Texas BBQ

Washpark

On 7/28/2024 at 10:22 AM, Underdog said:

Franklin was directly from him and Snow’s through Goldbelly.   

On 7/28/2024 at 3:04 PM, Chopper said:

Thanks for the mail order tips. I hope Snow's is still killing it. Ordered direct from them, which seemed to be the best deal. For less than the price of 2 briskets from Franklin I ordered 2 briskets, 2 racks of ribs and some sausage, plus it'll arrive on Tuesday. But damn getting food from Franklin was tempting. The price difference is undoubtedly the goldbelly markup. 

so snow’s uses goldbelly. and snow’s is cheaper. but there’s a goldbelly markup that accounts for the price difference?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

I'd go Pinkerton's over Truth based on my recent  visits, especially if you dig pork ribs.

Also my thoughts, it’s close but Pinkerton ribs are just damn good 

truth has a much nicer dining facility and their cake isn’t bad. Damn good tea 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Also my thoughts, it’s close but Pinkerton ribs are just damn good 

truth has a much nicer dining facility and their cake isn’t bad. Damn good tea 

Can't argue with those thoughts either, Truth deserts are highly recommended.   

Sides at Truth were a little lack luster last time I was there if that is important. 

23 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Can't argue with those thoughts either, Truth deserts are highly recommended.   

Sides at Truth were a little lack luster last time I was there if that is important. 

Those Pinkerton’s beans 🥰🥰🥰🥰

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

smittys, kreuz or luling market was peak bbq, and a ‘n treat !

First barbecue joint that I can remember was Kreuz in the old location in 1981 or 1982.  First road trip specifically for barbecue was in 1991 from San Marcos to Lockhart for Kreuz.  On the later trip we ordered one of the smoked pork chops - still one of my favorite meals.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

First barbecue joint that I can remember was Kreuz in the old location in 1981 or 1982.  First road trip specifically for barbecue was in 1991 from San Marcos to Lockhart for Kreuz.  On the later trip we ordered one of the smoked pork chops - still one of my favorite meals.

walking into the old kreuz’s or luling city market, back then, was damn pure magic 

The Land Of Make Believe Wow GIF

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2024 at 10:58 AM, Brisketexan said:

I mean....a simple chopped beef sammich IS still a nice thing.  And yeah, when you could get 4 for $6 or something like that....I picked that deal up a time or two when the boy had an early little league game.  Grab a bag of chopped beef sammiches on the way there, eat them in the stands at NWLL.  Not a bad evening.  Just got to have the right expectations/standards.

I remember being super-happy with picking up a quart of chopped BBQ at Joel's BBQ in Flatonia as we headed down to my uncle's ranch for the weekend.  Heat it up for sandwiches, eaten with a cold beer on the porch.  Good times, good dinner.

Growing up in Corpus there was a local Roy's bbq stand just across from my high school.  At least three times a week, we would cross Staples street and get 5 chopped1 beef sammiches for $1 at lunch.  I thought it was one of the four food groups and still from '68-70 it truly hit the spot.  Sidenote: my HS track coach (James Blackwood) who later was Cleburne Price's assistant at Texas would often pay for my lunch if I brought him a sack of those.

34 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Longoria’s BBQ. Trash. Took 3 bites and tossed it

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0993.jpeg

And to think you were less than 5 miles away from Goldee's on Dick Price road in Kennedale.  Hope that is where you went after dumping this boiled crap.

• Haha 1

Opies: no Pic, swung by and got turkey and pork loin plus cobbler and a top 5 side in the state in their tater tot casserole

https://www.food.com/recipe/opies-cheesy-tater-tot-casserole-346545

Turkey was really good 

Pork loin was really really not, but I wanted a pork chop whish is a 10/10 meat for them and they didn't have any 

No butter beans because it was to go 

Brisket did not look good though. Glad I didn't get any

22 minutes ago, NoName said:

Opies: no Pic, swung by and got turkey and pork loin plus cobbler and a top 5 side in the state in their tater tot casserole

https://www.food.com/recipe/opies-cheesy-tater-tot-casserole-346545

Turkey was really good 

Pork loin was really really not, but I wanted a pork chop whish is a 10/10 meat for them and they didn't have any 

No butter beans because it was to go 

Brisket did not look good though. Glad I didn't get any

Opies is solid AF, but the best thing they make is their Banana Pudding. Its maybe the best ive ever had. And ive had hundreds around the state

On 8/3/2024 at 11:20 AM, tx 3 putt said:

walking into the old kreuz’s or luling city market, back then, was damn pure magic 

The Land Of Make Believe Wow GIF

The smoke room at City Market is still one of my absolute favorite places on earth. 

Had LMBBQ on Friday, brisket was fine, pork ribs were good, jalapeno sausage was really excellent, as was a new smoked boneless skinless chicken they had for $18.99/pound. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Are they going to steal her tips?

Or did they pay for that endorsement with stolen tips?

That was the Original Black's Barbecue.  $230,353 worth.  This was on Terry's sign in Lockhart the next day.

image.png.c99c4c11c22a7d67631f241e8990d723.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

20240806_132919.thumb.jpg.f32161d1d9b8aaa08a2c32326d362274.jpg

Grabbed lunch today at the HEB barbecue joint.  Two meat plate with moist brisket, pork ribs, coleslaw, and collard greens. 

All in all pretty good.   Brisket was cooked and seasoned well.   Pork ribs had a slightly sweet glaze and a good bite (not overcooked).  Collards were flavorful.   Slaw was sweet, mayo based which is not my thing.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/6/2024 at 1:37 PM, Jerry Callo said:

20240806_132919.thumb.jpg.f32161d1d9b8aaa08a2c32326d362274.jpg

Grabbed lunch today at the HEB barbecue joint.  Two meat plate with moist brisket, pork ribs, coleslaw, and collard greens. 

All in all pretty good.   Brisket was cooked and seasoned well.   Pork ribs had a slightly sweet glaze and a good bite (not overcooked).  Collards were flavorful.   Slaw was sweet, mayo based which is not my thing.

lake austin blvd heb?

• Hook 'Em 1