Texas BBQ

Washpark

ray’s bbq on OST Houston. i wanted a big bbq potato, place has good catfish too. line was out the door, not sure why. in a moment of weakness, ordered some baby back ribs. damn mistake. solid hush puppies. girls at the counter are very very nice and friendly 

IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2066.jpeg

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Dropped by Burnt Bean Co Barbecue in Seguin on the way home today.   Arrived about 10:35 and the line wasn't too bad.  They open at 8:00 on Sundays for brunch, so the line was already moving. 

20241006_104723.thumb.jpg.afc64c9d11f8326fb8db59195494c925.jpg

The menu is so vast, it's difficult to decide.  To cope, we got food for lunch and food for dinner (and probably another lunch and dinner.

Half pound of moist brisket, two pork ribs, and a baked sweet potato . . . and . . . the Casanova - huevos rancheros with brisket and barbacoa.

20241006_114654.thumb.jpg.0eb91e028f952a9c86e5acf20f9b7810.jpg

Another half pound of moist brisket, two poblano and jack cheese sausage links, and two smoked pork chops to go. 

20241006_115925.thumb.jpg.d030978e272d19d28827188da284120a.jpg

Everything we've had so far was delightful.  Really looking forward to the sausage and pork chops. 

IMG_1690.gif

• Like 1

We stopped by the Terry Black's location in Waco on our way to Austin a week or so ago for dinner.  That place was packed.  Unfortunately, for the first time, the food was a little subpar on the brisket front.  Big hunk of unrendered fat in the brisket.  The ribs still were solid, but the Dallas location has been extremely reliable for decent food with little to no wait.  I Hope I just hit them on an off night.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DallasSooner said:

They been on any recent Top 50 lists?  I think like 12 years ago maybe.  I love hit that up on Saturday before college football kicks off.  But it's more a chopped beef sandwich and ribs place and dang sure don't want the sliced brisket. 

They were on the 2021 honorable mention list.   Basically the second 50 or in the top 100.