Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

20 minutes ago, General Specific said:

I’m not drinking enough for that shit. Is he speaking caveman?

How can anyone walk into his strip mall office and say, "Yep, I'll take some insurance from you"

This is pure insanity. And the sad thing is, there are many more just like him. But daddy has the self awareness of a snail and will continue to blast this shit weekly. With his goddamn personal info in his signature. You almost have to respect his lack of giving a fuck.

16 minutes ago, futureman said:

yeah tbh I can’t tell if y’all are trolling or what.  what he said is topical and relevant.  they need to shake things up in college station and he knows it. 

By allowing 5 star QBs to plow their wives?

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The best part of that Daddy98 rant is not the cuckoldry, not the QB controversy he wants to start, or the universally "brilliant" idea that they can just throw money at the problem.

The best part is that he has clarity of purpose, he now knows what needs to be done! and he will absolutely just sit on his ass in the rollercoaster and just take the losses like a good little aggi, he will get hyped, despair, gain clarity, and just continue to ride the flaming coaster, next year, because by next year there is another problem he simply just figured out: junction boys, coaches with skins on the wall, coaches that get A&M, threat of a backup, uncontested starter, 3 star lunch pail guys, 5 star is how Bama built it, on and on and on cycling through solutions but never getting closer to solving the problem.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, linux said:

The best part of that Daddy98 rant is not the cuckoldry, not the QB controversy he wants to start, or the universally "brilliant" idea that they can just throw money at the problem.

The best part is that he has clarity of purpose, he now knows what needs to be done! and he will absolutely just sit on his ass in the rollercoaster and just take the losses like a good little aggi, he will get hyped, despair, gain clarity, and just continue to ride the flaming coaster, next year, because by next year there is another problem he simply just figured out: junction boys, coaches with skins on the wall, coaches that get A&M, threat of a backup, uncontested starter, 3 star lunch pail guys, 5 star is how Bama built it, on and on and on cycling through solutions but never getting closer to solving the problem.

Have you ever heard of the Myth of Sisyphus? Seems instructive in the case of Daddy98. 

24 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Have you ever heard of the Myth of Sisyphus? Seems instructive in the case of Daddy98. 

Daddy98 is far more likely to be familiar with syphilis. What with the wife-prostituting and all. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Daddy, baby. Just a few notes. He's sort of beyond parody.

image.png.38c9083d78c3769358456a6cab788f71.png image.png.b29009ec8bd4f69bcf1c610f57d87c48.png

The weary but patient pholosopher explains yet again what his disciples cannot fully grasp: a world free of commas.

players coaches concrete 

And simple conginitive tests. 

Why do Aggies continually announce that they've always said many times for a long time?

Then it's, holy shit! Where'd this come from?

image.png.967448e97be9b6b3f5ae2011e3a08ee9.png

Clarity! Near-coherence whose only miss is the u in our which forms some sort of weird choice. You, sir, deserve the benefit of the doubt!

Sadly, this follows:

image.png.99f8fbb1add1ba85817137aad3d551e9.png

and this:

image.png.3d56be702b2c0ed95c4aa8d477a0f7f0.png

Quarterbacks are important in the competition game that is football.

Then, the embolism:

image.png.0339eacc20e71039146a527ccc25f720.png

• Haha 4

I mean maybe they open up the check book for a 5* QB transfer, but at some point they need to actual show they can both train and utilize a QB in some meaningful way to lure one in . 

They haven't shown anything but a string of injuries in transfers since Kellen Mond , and they hated that guy 

33 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

at some point they need to actual show they can both train and utilize a QB in some meaningful way to lure one in . 

Have you not seen the jump pass drills? If that doesn't lure them in...

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I mean maybe they open up the check book for a 5* QB transfer, but at some point they need to actual show they can both train and utilize a QB in some meaningful way to lure one in . 

I mean, Lagway committed to Florida without any proof they can both train and utilize a QB in some meaningful way.  It is not a stretch to think he’d go to A&M for seven figures a year.

Turning on their starting 5-star QB and believing that a different 5-star QB - that isn't on the team - is the solution to all of their problems is, by far and away, my favorite aggy tradition. See, the problem is the last 10 starting QBs all sucked, and not rot that has infected the great aggy program, ya stupid sip.

That it came after the first game of the year? Fucking priceless.

Edited by irishtexan
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Turning on their starting 5-star QB and believing that a different 5-star QB - that isn't on the team - is the solution to all of their problems is, by far and away, my favorite aggy tradition. See, the problem is the last 10 starting QBs all sucked, and not rot that has infected the great aggy program, ya stupid sip.

That it came after the first game of the year? Fucking priceless.

The funniest part to me is CW may not be that bad, their new OC may not be that bad , even their HC may not be that bad. 

But their line is shit, CW has played 5 total games, and they have no stability on the OC  front. 

We experienced 10 years of this shit and new it wasn't get turned around immediately, but their 9.95 and echo chamber sent their Roller Coaster into summer overdrive.  

Instead of trying to set some basic expectations, they've been talking playoffs like Nick Saban is their new head coach. 

Its the mix for a fan base revolt, and i'm here for it. 

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

22 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

The funniest part to me is CW may not be that bad, their new OC may not be that bad , even their HC may not be that bad. 

But their line is shit, CW has played 5 total games, and they have no stability on the OC  front. 

We experienced 10 years of this shit and new it wasn't get turned around immediately, but their 9.95 and echo chamber sent their Roller Coaster into summer overdrive.  

Instead of trying to set some basic expectations, they've been talking playoffs like Nick Saban is their new head coach. 

Don't care, best recruiting class evar!

24 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

The bonus, at least in the short term, is that they brought in a guy who clearly wants his QB to run while their QB makes Ash look like Cal Ripken.

I’ll be beyond shocked if Weigman is their QB by the time Texas curb stomps them in November. 

• Drool 2

As I recall, one of their back-ups was a fairly rugged dual threat QB or maybe even both of them. I was fairly impressed. 

Weigman looked good in his games, but he's a rather delicate thoroughbred type. I guess if he were an actual thoroughbred, they would have had to shoot him last year. It's the consensus around here that he will never excel with that line, his injury history, and a QB running game. I couldn't agree more.

Of course, the Aggies hate him now choosing to condemn the square peg instead of the round hole.

They have to have an improviser with that line. A tough one. In many ways, they need to stop chasing stars and find a fit for their QB spot. Weigman will succeed somewhere else if he lives long enough. He is better than Haynes King.

It would be best for him to be benched for another guy so he can fully recover and transfer to a place with an offense. Hopefully an SEC school where he can skin the A&M secondary alive.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

For most of their OL, this is the 3rd OL coach since they have been on campus. It's not just the OC, it's a shitty retread OL coach X 3. Our guys went through a similar thing, and we know how much Okafor loved Flood, but only got to be coached by him 1 season.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1