Texas BBQ

Washpark

On 8/2/2024 at 9:57 PM, Brisketexan said:

Why is it getting shit on Reddit?

Well if it's like most bbq plates posted on reddit, it mentions the cost. A lot of folks on reddit don't understand that when you get 5+lb of prime+ meat sourced from specialty farms along with six sides that are marked up so that they can mark down their meat price/lb, it's going to be a pretty expensive plate. 

• Haha 1

Took my son to Reese Bros before he starts his last semester on the 40. Excellent bbq. I can tell they foil it because the bark is a little soft and it was a touch over done but the fat was rendered well and it’s way better than my last trip to 2M. Highly recommend.

IMG_0405.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

This is on the list to try. What is another place in Dallas to try?? I know there are many but need a place for this weekend-heim? Oakd? Roy Hutchins?

Zavala's Barbecue in Grand Prairie serves really good barbecue.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

This is on the list to try. What is another place in Dallas to try?? I know there are many but need a place for this weekend-heim? Oakd? Roy Hutchins?

My list would include Goldees, Panther City, Brix, Terry Blacks and if you want to drive to Aledo, Dayne's.  Hurtado's is not good so don't bother lol

San Marcos BBQ
~$95

Brisket was pretty tasty - could have been a little jucier, but I also didn't ask for fatty, so that could be on me
Sausage and ribs were above average
Pork belly burnt ends were ok
Mac & Cheese was good, not great - would order again
Braised cabbage was ass

image.png.9502fa6794ff4bf9ad76e2dd034bb2be.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Pit Room - Memorial City location 

1. They built a damn nice space. Highly recommend eating in 

2. Their taco game was on point, extremely good.

3. I ordered one rib, it not only slammed but went hard. It was perfect. The seasoning was heaven in my mouth. 

This place is a great addition to the memorial city area 

IMG_1626.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I've sampled Khoi a couple of times - pork ribs one time and pork belly the other.   Great Asian inspired barbecue.  Don Nguyen was a guest pitmaster at InterStellar a few weeks back.  I trust that he has skills if John Bates invites him to come cook. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Brown Bag BBQ

IMG_1051.thumb.jpeg.84387b60f6453b05ff2926376953262e.jpeg

as ive stated before, im extemely leery of anyfood/drink recs by suburbanites. However, everyone at one of my facilities raved about this place. Trinity sampler with beans and mac

Brisket was solid. Ribs cooked perfectly. Sausage was fine. Good for 1960/jones area, i guess. But not even close to top 25 in houston

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

https://www.southernliving.com/new-barbecue-restaurants-2024-8643046

lot of texas spots on here …

i’ll have to give barbs a 2nd try. burnt bean blew it away imo

reese bros in sa, very good spot

brisket and rice, might be the best brisket in texas, melts in your mouth 

need to make a austin bbq trail run 

Second the love for Burnt Bean.  The best man in our wedding who lives in Colorado comes down every fall and we make a bbq run, which included this place and it was worth the drive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

IMG_1071.thumb.jpeg.39026eaaf9bc822ca8f2e33e8861e4e3.jpeg

It's like this city never runs out of stupid ideas

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

#1 bbq spot in Texas and i’ll fight anyone over that statement ….

Pinkerton’s Houston Heights …

IMG_1664.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg

Co-signed.  except on the rare occasion when the termites swarm, but then you just move inside.  

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

#1 bbq spot in Texas and i’ll fight anyone over that statement ….

Pinkerton’s Houston Heights …

IMG_1664.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg

Splitting hairs but I like Truth just a teeny tiny bit better. But I live almost precisely equidistant between Truth and Pinkertons so we usually order pickup from both

Also, best bbq in the world is Burnt Bean

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I've eaten at #5 on his list, but otherwise I don't have much interest in eating Texas BBQ when I'm out of state.

I haven't tried any of them, but my thoughts are the same.  When in Rome, try whatever barbecue the Romans specialize in.  I've had good barbecue and horrible barbecue in different states, but none of it comes close to Texas.  On a road trip, I always grab Texas barbecue on the way back home. 

Might not be the right thread, don't care.  Randalls has Prime whole packer briskets for $2.97/lb ending today.  They also have a digital coupon (clip it via the app) for $3.47/lb through September 3rd.

In my experience, you might have to hunt some stores to find one.  The butcher at our nearest Randalls will call around for me if he doesn't have it, so that might help.

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Might not be the right thread, don't care.  Randalls has Prime whole packer briskets for $2.97/lb ending today.  They also have a digital coupon (clip it via the app) for $3.47/lb through September 3rd.

In my experience, you might have to hunt some stores to find one.  The butcher at our nearest Randalls will call around for me if he doesn't have it, so that might help.

All things brisket thread it that way >>>

Stopped by InterStellar BBQ this evening and picked up a couple trays for a fundraiser.   

Screenshot_20240830_182847_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5134f8f7c376c32d5f63060c623c8e75.jpg

Tri-tip with chimichurri from KG BBQ, quail from Brett's Backyard Barbecue, burnt ends from Rollin Smoke, sausage from the Sausage Sensi Bill Dumas from Brotherton's Black Iron Barbecue, pulled whole hog and jalapeño cornbread from somewhere, smoked scalloped potatoes and jalapeño slaw from InterStellar. 

20240830_172014.thumb.jpg.0e25895941726d39081a0fadb1ffffb3.jpg

$30 a tray - proceeds go to one of InterStellar's pitmasters Warren  who is battling cancer.  

If you are in the area, stop by and grab some great food for a great cause. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Stopped by InterStellar BBQ this evening and picked up a couple trays for a fundraiser.   

Screenshot_20240830_182847_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5134f8f7c376c32d5f63060c623c8e75.jpg

Tri-tip with chimichurri from KG BBQ, quail from Brett's Backyard Barbecue, burnt ends from Rollin Smoke, sausage from the Sausage Sensi Bill Dumas from Brotherton's Black Iron Barbecue, pulled whole hog and jalapeño cornbread from somewhere, smoked scalloped potatoes and jalapeño slaw from InterStellar. 

20240830_172014.thumb.jpg.0e25895941726d39081a0fadb1ffffb3.jpg

$30 a tray - proceeds go to one of InterStellar's pitmasters Warren  who is battling cancer.  

If you are in the area, stop by and grab some great food for a great cause. 

tri tip review. ?

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

tri tip review. ?

It was really good.  Reminded me of the picanha I cook on an open flame.  Kareem's chimichurri is great - I think I could eat it on waffles.  

I ended up winning a couple silent auction items - gift card to KG BBQ and a brisket class with Kareem.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1