Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

If I were the kind of poster who engaged in terrible recruiting puns years before a class signs, I'd say that the State of Texas in 2021 is Milroe's Place.

#MilroesPlace #YesIAmOld #NoIDidNotWatchIt #YesIRealizeThisHashtagSucksForRecruitingTeenagersIn2021ItIsJustAJokeDammitLeaveMeAlone

My kids would call that cringy, Huck

• Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

Something to note on Neville, he's transferred to Missouri City Hightower (from Willowridge) and is now at his third school in three years.

Awesome. I like a kid who likes to go to school, so much he goes to three different ones. Won't have to worry about him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Something to note on Neville, he's transferred to Missouri City Hightower (from Willowridge) and is now at his third school in three years.

Hightower and Willowridge are in the same school district and actually share school zones, hopefully it's not that big of a deal.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Hightower and Willowridge are in the same school district and actually share school zones, hopefully it's not that big of a deal.

Isn't this the kid from the famous Neville (Art Neville, Aaron Neville) family in New Orleans? I would think LSU stands the best chance there but I thought I remember seeing he was a big fan of tOSU. 

3 minutes ago, NameNotFound said:

Isn't this the kid from the famous Neville (Art Neville, Aaron Neville) family in New Orleans? I would think LSU stands the best chance there but I thought I remember seeing he was a big fan of tOSU. 

Does he share Aaron's mole?

20 minutes ago, Goodman said:

He's not P5 college ready, not many HS kids are if any at all. He's the best interior prospect since Bragg or Green last year. I love the kid and hope to see him join his friends here.

You're right, not many HS propects are.  Foster has great size and his strength is off the charts.  I believe, the dude put of 26 reps on bench as a HS junior at one of these camps.  That's about what the NFL combine OL participants were posting.  Erik McCoy, a high draft pick, put up 29 reps for perspective.  Will there be an adjustment, of course... but from a physical stand point, he can compete his freshman year fosure. 

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

You're right, not many HS propects are.  Foster has great size and his strength is off the charts.  I believe, the dude put of 26 reps on bench as a HS junior at one of these camps.  That's about what the NFL combine OL participants were posting.  Erik McCoy, a high draft pick, put up 29 reps for perspective.  Will there be an adjustment, of course... but from a physical stand point, he can compete his freshman year fosure. 

Not about strength for him. Technique, system, line calls, adjustment to college life/program demands & in game decision making....we have grown ass men developing. If they are not up for the challenge then I hope he is the rare pup who is, but we no longer have to take on that risk.

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

He’s a 16 year old about to start his Junior year in HS.  Every big name school and big name coach is kissing his ass begging him to come to their school.  I have known him since he was 5.  He’s a great kid and his parents are completely grounded.  His dad is most interested in education. Tunmise is having fun with the process.  Can you blame him?  What would you have done at 16?  

He won’t commit until his senior year.  All we have to do is win and he will be here with Jalen.  He was vocal in getting schools to look at Jalen and now he’s committed to us.  Let the process play out and let the kid enjoy the process.  How you can root against a 16 year old because he’s acting like a 16 year old is beyond me.  If he commits somewhere else, so be it.  He’s a great kid and very humble and I said 2 years ago he would end up here....we shall see.

I don't know the kid, but he doesn't strike me as someone to root against, regardless of where he attends school. He just seems like a normal 16 year old football star enjoying life. He's a good friend to Jalen, obviously. You can't get better than that. 

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Moriba Kemessia Jah (born 1971) is an American space scientist and aerospace engineer known for his contributions to orbit determination and prediction especially as related to space situational awareness and space traffic monitoring. He is currently an Associate Professor of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics at the University of Texas at Austin. Jah previously worked as a spacecraft navigator at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where he was a navigator for the Mars Global Surveyor, Mars Odyssey, Mars Express, Mars Exploration Rover, and his last mission was the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. He is a Fellow of the American Astronautical Society, the Air Force Research Laboratory[1], the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety and, the Royal Astronomical Society. Jah was also selected into the 10th anniversary class of TED Fellows. He also was selected into the AIAA class of Fellows and Honorary Fellows in the year of the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11. The AIAA "confers the distinction of Fellow upon individuals in recognition of their notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences or technology of aeronautics and astronautics.  Most importantly, he helped recruit a bluechip OL."

FIFY

47 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't know the kid, but he doesn't strike me as someone to root against, regardless of where he attends school. He just seems like a normal 16-year-old football star enjoying life. He's a good friend to Jalen, obviously. You can't get better than that. 

Sometimes CTJ can't control his cuntiness and has a flare up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cafe society said:

As regards Bryce Foster and the shot put, wasn't there a post on IT or TFB that stated Foster would be allowed to participate in Track and Field?  Hand told him he could?  

Foster initimated that Herman himself needed to be more clear in his communication over T&F participation.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Miami having 12 commits (8 three stars) already is still shocking to me

Why? Every time they've ever shown up competitive in recent years feels like them jumping to huge leads with meh players and then falling way back when others catch up to their numbers. This feels absolutely Usual to me?