Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If Florida was smart they would start Lagway. They already have a pretty good RB in Montrell Johnson. 

Run the ball a lot with a mobile QB against a defense that's struggled to stop the run. 

Looks like chances of rain every day between now and Saturday in Gainesville.  Might not be ideal playing conditions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they fail at nil because they have to overpay to get mercenaries who will tolerate the bullshit

I really think this the head meeting the nail, except they don't tolerate the bullshit at the end of the day.  They have to overpay to get the elite to come there, because it's a shithole.  Then they get there and realize what they have gotten themselves into.  Then they do anything, including self destruct to get themselves out of there. Stewart, Demas, King, years ago Murry, etc.  Manzel is the only person socially and chemically altered enough to stay and endure it all.  And if Mike Evans wasn't there to make him look halfway decent he would have flamed out too.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ousux said:
14 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:
Tired: 10 year head start on playing sec big boy football. 
Wired: got to play in big dumpster fire but recruit under sec banner. 

Nevermind we never intended to announce the SEC move 3 years early and it was someone at aggy who fed their Houston Chronicle mouthpiece with that info. Those simple facts seem to elude them.

it wasn't just someone

bjork was told during day 2 of the '21 conference meetings

bjork texted sharpe from in the meeting

sharpe called zwerneman to make sure he was in position and not on his 2nd martini

within 10 minutes the meeting paused for a break, bjork walked out and called a spontaneous presser to bitch and moan, zwerneman had a flash story out in less than 10 minutes

aggy made it a fait accompli that we would be "recruiting under the sec banner"

instead of just keeping their traps shut

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Mouth breathers on secrant all too excited to claim us as their own . 

Some debate if we are 1 or 2 , but the round table of weekend activities bleeding into rant and reddit has got to be eating away at the aggy hive mind 

Best part of yesterday was that I did not hear an SEC chant but instead a very proud Eyes of Texas and the T. E. X. A. S. cheer.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Ah yes. Another one of their traditions. In 04, my dad was picking me up from a friends house. I come to the front door and he goes “guess what bowl we’re playing in?” I go “sighhhh the holiday bowl again?” “Nope! The Rose Bowl!!!” And my friends stupid aggy dad goes “well, guess y’all aren’t firing Mack this year…” dude we were like 10-1 or something when they announced. In what world were we firing Mack after 04!?!?

I see that you have successfully purged the 2004 OU game from your memory.  Congrats!

• Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

53 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

I really think this the head meeting the nail, except they don't tolerate the bullshit at the end of the day.  They have to overpay to get the elite to come there, because it's a shithole.  Then they get there and realize what they have gotten themselves into.  Then they do anything, including self destruct to get themselves out of there. Stewart, Demas, King, years ago Murry, etc.  Manzel is the only person socially and chemically altered enough to stay and endure it all.  And if Mike Evans wasn't there to make him look halfway decent he would have flamed out too.

hill.0.jpg

• Haha 3

On 8/28/2024 at 3:13 PM, Helobious said:

2 of my favorite Aggy-isms

1. we would dominate in the Big-12. O really??? Like you did before you ran off???  

2 Texas  could never compete in SEC… its too much of a weekly grind.

Then when schedules were released….aggy was pissed Longhorns got such an easy schedule!!! WTF???  lol

• Hook 'Em 1

it wasn't just someone
bjork was told during day 2 of the '21 conference meetings
bjork texted sharpe from in the meeting
sharpe called zwerneman to make sure he was in position and not on his 2nd martini
within 10 minutes the meeting paused for a break, bjork walked out and called a spontaneous presser to bitch and moan, zwerneman had a flash story out in less than 10 minutes
aggy made it a fait accompli that we would be "recruiting under the sec banner"
instead of just keeping their traps shut

And thus was born the greatest Interwebs mashup ever (reposted here for the umpteenth dozen time unapologetically:

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

IMG_4011.jpeg.0897737a070109e612d8ceeb4fee6d55.jpeg

Jesus Christ couldn’t help them.

I love how many of them are convinced they can simply buy a championship team. Hope they keep that mindset and get all the recruits only in it for money and overpay the JAG's.

As far as they're concerned the ONLY reason we do well in recruiting and portal is money. Has nothing to do with team culture, offensive/defensive schemes, development for the NFL and playing for a highly recognizable blue blood. Right aggy lurkers? Get out there and sell some some damn policies so you can support your beloved ags!

8 hours ago, ousux said:

Get out there and sell some some damn policies so you can support your beloved ags

Come to think of it, the crazy increase in my insurance premiums started right about the time NIL kicked off. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Screenshot 2024-09-09 085458.png

They left off Miss St from the list.  Although I'm not sure what a list of bottom feeders that Aggy plays has anything to do with our schedule.  It's like they are just now realizing the SEC has bad teams, too.

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s a lake Travis or westlake kid iirc.

MIP shouldn’t be a huge deal, but lying to cops about your identity should be kinda serious. 

Not really looking to argue, but if cops can lie to me I should be able to lie to them. Or at least tell them I'm not going to give them my name. Unless I'm driving a car I shouldn't have to carry ID, this isn't East Germany. Reasonable people can differ but it's always annoyed me that the "you have to tell the cops the truth" thing isn't a two-way street. 

Also, an Austin High grad would never have gotten noticed in the first place. If you look like Mungo from Blazing Saddles, maybe try to be a little less conspicuous at the bar. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Sark had/has the rep of being a coach who can develop QBs and is one of the top OCs in the country. QBs and WRs want to play for him.

Shrek is a mid-level coach. Klein's offense beats up QBs and isn't known to be WR friendly. Recruits aren't overly excited about either coaches.

Edited by crash_davis

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

They left off Miss St from the list.  Although I'm not sure what a list of bottom feeders that Aggy plays has anything to do with our schedule.  It's like they are just now realizing the SEC has bad teams, too.

When you are at the bottom yourself, everyone looks great because they are ahead of you.