House of the Dragon

crash_davis

6 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Yes, it's obvious they are dribbling out the shot clock.  

If they going to do that then show the great great grandma of Ros. Filler episodes might as well have a lot more titties.

ros-hair.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2024 at 1:03 PM, utxmike05 said:

Were Rhaynera/J talking about finding more dragon riders by using Targ. bastards?  

I wonder if this is why we keep seeing scenes with the worker/plebe guy who claimed to be a Targaryen. 

edit:

IMG_1339.gif

Edited by DDD Dad

Posted (edited)

Seasmoke was like "Sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie? Friends or Living Single? Name all of the characters Martin Lawrence performed as in his hit TV series 'Martin'."

20240721_224325.thumb.jpg.de5cb8e3683526db42c7e4b73b928f4a.jpg

Edited by FOXHOUND

She wasn't anxious to leave. She doesn't want to go to Pentos since her mother died there. She wanted to get her dragon that Aemond stole. I bet she'll get this wild one in the Vale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Spoiler

The dragon in the Vale is Sheepstealer. A skinny, mud brown dragon. In the book, she’s ridden by one of the dragonseeds known as Nettles. Wiki says they merged Nettles into Rhaena’s story. It’s the logical move for a film adaptation.

Is Addam of Hull dying his hair? He has dreads, but they should be blonde. He’s obviously Seasmoke’s rider in scenes from next week. I’ll buy that Laenor is he and Alyn’s father. It’s the only way Addam would have the Targ blood needed to be a dragon rider. Marilda of Hull must have been an exceptionally charming woman. 

• Fuck You 1

The Sea Snake has been dragging out this Call/Newt "I ain't gonna claim you but want you to work with me" thing. I am guessing the dragon rider discovery changes the relationship now.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, F250 said:

The Sea Snake has been dragging out this Call/Newt "I ain't gonna claim you but want you to work with me" thing. I am guessing the dragon rider discovery changes the relationship now.

Also probably helps that he’s widowed now, too. It seemed like his offering of the 1st Mate position was maybe an attempt to foster that relationship, and see if he/they are worthy of claiming.

Edited by thunderlounge

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Reveal hidden contents

The dragon in the Vale is Sheepstealer. A skinny, mud brown dragon. In the book, she’s ridden by one of the dragonseeds known as Nettles. Wiki says they merged Nettles into Rhaena’s story. It’s the logical move for a film adaptation.

Is Addam of Hull dying his hair? He has dreads, but they should be blonde. He’s obviously Seasmoke’s rider in scenes from next week. I’ll buy that Laenor is he and Alyn’s father. It’s the only way Addam would have the Targ blood needed to be a dragon rider. Marilda of Hull must have been an exceptionally charming woman. 

Those aren't laenor's kids, they are corlys's. The veleyrians are all intermixed with the targs and dragonriders themselves. They even established that rhaeneys claimed corlys's mother's dragon after it rejected corlys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Daemon, wtf are you doing. Check out of that air bnb already. This plot has gone on long enough. 

Agreed.  I'm enjoying this season overall but they are spending too long on Daemon at Harrenhall  I'm sure there is a payoff eventually but seems they could get wherever they are going cutting out 1/3 of the screen time. 

6 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Why was the Targ girl so anxious to leave The Vail after seeing the burnt land from wild dragon ?

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

She wasn't anxious to leave. She doesn't want to go to Pentos since her mother died there. She wanted to get her dragon that Aemond stole. I bet she'll get this wild one in the Vale.

Yeah. Seems clear that she's gonna try to ride that one.

It must be Sheepstealer given the context.

6 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Why was the Targ girl so anxious to leave The Vail after seeing the burnt land from wild dragon ?

i thought that rhynaera sent her there with dragon eggs to appease them because they were promised a dragon.  maybe i misinterpreted but i thought it was a question of suspicion since she noticed they had a dragon already.

agree that daemon and corlys stories are stagnant.  they have done nothing all season.  lets get the show on the road already.

59 minutes ago, seven said:

Those aren't laenor's kids, they are corlys's. The veleyrians are all intermixed with the targs and dragonriders themselves. They even established that rhaeneys claimed corlys's mother's dragon after it rejected corlys. 

Bastards with mysterious parentage is GRRM’s jam. I don’t think it’s cut and dry that the Sea Snake fathered both. 

Sea Snake got rejected by a dragon. So did Alyn in the book. Both are bad ass admirals.

Laenor was a dragon rider obviously, and Seasmoke seeks out Addam. 

Maybe the Sea Snake fathered Alyn and Laenor fathered Addam? A gay guy with a bastard son is in the GRRM wheelhouse. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

i thought that rhynaera sent her there with dragon eggs to appease them because they were promised a dragon.  maybe i misinterpreted but i thought it was a question of suspicion since she noticed they had a dragon already.

agree that daemon and corlys stories are stagnant.  they have done nothing all season.  lets get the show on the road already.

She's there to drop off some young dragon(s) and then go to pentos with the eggs and her young siblings (half siblings I guess). Seems obvious she's going to try to ride the wyld stallyn

56 minutes ago, seven said:

Ok man, have fun with that theory and continue to try and piece together wiki's. 

I’m just speculating. Given Alyn and Addam’s ages in the show, yes the Sea Snake is almost certainly their father. 

Their parentage is about clear as mud in the book, but there are more Sea Snake indicators than Laenor. I’m not sure why their mother Marilda would openly tell people Laenor was their father. She was independently wealthy and from a respected merchant family. She really didn’t have much to gain. 

• Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Why do you bring book shit to this thread?  If you're going to hide it, take the extra step and say it's from the book on top of the spoiler.  

Or just keep book shit to the book thread.

Edited by destroya
bill's mom
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, destroya said:

Why do you bring book shit to this thread?  If you're going to hide it, take the extra step and say it's from the book on top of the spoiler.  

Or just keep book shit to the book thread.

Dude, chill. I didn’t spoiler shit. Any viewer paying attention could figure out the Sea Snake is Adam and Alyn’s dad after the last episode based on their own dialogue. Granted, I overthought it with the Laenor speculation. 

Seasmoke accosts Addam, Rhaenyra is informed Seasmoke has a rider, and they show a black man riding Seasmoke in the scenes for next week. 

Finally, the show deliberately foreshadows Rhaena’s attempt to ride the dragon in the Vale. 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bastards with mysterious parentage is GRRM’s jam. I don’t think it’s cut and dry that the Sea Snake fathered both. 

Sea Snake got rejected by a dragon. So did Alyn in the book. Both are bad ass admirals.

Laenor was a dragon rider obviously, and Seasmoke seeks out Addam. 

Maybe the Sea Snake fathered Alyn and Laenor fathered Addam? A gay guy with a bastard son is in the GRRM wheelhouse. 

Take your shit to the bookfags thread.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I was a little high which makes me overanalyze TV but that scene where the “queens” were threatened by the small folk felt very poorly acted and put together overall 

Why would they exit the queens out the front with like 6 dudes against the mob rather than exiting out the various back ways including the exit to the ocean?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I’ve wondered the same thing. Asked the wife the same question when they headed to the front. “Why aren’t they taking a tunnel?”

Because then she wouldn't have gotten a face full of fish. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I was a little high which makes me overanalyze TV but that scene where the “queens” were threatened by the small folk felt very poorly acted and put together overall 

truly one of the dumbest constructed scenes of all time. they let the mob overtake everything and then poof, these two slight women just bust free of the mob and run into an empty alley when they were previously surrounded by hundreds of people. okay.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, sidis said:

truly one of the dumbest constructed scenes of all time. they let the mob overtake everything and then poof, these two slight women just bust free of the mob and run into an empty alley when they were previously surrounded by hundreds of people. okay.

It was a pretty crappy scene. One moment there is a mob and then there are only a handful of people running around. Forcing them to evacuate the Sept didn't even make sense.

• Hook 'Em 1