WTF is wrong with people? 16-yo kid outside Houston tries to "roll coal" on cyclists, runs them over instead; walks free

C-Man

54 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

That is fucking horrible.  I guess with so many people around they have lost all value on life.  Especially children.  

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Double-hit cases” have been around for decades. I first heard of the “hit-to-kill” phenomenon in Taiwan in the mid-1990s when I was working there as an English teacher. A fellow teacher would drive us to classes. After one near-miss of a motorcyclist, he said, “If I hit someone, I’ll hit him again and make sure he’s dead.” Enjoying my shock, he explained that in Taiwan, if you cripple a man, you pay for the injured person’s care for a lifetime. But if you kill the person, you “only have to pay once, like a burial fee.” He insisted he was serious—and that this was common.

That’s the way it was when we lived there 1957-59. 
Once in a while going to & from Taipei American School we would see a dead person on the side of the road covered with a grass mat. Dead pedestrians were covered that way until their families came to claim the body. No morgue for you.

14 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Once in a while going to & from Taipei American School we would see a dead person on the side of the road covered with a grass mat. Dead pedestrians were covered that way until their families came to claim the body. No morgue for you.

Are there any other planets which I can populate? This one kind of sucks.

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

No murder laws in Taiwan? 

DFW guy booking in Tarrant County
HYLANDER, BENJAMIN PETER 433 LOWERY OAKS TRL FORT WORTH TX 76120
1034771 6/18/2024 24-0152307 ACCIDENT INVOLVING INJURY 24-0152307 DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED BAC >= 0.15 24-0152307 INTOXICATION ASSAULT W/VEHICLE SBI
His wife works for TCU athletics
https://gofrogs.com/staff-directory/jessica-hylander/522

When he ran them over, did he yell “THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!”?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, SameSame said:

DFW guy booking in Tarrant County

HYLANDER, BENJAMIN PETER 433 LOWERY OAKS TRL FORT WORTH TX 76120

1034771 6/18/2024 24-0152307 ACCIDENT INVOLVING INJURY 24-0152307 DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED BAC >= 0.15 24-0152307 INTOXICATION ASSAULT W/VEHICLE SBI

His wife works for TCU athletics

https://gofrogs.com/staff-directory/jessica-hylander/522

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13547977/Texas-cyclists-mowed-airport.html

86336155-13547977-image-a-35_17188269199

86332993-13547977-image-m-7_171882351855

What is the worse crime? Running over the dudes playing in the street or the cargo shorts?

• Fuck You 1

If any of you guys have had your luggage lost at DFW when flying American, now you know why. 

I'm having trouble believing this guy is married to the gal posted above.

Accused drunken driver slams into 2 cyclists near Dallas-Fort Worth airport, police say

Two cyclists were hit by an accused drunk driver near Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on Monday.

The collision occurred near the intersection of North Airfield Drive and Freeport Parkway in Irving. It was captured on video posted to X.

In the video, a white 2020 Subaru Forester can be seen quickly approaching the cyclists from behind, then colliding with two of them. The cyclists fell onto the road, and the car swerved and stopped briefly.

The driver then moved forward, running over one of the cyclists in the road with its front and back wheels before driving off.

The driver was identified as Benjamin Hylander, 31, of Fort Worth, according to DFW airport police. His job was listed as working for American Airlines’ cargo team.

The police found the group of cyclists around 6 p.m. on Monday. According to police reports, some of the cyclists followed Hylander’s car to a nearby Shell gas station, where they told him to return to the accident.

While the cyclist he had hit was being treated by paramedics, Hylander ran to the scene and shouted, “I’m sorry,” police said. He attempted to speak to an injured cyclist but was pulled away by officers.

The victims were identified as Thomas Geppert, 69, and Deborah Eads, 65, both of Grapevine. Geppert’s injury was listed as a “severe laceration” and he was hospitalized at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Grapevine on Monday night.

Eads’ injuries were also listed as “severe laceration” but were treated by paramedics at the scene and did not require hospitalization.

Hylander told police he had drunk beer in Grapevine an hour earlier. The amount he said he drank changed as police were interviewing him, they said.

Hylander was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. Results of a breathalyzer test showed his blood alcohol concentration was over 0.15, the minimum threshold for a second degree misdemeanor DWI charge.

While searching Hylander’s car, police found six empty cans of Voodoo Ranger beer in a backpack behind the passenger seat. The car was towed and is being held for evidence.

Hylander is charged with two counts of intoxication assault with a vehicle, one count of accident involving injury and one count of driving while intoxicated. He is in custody at the Tarrant County Corrections Center.

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If any of you guys have had your luggage lost at DFW when flying American, now you know why. 

I'm having trouble believing this guy is married to the gal posted above.

Accused drunken driver slams into 2 cyclists near Dallas-Fort Worth airport, police say

Two cyclists were hit by an accused drunk driver near Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on Monday.

The collision occurred near the intersection of North Airfield Drive and Freeport Parkway in Irving. It was captured on video posted to X.

In the video, a white 2020 Subaru Forester can be seen quickly approaching the cyclists from behind, then colliding with two of them. The cyclists fell onto the road, and the car swerved and stopped briefly.

The driver then moved forward, running over one of the cyclists in the road with its front and back wheels before driving off.

The driver was identified as Benjamin Hylander, 31, of Fort Worth, according to DFW airport police. His job was listed as working for American Airlines’ cargo team.

The police found the group of cyclists around 6 p.m. on Monday. According to police reports, some of the cyclists followed Hylander’s car to a nearby Shell gas station, where they told him to return to the accident.

While the cyclist he had hit was being treated by paramedics, Hylander ran to the scene and shouted, “I’m sorry,” police said. He attempted to speak to an injured cyclist but was pulled away by officers.

The victims were identified as Thomas Geppert, 69, and Deborah Eads, 65, both of Grapevine. Geppert’s injury was listed as a “severe laceration” and he was hospitalized at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Grapevine on Monday night.

Eads’ injuries were also listed as “severe laceration” but were treated by paramedics at the scene and did not require hospitalization.

Hylander told police he had drunk beer in Grapevine an hour earlier. The amount he said he drank changed as police were interviewing him, they said.

Hylander was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. Results of a breathalyzer test showed his blood alcohol concentration was over 0.15, the minimum threshold for a second degree misdemeanor DWI charge.

While searching Hylander’s car, police found six empty cans of Voodoo Ranger beer in a backpack behind the passenger seat. The car was towed and is being held for evidence.

Hylander is charged with two counts of intoxication assault with a vehicle, one count of accident involving injury and one count of driving while intoxicated. He is in custody at the Tarrant County Corrections Center.

They're definitely married.  Her facebook is open.   https://www.facebook.com/jessica.hylander.22/

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SameSame said:

They're definitely married.  Her facebook is open.   https://www.facebook.com/jessica.hylander.22/

After seeing he played ball for Trinity International (looked it up -- located in Illinois), and she got her Bachelor's from something called Olivet Nazarene (also located in Illinois), I'm convinced. The headshot for the ball team and the mugshot seem to match.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Voodoo Ranger is delicious. (Regular IPA. I don’t need to blackout at light speed with Juice Force)

I'd never heard of Juice Force, but I've had their Imperial (9%). Shit will mess you up. I can't imagine trying to do much anything serious after a sixer, let alone drive to or from work in a bustling metropolitan area.

58 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Voodoo Ranger is delicious. (Regular IPA. I don’t need to blackout at light speed with Juice Force)

I toured their Ft Collins brewery a couple of years ago and drank a few Juice  Force right off the canning line. Its good shit if you like IPA's, but it hits hard.....as Ben can now attest. 

14 hours ago, bolverk said:

Glad they caught this guy but reminder to never talk to the police if you're detained for a crime. Of course 6 beers @ 10% ABV isn't exactly the time when you're at your best.