So excited to go to the SEC with these Tennessee assholes

TexasEd

On 8/15/2024 at 9:37 PM, SurlyGator said:

Tennessee resident, so I can speak to this.  Around here, UT almost always refers to the university, athletic teams are referred to as the Vols.  No need for quotation marks or apostrophe's.  But the pronunciation is closer to "Vawls," and is almost two syllables.

VUuls is the redneck version

V is light the U is heavy emphasis gotta lightly draw out the L. VoouLs closer to vowels when your hammered drunk.

Knox vUULl

CookvUULl

And of course Lebnun spelled Lebanon 

And yes UT is a University, not a sports team. Similar to Texas you put the city after it only when it's not Knoxvuul.

Edited by BurntEyes

On 8/15/2024 at 7:22 PM, Hamttx said:

So far as Tennessee, the people I know from there have always called them the “Vol’s”. I don’t believe I have ever heard anyone call themselves “UT”? I’m sure there are some, but “how bout them Vol’s” is pretty much the standard response when they win one.

Why the fuck would you call them Vol's?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

She's a hot 19 year old Texan and disgraced Tenn. cheerleader who's on OF now. She belongs everywhere.

Preferably in my bedroom, a man can dream.

I'll be in my bunk figuring out a plan to make that happen.

14 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Does it say what she did to get kicked off the squad?

Seems like offering public "BDSM and anal play" could violate some kind of university cheerleader morals clause (which I'm against of course. all for the slutty girls). 

• Drool 1

Just now, Nivek said:

They have a WR named Squirrel? That is incredible.  Maybe in 10 years or so they can have an alumni game and get Jim Bob Cooter to throw to him.  

Some of those hillbillies will see Squirrel on the roster and think it's a menu.

On 8/15/2024 at 9:49 PM, msucolt45 said:

7270f642a5f48d4915cdc77cea9e8120.jpg

These four players played for my Dad, at DeSoto(TX) HS, in the early 80s. L-R they are:
Prior, Hendrix, Hunt, and Hale.

As a youngster, I loved watching the Jefferson Pilot game each Saturday AM, as Tennessee usually was on (TBS) home or on the road.

Still have a soft spot in my heart for “cream sickle” orange.

Hook’em!!!

for obvious reasons, not one of those mother fuckers went to DeSoto

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2024 at 9:37 PM, SurlyGator said:

Tennessee resident, so I can speak to this.  Around here, UT almost always refers to the university, athletic teams are referred to as the Vols.  No need for quotation marks or apostrophe's.  But the pronunciation is closer to "Vawls," and is almost two syllables.

Vols is already pretty much phonetically spelled. We got it... 

• 2 weeks later...