Evangelical Christians

Washpark

Fine, but no gay hating.  Just try being an anti racist, as in the terms of that book.

The thoughts on gays can’t help but turn into gay hating, or at the very least, providing/supporting zero legal protection for them when they are targeted, punished, harmed, imprisoned, killed, etc.
Always. 100% of the time. That’s what it turns into. Because you’ve already decided that they are “bad people,” and do “bad people” deserve any good things, like protection? Of course not.
In America, Christianity is mostly a weapon used to hurt, not a balm used to heal. We’d be better off without it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The thoughts on gays can’t help but turn into gay hating, or at the very least, providing/supporting zero legal protection for them when they are targeted, punished, harmed, imprisoned, killed, etc.
Always. 100% of the time. That’s what it turns into. Because you’ve already decided that they are “bad people,” and do “bad people” deserve any good things, like protection? Of course not.
In America, Christianity is mostly a weapon used to hurt, not a balm used to heal. We’d be better off without it.

Which is all the more unfortunate because the Jesus in the bible would have been out there at a gay pride event serving drinks and enjoying the company of people. I just don't get how people can read what he did and somehow come away with a message of hate.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

We’d be better off without it.

You have a propensity state the obvious, but this is understating the obvious. starting from the puritans forward Christianity's stranglehold on progress in this country is frustrating, to put it lightly on an atomic level. you know you suck if england kicks you the fuck out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Historically, Christianity has displayed resilience when persecuted. Perhaps that resilience leads to a religion closer to that which Christ espoused. Opprobrium, rather than lions, one can hope. When Christianity is used to oppress, it has jumped the rails, and deserves the public’s enmity.

My family’s history was shaped first by Catholic oppression; now evangelical and Protestant oppression are emulating the ills that led to their own genesis.

6 hours ago, Bookman said:

So why do you think the Bible is the Word of God? 

6 hours ago, BeardIP said:

2 Tim. 3:16-17

This verse is a really interesting topic to me because it can lead you down a rabbit trail. First, did Paul even write this book?

The reference to "all scripture" raises the question, what scripture? The new testament didn't exist at the time of the writing nor had any of Christian biblical canon been established yet.

The verse taken within historical context would seem to be referring to the Tanakh. Jesus and the disciples frequently cited it and not the NT for obvious reasons. Where things here get murky was that the Hebrew canon was being solidified and Christianity hadn't fully branched out of Judaism yet.

What were the scriptures the author of this verse referring to? The Septuagint is qouted by the author, so shouldn't all the deuterocanonical books be included in the bible? But if Paul a former pharisee is the author of this verse it's unlikely that he would consider the Septuagint as scripture.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Could you explain the bold statement please, as I do not have a feel for what you mean by that?  Honest question. i’m guessing this is related to a belief in the inerrant nature of the Bible, with the warfare being between those believers who take it literally and those who do not.    But I’m guessing. 

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

"A world dominated by spiritual warfare" Jesus Christ, calm it down. 

You're alive, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop making up unnecessary drama and just be kind to one another. 

There are Christians who literally believe that the world is against them spiritually or whatever.  I encountered it at my wife's old Baptist church (SBC).  They have this attitude that the things that happen in the world are tests for them, or that they (Christians) are being singled out and somehow targeted.  That's why they are so filled with rage against the LBGTQ community, non-Christians,  and the secular world at large. It's also why they want religion in schools (the Constitution be damned), even though they are dumbasses for thinking the government can solve their religious issues.

The Christians I'm talking about: "We obsess over everybody that's not a Christian, because the world wants to make our kids gay and pregnant and fentanyl users"

Everybody else:

Think Mad Men GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2024 at 4:45 PM, BeardIP said:

But above all else if you don't read the word for yourself and self-feed, among all these other things, you get what we have today in American Christianity:

1) A bunch of infant Christians being spoonfed by pastors (and who knows of what efficacy and ability and heart of those pastors) and being blind to know if how they are being led is even correct or good, 

Revisiting the Southern Baptists losing a lot of folks to other churches (or more likely losing them outright as they find other things to do at home or whatever) - here in 2024, you have pastors that, if they are not careful and continue to lose more of their congregation, the doors will close to their churches, and they'll be out of a job and maybe even a home.  

Does that influence their sermons and the activities that their churches sponsor?  I can't see how it wouldn't - they couldn't spread the Word if the doors are closed.

But it's a fine line to walk - if they pander to certain groups too much, they risk driving away a lot of younger families (happened with my wife's former church (Southern Baptist)). If they try to be a bit more "friendly" to various groups, they risk pissing off some of the olds (who donate a lot of time and money to the church).  They'll most likely cater to who gives them the most money.

On 6/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, Satchel said:

Now it’s Tony Evan’s’ time in the barrel. He’s stepping “away”because of “sin.”

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/dallas-county/oak-cliff-bible-fellowship-church-senior-pastor-tony-evans-stepping-away/287-2a83f54a-870c-4df3-acda-045cfd2c54e1

DALLAS — Tony Evans, who has served as the senior pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship Church for nearly 50 years, announced at services on Sunday he would be stepping away from his duties. 

In a statement, the church said this decision was made after multiple meetings between Evans and the church elders. 

The elder board is obligated to govern the church in accordance with the scriptures," the statement reads. "Dr. Evans and the elders agree that when any elder or pastor falls short of the high standards of scripture, the elders are responsible for providing accountability and maintaining integrity in the church."

In a written statement to the church, Evans said the foundation of the church has been its commitment to the word of God as the absolute supreme standard of truth to which they are to conform their lives.

"When we fall short of that standard due to sin, we are required to repent and restore our relationship with God," Evans wrote. "A number of years ago, I fell short of that standard."

Evans said that, while he hadn't committed any crime, he hadn't used righteous judgment in his actions. 

Evans added that Pastor Bobby Gibson and church leadership would keep its members informed on how things will continue moving forward. 

"I have never loved you more than I love you right now, and I’m trusting God to walk me through this valley," Evans concluded. "Thank you for your love, prayers, support, and forgiveness as I continue my spiritual healing journey."

While we wait, it turns out that Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church was Molesting a girl in the 80s from age 12-16, and she came forward.

Click into the links for the truly appalling details, such as the pastor’s wife forgiving the child for having been molested by her husband. 

and here, we have a letter from the elders, in which they ask:  what’s the big deal?

image.thumb.png.2d3a4a4ae2789f666f99e419fbf27297.png

• Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There are Christians who literally believe that the world is against them spiritually or whatever.  I encountered it at my wife's old Baptist church (SBC).  They have this attitude that the things that happen in the world are tests for them, or that they (Christians) are being singled out and somehow targeted.  That's why they are so filled with rage against the LBGTQ community, non-Christians,  and the secular world at large. It's also why they want religion in schools (the Constitution be damned), even though they are dumbasses for thinking the government can solve their religious issues.

The Christians I'm talking about: "We obsess over everybody that's not a Christian, because the world wants to make our kids gay and pregnant and fentanyl users"

Everybody else:

Think Mad Men GIF

The referenced scriptures from Ephesians are an allegory that evangelicals tend to take literally and then extrapolate it to demonic principalities over literal geographic territories. For instance, in their view a gay demon overlord rules the Montrose area in Houston who tricks men into butt sex.

The verses are an allegory and prior to the rise of evangelicalism influenced by weird pentecostalism, Christianity didn't have a concept of spiritual wars over geographical territory.

As a Christian, I would use the armor God to persevere in the Christian faith. I would remember the words of Christ and calm myself instead of smiting the fool that offended me like Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction would do. This new interpret shifts the struggle from the "Id/Ego/Superego" to ficticious enemies like the queer lord of Montrose and all the gheys.

The book Pilgrim's Progress written several hundred years ago probably best describes the purpose of the qouted verses from the book of Ephesians. It's an allegory to describe the journey of the individual in their perseverance of the Christian faith.

Now it's become a literal interpretation that justifies nonsense concepts such as Christian Nationalism and Dominionism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

While we wait, it turns out that Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church was Molesting a girl in the 80s from age 12-16, and she came forward.

Click into the links for the truly appalling details, such as the pastor’s wife forgiving the child for having been molested by her husband. 

and here, we have a letter from the elders, in which they ask:  what’s the big deal?

Those Gateway churches are little more than MAGA indoctrination camps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

JFC, this is infuriating. In his book, Pastor Morris talks about leaving the ministry. Evidently he was too prideful so the LORD “orchestrated the circumstances” for him to leave ministry in his 20’s. 

According to Pastor Morris, in other words, God “orchestrated” four years of life-shattering adolescent sexual abuse to teach him a lesson about pridefulness.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

JFC, this is infuriating. In his book, Pastor Morris talks about leaving the ministry. Evidently he was too prideful so the LORD “orchestrated the circumstances” for him to leave ministry in his 20’s. 

According to Pastor Morris, in other words, God “orchestrated” four years of life-shattering adolescent sexual abuse to teach him a lesson about pridefulness.

Another nugget from that link that's frustrating:

Robert Morris and his wife Debbie live in a home in the Dallas area with an estimated value of 3.27 million.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, safe sex said:

Pilgrim's Progress is peak theological fiction. Better than the Bible.

And this present darkness is peak evangelical fiction. And frankly concocted from that very verse. Literal demons have territories and are actively trying to sabotage Christians and heaven on earth through Christian government by tempting the people to sin. 

the demon of the Austin suburbs (?) got to me with “you can be who you are” temptation, he (?) told me I could have lesbian sex and I was like “PUT ME IN COACH!! I mean Mr. Demon?” 

reminds me when I was on the fast track for pastor hood at a non-denom church at the fucking age of 19 Jesus Christ - and a nitwit leader told me (they called it prophesying) in front of a large group I was going to be a star for Jesus but I had to watch out for ALL sin, demons were coming and they would use everything they could, even masturbation to stop my rise.

i was like “girl, if you only knew! Whacking off twice a day is the least of it.”

UT student watch group called the well respected Austin church’s student group a cult. We celebrated the label then. Glad I got out, glad I was kicked out to be more accurate.

weirdos.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

but damn those drag queens, amirite?

I think there is a whole department of demons in charge of alluring effeminate boys to dress in heels. 

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, troph said:

I think there is a whole department of demons in charge of alluring effeminate boys to dress in heels. 

In contrast to aforementioned gay groomer demons, according to Pastor Robert Morris and the Elders of Gateway Church, The Lord God Jehovah Himself is putting promising young ministers into the homes of 12 year old temptresses that the preachers may be humbled in sin and learn to take a break!

And then whatever happens to wayward girls, I guess.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

And this present darkness is peak evangelical fiction. And frankly concocted from that very verse. Literal demons have territories and are actively trying to sabotage Christians and heaven on earth through Christian government by tempting the people to sin. 

the demon of the Austin suburbs (?) got to me with “you can be who you are” temptation, he (?) told me I could have lesbian sex and I was like “PUT ME IN COACH!! I mean Mr. Demon?” 

reminds me when I was on the fast track for pastor hood at a non-denom church at the fucking age of 19 Jesus Christ - and a nitwit leader told me (they called it prophesying) in front of a large group I was going to be a star for Jesus but I had to watch out for ALL sin, demons were coming and they would use everything they could, even masturbation to stop my rise.

i was like “girl, if you only knew! Whacking off twice a day is the least of it.”

UT student watch group called the well respected Austin church’s student group a cult. We celebrated the label then. Glad I got out, glad I was kicked out to be more accurate.

weirdos.

I've seen you mention a religious background before but didn't know you were caught up with the crazier Christian groups. That has to be rough on a young person's mind.

I've read that book myself. I can see how it would feed into people's paranoia about the world being full of demonic influence. As I recall, there was a bathhouse scene where the gays were under some kind of demonic hypnotic influence while getting their grove on. I remember thinking that the writer seems pretty familiar with gay stuff.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, troph said:

weirdos.

I always thought “prophesying” was an idiot yokel thing my Dad used in place of the right word.   Now I learn it’s fuckin’ dogma.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 hours ago, F250 said:

The referenced scriptures from Ephesians are an allegory that evangelicals tend to take literally and then extrapolate it to demonic principalities over literal geographic territories. For instance, in their view a gay demon overlord rules the Montrose area in Houston who tricks men into butt sex.

The verses are an allegory and prior to the rise of evangelicalism influenced by weird pentecostalism, Christianity didn't have a concept of spiritual wars over geographical territory.

As a Christian, I would use the armor God to persevere in the Christian faith. I would remember the words of Christ and calm myself instead of smiting the fool that offended me like Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction would do. This new interpret shifts the struggle from the "Id/Ego/Superego" to ficticious enemies like the queer lord of Montrose and all the gheys.

The book Pilgrim's Progress written several hundred years ago probably best describes the purpose of the qouted verses from the book of Ephesians. It's an allegory to describe the journey of the individual in their perseverance of the Christian faith.

Now it's become a literal interpretation that justifies nonsense concepts such as Christian Nationalism and Dominionism.

That's just, like, your opinion, man.  I think the Gaylord of Montrose has gotten hold of you. 

You need more God Armor®️

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, F250 said:

I've seen you mention a religious background before but didn't know you were caught up with the crazier Christian groups. That has to be rough on a young person's mind.

I've read that book myself. I can see how it would feed into people's paranoia about the world being full of demonic influence. As I recall, there was a bathhouse scene where the gays were under some kind of demonic hypnotic influence while getting their grove on. I remember thinking that the writer seems pretty familiar with gay stuff.

High society SBC (as a poor) DRIVE TOO FAR >> suburb First Baptist PREACHER SCANDAL >> Bible church SHAMED  >>  PAUSE BACKSLIDING >> East Texas Assembly of God home church off shoot DEMONS CAST OUT >> watered down Pentecostal charismatic Austin church KICKED OUT >> a Vineyard branded church LEFT >> succumb to demonic influence when the legions of drag queen demons started up the trans demonic squad. 

I was pretty earnest, I had a dozen bibles and study aids, read the thing probably 3-4 times. I gave Jesus my best for 20 years. 

I’ve been known to do Christmas service at a United Methodist church but that’s it.

The politics and religion of sexual orientation and gender identity are just too much for me to ever consider returning. And that’s before trumpism and really understanding racism.  It’s too much. It does too much harm. Hating others to feel good about yourself instead of doing good to feel good about yourself is no way to go through life son. So no thanks.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Reading all these Evangelical stories and inherent hypocrisy-insanity-prejudice …. makes me realize how lucky I was growing up.

Just damn lucky that the cosmic dice rolled in my favor with the parents I had. I’ve said this before in Surly, last year.

DAD: My dad was middle class, went to UT on the GI Bill after serving in the Navy during the Korean War. Was agnostic and later atheist, though not outspoken or an activist at all. He saw a nuclear bomb test in the South Pacific and one outside Vegas ….thought nukes and war were basically nuts. No sign of a benevolent God anywhere to stop the horror. Dad never set foot in a church except for funerals.

MOM: My mom grew up poor on a small farm in Central Texas. Had high school education. Met my dad in a jazz dive bar in Austin when he was at UT. She loved all things “Texas," was God-fearing, but did not trust any preachers or ministers — thought they were all con men. Loathed those "TV preachers." She never went to church except for weddings and funerals. 

Our family never went to church. Never!  We never discussed "God, Jesus, religion, sin," etc. 

As a consequence, my brother and I were never indoctrinated into all that religious myth and superstition.

First and foremost: we were taught to be honest, work hard, get an education, always be learning, and treat everyone with respect. It’s worked so far.  (Sadly, my successful O&G brother went MAGA, because "Biden is gonna shut down Texas oil!" But at least he has not brought up religion).

By the time I was 20-21, I was atheist. I was an avid philosophy reader. My mind was never constrained with the fear, guilt, hate, and all-knowing deity hocus-pocus.

My parents were not perfect, later divorced. But still … damn lucky, I was.

PS: Though my mom thought all preachers/ministers were con men, she always voted R …. until Trump showed up. She thought Trump was a con man, just like preachers! So mom did not vote for Trump and that makes me damn proud. She passed away in 2019.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Reading all these Evangelical stories and inherent hypocrisy-insanity-prejudice …. makes me realize how lucky I was growing up.

Just damn lucky that the cosmic dice rolled in my favor with the parents I had. I’ve said this before in Surly, last year.

DAD: My dad was middle class, went to UT on the GI Bill after serving in the Navy during the Korean War. Was agnostic and later atheist, though not outspoken or an activist at all. He saw a nuclear bomb test in the South Pacific and one outside Vegas ….thought nukes and war were basically nuts. No sign of a benevolent God anywhere to stop the horror. Dad never set foot in a church except for funerals.

MOM: My mom grew up poor on a small farm in Central Texas. Had high school education. Met my dad in a jazz dive bar in Austin when he was at UT. She loved all things “Texas," was God-fearing, but did not trust any preachers or ministers — thought they were all con men. Loathed those "TV preachers." She never went to church except for weddings and funerals. 

Our family never went to church. Never!  We never discussed "God, Jesus, religion, sin," etc. 

As a consequence, my brother and I were never indoctrinated into all that religious myth and superstition.

First and foremost: we were taught to be honest, work hard, get an education, always be learning, and treat everyone with respect. It’s worked so far.  (Sadly, my successful O&G brother went MAGA, because "Biden is gonna shut down Texas oil!" But at least he has not brought up religion).

By the time I was 20-21, I was atheist. I was an avid philosophy reader. My mind was never constrained with the fear, guilt, hate, and all-knowing deity hocus-pocus.

My parents were not perfect, later divorced. But still … damn lucky, I was.

PS: Though my mom thought all preachers/ministers were con men, she always voted R …. until Trump showed up. She thought Trump was a con man, just like preachers! So mom did not vote for Trump and that makes me damn proud. She passed away in 2019.

I was out of the thick of it by age 23 and fortunate dove head first into law school and left completely by 27 with a legit career started. I got off easy. I have friends whose lives are still devastated, approaching age 50. 

my kids “believe in science” as their “religion” so I think we’ve ended that devastation in one generation. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, troph said:

I was out of the thick of it by age 23 and fortunate dove head first into law school and left completely by 27. I got off easy. I have friends whose lives are devastated, still approaching 50. 

my kids “believe in science” as their “religion” so I think we’ve ended that devastation in one generation. 

That's fantastic! Once you grasp the science of evolution/expanding universe, you realize there is no need for a God for anything. The awe and wonder is not religious, but is a deeply aesthetic feeling: the sublime! Philosophers have written about it for centuries. Many Surly posters would greatly benefit from going to a Star Party at UT’s McDonald Observatory. I've been many times. A truly awe-inspiring wondrous experience. 

And I have former high school friends who are messed up and steeped in all that evangelical nonsense and "God is speaking to us……” 

Troph: Your profound courage and attitude are 100% badass! You have my complete and total admiration!

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, troph said:

High society SBC (as a poor) DRIVE TOO FAR >> suburb First Baptist PREACHER SCANDAL >> Bible church SHAMED  >>  PAUSE BACKSLIDING >> East Texas Assembly of God home church off shoot DEMONS CAST OUT >> watered down Pentecostal charismatic Austin church KICKED OUT >> a Vineyard branded church LEFT >> succumb to demonic influence when the legions of drag queen demons started up the trans demonic squad. 

I was pretty earnest, I had a dozen bibles and study aids, read the thing probably 3-4 times. I gave Jesus my best for 20 years. 

I’ve been known to do Christmas service at a United Methodist church but that’s it.

The politics and religion of sexual orientation and gender identity are just too much for me to ever consider returning. And that’s before trumpism and really understanding racism.  It’s too much. It does too much harm. Hating others to feel good about yourself instead of doing good to feel good about yourself is no way to go through life son. So no thanks.

That is quite a spiritual journey. East Texas Assembly of God sounds horrific. The AoG are like charismatic baptists but with kookier ideas.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, F250 said:

That is quite a spiritual journey. East Texas Assembly of God sounds horrific. The AoG are like charismatic baptists but with kookier ideas.

Ironically, the East Texas bunch was the most helpful - at the time I needed something to get me out of a bad downward spiral - alcohol, drugs, bad crew, no motivation to succeed. At that time Jesus was the only answer not the best answer. Scrape your knee? Don’t rub dirt on it rub some Jesus on it. Car broke down? You don’t need a mechanic you need Jesus. So rehab wasn’t really on my radar. Prayer was it. I don’t know if I dug my way out or if religion did it but either way I found myself clean, sober, motivated and making As at UT. They were radical, radical mystics in the simplest terms. They called out the hypocrisy of many church leaders and just wanted to help people who were struggling. But I never got that deep into their theology, I was there for about a year, drove from Austin to East Texas once a week for church service in a converted garage in the middle of the woods. All told I probably went to 25-30 services there maybe even less. I actually have a soft spot for that crew. But I’m under no illusion, I would not be welcome today. Bitches would be laying hands on me and screaming the demons out. It was the non-denominational church after East Texas that did the most damage. 

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

That's fantastic! Once you grasp the science of evolution/expanding universe, you realize there is no need for a God for anything. The awe and wonder is not religious, but is a deeply aesthetic feeling: the sublime! Philosophers have written about it for centuries. Many Surly posters would greatly benefit from going to a Star Party at UT’s McDonald Observatory. I've been many times. A truly awe-inspiring wondrous experience. 

And I have former high school friends who are messed up and steeped in all that evangelical nonsense and "God is speaking to us……” 

Troph: Your profound courage and attitude are 100% badass! You have my complete and total admiration!

We need to do a star party in a BAD way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, F250 said:

I went to SAGU. I believe they are changing the name of the school now to Nelson University in honor of the founder from 1927, PC Nelson. I met some really nice folks there and I met some folks that I would never, ever want to associate with under any circumstances. I did not keep in contact with most of the friends from there. The one who died from sickle cell, Dedrick, probably had the biggest positive impact upon my life of anyone I crossed paths with at that school. 

I say all that to say that what I saw of them was intolerance towards homosexuality and there was a whole lot of racism right under the surface there. I doubt much has changed on that front. I will never understand folks who espouse the name of Jesus and then do the exact opposite of what he would have done. I go to a Brazilian Baptist church now (Zero association with the SBC thank God) and before that was at a church in The Bronx that had a woman as its pastor. She was pretty awesome and very accepting of anyone and everyone who wasn’t hateful.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is this where we discuss southlake mega church pastor Robert Morris admitting to molesting a twelve yr old girl when he was in his 20s over the course of 4 yrs?

Is this where we discuss southlake mega church pastor Robert Morris admitting to molesting a twelve yr old girl when he was in his 20s over the course of 4 yrs?

Depends. Do we also discuss how the 12 yr old was a temptress put there by god to test the pastor, and give him a chance to find his way? And how his wife called the fucking victim to tell her…that she forgave the VICTIM?
These people are liars and hypocrites to the extreme. They are the living, breathing embodiment of “the Antichrist,” and they are the most powerful people in American Christendom.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What if I said Trump has visited that southlake church on multiple occasions. Would that surprise you? Or if I said that church has been a brazen leader in pushing school board upheaval in southlake? 

• Rage+1 3

Paul didn't write Ephesians. It is a forgery written in his name and it's not at all subtle.

https://ehrmanblog.org/did-paul-write-pauls-letter-to-the-ephesians/

The first sentence in Ephesians is the actual author lying about his own identity, and falsely claiming to be the Apostle Paul. 

Ephesians is not the word of God, or of Paul. Ephesians is the work of an imposter. It's no coincidence that the same people who can't see this, also can't see through Trump. 

37 minutes ago, Pods said:

Paul didn't write Ephesians. It is a forgery written in his name and it's not at all subtle.

https://ehrmanblog.org/did-paul-write-pauls-letter-to-the-ephesians/

The first sentence in Ephesians is the actual author lying about his own identity, and falsely claiming to be the Apostle Paul. 

Ephesians is not the word of God, or of Paul. Ephesians is the work of an imposter. It's no coincidence that the same people who can't see this, also can't see through Trump. 

That’s super interesting. I always had trouble with Pauline inconsistencies but then there are inconsistencies throughout scripture. 

8 hours ago, troph said:

I’m beginning to appreciate pissing in the fireplace as the much more complicated and appropriate action than it seemed at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The consistency is that both real Paul and fake Paul were dicks.

Real Paul was the best.

It's been rough and rocky traveling
But I'm finally standing upright on the ground
After taking several readings
I'm surprised to find my mind's still fairly sound
I guess Nashville was the roughest
But I know I've said the same about them all
We received our education
In the cities of the nation, me and Paul

• Hook 'Em 2