Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

17 hours ago, wood said:

To be a sportswriter/reporter these days, apparently the only qualification necessary is a journalism degree. Most of them know far less about the sport they cover than any serious fan does. 

Actually the qualification seems to be predicated on getting and maintaining access.   The hard way is to build up a reputation as a good reporter with numerous readers that take you seriously and respect your work.   The easy way is to pander.   That is modern journalism and why serious people also have an issue with the state of popular journalism across the subject matter and industries.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 8:28 PM, wood said:

Yeah ... had they drafted VY and let him do what VY did (get Ws), I'd have been an instant Texans fan and would probably still be one today, still buying Texans Super Bowl memorabilia, VY MVP merch, etc. Instead, they instantly alienated me. Completely. Forever. Fuck that idiotic POS franchise.

I'm sure I'm not alone in all of that, either.

Couldn't agree more. I would have embraced the Texans if they had drafted Vince, but since they didn't, well, fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ
indiana jones father GIF

All the Longhorns fans who weren’t really Texans fans in their brief 4 year existence hold a grudge for 20+ years for not doing what the other 31 NFL teams wouldn’t do either. The Titans/Fisher fucked VY up, and the other 30 teams didn’t or couldn’t do anything with him afterwards. Andy Reid who everyone loves and praises wouldn’t keep him on as a backup. Buffalo and Cleveland both signed him and cut him in favor of shitty QBs. Yet it’s all the Texans’ fault, and let’s keep crying about it two decades later even though the idiot GM and coach are both long gone and the owner is dead. Charlie Casserly is a fucktard. Gary Kubiak desperately wanted a head coaching job and sold McNair that he could salvage David Carr because Dom Capers was an offensive retard. That’s it, no widespread conspiracy to ruin VY’s life and piss all over Longhorn alumni. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:40 PM, Zone Read said:

Yep.  Same for me except I was a bit older than you.  Went to all 2005 home games, OU, Big 12 championship, and the 2006 Rose Bowl that season.  I seriously wondered what the point in getting season tickets for the upcoming years was.  I'd never see a season and an NC game like that again.

That was a special season.  But I loved the way Colt McCoy would almost always find a way to comeback and win.

2023 was pretty good.  2024 or 2025 may be pretty special.

3 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

Anyone know why VY missed his SEC Network appearance this evening?

Probably cause he couldn't find parking.  We left before pitbull.  It was bad.  They had security gates, then they took them all down and let everyone in.  Someone may die tonight.  It was nit planned well.  

• 2 weeks later...