Fuck the Police!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernard

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's an abuse that is going to have a real-world consequence as everyone disables their emergency alerts on their phone.

So when there's a tornado that nobody gets notice of, or when there's a kidnapped kid that nobody knows about, you can thank DPS and the Hall County Sheriff's Department.

Buncha stupid fuckwads.

100% this.  I decided to go ahead and wake up when the thing went off. 

Shortly thereafter went to google and started typing in blue alert s when google autofilled the rest of story for me.  Clearly I wasn't alone in that search

Then I googled Hall County because I didn't know where the fuck it was.  Amarillo?  I am in South Texas.  Is the dude on a plane? Want me to meet him at the airport?

Next google - ios blue alert not - which autofilled for me how to turn off blue alert notifications

Problem is - its really an all or nothing for the big ones.  There isn't a "blue alert" toggle.  So, for me, it is nothing.  No alerts at all.  Thanks a lot Hall County

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

DPS literally took down the "Contact us" website for the public to reach out to them about Blue Alerts...lol this is the most crooked ass Texas gubmint shit...

Like I said, call your rep. The staffers I spoke to also got the alerts and didn't sound happy about it, so there's a decent chance it'll actually hit their desk and they'll push from their position 

• Hook 'Em 1

What y'all fail to realize is that cops are gods.  They are above us mere humans.  So we should jump up when they say so.  If a cop is even minorly inconvenienced at 4:53 a.m. (say, for example, his preferred donut shop does not have the chocolate covered sour cream donut that he demands), all of Texas should be awakened to make things right in the world.  Your betters, your superiors, your heroes, nay, gods in blue, DEMAND it.  Who are YOU to refuse, peasant?  DANCE, PEASANT, DANCE!

Imagine a way that cops can hold the rest of us in complete disdain and contempt.  Then realize that the cops already thought of it first.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

"I mean, yeah--he killed a cop.  But on the other hand, they shouldn't have woken me up at 4:53 AM to tell me about it.  NOT GUILTY!"

Even if he did kill him, which he didn't, what the hell am I, a random person trying to sleep in Houston which is almost 500 miles away, supposed to do when DPS pushes this alert and all the phones in my house go off at 4:53 am? Am I supposed to strap up with my utility belt and Batman leotard and cape and start looking for 33 year old white man wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans to beat to a pulp? The whole concept of the "blue alert" is dumb pro-cop propaganda and blasting them out statewide is even dumber.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's an abuse that is going to have a real-world consequence as everyone disables their emergency alerts on their phone.

So when there's a tornado that nobody gets notice of, or when there's a kidnapped kid that nobody knows about, you can thank DPS and the Hall County Sheriff's Department.

Buncha stupid fuckwads.

This fact should not be overlooked.

As a result of law enforcement abusing the Extreme Emergency notification system, people WILL turn off those notifications.

And it is thus just a matter of time until someone who would have received a life-saving emergency alert....does not receive that alert, and suffers serious injury/death because they missed an important warning.

That is how much contempt the cops have for you: their quest to get revenge for a wrong done to one of THEM is more important than YOUR life and safety.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Even if he did kill him, which he didn't, what the hell am I, a random person trying to sleep in Houston which is almost 500 miles away, supposed to do when DPS pushes this alert and all the phones in my house go off at 4:53 am? Am I supposed to strap up with my utility belt and Batman leotard and cape and start looking for 33 year old white man wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans to beat to a pulp? The whole concept of the "blue alert" is dumb pro-cop propaganda and blasting them out statewide is even dumber.

What kind of Texan are you?  You're supposed to grab your Colt, saddle up your horse, and join the posse that presumably was riding at dawn.

I mean, if you had done that you'd at least have made it to Columbus by now.

Edited by Ghost of LL
  • Haha 1

What y'all fail to realize is that cops are gods.  They are above us mere humans.  So we should jump up when they say so.  If a cop is even minorly inconvenienced at 4:53 a.m. (say, for example, his preferred donut shop does not have the chocolate covered sour cream donut that he demands), all of Texas should be awakened to make things right in the world.  Your betters, your superiors, your heroes, nay, gods in blue, DEMAND it.  Who are YOU to refuse, peasant?  DANCE, PEASANT, DANCE!
Imagine a way that cops can hold the rest of us in complete disdain and contempt.  Then realize that the cops already thought of it first.

They’re titans. It Greek mythology, the titans were greater even than the gods.