Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 1:40 PM, Gatorubet said:

Spirit has a cheap direct flight from New Orleans to Cancun.   I leave New Orleans mid morning and have lunch on Isla Mujeres.  I normally pack dry wick type clothes and swimsuits in my carry-on (in a vacuum/deflated bag.)

It makes for an easy cheap and fun four day weekend with no gouge fees. 

The in-air shenanigans have been minor, and I can put up with a whole bunch for just one hour.   The fact that you need a passport seems to be a filter that removed some of the Walmart element.

So, just got back from Isla today...

Took American from Cancun. Dumb Blonde Bitch ahead of us in the boarding line argues with the gate agent, saying her huge purse shouldn't count as a third carry-on. Gate agent won. Made her check her bag. Then, mid flight, her and her DBag boyfriend are loud enough to wake Mrs. Wood (no pics) in 17A. She was not amused.We're in 17A-D, and they're in 17 E & F. I could hear 'em even with my noise-cancelling headphones on.  Then we land. As soon as the plane comes to a stop at the gate, DBag and Dumb Blonde Bitch tap my 20 yo in 17D on the shoulder, and then immediately start climbing over him to get to the aisle and get his bags.  I was sitting in 17B so I couldn't really do anything about it like I would normally do, by simply standing up and stepping partially into the aisle. My kid was taken off guard by the suddenness of it all, and he just let 'em go. They grab their stuff 2 rows ahead of where they were sitting (of course), and block people in up there. While this is happening, a bunch of idiots from behind us rush up behind DBag & DBB. Me first. Fuck errbody. Too many people just fucking suck on airplanes and most places these days, especially Americans, at least in my experience flying internationally.

The silver lining was that deplaning was delayed because of a jetway issue, so the assholes had to stand there for 10 minutes like vertical sardines, sweating while everyone around them ridiculed them.  Better yet, they were breaking their necks to get off the plane just to stand waiting at the baggage carousel for the bag she earlier tried to slip onto the plane as a carry-on. We laughed at 'em as we passed them on the way to the GE kiosk, and were out of there before the baggage carousel even started moving. Karma's a bitch. /csb

Edited by wood
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, wood said:

Took American from Cancun. Dumb Blonde Bitch ahead of us in the boarding line argues with the gate agent, saying her huge purse shouldn't count as a third carry-on. Then, mid flight, her and her DBag boyfriend are loud enough to wake Mrs. Wood (no pics) in 17A. She was not amused.We're in 17A-D, and they're in 17 E & F. I could hear 'em even with my noise-cancelling headphones on.  Then we land. As soon as the plane comes to a stop at the gate, DBag and Dumb Blonde Bitch tap my 20 yo in 17D on the shoulder, and then immediately start climbing over him to get to the aisle and get his bags.  I was sitting in 17B so I couldn't really do anything about it like I would normally do, by simply standing up and stepping partially into the aisle. My kid was taken off guard by the suddenness of it all, and he just let 'em go. They grab their stuff 2 rows ahead of where they were sitting (of course), and block people in up there. While this is happening, a bunch of idiots from behind us rush up behind DBag & DBB. Me first. Fuck errbody. Too many people just fucking suck on airplanes and most places these days, especially Americans, at least in my experience flying internationally.

I've bitched on several threads about this, but domestic Mexican flights are unrivaled for this crap.

Shitty stupid garbage asshole families sprinting from row 32 to the front of the plane the second it stops and no one saying a fucking thing. My GF thought this was SOP until she started flying internationally. We had a massive fight the 1st time I flew with her (1st class AeroMexico, La Paz to CDMX). She refused to stand up from our seats in row 3 to block the aisle, so 30 assholes from the rear of the plane got off before us, causing us to miss a connecting flight by 2 minutes. She told me it was "rude" to block the aisle when other people wanted to get off first. 🤬

• Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

I've bitched on several threads about this, but domestic Mexican flights are unrivaled for this crap.

Shitty stupid garbage asshole families sprinting from row 32 to the front of the plane the second it stops and no one saying a fucking thing. My GF thought this was SOP until she started flying internationally. We had a massive fight the 1st time I flew with her (1st class AeroMexico, La Paz to CDMX). She refused to stand up from our seats in row 3 to block the aisle, so 30 assholes from the rear of the plane got off before us, causing us to miss a connecting flight by 2 minutes. She told me it was "rude" to block the aisle when other people wanted to get off first. 🤬

Yeah when we flew KAL to Thailand via Seoul last month, it was like another universe. Just an amazing flying experience, in terms of passenger behavior. The Koreans are probably the best-behaved people I've ever seen in airplanes and airports. Everything is calm, quiet, orderly, and runs like clockwork. No stupid, selfish complaining, no unnecessary noise. People wait their turn, are considerate af, and keep to themselves.

Before we left LAX for Seoul, we sat at the gate for about 45 minutes waiting for connecting passengers. Probably 95% of the passengers were Korean. It was like a church on that plane. Everyone just chill and quiet. I'd never seen anything like it.Get delayed for 10 minutes on a flight here, and there's always a ruckus.

While connecting in Seoul, in what is by far the nicest airport I've ever seen, you could barely even tell when they were boarding a flight at a gate. Everyone was just chilling, only getting up to board once their zone was quietly announced. It was amazing.

When did manners stop being a thing here?

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah when we flew KAL to Thailand via Seoul last month, it was like another universe. Just an amazing flying experience, in terms of passenger behavior. The Koreans are probably the best-behaved people I've ever seen in airplanes and airports. Everything is calm, quiet, orderly, and runs like clockwork. No stupid, selfish complaining, no unnecessary noise. People wait their turn, are considerate af, and keep to themselves.

Before we left LAX for Seoul, we sat at the gate for about 45 minutes waiting for connecting passengers. Probably 95% of the passengers were Korean. It was like a church on that plane. Everyone just chill and quiet. I'd never seen anything like it.Get delayed for 10 minutes on a flight here, and there's always a ruckus.

While connecting in Seoul, in what is by far the nicest airport I've ever seen, you could barely even tell when they were boarding a flight at a gate. Everyone was just chilling, only getting up to board once their zone was quietly announced. It was amazing.

When did manners stop being a thing here?

Don't get me started on Mexican "rules" for passenger boarding based on "groupo".  Anyone from groupo 1.....or 2-8 can board at any time depending one where some random guy started the boarding line.

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, wood said:

Took American from Cancun. Dumb Blonde Bitch ahead of us in the boarding line argues with the gate agent, saying her huge purse shouldn't count as a third carry-on. Then, mid flight, her and her DBag boyfriend are loud enough to wake Mrs. Wood (no pics) in 17A. She was not amused.We're in 17A-D, and they're in 17 E & F. I could hear 'em even with my noise-cancelling headphones on.  Then we land. As soon as the plane comes to a stop at the gate, DBag and Dumb Blonde Bitch tap my 20 yo in 17D on the shoulder, and then immediately start climbing over him to get to the aisle and get his bags.  I was sitting in 17B so I couldn't really do anything about it like I would normally do, by simply standing up and stepping partially into the aisle. My kid was taken off guard by the suddenness of it all, and he just let 'em go. They grab their stuff 2 rows ahead of where they were sitting (of course), and block people in up there. While this is happening, a bunch of idiots from behind us rush up behind DBag & DBB. Me first. Fuck errbody. Too many people just fucking suck on airplanes and most places these days, especially Americans, at least in my experience flying internationally.

The silver lining was that deplaning was delayed because of a jetway issue, so the assholes had to stand there for 10 minutes like vertical sardines, sweating while everyone around them ridiculed them.  Better yet, they were breaking their necks to get off the plane just to get to the baggage carousel and stand there waiting. We passed them on the way to the GE kiosk and were out of there before the baggage carousel even started moving. /csb

I've never understood these types of folks.  There is no real appreciable difference in terms of time of forcing your way first off the flight by jumping in front of as many people possible as there just calmly waiting your turn.  Tops, it's a couple of minutes.  It's like driving like a maniac to get to a series of traffic lights, it doesn't really do any good.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I've never understood these types of folks.  There is no real appreciable difference in terms of time of forcing your way first off the flight by jumping in front of as many people possible as there just calmly waiting your turn.  Tops, it's a couple of minutes.  It's like driving like a maniac to get to a series of traffic lights, it doesn't really do any good.  

Just like the 99% of us who understand that it's good etiquette to wait your turn to exit the plane, there is a small minority that feel the opposite. They plan to rush forward as far as they can. They don't care what you think.

For the most part airlines and airport enforce etiquette by their rules EXCEPT they don't care about how passengers leave the airplane. That's on society to enforce. I don't even recall airlines suggesting best behavior how to leave the plane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just like the 99% of us who understand that it's good etiquette to wait your turn to exit the plane, there is a small minority that feel the opposite. They plan to rush forward as far as they can. They don't care what you think.

For the most part airlines and airport enforce etiquette by their rules EXCEPT they don't care about how passengers leave the airplane. That's on society to enforce. I don't even recall airlines suggesting best behavior how to leave the plane. 

I've heard FAs make announcements telling people how to do it the right way, the quickest way, and I've even seen one come back through the plane as the front rows emptied out, directing the process for the numbnuts dipshits that can't see beyond their own little bubble where they're the only ones who matter. I really appreciated her going out of her way to do that, esp on the shit salary she makes for a thankless job.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

michael-scott-the-office.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Fuck that.  I stand up immediately purposely to block the aisle.  If you want to get past me, you better be nice and have a good reason.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

This is such a thorn in my side

I travel internationally a lot. In Amsterdam you get off the plane and get on the shuttle to the gate. Dickweeds that rush to the front of the plane get on first to the shuttle but last getting off the shuttle. In makes no sense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

How much time is actually gained by being a cunt and standing up/forcing foward?  Has to be maybe 3 minutes?  If you are going to miss your connection, that sucks and I have been there but STILL did not stand in the aisle and press forward. This is all not to mention the crowding of the aisle, should an emergency/medical issue for someone arise.

I feel the same way about those people as I feel about morons speeding and driving recklessly.  Willing to put others at disadvantage and/or danger just to get where they want.

Nowadays when I travel for work, I try to put myself into an observer/people watching mindset so I can just enjoy the insane/hilarious shit that grown adults do in the airport/on the plane.  Shit I would never even deign to consider doing in public/that situation, these folks will just flagrantly fuck over whomever they can to get even a scintilla of an upper hand.  These are the same people that do not return their grocery carts in the parking lot.  I don't want to sound like a demon, but I would be fine with these folks going to reeducation camps to learn how to abide by the social contract.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think it was Volaris (?) where the FA blocks rows from getting up until their turn 

I've been on about 20 Volaris flights in the last 6 years.  The only thing FA's do is tell people to stay in their seats until the plane comes to a complete stop at the gate. Then it's a free-for-all.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Nowadays when I travel for work, I try to put myself into an observer/people watching mindset so I can just enjoy the insane/hilarious shit that grown adults do in the airport/on the plane.  Shit I would never even deign to consider doing in public/that situation, these folks will just flagrantly fuck over whomever they can to get even a scintilla of an upper hand.  These are the same people that do not return their grocery carts in the parking lot.  I don't want to sound like a demon, but I would be fine with these folks going to reeducation camps to learn how to abide by the social contract.

00779e5a7ed256a2318809b73a3cbcfc.gif

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/17/2024 at 4:05 PM, Chewbacca said:

Sure it is.  If the FA is right there and your kid can't get their attention, a light touch to the arm or shoulder is perfectly acceptable.  

I believe his side of the story because the FBI immediately let him go and United has already apologized to him.

Was on a flight to LA with family 7 years ago and he was in the row right in front of us.  Was extremely nice and took the following picture with my son after the flightIMG_0828.thumb.JPG.e1f9f2d61de91ef65953aa092e01df7f.JPG

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CO Horn said:

Was on a flight to LA with family 7 years ago and he was in the row right in front of us.  Was extremely nice and took the following picture with my son after the flightIMG_0828.thumb.JPG.e1f9f2d61de91ef65953aa092e01df7f.JPG

Very cool.  I've always heard he is a good dude.

8 hours ago, hookemATL said:

How much time is actually gained by being a cunt and standing up/forcing foward?  Has to be maybe 3 minutes?  If you are going to miss your connection, that sucks and I have been there but STILL did not stand in the aisle and press forward. This is all not to mention the crowding of the aisle, should an emergency/medical issue for someone arise.

I feel the same way about those people as I feel about morons speeding and driving recklessly.  Willing to put others at disadvantage and/or danger just to get where they want.

Yeah I travel for work a bit too, and my favorite is when I fly on one of those small regional planes where the roller bags go under the plane and you have to wait in the jetway for them to bring up your bags. I always travel with a duffel for that exact reason so I don’t have to wait.

Anyways it never fails that some asshole makes a fool of themselves and rushes to the front of the plane and then has to stand there and wait on their bags as I walk right by them.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Honestly that's irritating, but my biggest gripe as a guy who travels a lot for work is leisure travelers who can't just board the plane, locate their seat, stow their shit and sit the fuck down. I've lost more on-time departures over the years from people who don't know how to get on a plane without drama than I've blown connections from people fucking up the deplaning process. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Honestly that's irritating, but my biggest gripe as a guy who travels a lot for work is leisure travelers who can't just board the plane, locate their seat, stow their shit and sit the fuck down. I've lost more on-time departures over the years from people who don't know how to get on a plane without drama than I've blown connections from people fucking up the deplaning process. 

It's asshats who fly once in every 3 years. I used to get mad about dipshits crowding the boarding line when they are group 90 or someshit, when they rush up to move 5 people ahead on deboarding, when they pay for the cheapest seats and play dumb when you tell them they are in your seat after they ask you to sit somewhere else. Unless the plane doesn't take off, I miss my connection, I cannot sit in my seats which I paid for or I can never deboard, I'm usually chill and accept the asshats for the poor bastards that they are.

• Rage+1 1

This time of year is the worst.  About a month ago a lady was holding up the line to argue with the American gate agent, because she was in group 9 but insisting that she be able to board with the AAdvantage Gold members, because she has Gold status on Spirit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 12:58 PM, hookemATL said:

I know I already responded to this post earlier, but I'd add that they'll do anything they can to get the upper hand, even when it gains them no advantage at all, and even when they might actually be worse off for it. This is simply how they live their lives. 'Fuck errbody' is their mindset. 'Winning!'

It's like a friend of mine said about working with COTA's Bobby Epstein: "He'll go out of his way to lie, even when he doesn't need to, and/or even when it does him no good to do so".

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CO Horn said:

Dude's one of my favorite players of all time. Pure class.

20 hours ago, CO Horn said:

Davis looks like a little kid in that picture, and your son kneeling behind him must be a giant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2024 at 1:17 AM, rage-a-holic said:

Don't get me started on Mexican "rules" for passenger boarding based on "groupo".  Anyone from groupo 1.....or 2-8 can board at any time depending one where some random guy started the boarding line.

This isn't limited to just Mexico nor US citizens. Argentina and Chile's smaller airports were all about this bullshit. I was helping my mom, who wasn't feeling well and has some physical issues through multiple flights. 

I'm not ending up in a South American prison, but I sure as fuck had some temptations to find my way to one that trip.

On 7/18/2024 at 12:58 PM, hookemATL said:

I take pics and share stories with my like minded friends. It's like I'm a narrator and rather than get angry about it I become completely amused at the shenanigans.

Let me be clear, they anger me by their behavior, but sharing the idiocy in real time is my way of venting and turning it into amusement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

I find that really sad. Sad for her, her family and friends and what it says about society and the drug epidemic in this country

From what I've seen here lately, it could just be that she overdid the gummies.  That New Jersey man on that flight just a couple of days ago had done 10 gummies before attempting to have sex with a stewardess.  

From what I've seen here lately, it could just be that she overdid the gummies.  That New Jersey man on that flight just a couple of days ago had done 10 gummies before attempting to have sex with a stewardess.  

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

I find that really sad. Sad for her, her family and friends and what it says about society and the drug epidemic in this country

I don’t think it was in the U.S. Looks like Jamaican flag patches on the police. 

Traveled from PDX to IND vis MSP on 26 July.  Flight from PDX was delayed and a "reasonable layover" could evolve into "might miss my connection."  Claim for delay was that MSP was repairing a runway and only had 2 of the 3 available.

Oh - Delta - which may or may not be relevant, as they were reeling from CrowdStrike longer than most others.

In flight - WiFi and all - there are zero updates/changes to the schedule for my connecting flight.  I figured everything would be delayed - with same runway issue.  No updates to the departure, so I assume I have to sprint across the airport to make my connection.  FAs are asking folks w/ > 40 min connections to stay put so others can exit and make their connections.  About 30% of folks did the right thing.  Most folks just take their time and seem flat-out confused.

Anyhow, I finally deplane and hurry to the connection, only to find that it is delayed 45 mins.  Well, hell.  A basic piece of information - and one that computers are good at tracking and communicating - was not propagated to the Delta site or app.  So we had folks hurrying across the airport only to get to their departure terminals to stand and wait - crowding the terminal area even further.

PDX is a fairly well run airport, although I have seen them have a mismatch of TSA agents checking IDs vs. the number of scanners open - slowing things dramatically.  I did not get to experience the full crappiness of MSP that some of you allude to.  I still stand by my assertion that IND is one of the best run airports in the country.  The relative ease of every step is astonishing, esp. when juxtaposed with ABIA.  ABIA is just bad.