Trevor Bauer releases a statement

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The problem is other players hate him.  He's gonna cause trouble wherever he signs like he has at every other stop in his career.

Yeah.  The doctoring of baseballs is what used up any goodwill he had.. even though that was funny as fuck at the time..

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Billion is rather excessive for one player's worth.

How? His last contract was 100M+ for 3 years before he got fucked. 

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

IANAL, but wouldn't an industry blackballing a player be covered by antitrust law, which prescribes treble damages?

43 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

IANAL, but wouldn't an industry blackballing a player be covered by antitrust law, which prescribes treble damages?

I know nothing about any of this - how difficult is it to “prove” some sort of collusion? Couldn’t clubs reasonably argue that they don’t want him on their team because he’s an unlikable, immature douchebag that they don’t want around (assuming there isn’t hard evidence that it’s more than that)?

I mean, Barry Bonds went unsigned coming off of a 169 OPS+ season in 2007. That seemed like blackballing, but I guess clubs could have argued that they had legitimate reasons not to bring him in - he’s a dick, too much of a circus, etc.

Anyway, if such a suit came to pass, what evidence is required to win/settle? Simply being good enough to play in MLB doesn’t necessarily mean that you automatically get to play, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Ask Colin Kaepernick how that worked out for him.  Trevor is an asshole and teams don't want him in their locker rooms.  He doesn't have a right to pitch in MLB.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I know nothing about any of this - how difficult is it to “prove” some sort of collusion? Couldn’t clubs reasonably argue that they don’t want him on their team because he’s an unlikable, immature douchebag that they don’t want around (assuming there isn’t hard evidence that it’s more than that)?

When MLB lost the Collusion I, II, and III cases to the MLBPA in the 80's, they had memos, meeting minutes, etc discussing the collusion, and that was before everyone used email.

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Ask Colin Kaepernick how that worked out for him.  Trevor is an asshole and teams don't want him in their locker rooms.  He doesn't have a right to pitch in MLB.

Yeah, people who have been accused of much worse are still playing in the league.

He's unemployed because everybody who has ever met him fucking hates him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

When MLB lost the Collusion I, II, and III cases to the MLBPA in the 80's, they had memos, meeting minutes, etc discussing the collusion, and that was before everyone used email.

Yeah, I mean if there is communication about it, that’s what I’d think of as “hard evidence,” and that would seem to be pretty damning. 

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Kaepernick got a settlement from the NFL, so...

Posted (edited)

He never played again though.  And he probably actually was colluded against.  Teams have kicked the tires on Trevor, but none have been able to bring themselves to sign him.

Edited by kevwun

He never played again though.  And he probably actually was colluded against.  Teams have kicked the tires on Trevor, but none have been able to bring themselves to sign him.

If he hadn’t spent so much time trolling the Astros, I firmly believe he’d be on their roster right now.

Knowing that he likely has had the same thought fills my heart with so much glee.

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He never played again though.  And he probably actually was colluded against.

If there's a grievance filed, Bauer's never going to play again, either.  The result of a lawsuit won't be an arbitrator mandating that someone sign him; it will be a great big check.  

Offer him the lowest amount allowed, have several morality clauses built into  the contract. Toss in a few gag balls and a gimp mask and be done with it. Tell his agent this is an audition for next year and roll the dice. 

Do the deal Brown.

21 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's obvious he meant to say "Provably" false allegations but if I recall correctly that is only true for one of the accuser. I'm not sure why Derka continues to white knight for this guy but there are still multiple accusers (I believe three more) who have claimed sexual assault. It's certainly possible that all four are bringing false allegations but I sure wouldn't want to be the ownership group or PR person trying to claim that as part of any signing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It's obvious he meant to say "Provably" false allegations but if I recall correctly that is only true for one of the accuser. I'm not sure why Derka continues to white knight for this guy but there are still multiple accusers (I believe three more) who have claimed sexual assault. It's certainly possible that all four are bringing false allegations but I sure wouldn't want to be the ownership group or PR person trying to claim that as part of any signing. 

clearly you must not dabble in the Chris Beard thread....

1 hour ago, immamac said:

He's 33 so say he could get $33M per year today for the next decade. That's $330M, which is a far cry from $1B.

1 hour ago, n64ra said:

He's 33 so say he could get $33M per year today for the next decade. That's $330M, which is a far cry from $1B.

James's twitter probably auto-corrected "brazillion-dollar" to "billion-dollar."

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It's obvious he meant to say "Provably" false allegations but if I recall correctly that is only true for one of the accuser. 

Likewise, Bauer's auto-correct converted "provably" to "probably."

:)

gentleman, scholar, and all around best human being on the planet trevor bauer set a mexican league record with 19 ponches tonight, as only he can do. bauer, who is undoubtedly the greatest, best, and most talented pitcher on the planet, an inspiring speaker, and a sought after dinner guest, continues to face unprecedented persecution from major league baseball and its affiliates, a crime on par with the holocaust and the khmer rouge. all we can do now is pray that almighty god will forgive the mlb and its clubs for their dastardly, sickening, spiteful ways. may we all be blessed with the patience and virtue of st.trevor. amen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

20 hours ago, immamac said:

How did he “get fucked”, exactly?  

It’s not collusion for all 30 MLB teams to not want to sign a guy who is a notorious douchebag and clubhouse cancer who also wasn’t that good in Japan and has admitted to doing shit to women that most people would find reprehensible even though not illegal.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

gentleman, scholar, and all around best human being on the planet trevor bauer set a mexican league record with 19 ponches tonight, as only he can do. bauer, who is undoubtedly the greatest, best, and most talented pitcher on the planet, an inspiring speaker, and a sought after dinner guest, continues to face unprecedented persecution from major league baseball and its affiliates, a crime on par with the holocaust and the khmer rouge. all we can do now is pray that almighty god will forgive the mlb and its clubs for their dastardly, sickening, spiteful ways. may we all be blessed with the patience and virtue of st.trevor. amen.

Good. Leave him there then sounds like he’s doing great 

It’s telling that an independent arbitrator deemed Bauer’s conduct worthy of the longest suspension in league history.  It’s also telling that the MLBPA had no comment on that decision.  I don’t think anyone would argue that a player violating the league’s domestic violence policy is not a valid reason for teams not to sign a player.  Again, all these things can be true:

Bauer’s accusers are lying money grubbing whores.

Bauer is not a criminal.

Bauer is a piece of shit who violated the league’s domestic abuse policy and does not deserve an MLB contract.

Edited by Snake Diggity

7 hours ago, definitely not derka said:

image.png.00651a285da45e3fd7fa9e154eddc766.png