[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

look. I'm not saying Sark sucks or anything of the sort.  I'm trying to figure out if he is the guy to get us out of the Herman, Mackovic, McWilliams type rut.

I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this, but I hope he can be Mack Brown-like.  Some 9-11 win years starting off while he figures some shit out, along the way with some frustrations and growing pains, but then catching lightning in a bottle like Mack did 04-09.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Damn the defense forced 3 TOs and up until that final drive had only allowed 252 yards. I think that 99 yarder skewed some things, but it absolutely should have been better played.

Yeah they started slow but overall not a bad game. Some of that was TCU pass game sucking though. Regardless, run D is still suspect

4 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

It will also be interesting to see how the cockroaches feel about Patterson after today's loss. My thought would be that they made it a game and he should be safe.

It may be hard for any Irate 8 to make a big coaching change. They don't know what to expect in revenue post 2025, 2020 burned a hole in their pockets, and you got to pay the market for a new guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Anybody saying the play calling sucked discredits themselves.  Yes were there a few playcalls that could have been different?  Sure but every playcaller has those.  That said the playcalling allowed the one guy who was dominating to.....dominate.  That is the definition of solid playcalling.  Maybe not spectacular but it got the job done and certainly didn't suck.  

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm not at all unhappy with the win. I am frustrated that this team didn't play to their standard. They know it, we know it. Its okay to acknowledge that. You weak bitches saying we can't hang with the top teams need to get your mind right. 

They sure weren't ready to play at the start.  Then the pass game was pitiful.

2 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this, but I hope he can be Mack Brown-like.  Some 9-11 win years starting off while he figures some shit out, along the way with some frustrations and growing pains, but then catching lightning in a bottle like Mack did 04-09.

I could have added 2010-2013 Brown to the list.

I'm not at all unhappy with the win. I am frustrated that this team didn't play to their standard. They know it, we know it. Its okay to acknowledge that. You weak bitches saying we can't hang with the top teams need to get your mind right. 

Yeah it was sloppy but a sloppy win like that shows how the team is growing and developing. Casey needed a tough game as that will help him develop. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Damn the defense forced 3 TOs and up until that final drive had only allowed 252 yards. I think that 99 yarder skewed some things, but it absolutely should have been better played.

bump.  defense improved.  we are not a great defense and not so talented but we are being coached up.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Tell me you haven't seen our OL play without telling me you haven't seen our OL play.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

It’s good to play well under your ability and still win.

It’s great for getting focused for ou. 

OL is hit and miss play to play, but is slowly winning more plays than they lose. 

the lack of consistent pass rush is now what I feel most concerned about, and am assuming rattler will just stand back there and carve us up because that is something he can do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I'm happy with the W.

To play as shit-tastically as everyone outside of Bijan did and to still come up with a road win against Fat Pat is one by me.

Worthy sucked.

The D sucked

The play calling sucked

Casey wasn't good.

Still got the win.

Hallelujah, Holy shit where is the Tylenol..

d20ffd08-3f86-4531-9e30-cc8d1ab8fffb.mp4

Edited by bmbmd

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Because Tech doesn't always play us tough.  Since they ousted Leach, they've actually played like complete pussies against us.  You're not making the point you think you're making.  You're not making any point at all.

I'm well aware what points I'm making. The issue is you're not looking at this objectively and trying to find comfort in a poor Longhorns performance. 

Of course TCU plays us tough and Patterson loves beating us. They also play SMU tough and love beating them. You're downplaying a very historic, regional rivalry in order to place more import on another "rivalry". 

Maybe the issue is that Texas plays like shit against TCU and SMU hasn't the past couple meetings? Try another perspective. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The biggest reason we didn't score 40+ was the 97 penalty yards. Just a sloppy game with the personal fouls and pre snap movement.

Off the top of my head at least 30 of those personal foul yards were the purest form of BS and likely more than that.

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We got 3 TOs, but two of them were pure gifts where the one guy just dropped the ball.  One of the 3 was forced.

Just now, OU Sucks said:

Yeah, I know, all those 15 yard penalties for barely touching players or celebrating after a turnover.  Oh wait, those were against us.

I can understand being upset after the targeting call, but that call was more than made up for over the course of the game. It was just a terribly ref’d game overall. 

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The biggest reason we didn't score 40+ was the 97 penalty yards. Just a sloppy game with the personal fouls and pre snap movement.

In fairness to the line, we did lose a starter early and they were shuffling people all around.

• Hook 'Em 1