House of the Dragon

crash_davis

The distance/time aspect of the show can bug me sometimes. Something happens on Dragonstone, and the next clip is two people discussing it at King's Landing what seems like the next evening. Dude gets a dragon, and it looks like a 5 minute ride from there to King's Landing, ditto the chase. Who is marching where and why does it take so long anyways. I know there are maps of all these places with distances, but if you stick to just watching the show itself, it's not communicated very well. GOT did much better on this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, naija said:

The distance/time aspect of the show can bug me sometimes. Something happens on Dragonstone, and the next clip is two people discussing it at King's Landing what seems like the next evening. Dude gets a dragon, and it looks like a 5 minute ride from there to King's Landing, ditto the chase. Who is marching where and why does it take so long anyways. I know there are maps of all these places with distances, but if you stick to just watching the show itself, it's not communicated very well. GOT did much better on this point.

Ravens.  And Dragonstone is actually quite close to KL.  It’s at the entrance of Blackwater Bay. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fukkkk so Team Black is flexing now with 7 dragons. And might add another if Rhaena finds the wild dragon. 

Lol at Rhaenyra's method for claiming Vermithor. Wtf. Maybe start with some interviews and make a top 10 for the first attempt. 

Ulf is gona get so much pussy now. 

Question: Kings Landing knew Vermithor existed at Dragonstone right? Did they just pray nobody would ever claim it?

IMG_8259.jpeg

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Fukkkk so Team Black is flexing now with 7 dragons. And might add another if Rhaena finds the wild dragon. 

Lol at Rhaenyra's method for claiming Vermithor. Wtf. Maybe start with some interviews and make a top 10 for the first attempt. 

Ulf is gona get so much pussy now. 

Question: Kings Landing knew Vermithor existed at Dragonstone right? Did they just pray nobody would ever claim it?

IMG_8259.jpeg

Plus Rhaena is probably about to get that sheepfucker out in the wild, I'd bet.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, naija said:

How many pages of criticism did we have about maps and timeliness with GOT? It's line one of the themes at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, naija said:

Agree, and with the real King's healing and walking, it was hard to determine based on his wounds healing/scarring on his face and ears, exactly how much time had lapsed, but it was obvious there was a decent jump. They are no longer dealing with wet bloody wounds, at least like last episode.

Seasmoke was not wild.  That was Laenor’s bonded dragon.  When Laenor “died”, Seasmoke was still in the dragon pit on Dragonstone.  The dragon keepers had him prepped with a saddle to be claimed by Steffon Darklyn before Seasmoke bbq’d him and noped out.  

Seasmoke prefers the high heat rapid cook over the low and slow methodology. Has zero fucks for wrapping or 321 tricks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I thought it was a good episode but I'm not sure what Grace Randolph was thinking with the one of the best episodes line. It felt very old-school GOT with the young liege lord imposing Ned Stark justice on Daemon's man. Same with Rhaenyra sacrificing small folk towards a larger goal. I would've been amused if someone was able to claim a dragon and then fell off immediately to their death because I don't see how someone can immediately ride one and not die. I'm glad the two small folk they kept focusing on paid off. Bronze Fury looks like that will be a fun dragon to have go up against Vhegar. I also like Lord Larys plotting against Aemond. It's petty like Littlefinger but works towards a larger goal to eliminate the largest threat in the kingdom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

So what is the current dragon count?   Seems like 6-2, but I've probably missed something.

Black: Daemon, Rheanyra, Jacaerys, then the 3 new riders

Green: Aemond and his sister. 

while aegon and sunfyre are both down for the count at the moment, i suspect that will change.

they also went way out of their way to indirectly introduce alicent's son daeron in oldtown earlier this season. i suspect that is not incidental. if we assume that daeron is going to show up with a dragon, that would be three for verde (aemond on vhagar, heleana on dreamfyre, a third if daeron has one, and then aegon and sunfyre on the i.r.).

blacks have rhaenyra on syrax, jace on vermax, daemon on caraxes, addam on sea smoke, hugh on vermithor, ulf on silverwing, baela is on moondancer, and rhaena's out there trying to find a wild one).  7 with the wild one possibly coming into play for 8.

arrax and maelys already taken out by vhagar.

from what i understand after talking to some nerds, caraxes and vermithor are the only ones that even have a prayer matching up against vhagar in a 1v1.  i'm thinking if i am rhaenryra, i's offer each of daemon and hugh a little three way action with me and mysaria to go make a run at vhagar with caraxes and vermithor and then while the three dragons are going at it and distracted, come in with syrax from the top rope and bite vhagar's head off.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They mentioned that Daeron’s dragon Tessarion has taken to wing in the last episode. 

Finale preview trailer spoiler

Spoiler

It’s the blue dragon in the next episode preview. 

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

So what is the current dragon count?   Seems like 6-2, but I've probably missed something.

Black: Daemon, Rheanyra, Jacaerys, then the 3 new riders

Green: Aemond and his sister. 

A little bookfaggish, but not overly so (you left out Alicent's youngest):

image.thumb.png.8d429815597fed5f80a566c8151e66f7.png

2 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

They mentioned that Daeron’s dragon Tessarion has taken to wing in the last episode. 

Finale preview trailer spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

It’s the blue dragon in the next episode preview. 

good call. forgot that.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Any show theories on where Otto is? The Reach is not in a good place right now. I’m mildly surprised Gwayne hasn’t been called home. 

sulking, but he will be back.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Any show theories on where Otto is? The Reach is not in a good place right now. I’m mildly surprised Gwayne hasn’t been called home. 

Hitting every pleasure house across the 7 kingdoms . . . phone turned off.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Young Tully making Daemon eat shit was the best part of the episode for me.*

*It would have been Alicent skinny dipping, but she kept her damn clothes on. 

Yea Young Tully with the little girl from the North in GoT energy. 

Daemon went with it and showed some flexibility and adaptability tho

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Screenshot_20240729-143245.png

not to continue to dwell on the pedantry of continuity and time context complaints about a dragon battle show but it had been a while since i had looked at a westeros and essos map and i have to say that one thing that pops as a tad annoying is i had forgotten that harrenhal was a lot closer to the east side than i remembered. i don't know why but in my mind i was putting harrenhal farther northwest closer to somewhere similar to riverrun or ashemark.

the fact of the matter is, harrenhal is not that far from either kings landing or, more to my annoyance, dragonstone. we are left with this impression that daemon is backpacking in eastern europe pre-internet while rhaenyra is stuck at home in rural idaho wondering how it's going with no word. we just saw ulf take silverwing out joyriding to and from kings landing in an hour. harrenhal is almost the same distance. how about just flying over there to check in on how the progress is going and as a reminder who the hmfic is? also, it seemed like aegon made a pretty quick day trip to rook's rest from king's landing which is about the same. it seems to be a key to the plot between rhaenyra and daemon that they are separated by worlds and not in sync...this map reminds me that such a thing is a bit silly. similarly, feels like it is taking cole a hell of a lot longer to get to harrenhal than it did to rooks rest despute being close to the same distance.

anyway, not important.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

this map reminds me that such a thing is a bit silly. similarly, feels like it is taking cole a hell of a lot longer to get to harrenhal than it did to rooks rest despute being close to the same distance.

Cole is doing the Night King meandering thing. He'll show up when the plot is ready for him to show up. Until then just assume his army is just walking in circles at the moment.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Cole is doing the Night King meandering thing. He'll show up when the plot is ready for him to show up. Until then just assume his army is just walking in circles at the moment.

looking at this map, it appears that the lake in the kingswoods that they tricked us into thinking we were going to get to see alicent skinny dipping in is about 66% as far away from KL as harrenhal and she was there the next day.

https://quartermaester.info/

• Hook 'Em 1

So Team Black has 7 dragons, the best navy in Westeros, The North, The Riverlands, and about to gain an 8th dragon and The Vale. 

Team Green has 1 dragon, probably adding a 2nd dragon next episode, The Triarchy (?), The Reach (sort of), and The West. 

That’s not an even fight as it currently stands. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

So Team Black has 7 dragons, the best navy in Westeros, The North, The Riverlands, and about to gain an 8th dragon and The Vale. 

Team Green has 1 dragon, probably adding a 2nd dragon next episode, The Triarchy (?), The Reach (sort of), and The West. 

That’s not an even fight as it currently stands. 

since i have decided to be super pedantic in this thread all of a sudden, i will go ahead and correct that team green has 2 and probably adding a third next episode.

but you're right, rhaenyra has amassed a signficant advantage. the only thing keeping green in it at the moment is that they have the vince young of dragons.

so, spoiler alert, guess what's going to happen in the next episode?

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

since i have decided to be super pedantic in this thread all of a sudden, i will go ahead and correct that team green has 2 and probably adding a third next episode.

but you're right, rhaenyra has amassed a signficant advantage. the only thing keeping green in it at the moment is that they have the vince young of dragons.

I stand corrected. Helaena’s dragon Dreamfyre. I think she’s too basket case-y to command a dragon and fight in a battle right now. But we’ll see. 

Sunfyre is on the 60 day IL. 

58 minutes ago, F250 said:

Personally, I would love a series about the mythology of the Night's King and the Night's Watch. I don't really care for the Targ stories.

don't give GRRM ideas

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Personally, I would love a series about the mythology of the Night's King and the Night's Watch. I don't really care for the Targ stories.

That was basically Bloodmoon right?

They way GoT botched the white walkers, I am not surprised they went with dragons over white walkers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This series more and more stupid. Fill me in on why these Targaryen’s can all burn? So now even half blood Targaryen’s can ride dragons and they don’t even have to have silver hair and violet eyes.

You’ve got brothers in dreadlocks riding them now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sidis said:

4th and 5, the national championship on the line right here. he's going for the corner, he's got it!

That's my guess, at least

Does that mean there’s a Jeff fisher coming to completely fuck up their dragon career?
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I had to feign disgust when I was watching it with the wife.

Never.  My wife of 35 years knows that all men find it stimulating to see two attractive women getting after it.