Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

9 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

I'm not trying to give you shit, but you said that (1) our goal isn't beating A&M, (2) the game is meaningless if we've already secured our spot in the CCG, and (3) that we shouldn't risk injury just for "bragging rights" - have I got that correct? 

I vehemently disagree with all of that. I want to win championships AND beat the shit out of our rivals. A season where we win the SEC but lose to OU and A&M is tainted and will taste bittersweet at best. I get that rivalries don't matter as much to some people, but it is hardly an "Aggie-like" mindset to heavily weigh beating one's rivals as an important goal for the season. And that's before I even get into the importance a win has for recruiting and fund raising. 

I don't want to make assumptions, but are you young? That's the only reason I can think of why a Texas fan would downplay the significance of beating A&M. I'm not old old, but I'm old enough to remember playing A&M in the early 1990's when we were down and they were up. It fucking sucked. A person whose football memory doesn't include experiencing a loss to A&M can't full appreciate how insufferable they can be. 

I’m old, old. Like being the only Longhorn fan in a rural-ass redneck peckerwood corduroy FFA jacket-wearing shithole middle school when Akins was out with a knee injury in 1975. Don’t even get into the FedEx years.

Texas needs to ground and pound until they don’t make a fucking sound, imo. 

What keeps it from being Aggie-like is that going juggernaut over their mangled corpses is that the win won’t be a salve for accomplishing fuck-all else, like it’s always been for them. It’s not either/or. Fuck them up and accomplish bigger goals. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Actually, I don't agree, based on your exact quote and my exact response below:

To start, the game will never "Not count for anything." The second part, you implied that losing the game doesn't matter at all, which would mean rolling over or starting our third stringers to risk injury. If that ISN"T what you meant, fine, but I fail to see how you reconcile if the game isn't an early buttfucking, and it ends up competitive, at some point we should pull our starters to not risk injury versus finishing a close game with our starters.

Outside of bragging rights the game this year could possibly not count for anything if we run the table otherwise. Meaning the game has no impact on how we finish the season. It only counts to those of you that like to dunk on your Aggie friends/family/coworkers etc.. around the water cooler. By no means am I saying, nor have I said we forfeit the game. And any perceived negative perception from fans/recruits from possibly losing that game would be lost in a NC win anyway. But it sounds to me if some of you had the choice of beating Aggie/not winning a NC vs losing to Aggie/winning a NC, it would not be a easy decision for some of you to make. But to be clear if this hypothetical situation came to fruition I’d want us to treat it similar to the ULM and UTSA games. Star players on a snap count and if a guy is nicked up he doesn’t play if he doesn’t have to. Also I’d expect Aggie to do a lot of chickenshit stuff on the field like UTSA so it would be important to keep everyone healthy.

23 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I thought the kick looked bad viewing live, but it appears to sneak just inside the upright before veering left. That's not the reason Bowling Green lost the game, the reason is that shitty offensive possession after they tripped all over themselves trying to recovery the blocked punt. They put in their backup QB and ran two really bad plays that lost like 5 yards. Then missed a chip shot FG.

And just think: They actually consider themselves to be one of the tough games on our schedule.

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

In a world where I don’t have an Aggie-like mind. Thus calling anyone who disagrees with you possessed of an Aggie-like mind.

Our goal this season is winning the championship, not beating Aggie. No shit.

If we are guaranteed a spot in the SEC title game prior to the Aggie game then the game is essentially meaningless. Winning the championship is not the only goal. You want to win every game particularly those against rival teams. Should we win the NC, would losing to A&M not matter to you as a Longhorn?

and based on how this season has gone thus far I don’t think we should risk injury going all out to beat the shit out of Aggie just for bragging rights when it could possibly derail our chance at winning a championship. That's the least football-sounding attitude that I've ever heard. Pull the starters after the insumountable lead is established. Starting is a point of achievement for actual players. Watching someone go out to take your place over some pussy concern about injuries is hateful to top flight players.

Fuck that game if it doesn’t count for anything and fuck Aggie too. I’ll find humor in that game meaning everything to them and nothing to us. That's not reality. Aggies need to be shut up in such a fashion that dominance is unquestionably achieved. It's important for recruiting (though less so than when Jimbo was there) which is a football reason. In some ways, your post ironically suggests an Aggie-like mind in pretending the game is meaningless. When they're not singing about us and destroyig our egos by calling us tu and doing the horns down hand signal, they mainly claim that they've outgrown us and it's not really a big deal.

It's mainly important because the players like playing football and we liking have them as our team. Worry about the SEC championship when and should we make it there. To me, the season is a series of individual contests, each interesting in itself. I consider the possible overall season as we get through more games, but all I really care about is winning the next one. It seems to make the season last longer and allows for enjoying victories or great plays whether we are in contention for anything or not.

Written without rancor.

My friend, quit while you're losing. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

There's no decision to make. NC or No NC on the line, you stomp those mouthy fucking morons into the ground. It won't shut them up, but they need to be kept in their place. 

I don't care who we're playing. Trying to get cute regarding possible future scenarios will bite you in the ass more times than you'd like.  

Fuck you for being more succinct than me.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Did someone actually post that the A&M game is meaningless to us? On this board? That's a real thought that someone had in their head and they actually took the time to type it out? 

I'm baffled. Flummoxed. 

Let me tell you something - it will be extremely meaningful when we skull fuck the Aggies up and down Kyle field.

When we demoralize them so badly that your Aggie coworkers and neighbors won't look you in the eye for a week. When the in-state recruits that we want don't even consider A&M as anything better than a second choice. I want to send their asses back to the stone age where they belong and every other Texas fan should too. Seriously fuck them, for all the shit they've talked over the past 10+ years. All the Big 12 games they didn't play but would've won. We are going to cram more than a decade's worth of bullshit back down their throat on November 30 and it will be very meaningful to every Texas fan, every Aggie, and everyone who might have any input on our reputation or future as a program. 

I swear, I am about the blow a gasket reading this shit.

giphy.webp

outstanding

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Outside of bragging rights the game this year could possibly not count for anything if we run the table otherwise. Meaning the game has no impact on how we finish the season. It only counts to those of you that like to dunk on your Aggie friends/family/coworkers etc.. around the water cooler. By no means am I saying, nor have I said we forfeit the game. And any perceived negative perception from fans/recruits from possibly losing that game would be lost in a NC win anyway. But it sounds to me if some of you had the choice of beating Aggie/not winning a NC vs losing to Aggie/winning a NC, it would not be a easy decision for some of you to make. But to be clear if this hypothetical situation came to fruition I’d want us to treat it similar to the ULM and UTSA games. Star players on a snap count and if a guy is nicked up he doesn’t play if he doesn’t have to. Also I’d expect Aggie to do a lot of chickenshit stuff on the field like UTSA so it would be important to keep everyone healthy.

Look, you've shared your opinions, and clearly the vast majority of responding posters have disagreed with you.  I have no idea why some Texas fans insist on acting like they're above this rivalry.  Rivalries are the lifeblood of college football and one of the few remaining reasons why it's different and better than the professional version of the sport.

This IS a rivalry.  It's a lopsided one to be sure, but the 1,538 page thread on the main football board, along with this 548 page thread on the recruiting board, prove that Texas fans DO care about the game.  You might not and that's fine, but you're in the minority and there aren't many who agree with you.

As for the highlighted section, I haven't seen anyone suggesting that.  I'm not sure where you're getting it?  But it's a silly hypothetical anyway.  If Texas isn't capable of beating THIS aggie team, then Texas isn't going to win the national championship anyway.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 6

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

My friend, quit while you're losing. 

His responses make a lot more sense when you realize that he told Imma this entire forum was stale because nobody’s sense of humor is as refined as his. 

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's just mean. Fuck you, too, Carton! The tumbril is too good for you!

This just seems inconsistent. I might be one of the 5 less succint than you...

from time to time Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

3 minutes ago, SamMan said:

His responses make a lot more sense when you realize that he told Imma this entire forum was stale because nobody’s sense of humor is as refined as his. 

Wait, what? Gonna need to these receipts. 

45 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If you don't understand how this game could be used by a&m as a tool for recruiting, fundraising, & general program building then that's on you. I have 1 a&m friend so I'm not worried about dunking on anyone & I care as much about bragging rights as I did vs. Baylor. I care about our success & future success & a 40+ point beatdown sends a statement to every recruit that we're battling for & every one of their donors that they're fucked for the foreseeable future. There's no sunshine to pump, no kool aid to drink, & no hope for the future because daddy is here & we're taking this shit more seriously now than we have in 50 years. When you have your rivals down you can't let them breathe. It's time to leave OU & a&m sized craters in the earth and mock their futile attempts to climb out.

• Hook 'Em 2

JFC, I’m an “autist” with a limited bag of sarcasm and obscure references humor and even my sense of humor is more refined than his. Yes, I realize I’m opening myself to feedback but I’m going to pretend like I don’t understand it and just ignore it. 

Also did not realize the game was that close kinda tuned out with UT and OU playing, but assuming the fumble happens at the exact same place Bowling Green wins that game if the QB makes the correct throw on that int.

On 9/23/2024 at 1:37 PM, Park Gothic said:

I assume it's because all that "t.u." shit appeals to emotionally stunted manchildren who, coincidentally, are the same type of people who rage quit the entire internet when their favorite sports team is down bad. I'm sure there were plenty of posters on that board in the preseason for the ride up the rollercoaster but who immediately bailed after the loss to ND.

Speaking of that goofy bastard Branding Iron 13-0, he went off and died to avoid having to talk Texas A&M football anymore. Even he couldn't keep up all that retarded shit talking as the insanity of the Jimbo Fisher era buried their program. And I doubt Brandi has a scoreboard next to his grave to keep up with the games.

ouch_to_be.jpg.63d74e83bcf363937b6520bc07fb6f3d.jpg

3 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I get it, but if the game is meaningless to us, it ain’t worth the injury risk. Although I think we could start our entire second string and still beat them handily.

You must not have any aggy in your family or circle of friends.  If you did, you'd know this game is never meaningless.  I want Texas to humiliate them. 

Show No Mercy Savage GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, linux said:

I kinda agree they kinda lost me as a viewer Roll Call is significantly better.

I like Roll Call better as well, but the Vandy Pimp is great.  I want to see Vandy win a lot this season just to ensure he remains.  Not against Texas though, of course.  We've got a 3-8-1 record to start avenging.

4 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

In a world where I don’t have an Aggie-like mind. Our goal this season is winning the championship, not beating Aggie. If we are guaranteed a spot in the SEC title game prior to the Aggie game then the game is essentially meaningless and based on how this season has gone thus far I don’t think we should risk injury going all out to beat the shit out of Aggie just for bragging rights when it could possibly derail our chance at winning a championship. Fuck that game if it doesn’t count for anything and fuck Aggie too. I’ll find humor in that game meaning everything to them and nothing to us.

To continue the pile on, I would disagree with this no matter the Game 12 opponent.  This is still college football and undefeated, untied seasons are the goal and still hold up through the decades at a level above winning espn's postseason ratings bonanza tournament.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

100% Moffitt put on too much weight with this team, but Elko also literally directed that. It cracks me up. 

I think the guy gets drafted and reshapes his body for the combine if he’s smart. It’s just kind of absurd that they fucked it up even with this guy. I guess he could still go on a run with what they have in front of them. 

He’s not though. Watch the Bowling Green footage if you want to debunk that claim for yourself. 

It's the Elko Grand Unified Cube Theory of stopping the run.  He had some success with it the first aggy go round due to the lack of good passing offenses in the conference.  Passing has advanced some but I suspect he can still have middling success with it.