Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just now, Chrispy_ said:

It looks like this Shadrach Banks kid is committing in a couple of hours. The CB’s indicate it will be aggy, but I hardly remember him being discussed on here. 

North Shore and had zero interest in anything outside of the SECSECSEC. Apparently really wants to play with Demetrious Davis, and he won't be coming here either.

2021 is going to be very different than 2020.  We’re getting a quite a few elite kids early.  Get them and they start recruiting for you at these camps and it creates a positive energy that other recruits want to join in on.  This will be like the 2018 class.  Man if we got Sanders and Tunmise, that would be a sick DL whomever they pair them with.

24 minutes ago, victory88 said:

2021 is going to be very different than 2020.  We’re getting a quite a few elite kids early.  Get them and they start recruiting for you at these camps and it creates a positive energy that other recruits want to join in on.  This will be like the 2018 class.  Man if we got Sanders and Tunmise, that would be a sick DL whomever they pair them with.

I'd like Burris and Jackson as well, but I don't think that one's going to go our way.  Jordan Thomas and Clayton Smith are likely though.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'd like Burris and Jackson as well, but I don't think that one's going to go our way.  Jordan Thomas and Clayton Smith are likely though.

Man I would love to have Jackson but hard to see that kid not ending up at aggy.  Burris I’m indifferent on.  His seems slow at times in his highlights but that may be a product of seeing his teammate flying into the back field on his own HUDL.  He doesn’t have much of a pass rush.  Not sure where he’s being recruited on our DL.  I don’t see the same power or athleticism I see/saw from Broughton, Coburn, Sweat.  Those guys can be disruptive.  Sweat’s senior tape was domination.  Coburn just eats up blockers and causes havoc.  I don’t see that on his tape so not sure if we’re recruiting him for NT or to play DE or 4i. 

Updated Composite top 30 in Texas
1) Tommy Brockermeyer
2) Camar Wheaton
3) Savion Byrd
4) Landon Jackson
5) Tunmise Adeleye
6) Ja'Tavion Sanders
7) Donovan Jackson
8') Preston Stone
9) Marcus Burris
10) Shadrach Banks- Texas A&M
11) Jalen Milroe- Texas
12) Latrell McCutchin- Alabama
13) Bryce Foster
14) Quaydarius Davis- Texas
15) Billy Bowman- Texas

16) Cody Jackson- OU
17) Reuben Fatheree
18) Ishmael Ibraheem
19) Clayton Smith
20) JoJo Earle
21) Jaeden Roberts
22) Latrell Neville
23) Jacob Rodriquez
24) Sawyer Robertson
25) Kendrick Blackshire
26) Theodore Knox
27) Dametrious Crownover
28) JL Johnson
29) Dematrius Davis
30) Eli Stowers- Texas A&M

Other top Texas targets
32) Jordon Thomas
34) Derrick Harris Jr
35) Hayden Conner
36) JD Coffey
44) Brandon Campbell
48) James Brockermeyer
51) Lake McRee
60) Juan Davis

Edited by Fud

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Fatheree seems a little high on that list. 

He’s been a known quantity for two years now. He’s unlikely to fall fast off top lists, but I’d bet there will be a steady decline as the cycle progresses. 

I’d say conner’s a little low, but I’m not sure he should be in the top 20 either.

Edited by Burt Macklin

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

A commitment from Harris will bring some aggy tears.  Maybe not Hayden Conner level, but it'll be close.  They've convinced themselves they are getting him and that he's one of the most important recruits for this class since LB's are scarce in Texas.

No, they compartmentalize uncommitted Harris and sip commit Harris. Sip commit Harris is bread and not a take because there are 5 better in both Tennessee and New Jersey plus they are looking good for all the 5 star linebackers across the country. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No, they compartmentalize uncommitted Harris and sip commit Harris. Sip commit Harris is bread and not a take because there are 5 better in both Tennessee and New Jersey plus they are looking good for all the 5 star linebackers across the country. 

Do we still take Clayton if we take Harris?

Just now, westexhorn said:

Do we still take Clayton if we take Harris?

Allegedly Harris is an off the ball LB, and Clayton is a pure B-backer, so as long as he's the preferred B-Backer then hell yeah. Also, if they were both off the ball LB's they'd for sure both be takes. LBs aren't growing on trees in TX recently

Just now, TommyGufano said:

Allegedly Harris is an off the ball LB, and Clayton is a pure B-backer, so as long as he's the preferred B-Backer then hell yeah. Also, if they were both off the ball LB's they'd for sure both be takes. LBs aren't growing on trees in TX recently

oh wow plz make it happen, can't wait for that rainforest level of tears

I’m very skeptical that Harris will be an ILB. He already plays 3-4 OLB in HS. There’s some clips of him playing DE (upright) in their 4 man fronts. His tape is a lot of pass rushing, setting the edge, and crashing down on runs. There’s no moving sideline to sideline, navigating traffic in the middle of the field, or covering RB routes. His hudl says 6’ 2” 220lbs but he’s still really narrow and will fill out a lot. His listed 40 time is 4.58 which might be good enough for Mac. I guess I’m fine with the take but he looks more like a future BLB or even a DE than an ILB. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He also went foggy on Wheaton, Landon Jackson, and Adeleye

Yeah, he’s saying that Samples leaving really hurt with Wheaton and an “unexpected team” is making a push. Landon may want to be a package deal with Burris and Adeleye hates the three-man front. 

11 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

Yeah, he’s saying that Samples leaving really hurt with Wheaton and an “unexpected team” is making a push. Landon may want to be a package deal with Burris and Adeleye hates the three-man front. 

Adeleye plays in a 3-man front at his HS.

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB alluded to more big 2021 news on the way soon. “Making an already strong position stronger”

If they are talking about receiver, Latrell Neville has been hinting at moving his commitment date up. Plus there is this tweet

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

You think Adeleye is a BLB?

Not seen him play but he's about to be a JR, two years of HS left. Sell the kid, my point is TO could do more when recruiting. It's a big part of the job, Elko sold Leal and seems we adjusted when landing Broughton.

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Not seen him play but he's about to be a JR, two years of HS left. Sell the kid, my point is TO could do more when recruiting. It's a big part of the job, Elko sold Leal and seems we adjusted when landing Broughton.

He’s not a BLB in the Big 12 at 260, which is a number that will only go up.

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

We're not going to tell a kid he's going to play a position he has no chance of playing at Texas. We do need to do a better job of selling the 4i and the the three-man front.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We're not going to tell a kid he's going to play a position he has no chance of playing at Texas. We do need to do a better job of selling the 4i and the the three-man front.

Agreed. TO does a lot with his schemes, seems he does not land the message or other teams do a better job of landing theirs.