Sam Houston State University to C-USA/FBS

GreenspointTexas

This has been their goal for a decade and with a championship under their belt this was the next logical move. There will eventually be a G5 playoff and this move helps them get a head start on competing for that. Secondly this will help basketball get up to par with their other men's sports.  

16 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

This has been their goal for a decade and with a championship under their belt this was the next logical move. There will eventually be a G5 playoff and this move helps them get a head start on competing for that. Secondly this will help basketball get up to par with their other men's sports.  

If you think they will ever sniff the playoffs or compete in basketball to any extent you have lost your damn mind.  If I was a alumni I’d be pissed.  

Edited by Hook1997

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

If you think they will ever sniff the playoffs or compete in basketball to any extent you have lost your damn mind.  If I was a alumni I’d be pissed.  

Like I said there will be a G5 Playoff eventually and that would be a reasonable goal. The basketball team will benefit with the staff they can add. One tournament appearance would be huge for Sam. 

this is not close to Texas State they have 2/3 the enrollment of Texas State and they are the ultimate "back home to north Houston for the weekend" commuter school

their students just soundly voted down an increase in fees for "covid related expenses to athletics" and their stajum does not come close to what Texas State had even before the upgrades to Texas State

there are a lot of pissed off students and alumni that do not give a shit about playing teams in the worst conference in the G5 they have no history with

they cannot afford this at all their administration should be fired immediately

• Hook 'Em 1