House of the Dragon

crash_davis

Fun episode #toomanydragons

I wouldn’t mind if they went ahead and buttoned up Daemon’s madness at Harrenhal. I find myself just wanting to get back to the war. But I imagine that will stick around for a bit with the introduction of the witch.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Fun episode #toomanydragons

I wouldn’t mind if they went ahead and buttoned up Daemon’s madness at Harrenhal. I find myself just wanting to get back to the war. But I imagine that will stick around for a bit with the introduction of the witch.

Haven’t read the book but does this become a three way battle?

Well, shit. I really liked Rhaenys. Ol gal had spunk. And face to face with a bastard that was awfully familiar.

Hoping Aegon didn’t survive. That whole shit between him and Aemond reminds me of Danny and her “You’re no dragon” feelings towards her brother. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So we lose a great character and yet that cunt Ser Criston still breathes air. Can we fast forward to the episode where he dies a horrible, painful death?

And I can already sense Alicent's reaction to her son having 3rd degree burns over 80% of his body....she'll want to bang Cole. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Well, shit. I really liked Rhaenys. Ol gal had spunk. And face to face with a bastard that was awfully familiar.
Hoping Aegon didn’t survive. That whole shit between him and Aemond reminds me of Danny and her “You’re no dragon” feelings towards her brother. 

Narrator: he survived

/nobookfag

I get George RR Martin’s stories are only the bad guys win over and over again but it actually gets kind of boring.  It’s the one thing that I hated about GOT.   Never read the books so I hope Aegon is at least dead.  So the one eyed Aemond is this series King Joffrey.  Someone you can’t stand but never dies while all the characters that you like slowly get offed?   I know, I know if you don’t like it don’t watch the show.  I like the show but wouldn’t mind seeing a win for the good guys here and there. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Narrator: he survived

/nobookfag

Was this from the preview for next week? Because a lot of us don't watch previews.

Not pissed, though, that you mentioned it, as I suspected that he would since Criston seemed to have interrupted Aegon preparing to "mercy" kill his brother. Aegon got that knife anyway.

23 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Yeah, I took it to mean he was the sea snakes Jon Snow. 

Pretty sure it was clear last week when Corlys and Alyn Hull were talking down by the docks.

Bastard last names from GoT that I recall:

• Snow (the North)
  • Sand (Dorne)

Now, Hull for Driftmark, I guess. And we were also introduced to Alys Rivers, the witch (Riverlands bastard name).

Edited by bolverk

I get George RR Martin’s stories are only the bad guys win over and over again but it actually gets kind of boring.  It’s the one thing that I hated about GOT.   Never read the books so I hope Aegon is at least dead.  So the one eyed Aemond is this series King Joffrey.  Someone you can’t stand but never dies while all the characters that you like slowly get offed?   I know, I know if you don’t like it don’t watch the show.  I like the show but wouldn’t mind seeing a win for the good guys here and there. 

Why is Rhaenyra Targaryen and her side considered the good guys? Cutting off children’s heads, screwing their uncle, etc, they’re no better than the other side.

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Why is Rhaenyra Targaryen and her side considered the good guys? Cutting off children’s heads, screwing their uncle, etc, they’re no better than the other side.

Not that it makes her good, but she is the rightful heir to the throne.

Also, @Beantown Express 2.0, I disagree that Aemond is the new Joffrey. He's far more controlled and much more crafty than that little tantrum-throwing shit, Joffrey.

I'm curious about the connection between Aemond and Daemon, with the latter seeing the ghost with the eye patch at Harrenhall. Of course, they are both a whole lot alike in general disposition and appearance. Just gotta move the D from the back of one's name to the front of the other's.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

I wouldn’t have done anything differently at Rook’s Rest. Awesome death. The Queen That Never Was went out like a G.

Alys is a pretty significant character in the history Westeros. I think she deserves a better introduction than Daemon stumbles into the kitchen and finds her. Oh well, plenty of time to flesh out her character. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

55 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Also, @Beantown Express 2.0, I disagree that Aemond is the new Joffrey. He's far more controlled and much more crafty than that little tantrum-throwing shit, Joffrey.

I'm curious about the connection between Aemond and Daemon, with the latter seeing the ghost with the eye patch at Harrenhall. Of course, they are both a whole lot alike in general disposition and appearance. Just gotta move the D from the back of one's name to the front of the other's.

They are also both brothers to weak kings and believe they could do better but denied because of birth order. Many parallels. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, closetohumping said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not a top five death by any means but I liked rhaenys.   Seems like she knew?   She circled back to finish the fight as the house still belonged to green.  How do you miss a dragon that big?

Spoiler

how many times can vhagar do the RKO out of nowhere?

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

he's not the new joffrey because he's impulsive and cruel for no reason, he's the new joffrey because he's "Someone you can’t stand but never dies while all the characters that you like slowly get offed"

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Literally all of the bad guys lost in GOT

I’m just guessing regarding Aemond. The general rule in shows and movies is that if they don’t show the character die then they aren’t dead.

And yeah, Joffrey got it pretty bad in GoT. I see Aemond is the new (more fun) Joffrey in this show. I actually hope he survived, the actor playing him is doing a great job.

Rhaenys / Meleys getting chomped was telegraphed pretty heavily, but it was still a fun episode. RIP the Queen who never was.

7 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Actually the bad guys die too.  Just not first.  How many seasons of GoT have you watched?

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:
  Hide contents

I wouldn’t have done anything differently at Rook’s Rest. Awesome death. The Queen That Never Was went out like a G.

Alys is a pretty significant character in the history Westeros. I think she deserves a better introduction than Daemon stumbles into the kitchen and finds her. Oh well, plenty of time to flesh out her character. 

I was hoping she’d leave but that would be out of character

43 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m just guessing regarding Aemond. The general rule in shows and movies is that if they don’t show the character die then they aren’t dead.

And yeah, Joffrey got it pretty bad in GoT. I see Aemond is the new (more fun) Joffrey in this show. I actually hope he survived, the actor playing him is doing a great job.

Rhaenys / Meleys getting chomped was telegraphed pretty heavily, but it was still a fun episode. RIP the Queen who never was.

Aemond seems to have a sense of honor and duty that Joffrey lacked.  He really seemed sad when Luke died and he’s a warrior 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Literally all of the bad guys lost in GOT

Yes, I realize that.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Actually the bad guys die too.  Just not first.  How many seasons of GoT have you watched?

I was hoping she’d leave but that would be out of character

I watched one episode of GOT, was that not enough?

Actually, I watched every episode.  Yes, the bad guys did all get got by the end of GOT but for many seasons it was bad guys winning most of the time.  Don't get me wrong, I love that GOT actually killed off main characters and good guys which makes it more believable.  It just seemed like it took a long time for the villains to get theirs in GOT and I am guessing this will be the same but then I am no book fag so no idea what is going to happen.  Maybe all the bad guys die next episode. 

14 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yes, I realize that.

I watched one episode of GOT, was that not enough?

Actually, I watched every episode.  Yes, the bad guys did all get got by the end of GOT but for many seasons it was bad guys winning most of the time.  Don't get me wrong, I love that GOT actually killed off main characters and good guys which makes it more believable.  It just seemed like it took a long time for the villains to get theirs in GOT and I am guessing this will be the same but then I am no book fag so no idea what is going to happen.  Maybe all the bad guys die next episode. 

That’s kind of all movies and series though right.  Bad guys stick it to the good guys and the rest of the show is the good guys trying to get revenge?

I don’t think this death was totally shocking.   It was well played imo.  

also this show is a destined to be panned regardless of what happens 

on one side “come on where’s all the action”. On the other “why you killing the good people George”

can’t have a show without the bad guys unfortunately 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

That’s kind of all movies and series though right.  Bad guys stick it to the good guys and the rest of the show is the good guys trying to get revenge?

I don’t think this death was totally shocking.   It was well played imo.  

also this show is a destined to be panned regardless of what happens 

on one side “come on where’s all the action”. On the other “why you killing the good people George”

can’t have a show without the bad guys unfortunately 

All good and I still like the show and expected her death.  I think you are missing my point.  I’m fine with good guys dying.  Just mix in some bad guys dying also.  The baby doesn’t count since it really wasn’t a character people were invested in.  

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

All good and I still like the show and expected her death.  I think you are missing my point.  I’m fine with good guys dying.  Just mix in some bad guys dying also.  The baby doesn’t count since it really wasn’t a character people were invested in.  

Im team black but it can be debated if. The green are the bad guys

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You know Aemond and Daemon have a date with destiny. I knew Rhaenys was cooked when she went back instead of flying home. I wonder how much of Cole's army is gone now. 

Trying to figure out if Cole is a dumbass or actually cunning.  But he’s a cunt regardless

i I was hoping Rhaenys flies home but that would’ve allowed Cole to claim Rooks Rest (?).   Still she could’ve flown home, saved the dragon and give intel to the council.   How did she miss Vhagar lurking down there?  

Just now, closetohumping said:

Trying to figure out if Cole is a dumbass or actually cunning.  But he’s a cunt regardless

i I was hoping Rhaenys flies home but that would’ve allowed Cole to claim Rooks Rest (?).   Still she could’ve flown home, saved the dragon and give intel to the council.   How did she miss Vhagar lurking down there?  

I think she knew she had to try to hurt Vhagar because someone had to try and her and her dragon are more expendable than Rhaenyra. Hopefully this shakes Daemon out of Harrenhal. Feels like you're going to need two dragons to beat Vhagar. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think she knew she had to try to hurt Vhagar because someone had to try and her and her dragon are more expendable than Rhaenyra. Hopefully this shakes Daemon out of Harrenhal. Feels like you're going to need two dragons to beat Vhagar. 

Vhagar is a big motherfucker but old and slow.  Idk that ending didn’t really make sense

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You know Aemond and Daemon have a date with destiny. I knew Rhaenys was cooked when she went back instead of flying home. I wonder how much of Cole's army is gone now. 

There's a scene in TV GOT where a certain bad guy basically spoils how this is all gonna end. It meant nothing to me at the time, but I rewatched some old clips on youtube and caught it.  I recommend not doing that for HOTD fans.  

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

There's a scene in TV GOT where a certain bad guy basically spoils how this is all gonna end. It meant nothing to me at the time, but I rewatched some old clips on youtube and caught it.  I recommend not doing that for HOTD fans.  

Yes, I'm thankful I forgot that scene. Shireen also tells Ser Davos about it which I've also forgotten. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bolverk said:

I disagree that Aemond is the new Joffrey. He's far more controlled and much more crafty than that little tantrum-throwing shit, Joffrey.

Agreed. Aegon is more akin to Joffrey, IMO. That impulsive, doesn’t think first, doesn’t know shit.

Aemond, on the other hand, is more akin to a little finger type personality, to me. That being clever/sneaky shit, and knowing how to play people.

But I tell you what, whether it be Cole, Aegon, Aemond…  all have done really well with bringing forth characters that you hate. The actpr playing Joffrey seemed a bit glad to be killed off, guess he was getting a lot of harassment over the character in the real world.

Good sign he did a fantastic job, but a shame people have to take it off-screen.

12 hours ago, bolverk said:

Was this from the preview for next week? Because a lot of us don't watch previews.

Yeah, it was. Well, kind of, anyway. Alicent is heard asking if he’s alive or not, with maesters all surrounding his bed.

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

He’s significantly more cunning than they’d let on prior to last night and honestly prior to the escape from Baela’s pursuit. I think Alicent and Otto underestimated him. Of course he will be blamed for whatever happens to Aegon even though that was 100% on Aegon. 

Aemond isn’t Joffrey in any respect. He’s much more like Jamie and is a spitting image of Daemon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Aegon is more akin to Joffrey, IMO.

This. But Aegon is more likable because he’s unsure of his place. Joffrey was VERY sure, he acted horribly and died quickly as a result. 

Edit: And I don’t find Cole or Aemond hateable. Aegon is much more so. Aemond and Cole are actually somewhat likable to me because of the strengths they’ve displayed. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

How about Alicent, the tea, and club foot?

I’m not sure what his end game is, or at least maybe was if the tea event changes his course.

It kind of lead you to think he wasn’t impressed, and you get the vibe he’s at some point going to start using information against the greens.

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

This. But Aegon is more likable because he’s unsure of his place. Joffrey was VERY sure, he acted horribly and died quickly as a result. 

Edit: And I don’t find Cole or Aemond hateable. Aegon is much more so. Aemond and Cole are actually somewhat likable to me because of the strengths they’ve displayed. 

Agreed. Aegon’s temperament is less asshole douche, at least for now, as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

He’s significantly more cunning than they’d let on prior to last night and honestly prior to the escape from Baela’s pursuit. I think Alicent and Otto underestimated him. Of course he will be blamed for whatever happens to Aegon even though that was 100% on Aegon. 

Aemond isn’t Joffrey in any respect. He’s much more like Jamie and is a spitting image of Daemon. 

Not sure he has daemons ambition.  But yes a badass warrior like those two. 

I don’t think argon is anything like Joffrey.  Remember he was a kind king at one point.  

Cole unfortunately can fight as well. I think he beat Daemon in a fight in part 1?

23 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

How about Alicent, the tea, and club foot?

I’m not sure what his end game is, or at least maybe was if the tea event changes his course.

It kind of lead you to think he wasn’t impressed, and you get the vibe he’s at some point going to start using information against the greens.

Agreed. Aegon’s temperament is less asshole douche, at least for now, as well.

The tea was definitely in response to Ser Cristen Cole's many rendevzous, yes?

I thought the witch and Daemon's scenes were very confusing as an illiteratti. He drank something to help him sleep and then fast forward to the middle of a meeting with a vassal lord. say whaaaaat

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the knock on Cole?  Is it because he was a bitch boy about being Rhyneera's plaything, but is now perfectly content being a boytoy for mrs green?  Or people just don't like the actor?  Maybe I forgotten something (entirely possible).  

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

What's the knock on Cole?  Is it because he was a bitch boy about being Rhyneera's plaything, but is now perfectly content being a boytoy for mrs green?  Or people just don't like the actor?  Maybe I forgotten something (entirely possible).  

Brutally killed a gay dude in season 1.  

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Being a petty bitch because Rhaenyra thought he was too poor to run away with and sell oranges 16 years ago is part of it. They had sex once and he gets mad because she doesn’t betray her father and abandon her birthright. Incel shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3