So excited to go to the SEC with these Tennessee assholes

TexasEd

1 hour ago, n64ra said:

I started reading sec rant, and the Tennessee posters are as bad as aggy. I was not expecting anyone to be as bad as aggy.

Certainly not from TN's state flagship university. That's more of an okie lite, Miss St, Aubarn, FSU, and Clemson attitude.

I was at a Vol tailgate once.  Had a bit too much to drink.  Got into a debate with one of the other attendees about how the Lady Vols would do against the men in a game.  She was convinced that the Lady Vols would win.  Another person shows up.  Exact same thing.  After arguing with 4 women, a dude finally shows up.  Guess what?  He took the women's side as well.  It was weird because we came up with a list of about 10 things a player would need to be successful.  They ceded 9 of the 10 aspects (height, vertical, athleticism, technique, etc...) but were convinced that the women would outshoot the men AND beat them easily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I'm not sure which is worse - reading sec rant or reading texags.

I'm also not sure which is worse - having an arm removed with a hack saw or with a crosscut saw. But I do know that both are horrible and it doesn't really matter which is worse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, locodos said:

Only upshot is BigVOLdaddy...  always check his videos after a heartbreaking Vols loss.

Start watching @4:20 or so

Seconded.  This guy is every bit as entertaining as the semi-toothless yelling weather dude after your teams beats UTn.  It's must watch.

2 hours ago, locodos said:

Only upshot is BigVOLdaddy...  always check his videos after a heartbreaking Vols loss.

That's like a livesteam of a Surly GameDay thread.

I started reading sec rant, and the Tennessee posters are as bad as aggy. I was not expecting anyone to be as bad as aggy.

I went there the first time ever back in the summer of 2022 to check it out, and again maybe 6 months ago. The mouth breathers are somewhat funny making fun of aggy, but the average IQ has to be 100 or less and that may be generous. Slow, very slow shaking of the head as you read. No f’ing way would I sign up for that shitshow.

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

I went there the first time ever back in the summer of 2022 to check it out, and again maybe 6 months ago. The mouth breathers are somewhat funny making fun of aggy, but the average IQ has to be 100 or less and that may be generous. Slow, very slow shaking of the head as you read. No f’ing way would I sign up for that shitshow.

You don’t say…

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, locodos said:

The acoustics in his singlewide trailer add to the ambiance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2024 at 4:29 PM, locodos said:

I always make it a point to listen to Tony Basilio's post game podcast when they lose.  He's a great host, and the callers are, well, very interesting.

On 7/11/2024 at 7:50 AM, markstanco said:

I think it would be badass to take a boat to the game.

Lots of Bama fans attend that game via various river routes by traveling down the Warrior, up the Tombigbee then up the Tennessee to Knoxville.

Neyland is actually not bad for opposing fans.  You’ll sit in the upper deck above the Tennessee River.  If you get seated early, you can see the Vol band coming over the crown of a hill above the other end of the stadium.  The flyover was cool the time I went.  A fucking WW2 B-17 and B-29 circled the stadium spewing orange and blue (?) smoke.  The players running out through the T was nice.  Their fan base is a little more obnoxious than they used to be with that lardass ex-OU quarterback as a corch.  

And that godawful Rocky Top. It never stops, win, lose, TD, no TD, good plays, bad plays, it is INCESSANT.  East Tennessee in mid-October is a beautiful place.  Rent a cabin in the Smokies, sit back on the deck, listen to coyotes yapping, have  a few sips of amber liquid and a victory cigar and enjoy.  

Been to a couple of games there and enjoyed one of them.  Enjoyed the trip both times.  On the way up, my eight year old daughter and her girl cousin held up homemade posters to passing Vol cars and received plenty of one finger salutes:

ROCKY FLOP

TENESSEE FALTZ

SMOKEY SUCKS EGGS

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

Lots of Bama fans attend that game via various river routes by traveling down the Warrior, up the Tombigbee then up the Tennessee to Knoxville.

Neyland is actually not bad for opposing fans.  You’ll sit in the upper deck above the Tennessee River.  If you get seated early, you can see the Vol band coming over the crown of a hill above the other end of the stadium.  The flyover was cool the time I went.  A fucking WW2 B-17 and B-29 circled the stadium spewing orange and blue (?) smoke.  The players running out through the T was nice.  Their fan base is a little more obnoxious than they used to be with that lardass ex-OU quarterback as a corch.  

And that godawful Rocky Top. It never stops, win, lose, TD, no TD, good plays, bad plays, it is INCESSANT.  East Tennessee in mid-October is a beautiful place.  Rent a cabin in the Smokies, sit back on the deck, listen to coyotes yapping, have  a few sips of amber liquid and a victory cigar and enjoy.  

Been to a couple of games there and enjoyed one of them.  Enjoyed the trip both times.  On the way up, my eight year old daughter and her girl cousin held up homemade posters to passing Vol cars and received plenty of one finger salutes:

ROCKY FLOP

TENESSEE FALTZ

SMOKEY SUCKS EGGS

What's worse, Rocky Top or boomer pooner?

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

ROCKY FLOP

TENESSEE FALTZ

SMOKEY SUCKS EGGS

If you think Rocky Top is annoying, wait 'til you play the Sooners.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

What's worse, Rocky Top or boomer pooner?

When it comes to answering a question of what is the worst or what sucks the most, the answer is always the land thieves.

Now, we do have 120+ years of having to put up with their stupid song.  That would be hard for Rocky Top or any other monotonous, repetitive song to overcome.

On 7/11/2024 at 7:39 AM, Nivek said:

It’s a nice stadium. Fans are good there even if you are an opposing fan.

Yep.  As much trash as I talk because I had to live there for almost 20 years, deep down, they really are good people.  Let me put it this way.  There is a big, BIG difference between alums and tshirt fans when it comes to Tennessee.  That may actually apply to all SEC teams as they support their state colleges mostly over professional sports.  But yes, my wife is a Vol alum as are 3 of my best friends.  The only real issues I ever had was with the tshirters, tailgate story (above) aside.  /slightly drunk, don't judge

• Like 1

If a school's primary color is construction zone orange, dark grey is a good choice to pair with it to minimize the garishness.  "Smokey" grey based on their dog mascot and the Smokey mountains, sure whatever.  They could be worse.

11 hours ago, ScottS said:

When it comes to answering a question of what is the worst or what sucks the most, the answer is always the land thieves.

Now, we do have 120+ years of having to put up with their stupid song.  That would be hard for Rocky Top or any other monotonous, repetitive song to overcome.

Just wait for the extra annoying, aggyesque “Whoooo!” after “🎵 gooo - oood ollle Rocky Top 🎵” every fucking time, with all the monkey shit hazard orange clones singing along like a crazed mob of UK scoccer hooligans. It’ll be enough to force you to projectile vomick like the Monty Python wafer thin mint sketch, preferably on several of them.

• Haha 2

Just wait for the extra annoying, aggyesque “Whoooo!” after “ gooo - oood ollle Rocky Top ” every fucking time, with all the monkey shit hazard orange clones singing along like a crazed mob of UK scoccer hooligans. It’ll be enough to force you to projectile vomick like the Monty Python wafer thin mint sketch, preferably on several of them.

Rocky Top references moonshine plus it is catchy. It’s fine.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Rocky Top references moonshine plus it is catchy. It’s fine.

Catchy?  Maybe, but not so much the 10,000th time.  If you enjoy it, watch the Vols - any sport, any venue.  You’ll hear it five times each hour even if they don’t score.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Catchy?  Maybe, but not so much the 10,000th time.  If you enjoy it, watch the Vols - any sport, any venue.  You’ll hear it five times each hour even if they don’t score.

Are you old enough to remember the cowbells and Mississippi State? Ever been to an Seminole game? Been to a game at Kansas State with their "good for a wildcat first down" (which occurs sometimes when it isn't)? Been to aggie and dealt with that fucking cult? Visted Fayettenahm with zero cars without damage/dents and meth addled freaks? I live in Tennessee. I know what you're speaking of regarding Rocky Top, and it is a beating for sure.

OUsux is.. Next. Fucking. Level of hell with their Boomer Sooner.

First down, play it.

2 yard loss, play it.

Texas gets 15 yards rushing, play it.

3 yard rush, play it.

Fair catch a punt, play it.

TV time out, play it.

Texas scores a 80 yard touch down, play it after the Longhorn band plays.

6 yard pass, play it.

Score a TD, play it.

Score a field goal, play it.

The wind blows, play it.

A cloud passes over, play it.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Now for other news, if you want a hotel for the game book it way in advance or do as suggested and get an airbnb cabin. The Smokies are vastly underrated. Be forwarded, parking is a nightmare. 

Knoxville has one of the best Whiskey bars I've ever been too and that's not the only good one. So good news for Surly folks. Food options are strong too, but lines are a beating. The river tailgating is pretty amazing. 

The Tshirt vs alumni issue is very real at pretty much every SEC venue save Vandy, where it's pretty much all Alumni. 

Vanderbilt is gonna be the premium road trip in our new conference, but there are a goodly number of other road trips worth the work and Knoxville is certainly one of them. UK (if you like Whiskey this is a must do road trip), LSU, Georgia, and imo South Carolina are some others.

BCS and MSU are hard passes, imo.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Now for other news, if you want a hotel for the game book it way in advance or do as suggested and get an airbnb cabin. The Smokies are vastly underrated. Be forwarded, parking is a nightmare. 

Knoxville has one of the best Whiskey bars I've ever been too and that's not the only good one. So good news for Surly folks. Food options are strong too, but lines are a beating. The river tailgating is pretty amazing. 

The Tshirt vs alumni issue is very real at pretty much every SEC venue save Vandy, where it's pretty much all Alumni. 

Vanderbilt is gonna be the premium road trip in our new conference, but there are a goodly number of other road trips worth the work and Knoxville is certainly one of them. UK (if you like Whiskey this is a must do road trip), LSU, Georgia, and imo South Carolina are some others.

BCS and MSU are hard passes, imo.

+1 on the cabin.  Spend the day at the game, then bust ass to the hills.  You can head straight to the foothills by taking Chapman Hwy.  Avoid the I-40 route unless you want to sit in traffic for 3 hours.  And, for whatever reason, the cabin situation up there is 100% better than what I've seen in *Hochatown/Beaver's Bend.  My family, mostly Vol alum friends, and I used to do two cabin trips a year when we lived in Knoxville.  OK.  Sorry.  I'm just rambling now.  WHEN, the Horns travel to Knoxville, if anyone has any questions, let me know.  I think @Nivek and I can probably find an answer.

*For reference if you've been up there.

• Hook 'Em 3

Listen to him regarding I40. For a better grasp of I40 imagine similar or greater semi traffic of I35, with a greater number of RVs, and equal number of general idiots. Now imagine it with equally stupid civil engineering and foothills of mountains. Yeah.. on that note fly into Knoxville if you can. The drive from Nashville is far worse than San Antonio to Dallas.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I know what you're speaking of regarding Rocky Top, and it is a beating for sure.

OUsux is.. Next. Fucking. Level 

A cloud passes over, play it.

I hear you, brother.  Someone needs to count the playings of Boomer Sooner vs Texas Fight at the RRR.  Texas Fight at least has some variation to the melody and the snazzy trombone riffs.

One of you original burnt orange eyes surly shaggy deacons should start a new thread, Away Games Shit We Hate, such as the egomaniacal PA guy at Ole Miss:

“And that’s another FIRST down, Ohhhoooollllll MISS!”

He gets his cookies a lot with the Lane Train offense.  Obnoxious as shit.  Been going on for two decades at least.  The comely UM ladies decorating Vaught-Hemingway and The Grove somewhat make up for it.  Somewhat. 

Heads may explode all around on Oct 26 when OU comes to Oxford.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

@Bama Llama is correct.  Both Boomer Sooner and Rocky Top are extremely annoying, played far too often, and redundant.  But, TN wins because of that God awful "whoop!" after the words "Good 'Ole Rocky Top". 

Rocky Top is an actual song.  Boomer Sooner is just marching band diarrhea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Sir, I you have just coined a term which most aptly describes one of the lesser aspects of the “pageantry of college football.”  Kudos.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Sir, I you have just coined a term which most aptly describes one of the lesser aspects of the “pageantry of college football.”  Kudos.

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

Marching Band Diarrhea may be defined as any playing of that Darth Vader dirge shit, Iron Man, Seven Nation Army, Night on Bald Mountain or that candy-ass A, B, C, D~E, repeat, repeat, followed by “Go Big (yell any color)!” or yell “Let’s Go (name any animal)!”  Looking at you, Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/14/2024 at 8:13 AM, Bama Llama said:

Yeah, it is catchy.  The FSU chant is pretty catchy as well.    Just cause I am getting to middle aged, doesn't mean everyone else is.    I approach this shit like I would watching Frozen for the 48th time.   If my daughter decided out of the blue to watch it again, I would make the popcorn.   No matter our ages.

22 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

@Bama Llama is correct.  Both Boomer Sooner and Rocky Top are extremely annoying, played far too often, and redundant.  But, TN wins because of that God awful "whoop!" after the words "Good 'Ole Rocky Top". 

Incorrect.  Boomer Sooner has no redeeming value.   At least the crowd gets involved for Rocky Top and Tomahawk Chop.   Boomer Sooner is just a dumb fucking thing that doesn't even rhyme.  

• Haha 1