Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

The aggy bitches are bleeding all over themselves today 

They’re just like the little toddler lying down on the floor in the t-shirt department screaming her lungs out because mommy said no KitKats for you at checkout.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I agree wholeheartedly, but it's also absurd that basically everyone in CFB media believes that they have all kinds of talent as well. If anyone would actually just look at their roster objectively, and also consider who they have lost and gained in the last two portal cycles, it would be as obvious to them as it was to some of us this offseason. 

The reality is, this is not a talented team compared to its perceived peer set. The portal killed them, the evaluations killed them and I believe a lack of development is killing them. To me, this is a Chuckles Year One team or perhaps worse. 

Everyone points to that dumb talent composite index without even superficial examination of it. It ignores the transfer value of a player and merely recalls their HS rating. So, basically it is simply about recruiting rankings stacked year over year. If a program is hitting on their 4 and 5 star, evaluations and actually developing talent, the index looks correct. The index is dismissive of development for non-highly ranked players. Gunnar Helm actually pulls UT's score down and that dude is going to be drafted. There's multiple cases like that on the UT roster, which is quite fulfilling when checking it out. 

At the same time, the drivers for that vaunted #7 talent rating that continues to drive the "atm is so talented" narrative, are as follows:

-Reuben Owens (index 5 star) - OFY

-Dezz Ricks (index 5 star) - a bust trapdoored at Bama and bad at ATM

-Gabriel Brownlow Dindy (index 5 star) - 4th stringer

-Chase Bisontis (index high 4 star) - starter at LG, unfortunately for them

-Kam Dewberry (index high 4 star) - bust running with the 2's and 3's

-Donovan Green (index high 4 star) - a quiet-quit back-up at TE not involved with serious snaps

-Bravion Rogers (index high 4 star) - 3rd stringer

-Connor Weigman (index 5 star) - ???

-Enai White (index high 4 star) - guy hasn't played in years due to injury. not on depth chart.

-Scooby Williams (index high 4 star) - He bombed at Florida and was struggling at ATM until an injury has knocked him out for some period of time

-Sylla (index high 4 star) - played 19 snaps against McNeese, none versus ND and rarely last year in key games, looking like a bust

Of their players with a .95 score or higher, that's 11 of the 17 who are either out, busted, or busting. The other 6 are: Anderson, Brooks, Hicks, Moss, S Stewart, and Turner. Several of these guys might wind up busts as well, but I didn't grade like that. 

So the #7 ranking looks hilarious in that context. And pathetic. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/ - click a team link and you can see all of this for yourself for any team.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Not those guys. Besides, are they good folks? Wasn’t one of them busted using a hidden camera in a room where female guests were changing clothes or something?

I just typed too fast and misspelled intelligent. 

Hey, who here hasn’t tried to remake the girls locker room scene in Porky’s?? 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The Elk set to be on Finebaum at about 5:30-5:45 for those interested in learning what it’s like to coach the awesome fightin’ Texum aggys.

I listened to it. It was 10+ minutes of coach speak. I hope Napier and the Gators find a way to beat their ass! I’ll take 7-6 right now, as long as the Gators get the W.

Hook’em!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

Show me a loss on our schedule? Geoegia isn't beating us at home, aggy will get skull fucked, Arky is getting a gigantic, hairy nut dragging all over their faces. Ou flat out sucks. Georgia is our only real competition, and again, we're the better team. Florida may as well just set themselves on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Not those guys. Besides, are they good folks? Wasn’t one of them busted using a hidden camera in a room where female guests were changing clothes or something?

I just typed too fast and misspelled intelligent. 

I had some professional dealings with them once upon a time where we leased a building of theirs when I ran a title company. They sent a lease, I negotiated some changes, his person agreed to then, everyone signed, he called up and screamed at me afterwards- it was truly bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Wah wah, wide receiver recruiting is so hard! We need to shell out $$$$ for more blue chips!"
Meanwhile, there's several Big 12 teams who set passing records using JAGs from nowhere. The problem at A&M isn't recruiting, it's development. They just don't understand that they are at the beginning of a long road that leads, at best, to them being a slightly better version of Oklahoma State or KSU. That should be their goal. But I doubt their AD / boosters have the patience to reach that outcome and, even if they do, they won't be happy with it for long. 

Beginning? They have always been a mid-major OSU, TTU, KSU caliber program.

So did they put out an injury report without Weigman one day and then with him the next? I can't imagine they are dumb enough to be playing fast and loose with the injury report, but putting their starting qb on it the day after not listing him seems like a rather big deal.

These dipshits do realize that the purpose of the injury report is to prevent insider information for gambling purposes, and all the temptations and nefarious shit that comes with it, right? 

Elko just might be a blithering idiot. 

6 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

So did they put out an injury report without Weigman one day and then with him the next? I can't imagine they are dumb enough to be playing fast and loose with the injury report, but putting their starting qb on it the day after not listing him seems like a rather big deal.

These dipshits do realize that the purpose of the injury report is to prevent insider information for gambling purposes, and all the temptations and nefarious shit that comes with it, right? 

Elko is going to wake up with an elk head in his bed.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It looks to me like the SEC looked at that bullshit injury report on Wednesday and got back to them with the usual advice they offer to ATM regarding their behavior: “Get right or get fucked. We’re fining you if this isn’t sorted asap. “

They still don’t list multiple players known to be hurt. TJ Shanahan, sadly for them, is in the rotation on the OL. Dude has a high ankle sprain. Why isn’t he listed? Enai White hasn’t recovered from his injury last summer, he should be referenced. I am betting there are others. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Was Weigman a legit baseball prospect, or was that just Surly wishcasting?  I remember people saying he was potentially a better baseball player than he was QB, and that given his injury history, he would be much better off going that route.

If that is even remotely true, he has fucked up royally, as I don't see any chance he survives long enough to collect an NFL paycheck.

8 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Was Weigman a legit baseball prospect, or was that just Surly wishcasting?  I remember people saying he was potentially a better baseball player than he was QB, and that given his injury history, he would be much better off going that route.

If that is even remotely true, he has fucked up royally, as I don't see any chance he survives long enough to collect an NFL paycheck.

He was a legit draft possibility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

First round pick felt like surly wishcasting, but he was a toolsy outfielder. 

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

why would the league office publish a list they knew was false?

i don't understand the sequence of events here

Elko tried to hide the injury during the McNeese game because the reporting rule is only for SEC games, in hopes that if he limited his snap count the injury would be ok by this weekend, but since Weigman is actually made of glass the injury did not heal itself well enough to not include him on the mandated injury report.

So now, you have a coach that knowingly played an injured guy against a shitty FCS team to try to gain some sort of advantage in SEC play.

This is really fucking amazing and hilarious, Elko is in way over his head right now.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Football teams treating injuries like state secrets is an ongoing source of amusement for me, and Hungry Hungry Elko is really fucking bringing it in this department. Who knows what crazy conspiratorial thoughts go through his head at night while he's savaging his midnight calzone.

It's hilarious because they're trying to pull the same shit they pull on their beat reporters but it's the conference requiring it. Seems pretty stupid disregard your conferences rules and regulations thinking you can get away with it like you can your dog shit reporters.

11 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Show me a loss on our schedule? Geoegia isn't beating us at home, aggy will get skull fucked, Arky is getting a gigantic, hairy nut dragging all over their faces. Ou flat out sucks. Georgia is our only real competition, and again, we're the better team. Florida may as well just set themselves on fire. 

Well with the OU and Houston game experience from last year I am not going to say there is not a loss. I rather wish that we look great going into the aggy game and that the ticket market implodes because aggy does not want to be present for their ass kicking and we take over that freaking place like we did Michigan.

12 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Football teams treating injuries like state secrets is an ongoing source of amusement for me, and Hungry Hungry Elko is really fucking bringing it in this department. Who knows what crazy conspiratorial thoughts go through his head at night while he's savaging his midnight calzone.

dale-cooper-twin-peaks.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Can everyone stop what they are doing and go find a video of Weigman talking. I had never heard him speak before and I’ll just say I did not expect him to sound like that. I mean I try not to associate with people from Cypress so I’m no expert, but I did not expect that, um, dialect from a Cypress white guy.