So excited to go to the SEC with these Tennessee assholes

TexasEd

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Incorrect.  Boomer Sooner has no redeeming value.   At least the crowd gets involved for Rocky Top and Tomahawk Chop.   Boomer Sooner is just a dumb fucking thing that doesn't even rhyme.  

The correct answer is all three of those suck.  In ascending order of suckage... 

• Boomer Sooner ... I hear it and think of those idiots wrecking their wagon on field... brings a slight smirk.  Plus we (gata) don't play them often
  • .  giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952u2n8vefb6pox7ipw7w
  • The groan ...  so monotonous and not unique.  It's just stupid but at least they tone it down when they're getting smoked.
  • Rocky Top ... The worst, in part because it is catchy.  If they played it 3 times a quarter it might be pretty cool.  Instead those retards just keep play it ad nauseum win or lose.
Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Incorrect.  Boomer Sooner has no redeeming value.   At least the crowd gets involved for Rocky Top and Tomahawk Chop.   Boomer Sooner is just a dumb fucking thing that doesn't even rhyme.  

"Boomer Sooner" rhymes with the next "Boomer Sooner", wash, rinse, repeat 200 times or so, no?

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

I’ll be honest even OU fans just chuckle at the faces of opposing fans as it’s played over and over.  When we are losing opposing fans just laugh like ‘wtf?’   Luckily we aren’t losing too often.  I’m sure that will change in the SEC.  

But you can never take back those bloody Saturdays in October under Mack.  Could see the homicidal anger on that side of the stadium as it drones on and on, over and over.  For what it’s worth, I do enjoy the UT fight song.  So congrats on that…

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/15/2024 at 2:36 PM, Nivek said:

Yeah, it is catchy.  The FSU chant is pretty catchy as well.    Just cause I am getting to middle aged, doesn't mean everyone else is.    I approach this shit like I would watching Frozen for the 48th time.   If my daughter decided out of the blue to watch it again, I would make the popcorn.   No matter our ages.

I hear you, man.  It’s like Notre Dame’s fight song - what’s it called?, the Victory March? In 1975,  my wife and I drove all the way from Tuscaloosa to Miami to watch Alabama and ND to play for #1 for the second year in a row.  I was fired up long before they struck up the band.  We were seated just above in the corner of the upper deck in the corner of the closed in of the old Orange Bowl.  They have a row of 6’6” guys in plaid kilts in tall bearskin hats all across the front of the band.  The intro is a long one but you know what’s coming.  When the main melody kicks in, your adrenaline really zooms.  I can only imagine what it’s like if you’re a Notre Dame fan.  Hey, Duke Ellington said it right.  Good music is good music.  What makes it good?  If I like it, it’s good!  Roll Tide.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/15/2024 at 8:45 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

I’ll be honest even OU fans just chuckle at the faces of opposing fans as it’s played over and over.  

But you can never take back those bloody Saturdays in October under Mack.  Could see the homicidal anger on that side of the stadium as it drones on and on, over and over. 

Remind me to kill you later. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Remind me to kill you later. 

spacer.png

Haha…You guys are primed for a hell of a run.  Some lean years but you made it through.  Enjoy the good times.  I kind of hate admitting it but with Texas back and going to the SEC it does feel like it all means more.  And yes, it definitely feels like a dbag statement admitting all that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:52 PM, msucolt45 said:

CTD - you have to admit that the OU band only knows how to play “Oklahoma,” the National Anthem, and Boomer Sooner.

Hook’em!!!

They know how to blaspheme the national anthem. It’s “Home of the Brave”, dipshits.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20240802-053716_kindlephoto-2931139.png.16d7f5c04264527714be992772dd86c3.png

The Power-T labeled Vol Lager will feature beer, merchandise with UT athletics

JOHN BRICE              14 HOURS AGO

Tennessee fandom had been interwoven into Jessi and Joe Baker, de facto DNA for East Tennessee natives from the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains who grew up around University of Tennessee athletics.

They graduated on Rocky Top and eventually launched their burgeoning beer brand, Yee-Haw, with a vision that folks might come together to share their suds while watching their beloved Volunteers.

Brick-and-mortar expansions followed, and Yee-Haw, along with sister brand Ole Smoky Moonshine, has emerged as a Southern force with taprooms and multi-purpose facilities in Nashville, Greenville, S.C., Johnson City, Tenn., and, newest of all, downtown Knoxville mere minutes from Neyland Stadium.

In football terms, it’s been a perfect game plan.

Now, the brand is forming a synergistic partnership with the University of Tennessee – in liquid form, as well as merchandising.

All-new Vol Lager is being rolled out this month – the only beer licensed to carry Tennessee’s iconic ‘Power T’ logo and a checker-boarded design on the cans.

Bigger still? The new beer – a 4.2% ABV lager made 100 miles from UT’s flagship campus in Johnson City – has been fast-tracked for distribution at University of Tennessee events.

“The biggest days we see at our Yee-Haw locations are always centered around Tennessee athletics, be it basketball, our baseball national championship or football games,” Kimberly Wunderlich, Yee-Haw’s marketing director whose own family season tickets stretch back decades into Vols football history, told FootballScoop. “We’re founded by UT alums and we have many UT alums in the organization and everybody kind of shares that love for UT.

“As we started working with the University of Tennessee Institute for Agriculture and helped open a Hop Yard, we wanted to try to help support them in any way we could. And it happened organically that if there was ever going to be a beer that was a UT beer, we knew we wanted to be it because we all share that love and passion for Tennessee.

“We felt we could bring that passion more than anybody else here on earth; we’re proud beermakers.”

The Vol Lager, which the Bakers ensured would send derivative portions of proceeds directly back to the University of Tennessee, will be prominently featured inside Neyland Stadium later this month when Josh Heupel’s preseason-top 25 Vols open against Chattanooga.

Neyland Stadium outposts will have both 19.2-ounce cans and draft offerings of the all-new “beer flavored beer,” as Wunderlich described it.

Additionally, Vol Lager has been designated by UT Athletics as the program’s official craft beer, and Yee-Haw has secured rights as the official host site for all Tennessee watch parties.

Hats, T-shirts and additional branding items are soon to follow.

The North End Zone Social Deck inside Neyland Stadium is expected to carry the Yee-Haw/Vol Lager moniker this season, and the new UT-specific beverage is going to be stocked inside Lindsey Nelson Stadium’s left field bar for the 2025 season – the program’s first-ever baseball campaign as reigning national champions. Vol Lager also will be available inside the Food City Center for men’s and women’s basketball games, as well as concerts, and also at Lady Vols softball contests.

It’s an exciting opportunity for both parties, Wunderlich said, but one envisioned as only the next step in an ongoing, growing partnership.

“We wanted to make sure that we are providing some benefit back to the University of Tennessee,” said Wunderlich, who noted the Bakers prioritized ensuring full licensing of the product to generate revenues back to Vols athletics. “We didn’t want to just stick our logo somewhere and have it not mean anything.

“We want purpose and meaning behind what we’re doing, and we are thrilled to be able to contribute that for the University of Tennessee.”

After all, Rocky Top’s long had its moonshine stills. Now, it’s got an official beer to match. 

Eli Drinkwitz, Missouri troll Tennessee Vols, others as "Tennessee State Champs"

The Tigers beat four Tennessee teams last fall, face only Vanderbilt in 2024

JOHN BRICE         6 HOURS AGO

En route to an 11-win campaign in 2023 that marked the second time in five seasons as a head coach that Eli Drinkwitz had won 11 or more games, the Missouri football program notched double-digit wins in a season for just the sixth time since 1961.

Heady stuff.

And while the Tigers's suffocating, 14-3 triumph against Ohio State in the season-ending Cotton Bowl punctuated the break-through campaign, their dominant win against Tennessee might have provided the seminal moment.

That's when Drinkwitz told Josh Heupel, a former Missouri offensive coordinator prior to Drinkwitz's arrival atop the program in 2020, that his Tigers stood on business in the aftermath of their 36-7 thrashing of the Volunteers.

"Our defense kicked their ass," Drinkwitz said after No. 14 Missouri had stymied No. 13 Tennessee.  It's the only time in his six seasons as a head coach that Heupel has seen his team held to a single-digit output.

Missouri also toppled MTSU, Memphis and Vanderbilt among its 11 wins last fall.

As the Tigers enter the upcoming 2024 season as the nation's preseason No. 11 team in the nation, ahead of traditional SEC luminaries LSU (12) and Tennessee (15), among others, they aren't letting anyone forget their run through the Volunteer State last fall.

The Tigers are not scheduled to face the Vols this fall as the SEC expands to 16 teams and welcomes in Oklahoma and Texas; they do have a Sept. 21 date at home against a Vanderbilt team coming off a two-win campaign.

Barring an unlikely postseason meeting, the Tigers won't face Tennessee or Memphis -- the Volunteer State's unquestioned top-two teams -- until 2025 at the earliest.

A five-game winning streak against teams from Tennessee seems a foregone conclusion.  No idea if that, too, will result in a T-shirt. 

• Haha 1

Have any of you Surly SOBs watched/listened to the Paul Finebaum show? It’s daily on the SECN live, 2-6 our time, or on the SXM radio. This is the “passion” that we are about to enter in a month+.

I really think you have to have about 3-4 cold ones in you, on a Friday afternoon, to understand most callers.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

My Dad actually coached four players, from DeSoto(TX) that played for Johnny Majors and the Vols during the mid ‘80s.

I’ve always rooted for “cream sickle” orange because of those guys. I’ve always appreciated their program, both men and women, but when it comes down to UT - the Horns and UT of Austin have it!

Hook’em!!!

Their offense is fully regarded too. They let Florida beat them last year directly due to self imposed unforced errors. 
can’t wait until we’re whipping these goofy fuckers at their place, been wanting to go to that stadium

22 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

There's literally no multiverse where I would ever listen to Pawl. He's another SECX3 moron. He's another Stephen A and Skip Bayless. 

The phone calls are scripted and totally regarded. It’s people literally pretending to be uneducated southern rednecks. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 2:49 PM, msucolt45 said:

Have any of you Surly SOBs watched/listened to the Paul Finebaum show? It’s daily on the SECN live, 2-6 our time, or on the SXM radio. This is the “passion” that we are about to enter in a month+.

I really think you have to have about 3-4 cold ones in you, on a Friday afternoon, to understand most callers.

Hook’em!!!

I have zero interest in listening to phone calls from rando morons. It's like reading the comments section on Facebook posts, but with voices included. No thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

The phone calls are scripted and totally regarded. It’s people literally pretending to be uneducated southern rednecks. 

Yeah, I figured. His schtick has been old for well over a decade. I couldn't believe Bobby would have him on their show knowing he's a clown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Were Texas. Tennessee can have 'UT' as far is I'm concerned. We'll take the Ws instead.

And yeah, having lived in Tennessee near the hills & hillbillies for a few years of my childhood, I wouldn't be so sure those callers are pretending to be rednecks.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, wood said:

Were Texas. Tennessee can have 'UT' as far is I'm concerned. We'll take the Ws instead.

I understand the sentiment, but if you say "UT" in Texas then everyone's going to assume you're talking about Texas.

And yet I have no doubt that in the coming months, across the state at various McDonald's drivethru windows, or in Buccees restrooms, or during insurance sales calls, idiot ags are going to do their best to try and catch anyone calling The University of Texas "UT" and then "correct" them, all the while their audience is either rolling their eyes or confused AF trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

The truth is that it's easy for smart people to figure out by context, and the stupid people are going to say, do, and think stupid things, regardless. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I understand the sentiment, but if you say "UT" in Texas then everyone's going to assume you're talking about Texas.

And yet I have no doubt that in the coming months, across the state at various McDonald's drivethru windows, or in Buccees restrooms, or during insurance sales calls, idiot ags are going to do their best to try and catch anyone calling The University of Texas "UT" and then "correct" them, all the while their audience is either rolling their eyes or confused AF trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

The truth is that it's easy for smart people to figure out by context, and the stupid people are going to say, do, and think stupid things, regardless. 

[secsecsec] irregardless [/secsecsec]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

You act as if aggy hasn't corrected it with t.u.  Nothing new here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/10/2024 at 6:23 PM, TrashMaster G said:

I have zero interest in listening to phone calls from rando morons. It's like reading the comments section on Facebook posts, but with voices included. No thanks. 

Lulz, substitute in posts to any sports fan forum. Present company excluded, of course?

The store is a tourist trap, but damn the bathrooms. 

If most future places on interstates throughout the country like them, with a lot of M/F bathrooms, and paid the people to keep the place clean, I’d stop there.

Outside of Beaver Nuggets, their best is clean bathrooms, IMO.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

So far as Tennessee, the people I know from there have always called them the “Vol’s”. I don’t believe I have ever heard anyone call themselves “UT”? I’m sure there are some, but “how bout them Vol’s” is pretty much the standard response when they win one.

Tennessee resident, so I can speak to this.  Around here, UT almost always refers to the university, athletic teams are referred to as the Vols.  No need for quotation marks or apostrophe's.  But the pronunciation is closer to "Vawls," and is almost two syllables.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SurlyGator said:

Tennessee resident, so I can speak to this.  Around here, UT almost always refers to the university, athletic teams are referred to as the Vols.  No need for quotation marks or apostrophe's.  But the pronunciation is closer to "Vawls," and is almost two syllables.

So they speak like retards? 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

7270f642a5f48d4915cdc77cea9e8120.jpg

These four players played for my Dad, at DeSoto(TX) HS, in the early 80s. L-R they are:
Prior, Hendrix, Hunt, and Hale.

As a youngster, I loved watching the Jefferson Pilot game each Saturday AM, as Tennessee usually was on (TBS) home or on the road.

Still have a soft spot in my heart for “cream sickle” orange.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 10:37 PM, SurlyGator said:

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2024 at 9:49 PM, msucolt45 said:

7270f642a5f48d4915cdc77cea9e8120.jpg

These four players played for my Dad, at DeSoto(TX) HS, in the early 80s. L-R they are:
Prior, Hendrix, Hunt, and Hale.

As a youngster, I loved watching the Jefferson Pilot game each Saturday AM, as Tennessee usually was on (TBS) home or on the road.

Still have a soft spot in my heart for “cream sickle” orange.

Hook’em!!!

Yep.  It sucks because my wife and two of my best friends are Vol grads.  Plus, I enjoyed the '90 Cotton Bowl in the Vol section (against Arkansas) far more than I did in the Texas section the following year.

But, damn if living in Knoxville for 18 years didn't turn me against them.