

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Side note:

I googled O'Neal to be sure I had his name correct. Noted this:

image.png.6bfa15b21d63870fcaf46fc9b5051bee.png

He was on Edmonton's practice squad earlier in the season.   He's now apparently on the active roster...as a backup linebacker:

image.png.6d7d2e4c33d70b5275d066af69abbe98.png

Yes, that's right -- Leon is too slow to play secondary in Canada.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

40 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

But he wants to be there! The definition of a new age ag! Embodiment of the 12th man! York is irreplaceable!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He was on Edmonton's practice squad earlier in the season.   He's now apparently on the active roster...as a backup linebacker:

image.png.6d7d2e4c33d70b5275d066af69abbe98.png

Yes, that's right -- Leon is too slow to play secondary in Canada.

He's slower than most of our linemen.

34 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

But he wants to be there! The definition of a new age ag! Embodiment of the 12th man! York is irreplaceable!

How effective is having the green dot on your helmet when you are looking through your earhole? 

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe. I don’t know if we have enough information to really believe that. We know the guy is a decent recruiter with a bag in his hands and we know he’s an excellent X’s and O’s guy, but that’s about all of the information we really have. 

There’s a tendency here and elsewhere to lump Elko into the buckets of program builder or talent developer. I think it’s because he’s been touted as such for Duke and by Liucci and Pate.  

Duke looks like a mirage. He beat an overrated Clemson and then little else in the way of P4 programs with a winning record. We’ve heard stories about some sort of magical 8 month culture shift at ATM but there’s no evidence of that. I guess less guys have gotten arrested?

As to the talent developer side, there’s actually evidence against that. Leal and Jaylon Jones were drafted below recruiting rankings after starting for most of their time on campus. The Elk was there for both of their time on campus. We didn’t see a lot of other diamonds in the rough get developed and move on to the pros either. Are guys getting better year over year in the groups that he coaches? 

got_fewer.gif.879d386402fd4be8ddfbf04324e6aed5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

They think York is better than Antony Hill

Dude, the legit thought Weigman was a higher draft pick than Ewers. They're delusional. Oh, and their cute nicknames like SEWERS, but then ol Wiggy went out there and shat a turd that even they can't polish. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

10 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Elko has the look of someone who likely drinks too much. Looks aged beyond his actual years, in poor shape etc... I'm sure those rubes see it, but will intentionally ignore it until they can't.

Tell us that you haven't been following the aggie screenshot thread without telling us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Ah yes, losing to a top 20 team at home is a pre season game a ND no cause for alarm. Absolutely

Yeah, Elko was totally discounting that game.  That's why he had 100+ recruits there to witness it.  Wait...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Nd was highly over ranked per aggy boards all last week. Now it’s close loss to top 10 team!

and doing their favorite thing- making something up that makes them feel better. In this case, it’s that they would have lost by 20 with jimbo. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I skimmed over the screenshots. Didn't really see any post calling him out for likely drinking too much.

There are dozens of them. They're literally using his weight and dress as proof he's a slob and a lazy coach and is stealing money from them. I haven't seen anyone turn on a coach this fast. And they're doing the same shit to Weigman; fatty fatty stoner. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

But he didn’t say that and neither did the AD or the SID.

Elko stated in a national interview before the season: “A&M isn’t rebuilding. If you’re rebuilding, you’re building your program for the next coach.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

There are dozens of them. They're literally using his weight and dress as proof he's a slob and a lazy coach and is stealing money from them. I haven't seen anyone turn on a coach this fast. And they're doing the same shit to Weigman; fatty fatty stoner. 

I see those post. I don't see any post calling out alcohol is likely the reason he is in such poor shape and looks 78 years old.