Evangelical Christians

Washpark

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Fuck MS13 insurance there is a remote chance something might actually happen, this is the ticket right here.  A monthly title insurance subscription plan for a plot of land in heaven is what we need to do.   

The possibilities are endless:

Heaven Home Builder

Heaven Realtor/Broker

Heaven Pool Installer

Heaven concierge medicine contracts

Heaven law services

I see an entire new cottage industry to suck the idiots dry.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Posted in the education thread too, Oklahoma Supreme Court rejects zealots' attempts at a publicly funded Catholic charter school. What pisses me off the most is that the Archbishop in OKC and the Bishop of Tulsa are listed as the members of the school and have been promoting it publicly. Just more proof that religious folks give zero shits about anyone but themselves. So glad I broke free of my catholic upbringing. 

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/ok-supreme-court-rules-catholic-charter-school-unconstitutional?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR39xW5jcAgzZfMfsBee4oVbjdvBFKVamIkwf1k6IaMTb5hU1KcvnM58Row_aem_zTyYgW4254OY1DuZJqEheQ

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Hello friends

I think it's pretty well-settled that the most evil, cruel "movement" in the western world is "evangelical Christianity."  There is no depth they won't sink to, no evil they won't perpetrate, first and foremost to satisfy their own greed and lust (for sex and power).  The only people who argue otherwise are....evangelical Christians. 

By the way, change the location to "the arab/muslim world" and change "evangelical Christians" to "Islamofascists," and the statements above fit perfectly.

The coincidence is no coincidence at all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Technically speaking, isn't that correct? If she said send me money or I will expose you, that is a crime. Not that it makes any of this any less disgusting, but there may be an actual legal issue here for her if that is what happened. 

Sure, if she makes a "threat of exposure." Nothing in the Independent article says she actually threatened him. She wrote,“Twenty-three years after you began destroying my life, I am still dealing with the pain and damage you caused. I want some type of restitution. Pray about it and call me."

It seems pretty clear that he was simply trying to intimidate her.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Sure, if she makes a "threat of exposure." Nothing in the Independent article says she actually threatened him. She wrote,“Twenty-three years after you began destroying my life, I am still dealing with the pain and damage you caused. I want some type of restitution. Pray about it and call me."

It seems pretty clear that he was simply trying to intimidate her.

Got it. I was just going off the email that was posted there, which didn't include her original message. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Oklahoma state superintendent announces all schools must incorporate the Bible and the Ten Commandments in curriculums

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/27/us/oklahoma-schools-bible-curriculum/index.html

Ryan Walters is a complete toady fucktard.  Billable hours shall ensue.

Edited by TeeDubya

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Can these fucking christians just leave the rest of us alone? You want to teach your kids about your sky daddy and your particular mythology? Go for it. Leave. Us. The. Fuck. Alone 

A lot like a pyramid scheme, their business model requires them to recruit others, and yes it's a business.  So fat chance of that happening any time soon.  

You can always depend on Oklahoma to focus on the important things. Forget the crumbling infrastructure, high paying jobs being outsourced, or paying teachers peanuts. As long as the Bible is in schools it's all good.

How long until Kansas and Texas follow suit?

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Okie State said:

You can always depend on Oklahoma to focus on the important things. Forget the crumbling infrastructure, high paying jobs being outsourced, or paying teachers peanuts. As long as the Bible is in schools it's all good.

How long until Kansas and Texas follow suit?

Not long. Right wingism is all the rage.

21 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

Ryan Walters is a complete toady fucktard.  Billable hours shall ensue.

Relatives who teach there said the Bible was barely mentioned in what he is trying to cite as his justification, that he was unwilling to point out what statute mandates this Bible stuff, and that elected state officials are already publicly warning school districts to tread lightly and read the statutes carefully and not what Walters is claiming.  One of my cousins texted me that her school district’s leadership are flipping out because parents have already contacted them and told them to expect lawsuits if they are pushing the Bible stuff in the fall.  Even though in theory then lawsuits should be handled at the state level, the guidelines are not clear for the districts in terms of what to actually do, and so it’s going to be a fucking mess.

She had 20 kids in her class last school year, and said if you asked the parents how religion should be taught, you’d have 20 different ideas.  They have four schools in their district, and their legal resources are extremely slim.

20 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Can these fucking christians just leave the rest of us alone? You want to teach your kids about your sky daddy and your particular mythology? Go for it. Leave. Us. The. Fuck. Alone 

Well, you see, the very people who think government is broken and should be dismantled and stripped and sold off to contractors are the very same people who think the same government should be teaching religion,

20 hours ago, BamaATL said:

A lot like a pyramid scheme, their business model requires them to recruit others, and yes it's a business.  So fat chance of that happening any time soon.  

Yep.  This should not surprise anybody, given the steep decline/changes in religious affiliations, church attendance, etc.  if you’re losing the olds, try to get them back with the youth.

And as church attendance declines, expect these kids of measures to ramp up.

According to to The Great Commission Jesus came to them and said:
“Go therefore and annoy thy neighbors”

On 6/27/2024 at 4:56 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

preach christina aguilera GIF

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1